Archie dies before Ken Penders dies

>Archie dies before Ken Penders dies

how does that make you feel?

As long as Sonic lives on at IDW with Flynn, I don't give a shit what happens to Archie.

They can rot.

IDW buy the sonic comics?

I need source of that right now. I really want a crossover of sonic and TMNT

His career died a decade ago.

No source. Just my genuine hope.

Jesus can some give me a layout of Archie comics history of fuckups involving sonic Jesus it's a train wreck

If you had told me that Penders was going to die of cancer at the end of the year, I would have still believed that he'd outlive Archie.

Imagine everything that could go wrong.

There is your layout.

IDW been surprisingly great lately

Just dumb speculation.

But how's it start it's where did this cringy list of fuck ups that lead to a company being almost completely bankrupt start

IDW is just the only publisher who would touch it since they publish nothing but licensed trash anyway.

Why don't you fuck right off suck D.C. Cock

Hiring Scott Fulop, who then hired Ken Penders, who then ruined the sonic comic, who then left the sonic comic in Flynn's hands, who then sued the sonic comic, who then won that lawsuit in settlement, which caused the comic to reboot.

Then archie tried to kickstart it's Archie reboot, which failed because they're a big company and they shouldn't be using kickstarter and they had fan backlash. Then they allowed Kaminski to fuck the Sonic comic up. Then Scott Fulop sued.

And here we are.

Just to be clear, Penders sued Archie, not Flynn.

Archie held onto Sonic comics for decades. Do you think IDW would?

Archie sued Penders actually to stop him from suing SEGA directly.

Why is there so much drama surrounding a sonic the fucking hedgehog comic

wait, archie tried to do a kickstarter for their reboot?

Were they insane?

The more I hear about their management decisions, the more all of their problems make sense.

Not having contracts on hand... poor retention of skill... poor planning... ugh.

Yeah, true....sorta.....it's very complex.

Penders Sued EA and Sega. EA got pissed at Sega and told Sega to deal with it and get them out of the lawsuit. Meanwhile, Penders was copyrighting stories and characters, which forced Archie to sue Penders to stop him. Sega used the excuse that the outcome of their trial with Penders relied on the outcome of the trial with Archie, and so, Archie was up shit's creek without a bit of support from Sega, who had a ton of money and lawyers to fix it, but no way to support directly without getting dragged right back into court.

From my understanding of events
>Penders gets hired as a writer for the Sonic comic, sees that Knuckles is a blank slate of a character and decides to give him an Echidna family who show up out of nowhere, including his father who literally microwaved him when he was an egg
>Shit happens, Knuckles turns green for some reason and ends up being the one to kill Eggman in a future timeline arc
>He and a bunch of other shitty writers introduce shit like soap opera plots, characters such as Knuckles' love interest/cousin and Evil Sonic(who is basically just Sonic in a leather jacket and shades), as well as Sonic crying on the front cover, and constantly fuck up elements of the story to get back at one another
>Eventually Penders gets thrown on his ass and thinks Archie will come crawling back to him but they never do
>Eventually somebody directs him to the Echidnas who were created for a Bioware Sonic RPG and he decides to sue both Bioware and Sega
>Archie tries to take Penders to court, but apparently their copy of a legal document was lost in a fire, so Penders gets to keep all of the characters he made, and Archie has to reset the comic's continuity in order to avoid paying him royalties
>Sega has implied that if Archie gets in another lawsuit, the comic license will be taken away from them
>This is followed by another writer, Scott Fulop, trying to sue Archie for the right to use his characters

It's not that much considering this is covering like 25+ years.

Their CEO also sexually assaulted 5 male workers and claimed they couldn't sue her because she's a woman and they're men.

It's not anything to do with Sonic, actually. Penders is an autist, but he's a comic autist that got the job because he knew Comics people. He hates Sonic, actually.

It's actually all about Archie's incompetence.

>Their CEO also sexually assaulted 5 male workers and claimed they couldn't sue her because she's a woman and they're men.
what came of that?

Yeah they had a massive backlash since they really could've afforded the books anyways

As it should be.

