Batman Group April 2017 Solicitations

Batman #20

“I am Bane” finale! In this epic climax, there is no going back. No more tricks, no more allies. Just Batman. And Bane. When the final blood spills…nothing will ever be the same for the Dark Knight.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CBR/status/821487052826906624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lets just get this out of the way.

So what's it been so far?
I am Gotham
I am Suicide
I am Bane?

Deshi! Deshi! Basara! Basara!

Batman #21

“THE BUTTON” part one! The cataclysmic events of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 continue here! The Dark Knight and The Fastest Man Alive, the two greatest detectives on any world, unite to explore the mystery behind a certain blood-stained smiley button embedded in the Batcave wall. What starts as a simple investigation turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party—and it’s not who anyone suspects! It’s a mystery woven through time, and the ticking clock starts here!

Batman #22

“THE BUTTON” part three! The cataclysmic events of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 continue here! The Dark Knight and The Fastest Man Alive, the two greatest detectives on any world, unite to explore the mystery behind a certain blood-stained smiley button embedded in the Batcave wall. What starts as a simple investigation turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party—and it’s not who anyone suspects! It’s a mystery woven through time, and the ticking clock starts here!

Yeah King said that was the first trilogy/year of the book.

Has he said how long he's gonna write it?

I'm gonna have to pick up Batman and Flash now.

>It’s a mystery woven through time, and the ticking clock starts here!

Cmooooooooon boys don't let me down!!!

also Barry should know what Watchmen is bc he's a comic nerd

Detective Comics #954

“League Of Shadows” part four! Ra’s al Ghul has the answers Batman needs to take down the League of Shadows…but will he lift a finger to help him? Or would he rather use the League to take care of the Dark Knight Detective once and for all?

Detective Comics #955

“League Of Shadows” part five! All of her teammates are broken-or dead. There’s only one fighter left to stand between the League of Shadows and Gotham City’s total destruction. This is Cassandra Cain’s greatest battle-the fight she was born for! Do not miss the most astounding action sequence of the year!

Did anyone else think that this was Doomsday in the thumbnail at first?

I hate Johns so much

don't think so? i think it was a "here, be reassured, I have a plan for the first bit on the book"

OHHHH FUCK

Watchmen might not be a comic on E0

I hate David Finch's art. It's like all the cons of Jim Lee's art with none of the pros.

Question's read it.

Finally some Cass action

>Detective Comics #955
>“League Of Shadows” part five! All of her teammates are broken-or dead. There’s only one fighter left to stand between the League of Shadows and Gotham City’s total destruction. This is Cassandra Cain’s greatest battle-the fight she was born for! Do not miss the most astounding action sequence of the year!

I want to hope that there is an action sequence, but I'm afraid it'll be teased and we'll only see the end of it.

Nightwing #18

“Nightwing Must Die” part three! Someone Dick loves is being held by one of the deranged foes of his past: Professor Pyg! Nightwing and Robin race to stop Pyg’s attack, but an even darker villain may be waiting for them in the aftermath…

Nightwing #19

“Nightwing Must Die” part four! As Dick’s worst nightmares are realized, and the demons of his past come to destroy his loved ones, he must face his own dark reflection. He must face…the Deathwing!

Holy shit Earth 3 Dick?

BEST BATMAN AND ROBIN REUNITE !!

Oh boy.

Artist Marcio Takara for both issues.

Javier Fernandez for both.

Just in case someone's curious about the artists

No, you idiot.

>its a Morrison episode
Oh baby
Can we just get a Nightwing and robin book already?

OH BABY

E3 Dick was Talon but he died

Red Hood and the Outlaws #9

“Who is Artemis?” part one! When Artemis discovers that the Bow of Ra has been used to destroy an entire city, Red Hood and the Outlaws race to Qurac to discover the identity of this barbaric bowman—and who they find is too shocking to believe!

That's so 90s it hurts.

I hope they keep the exact same design.

Is Bizzaro gonna get a costume update as well?

>none of the pros.
Jim Lee's art has pros?

That looks like a Nicola Scott face, is she doing the cover?

honestly he should have trunks

god that would be a great troll

Yes.

Batgirl #10

“Son of the Penguin” part four! Ethan Cobblepot has shown his true colors: he’s a Penguin, through and through! Or is he? Can Batgirl turn his ambitions into a force for good—before he can turn Burnside against Batgirl?

Dexter Soy returning with this issue as well.

looks like her signature on it

Artemis is sexy as hell!!

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #9

“Blackbird” part two! The Birds need answers about the mysterious Blackbird, who’s handing out massive increases in power to Gotham City’s most dangerous metahumans…and to get them they’re sending their own dangerous metahuman, Black Canary, undercover into the world of black-market super-powered fights! Roulette rules this world with an iron fist…will she give up the secrets Dinah needs? And at what price?

Nubia?

>Artist Marcio Takara for both issues.

Okay den dis is gonna be good.

So is #20 officially the end of King's run, or is it just a hiatus?

Oh god. Seeley is going down the rabbit hole.

Kings still writing

He's writing, with Fabok art.

what's the big deal catwoman took him down with one whip hit

he doesn't seem very tough

This time Bart is the Time Trapper.

Batwoman #2

“The Many Arms Of Death” part two! The criminal haven of Coryana has changed completely in the years since Batwoman left! The biggest change of all? Her closest friends are now her enemies — or they’re corpses! It’s time for Kate Kane to cut to the heart of what’s happening here, and find out who brought the deadly bioweapon Monster Venom into Coryana…but she might get her own heart cut out in the process, by the unbeatable assassin known as the Knife!

