Who would win this?

Who would win this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A89blUjT7z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

with or without mechas?

without, Steven would win

with, Shinji would have the upper hand, but Steven could probably still guild-trip him into giving up
then give him therapy

With mechas, but Steven is allowed to fuse

The audience: there is a high chance that the match would end up as MAD

They literally can't fight.

Shinji would rather die than hurt another person, because he values himself so low. This very nearly gets him killed because he wouldn't fight that possessed Eva for risk of hurting the unknown person trapped inside.
The only time Shinji killed a person was Kaworu, who was A) an Angel, and B) telling him straight to his face that if Shinji didn't kill him RIGHT NOW he would have to go and destroy the human race, and he would rather Shinji kill him.
Even put in that position, it still took Shinji more than a minute to make that choice, and killing Kaworu sent him into a suicidal depression.

Steven, similarly, has trouble killing. He is only okay with poofing Gems because that's non-lethal, and the idea of actually shattering them is beyond him. He has an equal, if not greater, appreciation for human life.

This is just two dudes refusing to kill each other, though Steven at least has powers.

So they give each other blowjobs and whoever cums first loses.

Shinji understands how much of a little bit cheaper he been, then offs himself... Steven wins...

STEVEN
AND CHRIS-CHAN
AND SATAN
AND MUSTARD
AND THE STEVENS

AND STEVEN!

Neither would.
Shinji won't harm anyone
Steven won't harm anyone
I'd wager that they become friends.

ALL I WANT TO DO, IS SEE A WOMAN'S VAGINA

Disregarding
Then Shinji would win if he had mechas and Steven would win if Shinji didn't.

But remember, Eva Unit 1 harbors the soul of Shinji's mother. This makes Yui effectively immoral, which was her objective. When Unit 1 goes into Beast mode that is Yui " protecting" Shinji by enacting his desires. Shinji caused Third Impact because he wanted to.

When will be get a fusion that just loses it? Malachite doesn't count.

youtube.com/watch?v=A89blUjT7z8

Eva 01 wasn't in Berserk

> 2:10

That moment where Unit 01 stops eating and looks up at the camera will never not give me chills. Its like an nature documentary where the wolf suddenly notices the camera man.

When Shinji finds out he is getting tricked into killing his friend he threatens his father that he will destroy nerf
Don't overestimate Shinji, with enough motivation you can possibly him into doing some shit
Plus hit him enough and the Eva takes over

>implying Shinji would get in the mech

You know, I just realized something.

If Shinji Ikari ever just fucking SNAPPED, he would be a scary motherfucker.

I don't even mean that in the 'oh wow he is so powerful, he could do so much Damage with an Eva' sort of thing. I just mean if he ever just snapped and started killing people.

Think of the shit he has been through, and what he has seen and survived. All the issues he has bottled up.

He wouldn't be just some killer, he'd be one of those guys you need a team of psychotherapists for just to analyze what he leaves at the crime scene.

He always does end up in the Eva, despite his protests.

Well yeah, I was expecting it to happen when I watched the show but it didn't
There are like 3 movies and we still haven't seen Shinji snap and go on a rampage

True, but in a 1v1, can he do it without being told to?

There is an example of that version of Shinji: Asuka. Asuka and Shinji suffer from the same psychological ailments and their respective pasts mirror each other's. The difference between the two is Asuka became a brash extrovert, while Shinji became a self loathing introvert.

Its really only two times that he refuses to get int he robot for any length of time.

The first is the first episode, where he refuses to believe that he is somehow the most qualified person in that room to pilot the giant robot he has never seen before.

The second is that time he ate shitty death lasers the face and was put in so much pain that his heart literally stopped, and he had to be rushed into emergency surgery. When he woke up just a few hours later that same day, and they told him 'we need you to pilot again, like, tonight' he was understandably 'seriously, fuck you guys'.

The important thing to remember is that 9 out of 10 times when Shinji is bitching about something, what he is bitching about is valid.

He strangled Asuka without being told to.

To defend himself? No. He doesn't consider his own life to have much value. He would be more likely to run and hide to avoid pain than to fight back for himself.

To defend others, though? Yes. He'd probably get in the robot.

Dream world. It was a teenage revenge/power fantasy. He'd never have the balls to do it in real life.

>They become friends
>Steven invites Shinji over to his house
>Shinji gets the parental affection he never had from Greg and the Gems
>Misato and Gendo show up to get Shinji back in the fucking robot
>Garnet tells Misato off for using Shinji like a semi-disposable child soldier
>Greg punches Gendo in the face

WOOOW that makes a difference.
I suppose the reality warping nuke surviving mecha would just implode at the idea.

This will be like two lepers arm-wrestling, whatever happens it'll all fall apart at the end.

