/hor/ - horror general

freebird edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyvP_CsqyP4
thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Generals belong on reddit.

neato
I can make out Bill's sig, is the other one Sid's?

Is Blacula any good?

Gonna be watching pic related (and Dead Ringers which I've seen once before) for the first time tonight. What am I in for? I saw a few of you weren't too fond of it.

I preferred House of a Thousand Corpses to Devil's Rejects. Devil's Rejects had some good moments don't get me wrong, but I preferred the goofy, and over the top original to the the serious, and tense sequel. Ain't no fishboys in Devil's Rejects, that's for sure. also I'm kind of butthurt they all die

Exorcist is a classic and will always be fantastic. Sup Forums has retarded taste in horror so don't worry about it.

but Sup Forums loves friedkin

Neither of the films are really any good but Rejects was definitely the better film. I will admit House of 1000 corpses was better looking aesthetically and it fits more of the horror theme than the desert areas of Rejects. Both are shit though and I'd probably never watch them again.
It's a good movie and you should never listen to watch a few underage tards have to say about it. It's not considered one of the all time great horror films for no reason. It is a little slow but it makes up for it with great atmosphere and truly horrific moments. The score is also iconic.

Are firefly family movies any good?

Watched this for the first time. I've always heard it was one of the best horror films but over the past few years I felt it wasn't going to be interesting if I actually sit down and watch it. Turns out to be amazing and not boring like I had expected. Great mystery, tons of nudity, and beautiful scenery. The folk music was a bit much but it was a blast.

better than I expected, did Lucky turn to shit after this or are his recent films actually good?

The same people who don't like the Exorcist are the same people who obsess over Friday the 13th and it's crappy sequels. Sup Forums is usually cancer.

Stop samefagging and shitposting.

reminder Abominable dr. Phibes is GOAT.

I watched both back to back when I was 14 and absolutely hated 1000 Corpses, despite being a Zombie fan at the time, it was just terrible early 00s edge without a hint of self-awareness

maybe it's just that The Devil's Rejects appears great by comparison, but I have a lot of time for it, and continue to watch it over the years
the idea of putting these cartoonish villains in the real world where they aren't this omnipotent force and can be killed, makes them fragile and relatable

Make me redditor. Just ban evaded and it feels so good.

fun as fuck

Need vampire kino movies plz

ITT: reddit

nigger

You can stay. The rest need to head on home.

Yeah both signatures. Didn't tell Sid I was getting Bill's Sig so he took up more room

Here you go. Avoid 30 Days of Night though.

>tfw the cop didn't kill these pieces of shit

>avoid 30 days of night
I thought it was fun

>From Dusk til Dawn
>that Selma Hayek scene
Unf
youtube.com/watch?v=oyvP_CsqyP4

>no vampire lovers

Is Annabelle any good?

It was just a formulaic big titted vampires. If you've seen one British Hammer vampire film, you've seen them all. Recently watched Twins of Evil and that was also shit.

>prequel to a spinoff of a sequel

No. You could have just looked at the ratings if you really wanted to know. I felt it was hot garbage that blends in with every generic modern horror movie that comes out every month.

horror anthologies>campy horror>horror comedies>>>>>>>>>>>"serious" horror

So when it did it become cool to hate on the original Halloween? Hasn't happened this thread but still.

>Avoid 30 Days of Night
Nigger that's literally the best vampire movie ever made

I need more horror. I just finished F13 series and i loved mostly all of it (except Jason Goes to Hell)

What else could i add to my torrents?

horror anthologies are fucking garbage

>years ago watching Whiplash for the first time with a friend
>I say the girl in it is fucking hot
>friend says im a hipster that likes plain girls
>he then tells me Sherri Moon Zombie is an example of a hot woman
>im dumbfounded by how much of a faglord he is
>years later he sees Supergirl in a commercial and says she's fucking gorgeous
>I stab him repeatedly in anger now im fleeing from law enforcement

mot a big fan of Rob Zombie films personally

NIGGA I SAID DELETE LORD OF THE RINGS

Thanks to whichever of you /horror/bros recommended Theatre of Blood in some earlier thread.
Vincent Price as a shakespearian madman was fucking brilliant and some of the kills were too much fun.
pretty mad that the brechtian dickwad was the only one to survive though