If they can't afford to make comics, they aren't a comics company, and Archie HAS money. They've always had money.

I think it settled out of court.

Why does he look like a pedorapist?

I'll miss my yandere.

Is she still in charge?

She's been gone since 2013

I think so. She's one of the Founders' daughter.

>sexually assaulted
Sexually harassed. Shouting "PENIS" at them and the like. I didn't read anywhere that she actually assaulted them.

Well that's just great.

She can cost them more money by being ridiculous in the future and doing her part to keep professionals away.

Don't forget that all their financial hopes right now are on a teen drama on CW called "Riverdale"

That thing is gonna FLOP.

It's strange to me that archie was doing consistently good business for decades, did some experimental expansion with stuff like afterlife with archie that worked, but they seem to be completely dissatisfied.

So much that they'll risk the whole business on crap.

Who the fuck even watches the CW anymore?

>a teen drama on CW called "Riverdale"
They are so fucked.

CW isn't even in my TV package anymore and I haven't felt like I'm missing anything.

Archie is gonna come and go without me noticing at all.

If they were smart, they would have pitched it to Netflix.

Don't forget buying the licenses to a bunch of Sega and Capcom IPs, then only using them for four issues.

That get immediately retconned out of existence anyway, making the whole thing pointless.

I'm still confused why they made it such Archie a murder mystery soap opera

Because everyone loves Twin Peaks, user. Don't you love twin peaks? We're riding this wave, right? We totally didn't miss it, right?

Archie sonic died with the reboot. Post reboot was full of waifu pandering and obnoxious jokes.

>Post reboot was full of waifu pandering and obnoxious jokes.

Nah, maybe for the first little bit.

But now it's about SUFFERING and deep lore.

Literally every time i see something he's painted im amazed. like damn how can you fuck up that bad. thats deviantart 13 year old tier

This Penders guy literally looks like he keeps young boys chained in his basement.

>Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones

HOLY SHIT

How is this real?

They don't have money. But the reason is because of embezzlement and mismanagement.

You hear about Archie having a sexual affair with Ms Grundy yet?

The rest of the people in charge are just as incompetent.

The only people who suffer are the deer waifus. Literally everything else is sunshine and rainbows.

You realize that the world isn't Sup Forums, right? They're not "waifu pandering" just by having girl characters.

Don't forget about Hawk Suffering and Shark Suffering, and the silent suffering that is Chinchilla Suffering.

Also Chipmunk Suffering and AI Lynx suffering...I'm sure we're in for some either Cat or Bunny suffering soon!

>I'm sure we're in for some either Cat or Bunny suffering soon!

Well, that's assuming the comic survives long enough for us to get the Cat and Bunny suffering.

Then it would just be Human Suffering.

Isn't she like 70 years old?

I hope Ken Panders dies.

They de-aged her to like, her 30s or something. Which kinda misses the whole point, but whatever.

Oh, and lets not forget how the overarching plot is the murder of Cheryl Blossom's brother. Pity, since incest seems like something this show would love including.

>Then it would just be Human Suffering.

That happens all the time. It's not that impressive.

>Isn't she like 70 years old?

Yes. Yes, she is. And now you will never unsee that mental image.

>I hope Ken Panders dies.

Well, assuming he doesn't somehow discover the Philosopher's Stone, you'll get your wish eventually.

Actually Penders was the one who got Fulop to sue. He did it on purpose to get SEGA to pull the licence.

Further proof that people hate Sonic are the biggest autists of all.

>Penders was the one who got Fulop to sue

Really?

Not that user. Nothing confirmed, but they're still friends and talk a lot.

Man, if thats true then wow. Ken is one petty muddafugga.

>and claimed they couldn't sue her because she's a woman and they're men.
But that's true.

Ken Penders owns the rights to the Sonic Battle character Emerl. Do you think he'd sell it for a few thousand? I hate seeing good characters underutilized. Maybe I can pretend to be his friend on Twitter...

I highly doubt Chris Chan was the result of Archie comics.