>they're both pretty much the exact same fucking same age
>steven still sounds, looks and acts like hes fucking 8
BRAVO SUGAR
R
A
V
O

No, that was instrumentality. Everyone's consciousness were merged into one being. That was Shinji straight up strangling Asuka. Hideki Anno framed that scene in Misato's apartment as a call back to a previous scene from a previous episode.

Third Impact was a group effort.

>Steven is based on her brother
not sure if it's an homage or a downright insult

Don't shit talk Misato. Gendo used Shinji like a disposable asset. Yui ditched Shinji for immortality. Misato took a bullet for Shinji. She died to protect him. No other adult in the show did that for Shinji. Arguably, not even Yui.

However, Yui wouldn't initiate third impact without Shinji's consent. Even if it was congested from him. Same for God Rei. Rei and Kaworu only committed to Instrumentality because Shinji decided "Fuck the world."

Whoever wins, we lose.

Shinji hands down.
Eva01 has the power to hurl Destroyer class ships around.
heck an eva hurled a spear into space and almost caused the end of humanity.

Steven is an emasculated bitch.

>Greg punches Gendo in the face
I need this

Misato confirmed for being best girl

>guild-trip him into giving up
>then give him therapy
That's not how a death match works user. No matter how big a pussy the contenders are.

Misato was a flighty bitch who couldn't take care of a fucking plant and should never be in charge of taking care of other people. She could have done anything to mitigate Shinji's downward spiral but she was too wrapped up in her own dumb shit.

>her own dumb shit
She objectively suffered the most out of any fucking character not named Rei on the show, she did pretty fucking well for a person who was mute a few years earlier because of her depression.

Damn right user. Misato is best girl.

Wasn't Rei trying to talk Shinji out of it even?

I still don't get why she had to listen to him. Was it part of how those MP EVas stabbed themselves and made that tree thing? Or did she go fuill Manhattan and just didn't care one way of the other?

I don't read fanfiction, but I'd read this one.

He does try to destroy Nerve HQ, at least

Steven's physically stunted because he's been babied by the gems for too long. He can only age when he feels old, which is an interesting prospect. How many anons here think they'd look younger then they were if they were in Steven's predicament?

im 24 and i look like 40 user, premature aging is a real thing if you are constantly stressed

> Was it part of how those MP EVas stabbed themselves and made that tree thing?

Yes. Seele even talks vaguely about it as it happens. the MP Evas, with their false lances, enact a Ritual designed to summon and bind Lilith to their will. They have to use Unit 01 to do it too, because they only have 9 MP Evas instead of the originally planned 12.

Then shit goes sideways, as Shinji is given higher priority than Seele is by the god machine, and it reads his mind to find out what he wants.

Which is honestly kind of tragic. Shinji never says 'I wish'. He never makes the conscious choice to end the world. Lilith just peels his brain open, looks inside, and finds out that what he wants most in the world is for everyone to stop hurting him.

Then everyone fucking turns into tang.

Shinji doesn't even realize what is happening until he is already in the dream world, and the moment he comprehends the enormity of what he has done he starts smashing CTRL-Z as hard as he can. But its not that simple, so he can only half-unfuck the situation.

This is why EoE, and the plot of Eva, is so damn confusing. Third Impact isn't really one specific thing, there are a bunch of very different ways it could have gone. Seele had their plan for 3I, Gendo had his plan for 3I, and what Shinji ended us causing wasn't really either of them (though Seele thought they were still winning even at the end) and then shit gets weird and trippy. But none of this is explicitly explained to the viewer, because there is no impartial narrator that has all the pieces to untangle the clusterfuck. Every single time someone gives major exposition in Eva about the plot, they are hiding something or only have half the puzzle themselves.

With whom?

He could potentially become the temple fusion if he can convince all three gems to fuse with him. It could even be bigger if he got Lapis and Peridot to join them.

Me too

SU fanbase and faggots are the worse, literally a shit.
Shinji wins cause of ST fields and cause he is older so he can beat the living crap out of him.

One versus one, hombre to hombre. No faggotry.

SU was done by a hack wierd tumblerina bitch.
Shinji by a fucking genius.

you do the calculation.

Neither. Both are shit.

>How dare you have problems of your own!? FIX MINE NOW!!
fuck off

He rode that shit to kingdom come.

This can't be happening! This has to be a dream!

Uh, i'm Steven

Does Shinji get the mech? Also, is he WILLING to get in the mech?

I'm 25 and look and sound like I'm ~17. Shit blows and I would much rather the opposite.

>I pilot my mom
>I AM my mom!

sauce on that image?

Huh. You know I never knew that. I thought global tang was what Seele wanted and Shinji was just able to NOPE out of it and stab Giga Rei because he was the only person on Earth in an EVA.

Would it have killed the writers to have had some sort of exposition? A Seele guy going "Oh fuck its reading his mind and trying to give the Ikari kid what he wants" would have been great.