>Ra's' new Hugo Strange facial hair

I DON'T LIKE IT

All-Star Batman #9

“Ends of the Earth” finale! It all comes down to this. After months of searching, Batman has found the mastermind behind the blight sweeping the planet, and must face off against one of his most dangerous villains in a battle of wills for the fate of the Earth.

My head canon is that Manhattan erased any mention of the Watchmen post Flashpoint

>Can we just get a Nightwing and robin book already?
DC would not allow that quantity of fun in a series

Yes? As in a ton of people find it very pleasing to look at? Are you fucking stupid?

Oh wow, "the Knife"! Real creative there, guys!

I'm not sure if I'm hype for this or if I don't want it to happen.

Oh well , at least we'll get to see if king can write a good Flash.

Who's the woman in the middle?

Looks like the protagonist of the "Odyssey of the Amazons" book that DC will (or is) releasing

>saying this in a timeline where apollo and midnighter, doom patrol, he man and the thundercats, future quest and flintsones exist

Interesting.

Seeley is just showing how shit most of the previous Nightwing ideas were. I mean it is fun to point and laugh at shit like Deathwing, but afterwards we are still left with not much. Once Seeley leaves the book the new writer will have to basically start from scratch.

Nice!

>Qurac
??

what's the problem

Qurac is DC's fake mid-eastern country.

$3.99

twitter.com/CBR/status/821487052826906624

>twitter.com/CBR/status/821487052826906624
Newsarama shitting the bed per usual

located right next to the other fake-middle eastern country, Bialya (which both kind of overlap a bit)

Batman Beyond isn't in the Batman group?

>Dick and Damian back together
This book, man

This arc going to be fun.

RISE OF THE DEMON” part two! As Terry McGinnis considers whether or not to take a break from being Batman, Gotham City Police H.Q. is overrun by a horde of ninjas. The League of Assassins has launched a full-out assault on the city and Curaré, leaving Terry no choice but to jump into the fray. What news does Curaré bring that makes her a target for death?

>it's a "nothing will ever be the same" solicit

this book has been really solid, i'm shocked frankly

Why this arc has such cringe worthy solicits?

Why not just start Beyond with something like that? Why even bother with all the Future's End and Tim as Batman crap?

It's weird he didn't have Superbro's costume to begin with. He wasn't a clone of Superdad. He should wear his normal outfit like in last year's mini.

Because that Batman Beyond series spun out of Future's End

I see, thanks.

since Qurac, i wonder if we'll see any Black Adam

Fuck Alan Moore

I hope he has a nipple ring.

Knowing Seeley, he probably will.

>we live in a timeline where RHATO is the best batbook
What the fuck
What a switch from 3 years ago when it was the worst batbook

please be good please be good

That's a pretty nice design

>we live in a timeline where RHATO is the batbook I like best

ftfy senpai

If Deathwing doesn't have his nipple piercing I'm rioting.

Deathwing doesn't exist without Lord Chaos.
Lord Chaos doesn't exist without TERRY MOTHERFUCKIN LONG
Are you guys seeing this too?

>that spoiler

Rebirth was a mistake.

I regret everything nice I said about Rebirth.

Adam usually sticks to Khanaq, the other-other middle eastern country in DC land, unless he wants to fuck up some Biliyans/quracans

The first arc focused on TIm, after that Steph was the focus. Now that Cass is on the spotlight do we have to worry about what happens with her place on the team?

We're about to hit issues 18/19, right?
Seeley's created a new frenemy with long-term potential in Raptor
He's using existing supporting characters like Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Superman, the Titans, Midnighter, and Tiger/Spyral
He's reintroduced Bludhaven
He's reintroduced the lamest of Dixon's 90's creations, plus Orca
He's created a new lame-ex-villain-soon-to-be-girlfriend.
He's using Talon (the one that's Dick's great, great, grandpa) in a Nightwing book for the first time since Court of Owls
He's using Professor Pyg in a Nightwing book for the first time since Morrison left
He's bringing back Deathwing for the first time since the fucking 90's

And there's a secret serial killer in the current arc and we still don't know who it is but it's probably gonna be another forgotten Nightwing villain. This is the closest Dick's been to having a legit rogues gallery since back when Dixon was on the book.

And it'll all be gone the second Seeley leaves the title

guess i was accidentally DC racist!

I seriously doubt Spyral will be gone after his departure. And the Dick/Midnighter dynamic might stick around as well.

>each character gets an arc before they get booted from the team
I kinda like it.

Obviously she gets brainwashed by Deathstroke into becoming a full time assassin, before being freed from that brainwashing by allowing Harper to get close enough to her by relying on their shared relationship with Mother to inject her with a anti-mind control vaccine.

Man, One Year Later was a mess for her, wasn't it? Nothing they do to her can be worse than that

Spyral will stick. Pyg will always be a DickBats villain. The Owls have been built into Dick's origin, they're gonna stay. Raptor's already showing up in other books. Don't be so pessimistic.

> yfw Seeley has Dick is in a tango to the death with the mighty Lord Death Man.

Well, given how each focused arc returned something old back. Either Cassandra will get adopted by either Bruce or Kate. Said plot point was already foreshadowed in Stephanie's arc or like Stephanie and Tim she'll get a new costume akin to her Batgirl one In Steph's case it was just her old mask. . This time with pointy ears and a bat symbol.

Once Seeley leaves most of this will be forgotten. That is just how it goes in comics. None of these character are memorable or important enough to stick around. There is a reason why most of them were forgotten in the first place.

>Pyg will always be a DickBats villain
No Pyg will always be a Batman villain. He has no real connection to Dick as a character and is a Batman rogue. Same with the Owls. They have some connection to Dick, but Batman will always be their main opponent.