Double sized final issue in april

cbr.com/bendis-brings-back-thanos-for-his-guardians-of-the-galaxy-finale/

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/bendis-brings-back-thanos-for-his-guardians-of-the-galaxy-finale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that cover blurb

>Thanos
NO BAD BENIS HANDS OFF
Okay the sheer cheek of that somewhat redeems it.

>Thanos will job again

We're so close, lads. It's finally almost over!

wasn't this going for 12 issues?

See ya in the daily "stop ruining muh street level bendis" general!

>bendis-brings-back-thanos-for-his-guardians-of-the-galaxy-finale

>double sized Bendis

You know, just looking at this cover, and you can just feel that nothing happened in this whole run. The movie 5 vs. Thanos.

It took them 5+ years to decide to stop breaking out of jails and hanging out at bars to do something about Thanos instead of just bitching about him to justify Gamora's new inexplicable angst.

This run was so bland, it doesn't even qualify to be called "a joke"

What happened to Groot's "black wood guy with braids" look?

>Bendis' Big-time Bye-bye Blowout

You think Bendis is lost because he doesn't know what Phase 4 of the MCU is going to be? I mean, of course he keeps using Thanos cause Infinity Wars, but as with him making MCU Defenders, it's obvious that Sygorney Weaver will be the villain of that book.

Man, you think he made Riri and Miles so he could get the movie rights?

Can't wait for Duggan to get on and sweep this entire run under the rug.

>>Bland
That's a good word to describe it. We got a guy who doesn't get space stuff imitating Star Wars and the GOTG movie. Remember when he turned Knowhere into Tatooine? Or the fact that he just doesn't get anything that isn't a video game set up?

Come to think of it, almost all of Bendis' books are set up like video game levels...

You know what I really hated about this run? Blowing up Hala.

Why blow up Hala? Why destroy one of the few planet civilizations you have left? And don't go on about that Spartan nonsense! The Spartans are flat out humans!

There should be a law that states only Starlin or Hickman can write Thanos. No one else.

Hickman's Thanos was bad. He was like Darkseid

The article says how Bendis' tenure on the franchise is the longest of any writer, and yet less happened in his run than any other GotG writer's tenure.

>You think Bendis is lost because he doesn't know what Phase 4 of the MCU is going to be?

It wouldn't surprise me. I'm almost expecting him to focus on books that happen to be TV related since Perlmutter still controls that and he's probably still in Ike's Committee with Loeb and the others.

I'd probably guess he wouldn't have killed off War Machine if he had confirmation about what was really going to happen in Captain America: Civil War from Marvel Studios.

>Man, you think he made Riri and Miles so he could get the movie rights?

Probably. I guess even if Marvel Studios isn't talking to the rest of Marvel much they'd still compensate creators for using characters.

>Probably. I guess even if Marvel Studios isn't talking to the rest of Marvel much they'd still compensate creators for using characters.
Then they'll just use his characters under different names, like they're doing with Ganke.

Didn't he also blow up Spartoi though?

Please keep ignoring Richard Rider's return, please keep ignoring it.

How much do you wanna bet that Thanos' escape will be Gamora's fault and Bendis will have his characters act like she's done this several times?

Riri will show up in iron man 4 as lila rhodes

Please keep ignoring Richard Rider's return, please keep ignoring it.

Bendis even says that too like he accomplished something.

You know I love how Bendis keeps pushing thr Gamora and Thanos daddy issues thing and then Starlin in his Infinity mini series just has them meeting up and talking to each other all casually.

>Hickman's Thanos was bad. He was like Darkseid

Pottery.

Godammit I thought the first one didn't go in.

>People, friends of ours, have died trying to help her with this.
Literally literally who? What "friends" of Peter died because of Gamora's retconned-in Thanos hateboner?

You mean the character that actually made sense to take up the mantle considering her history? Who woulda thought. I don't even dislike Riri, but she and Miles are pretty transparent attempts for Bendis to try and cash in on established names for his own personal gain.

iirc Thanos in Starlin's books (70s-10s) always was good father. They never even fight

I meant they'll have lila be a mit student with a tony stark a.i.

Then they'll have a spider man thats miles in every way but he'll be named Miguel O'Hara

And it's fucking nothing. A generic "gotta stop Thanos on Earth" finale. Whodathunkit?