ZOMBIE KINO:

DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004
DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978
DAY OF THE DEAD 1985
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 1990
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1985
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD II 1988
28 DAYS LATER
28 WEEKS LATER
CEMETERY MAN
RE-ANIMATOR
THE DEAD NEXT DOOR
THE BATTERY
LA HORDE
REC
BIOZOMBIE

DO NOT WATCH "ZOMBIE II" I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH ZOMBIE 2, IT IS PURE SHIT!

FULCI IS A SHIT DIRECTOR

>Avoid 30 Days of Night
>best vampire movie ever made

Still one of the greatest Dualogies ever. Ho1KC was good fun, but Devil's Rejects brought the whole thing to a complete and perfect circle

I'm guessing this will probably be the comfiest horror movie I'll watch this october.

nice reddit filename faggot

One of the most by-the-number horror movies of the last few years.
It's one fake accent away from being Bye-Bye-Man tier

No. It's the only thing i can't bring myself to delete. I fall asleep to Fellowship often. I bought a 2TB HDD today though so space is fine!

It was probably me. Anyone who spams about Vincent Price is usually me.

>Night of the living dead
>only the 1990 version
Come on man

It has better lead actors, is a shot for shot remake, has color, and best of all, it has tom savini doing the gore makeup. shits lit senpai. I dont even watch the original anymore

I see a lot of the way the Firefly family is portrayed in 1000 Corpses as being seen through the mindfucked and addled lens of their victims. Everything would seem so much more grandiose and insane under such duress, especially since the family were big on celebrating Halloween.

DR stripped away all that, and you got to see what they all were in broad daylight, basically a filthy fucked up redneck family living in rot and squaler. Living basically like animals, no loopy craft to it at all.

>Welcome to Fright Night, a 1985 American horror film written and directed by Tom Holland in his directorial debut, and produced by Herb Jaffe. It stars William Ragsdale, Chris Sarandon, Roddy McDowall, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark, Dorothy Fielding, Stephen Geoffreys and Art Evans. For real!
Did anyone else feel this line was a bit too much?

ok good. watch the burning if you liked f13 since its better than most of them.

>DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004
fucking garbage and not kino at all
>DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978
obviously
>DAY OF THE DEAD 1985
obviously
>NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 1990
It's damn goof but I don't know know why the original is not here. It's basically pointless to have a "best zombie anything" without it.
>RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1985
obviously
>RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD II 1988
Not kino. In fact it's quite bad but in a cozy kind of way. Part 3 is the better film and has more redeeming qualities
>28 DAYS LATER
Not even a zombie film. It's also quite bland.
>28 WEEKS LATER
This is just downright bad.
>CEMETERY MAN
This is surprisingly kino
>RE-ANIMATOR
obviously
>THE DEAD NEXT DOOR
haven't seen
>THE BATTERY
mediocre
>LA HORDE
bad.
>REC
I don't like this. Never understood why people here love it.
>BIOZOMBIE
It was fun.

I agree, the 1990 Night Of managed to be the definitive version.

Except for Creepshow.

30 days is great nigga

Alright i'll check out out, thanks.

I respect your opinions, even if some of your opinions are WRONG!

dang right

Dude you just said "out" twice. That's really embarrassing.

>watch the burning if you liked f13 since its better than most of them.
Actually it's better than all of them. None of the F13 movies are actually good films. They just have fun kill scenes. The Burning is a well made film to a degree.

>It was fun.

Did you watch the DUBBED or SUBBED version, I never remember what to recommend to people because I havent seen it in years and forgot which i liked

You;ve said this already. It really isn't

True story: first time my wife heard the song, she actually asked, "So it just goes on like that?"

>RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD II 1988
>its just a comedy centric rehash of the first one with none of the edge and child actors
>kino

Why does everyone always hate child actors?
The fuck man.

