Avengers: Infinity War Production Designer Teases Many, Many New Worlds

>Production Designer Charles Wood talked with Comicbook.com about his work on Doctor Strange and designing everything from the Sanctum Sanctorum to a trippy ride through other dimensions and a New York City that can bend and twist at the will of the powerful sorcerers in the film. But he also gave us a hint about what had him excited about tackling Avengers: Infinity War, his fifth with the company.

>"Any time you turn that page on this script, you're kind of staggered, blown away, terrified by what's in front of you," Wood said of Infinity War. That terror comes from what he and his team have to make real, the environments for these characters to explore and live within. And those environments will be expanding far beyond Earth, Wood revealed.

>"I think rather like Doctor Strange, you’ll find this film, it’s not regurgatative, yeah? What I’m trying to say, is, there are many, many, many new worlds to see in this film," the production designer told Comicbook.

What worlds do you expect/want to see, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-budget-1-billion-marvel/
comicbook.com/2015/10/09/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-2-rumored-to-have-one-billion-doll/
screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-billion-dollars-robert-downey-jr/
movieweb.com/avengers-4-infinity-war-budget-locations/
youtu.be/vZTUf7TD8lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boy oh boy am i excited for the newest entry in the "derivative predictable redundant movie-by-committee corporate trash" series

WE ABSTRACTS NOW BOIIIIIIIIII

Predict it them faggot, that I will screemcap it.

yawn

0 hype

Other worlds? That's odd, given the current placement of the Infinity stones I figured we'd mostly be revisiting old ones. It's not like Thanos has to visit the nexus of realities.

>Marvel Event: the Motion Picture

Cool, so dr strange is a pilot for infinity war

>MCU movie is a pilot
YOU DON'T SAY?

>Iron Man runs around quipping a lot
>The team is fragmented (again) and needs to be brought together (again)
>Camera jumps every 2 seconds
>boring filler scenes
>bland visuals
>terrible music
>90% of the movie is them going oh no Thanos is coming
>the other 10% is Thanos running around getting infinity gems
>Thanos doesn't come

WATCH PART 2 FOR THANOS!

Such is a shared universe. Wish they did it with Thor 2.

And to add insult to injury...
>another billion box office

Your tears are delicious.

>we should reward companies for bad products
Why would you worship a company like you're in a cult? Won't they just cut more and more corners if they see the same profits?

Thor 2 would have been fine if they had cut all the earth shit

user, Marvel IS a cult. The Scientology of comics, so to say.

If Marvel is Scientology then DC is Mormonism

>DC doesn't believe in fake progressiveness
Nice.

Thor is horrible Thor 2 is even worst, I really hope they don't fuck the 3 and give us Planet Hulk with a few of Thor instead

>Thanos doesn't come
Lewd.

>tfw still haven't seen Thor 2
Yes I've heard it blows donkey dicks, but I still want to know what's going on with the stone that was in the movie.
I'm sure it'll be important later. R-right?

>>"I think rather like Doctor Strange, you’ll find this film, it’s not regurgatative, yeah?
hahahahahahaha

There's an infinity stone and it winds up with the Collector from GOTG Also Loki took Odin's identity

That's pretty much it

How else do you expect them to go see a garbage movie with fucking hemsworth? They can't make a hulk movie, but they can still use him as a means of getting people to still go see something they know hemsworth can't sell.

Pinky ring looks like his eye.

>"I think rather like Doctor Strange, you’ll find this film, it’s not regurgatative, yeah?"
But Dr. Strange was regurgitative of the MCU formula to a T.

Audiences and critics disagree.

>many new world's
Battleworld confirmed?

Yes I remember when Tony Stark had a century long conversation with an multidimensional being.

Audiences and critics also seem to think the Thor movies were good.

That's not what the MCU formula is.

Whoa. You mean the same people who rave about the Transformers films? Or Age of Ultron? Damn. I just got BTFOd.

>century long conversation
lol it was a few hours.

They were alright. Not as good as the rest but about on par with Iron Man 2.

So not great, just good.

lol it wasn't established.

I guess they'll be jumping planets to get an army to battle Thanos. I'm doubtful most of the planet hopping would be for gems because we've seen Xandar, Knowhere, and Asgard where three of the gems are.

Go back to Sup Forums

I think Xandar and Knowhere will take place off screen

I just wonder what their budget is going to be.

You have many actors that need to be paid
You're shooting for nearly a year and places around the world
You need to pay for the crews of the movies
You're also filming other movies at the same time
Then there's going to be the massive marketing campaign on a worldwide scale, the likes of which we probably haven't seen before.

They don't have an unlimited amount of money to work with, even if it is disney, I wonder if they're going to cheap out on a few things?

movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-budget-1-billion-marvel/

comicbook.com/2015/10/09/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-2-rumored-to-have-one-billion-doll/

screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-billion-dollars-robert-downey-jr/

1 billion. Their hubris has swallowed them up. Their greed is too great.

Why? Isn't the point of dividing up the gems is so the heroes can split up into smaller groups and go after each one?

>I just wonder what their budget is going to be.

Roughly $520 million for two movies.

That's fake, ese.

I can't for 'em to break records again.

>fake
>posts no source

Why should I believe you?

There's a new article on the first link that says it's $500m

movieweb.com/avengers-4-infinity-war-budget-locations/

It's equivalent of the budgets of Age of Ultron ($250m) and Civil War($250m)

Who's the fem Thanos in the bottom right corner?

Thanks for the info. Is it 500m each or in total? The article isn't specific.

I'm pretty sure the point was so that Thanos could go around collecting them.
I just think he'll get the ones on Xandar and Knowhere offscreen.

In total. The Russos said they're filming the movies back to back to cut down some of the costs, they would've been more expensive otherwise.

I thought it was revealed to be $500 mil between both films.

Also obligatory
youtu.be/vZTUf7TD8lw

Thanos waifu friendzoned him, so he made his own.

Why? What are you going to fill the rest of the film with when he just gets two stones instantly?

What should happen is that the heroes, Avengers, Guardians, etc break up and go after the five gems, allowing for smaller groups bouncing off each other and fighting off a Thanos opponent on the way. It would be similar to the end of Return of the Jedi, or Lord of the Rings, where you can have separate stories going on but they climax at the same time. It would allow the Avengers to step into different places and gets the plot moving like a treasure hunt film.

Why would Thanos just collect two of the major gems off screen? That leaves Vision, Asgard, Dr. Strange's place and whatever the Soul Stone is. Wouldn't it make more sense to have more sequences hunting down the gems to fill out two movies worth of story?

SUCH A LUST FOR SHEKELS

>>Thanos doesn't come
Orgasm denial?

I love how when people criticism Marvel movies or defend DC movies the Mouseketeers always accuse them of of being Sup Forums posters.

When it's really fucking obvious that the Mouseketeers themselves don't read comics, because if they did they'd have a problem with the current state of Marvel comics, as pretty much anyone who reads comics will agree that the oversaturation of bad Marvel events, and the down-playing of Marvel characters because they don't have movie rights is a cancer in the current state of Marvel comics.

Because not everyone thinks these movies are bad product. No comic book movie will ever be on the level of say, a Fear And Loathing or Pulp Fiction, or even Inception. These things aren't about groundbreaking concepts, they are about making live action films that are reliably entertaining. I mean, look at Civil War compared to Age of Apocalypse, BvS, or any of the transformers flicks.

Will we even get anything like this in Infinity War?

If you don't like these movies, why post in this thread or watch them?

Death won't let him.

>muh Inception

You're not discouraging them from their pretentious film school way of looking at the world when you do that shit.

Alfheim