Ya know DNA's run meandered like hell too but at least they had the decency to catch most of the overarching plot balls that were still in the air, like the faults, the Church, and Oblivion. I don't think Bendis has done a damn thing with the Spartax or Badoon since Quill got the boot.

He wrapped up the Badoon storyline in an arc he created to fill the gap between the king of Spartax arc and Civil War II

They saved Angela, who got kidnapped by the Badoon somehow, Kitty got butt hurt over an alien prison because she believed it was a concentration camp, Thing got a love interest, and Angela decapitated their leader.

Also, the story was told out of order for some reason. It wasn't half bad, but it didn't redeem the rest of the run either.

Bendis thinks Thanos Imperative was about everyone trying to help Gamora send Thanos to another dimension
So, I'm guessing he thinks Rich.

>And it's fucking nothing
>Whodathunkit?
'Member when people actually thought the extra sized and massively delayed Uncanny X-Men #600 would actually tie up some loose ends and maybe, just maybe, toss the poor X-Fags a crumb after several years of NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED?

Yeah.

Marvel did nothing to make people aware of Rich coming back, so Bendis probably has no idea Rich is back.

OK, even if we accept that bullshit, that's one, Peter said "friends" in plural.

>cbr.com/bendis-brings-back-thanos-for-his-guardians-of-the-galaxy-finale/

What if this issue is delayed too ?

Warlock? That was a long time ago though, way before GOTG. And even then I'm not sure Quill would rank among Adam's friends.

So wait, is Rocket gay?

>Bendis Big-Time Bye-Bye Blowout!

Bendy collects "longest run" titles. Longest run with the same artist for Ultimate Spidey with Bagley, longest run on the Avengers, longest run on GotG, when he quit X-Men, he actually said he couldn't beat Claremont's record, so he's well aware of it.

It's almost as if he only did that so his wikipedia page got longer.

And yet the only ideas of his that got into the movies were an Iron Man repaint and an idea to move the Avengers from a mansion to a tower. Compare Brubaker's Winter Soldier, Millar's giant feud between superpeople over piece of legislation, DnA's Star-Lord led Guardians of the Galaxy, pretty soon Pak's Hulk as Conan in Space...
Sad. So, so sad.

Probably Phyla too, but the main one Bendis is thinking of is definitely Richard.

>Kitty got butt hurt over an alien prison because she believed it was a concentration camp
Muh six gorrilion.

Phylla's death at Thanos' hands had nothing to do with Gamora, she didn't even know he was in a coccoon.

>he thinks GotG will improve when Bendis leaves
How are those Avengers and X-Men books doing these days?

At the very least they have some semblance of storylines.

Uncanny Avengers is better than every Bendis issue. Both under Remender and Duggan.

I have faith in Duggan. At least he knows how to write comedic and serious moments, and has educated himself on Cosmic Marvel

Duggan without Posehn doesn't do anything for me.

2*0 = 0

Dude don't remind me of Starlin take on this characters it only makes Bendis bland shit worst.

No, he knows because he had a cameo of Rich in his Groot comic and he reblogged a preview page of Loveness' Nova.

But hopefully he doesn't give much of a shit to do it, I want Rich to stay away from the GotG.

He also got Maria Hill and Ganke in.

All Posehn did was help with the jokes.

except he's not called Ganke so Bendis doesn't get credit

So does Bendis get to take Kitty with him when he goes or is she stuck married to Star Lord?

that's pretty fucked up though, because the character is clearly Ganke and nothing at all like Ned Leeds

it would be fucked up if it was anyone but Bendis, but Bendis 100% deserves it

Replace Hickman with Ewing

I wouldn't call him a good father since he did traumatize Gamora when he augmented her without her consent but his readoning for that was so she wouldn't get hurt again.

I think Starlin said in an interview that the only living being Thanos cares about is Gamora and even though total stellar genocide and annihilation of life is his ultimate goal that the last thing he wants is for Gamora to suffer or get unecessarily hurt.

So yes he is as good of a father that he can be to Gamora.

they didn't get married, so no.

They didn't get married and Kitty is going with Oh so Organic Felicityfag Guggenheim.

So GotG is free from her.