The kid + drunkard gramps was GOAT tagteam, duo

Posting the proper best zombie list.

on the contrary, I didn't hate the kid actors, in fact they were pretty good. its just a weird jump from naked women and screaming zombies in the first movie to screaming people and small kids

NO FULCI ALLOWED

>DR stripped away all that, and you got to see what they all were in broad daylight, basically a filthy fucked up redneck family living in rot and squaler. Living basically like animals, no loopy craft to it at all.
exactly, that's exactly why I love it
it gives the actors opportunity to breathe new life into the characters
happy, sad, angry, as predators, as prey, as a family
Moseley and Haig is on top form
and Forsythe and Foree are pretty great too

Then there cannot be a proper zombie list.

I can see that, this one is a little more "wholesome" than the first

I fucking hate Dead Alive
That's the one zombie movie that never clicked with me

The movie can get kind of nauseating.
Theres just so much crap going on in a naturally lit house, its kind of ugly

It is a very odd kind of movie. Weird acting, characters, and camera shots. It's really to be enjoyed for it's wackiness and ambitious gross-out effects/ I find it more enjoyable the second time around since I didn't know what to expect the first time. Now it's like watching a crazy masterpiece.

I love horror anthologies, shame theres not that many of them and moat are shit. Usually they are more fun than scary tho.

The Babysitter was good. Not great but a perfect Friday drinking movie. The jock character was the best.

and Nightmare City is still weird as fuck. RIP Umberto Lenzi

Zombieland feels like a huge blueball experience.
The final act in the circus and everything just feels so lackluster, and you want the story to keep going with these characters

Fuck Arrow. What is with these companies releasing films that only work on a certain region player. If you want me to buy your fucking blu ray, make it available to me. I'm not buying your $30 movie just so I can't watch it on my Blu Ray player or Playstation. I already have 3 different things to play movies. I'm not going out and buying a region free player just for shit like this. If you want my god damn money, make that shit region free instead of only making it available for Britbongs and the shit surrounding them.

>all these "best zombies films" lists without White Zombie

I can't fucking stand the humor in Zombieland and so many recent comedies of that kind.
>tfw old

i just pirate it. fuck those eurocunts.

THIS SAVED CHILDS PLAY FRANCHISE

10/10

>>all these "best zombies films" lists without White Zombie
It's not really the kind of zombie movie that would fit in with the rest. That's like your shitsskin voodoo kind of zombie. I don't mind White Zombie even though it is pretty.. great.

None of them are that good.

>when japan spoils the movie and has extra art from scenes that didnt make the movie

Sup Forums used to be a lot better when they allowed people to post streaming links around Halloween to watch with others who had nothing else to do but watch cheesy horror movies

Can't believe i'm finally almost done with all the movies that I had planned on watching this month. Already finished what I had on my shelf that I wanted to watch and I only have 3 movies left that I downloaded. Those are
Dead Ringers
Silent Hill
Trick r' Treat
after these I can get back to watching a bunch of the TCM movies playing this month. I've seen a lot of them already but there are some essentials, Japanese, and other foreign films I haven't seen yet which I'm excited about.

thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/

it's better than Curse, I'll give it that
the problem is now that these films are on a microbudget, they're not putting the money in the right places
actual blood, actual prop effects, scrap the CG snow and rain and make the kills more reasonable if you can't afford to shoot them without the aid of CG

I'm all for putting Chucky in space in the next one, but it needs at least twice the budget or don't bother at all

I refuse to watch anything Chucky related after Bride

Why is Saw such a shit movie??

comfyzone and suptv is still up running horrors this month.

I want this cheese. Post more of it.

Also Saw is not great but it's a passable movie despite all the plotholes and other retarded shit. It's all the torture sequels that are trash

It's an actual movie first and scary second, think of it more like Don't Look Now.

the most beautiful film ever made

Bride is best

I will when I got off work, shit is delicious found it at Aldis

is that big lenny in the middle?

>tfw no Thir13en Ghosts movie about the actual ghosts

Why is trick or treat the best Halloween movie?