Tfw Regular Show completely, utterly BTFO Gravity Falls

>tfw Regular Show completely, utterly BTFO Gravity Falls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I missed the finale. How did it do that?

You can't kill a main character because it's a show for kids, they said.

At the end of 2015, I thought GF would be the GOAT ending of all cartoons

Now I'm glad I was wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0

Man, you have been posting this with this same pic plenty of times and nobody cared.

Does this really is worth of a thread?

Alex made a mistake in letting Mabel live

>you have been posting this with this same pic plenty of times
???

>that shot of Maellard looking to the sky

Gets me every fucking time

>I thought GF would be the GOAT ending
your opinion does not matter
i could finish eating a hamburger and you'd consider that to be a fuckin GOAT ending

Don't remind me.

I think part of the reason is that, due to Gravity Falls explicitly taking place over the course of a single summer, it couldn't really have had an ending other than "The twins go home at the end of the summer, bittersweet goodbye, roll credits with a cheesy pop-ish song that ends in a music box chime."

>being this salty

But that was a garbage ending...

It isn't really a matter of scale, GF's ending just failed to provide a sense of meaning (to me).

That was sort of my point

FUCK OFF TUMBLR FALLS IT WAS THE BEST ENDING OF ANY CARTOON EVER

Hey, it's not a GOAT ending, it's a COW ending

But you said they couldn't have provided a big ending because of the show's scale, big isn't the same as meaningful. An ending with good closure, character development, that follows well on all the things the show has set up and makes it seem like what happened had an actual point. You can do the "twins go home at the end of the summer, bittersweet goodbye, roll credits with a cheesy pop-ish song that ends in a music box chime" ending and keep all that.

I think that they should have at least either made Weirdmageddon 3 a full hour instead of 45 minutes, or extended the weirdmageddon part to the full episode and end it in Bills defeat, then ha ve one last episode afterward to wrap everything up

That was equally as lame as the ending of GF.
Should've ended with the clerks from 2 in the AM PM waking up or something.

>kill off a main character in a legitimately emotional moment
>close it with a dumb joke

yeah great writing

RS ending was better because there was actual consequences in the end, pops staying dead and then his dad

GF ending made it seem like Stan lost his memory forever but it was brought back in 5 minutes

That was supposed to be emotional?

>kill off a main character in a legitimately emotional moment
>close it with a dumb joke

That's disney my friend.

Has there ever been a Disney cartoon show made after the year 200p where a character died and stayed dead?

>post yfw heroes started playing

Not really sure how my post is edgy. Please, do explain. It simply didn't feel emotional. Maybe it's the art style, or maybe the voice acting, but the feeling just wasn't there, ya know?

I kinda wonder if JG had that planned since he started season 7 or if it was at least in part a tribute to Bowie.

It's fine not to be affected, it's a cartoon after all, it's phrasing like "that was supposed to be emotional?" when it obviously was that comes across as trying too hard

Agreed, it was trying way too hard to be emotional, and that's where it failed.

>RS ending was better because there was actual consequences in the end, pops staying dead and then his dad
Plus the characters moving into completely different lives. GF did that sort of "the adventure goes on" ending where everything is implied to be more or less the same when a plot-based cartoon needs a little more than that.

WOY also did that, but that was probably mostly due to being cancelled

Wait so Mordecai and Margaret didn't end up together?

No, he ended up with neither Margaret nor CJ and married some bat-like chick.

Bat-chick looks better than both.

Aren't you a big boy?

I've been with this show for a long time. Its touched me and even helped me become self aware of my Mordecaing. That ending makes me feel content. I'm glad they showed 25 years down the line. I'm glad Mordecai didn't get with anyone from his past. Rigby as a father gave me happy feelings. Everything fell into place for me.

My one gripe going out is that now I'm sexually attracted to my BluRay Player.

Batchick is a qt3.14 for sure.

>Margaret didn't have any interaction with Mordecai when they returned from space

Obviously wrong opinion is obviously wrong. People are still talking about the GF finale a year later. In a month or two no one will be talking about RS. You know in your heart this is true

Dude, same.

there still talking about the GF ending because it was utter horseshit

It was. Want me to count the ways?

be my guest

well thank you i've never been invited anywhere

Sorry. Couldn't resist

>opinions
>wrong
kill yourself tumblr falls

Let's start with exhibit M.

>Upon learning that her brother got a chance to follow his dreams, cares only about how this will affect herself.
>Causes the apocalypse, albeit out of sheer selfishness and stupidity rather than intentionally.
>Replaces her brother with a shallow copy who's nothing like him as she presumably makes no attempt to leave the bubble as her friends and family are suffering and possibly dying outside.
>When her actual brother, who barely survived in the monster riddled hellhole that started because of her, arrives, she refuses to provide even minimal help fixing what she caused until he practically humbles himself at her feet, promising that he'll give up his dream and stay with her always.
>Never learns anything, faces any consequences, or apologizes for any of this.

It's easy beat GF ending when you don't have 100000000000000 plotlines to finish.

This, more or less.

Regular Show had a low bar it managed to exceed.

Gravity Falls had a high bar it couldn't reach.

Hell Regular show even ended the format war subplot

>heroes

bruh

Congrats, you've spent a year of your life being furious at a fictional 12 year old.

If this is the level of autism needed to hate the ending to GF then it's no wonder the series was only panned within Sup Forums and Reddit.

Nice try, Alex.

I tried watching the second to last ending episode and it was just a fucking meta episode
>I've been watching you since the beginning
This garbage show retroactively needs to have never existed. Was the entire season this shitty?

Go back to twitter, alex.

>implying that Sup Forums didn't love the GF ending when it came out

>implying that a bunch of faggots just decided to retroactively pretend they always hated it because six months later Hirsch made a tweet mocking Donald Trump

>implying that any of this hate has anything to do with GF's content and isn't just about the fragile hurt feelings of Trumpfags.

Go make videos, Phantomstrider.

I don't give a shit about Trump one way or the other, and I still didn't like the ending.

>trying this hard to turn this thread into a political thread

When you get down to it, she's worse than Gideon

BTFO stands for blown the fuck out, right?

>jolly good show

bruh

both suck(ed)

>implying cartoons have anything to do with politics

Sup Forums pls leave

it could mean blows in this contex

Makes sense

Man, I hope they release that box set. I actually kind of want it after the ending.

It's over.