That doesn't sound right, he can't actually own that one.

He was the result of Sonic Adventure

I've yet to see any trailer for "Riverdale" and I can say without hesitation that I'd rather see "Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again" become a TV series instead.

>CW isn't even in my TV package anymore and I haven't felt like I'm missing anything.
What? CW is shit you can literally get with an antenna, what shitty cable company is blocking you from a basic channel like that?

Emerl was the original Gizoid, though. Maybe he doesn't... But I don't think either of them will risk using that character. He's in some weird limbo. I could legitimately read an entire comic series or play a game starring an innocent robot learn from those around him and use all their talents in some cheesy finale.

I use playstation vue.

It's way cheaper than our other providers here, but it doesn't have CW or Viacom channels now.

Emerl was in Sonic X, so he seems to be safely in Sega's control.

didnt troll king kill him though?

Yeah, Penders can't lay any claim to Emerl. The only issue is that the Gizoids were created by the group from Sonic Chronicles, which is part of the legal nastiness Penders had going on. Basically it just meant that the comic was never going to bring up the origin of the Gizoids to avoid Ken going "but those are the ripoffs of my donut steel!"

Better than the shit romance & Donut Steels in the old universe. Give me the likes of Razor. the Egg Bosses over Julie-Su, & Scourge any day.

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE NEXT CHAPTER

>Hey Guys, I know sonic is our cash cow and its all that's keeping us afloat because of our modernized Archie comic is all but a failure,
>but what if we spent a literal fortune in making a teen drama and putting it on CW while simultaneously putting it on that dead network, CW, AND AXING the sonic comic at the same time?!
>is that not the most genius business move we've ever made?!?
>Execs chortle and raise their champagne glasses as a bunch of hookers polish their sports cars with their vaginas while one kisses his new credit card he got on a loan
>across the street is Penders, shaving off his moustache for the fifth time in the last 4 years while he looks through a brass telescope and guffaws with his buck teeth smacking against his lips
>while his wife pleads with him to get a real job because she can't keep supporting his manchild passion projects by herself.

It's more likely that if the comic is getting canned, it was Sega pulling the license

This is most likely Sega not wanting to re-up until the Motions to Dismiss in the Fulop case are decided in the next month.

We don't know that for certain, Sega has no reason to, and Archie is being absurdly silent about all of this.

Hey, that's reassuring and oddly disappointing. There was a 0.1% chance I could swindle Penders. Hopefully Sega utilizes him at some point in the future.

>Subscriptions for Sonic go down, with no explanation
>People call Archie asking what the fuck is going on, to be told the comics are likely getting cancelled
>Literally hours later, people call Archie asking the same thing, only to be told by the same person that the Sonic page is only temporarily down, & that the comics aren't being cancelled
>The next issue of the comics have been pushed back
>SEGA hasn't said shit

Even if the comics don't end, what a fucking mess.

Do you think Sega grinds their teeth every time someone asks why a comic character isn't in the games

to be fair if the comic is getting axed it's probably because of sega pulling the licence instead of archie doing it of their own volition

SEGA never says shit about the Archie comic. The cover gallery in Mega Collection is the extent of their acknowledgement towards it over the last 25 years.

Penders looks like a Sonic fan.

He actually isn't, but he certainly does have some form of autism.

Yeah, the guy actually takes pride in never having played a Sonic game. Not sure why he thinks that's a good thing.

It's admirable that he can create such a vivid and well-thought out world and write the characters so well that they captivate the hearts and minds of Sonic fans everywhere, despite having no knowledge of the games!

This is probably how he sees it, anyway.

There's probably also a bit of
>I made a comic that's superior to the silly little games! My comic is single-handedly responsible for Sonic the Hedgehog's popularity and I did it all without having to ever touch one of those quaint cartridges!

>My comic is single-handedly responsible for Sonic the Hedgehog's popularity
The sad thing is he probably believes this

Not only does he believe that (as well as believing the comic was only popular because of him), he doesn't understand that there's entire swaths of Sonic fans who have never touched the comic. In his mind, any fan of Sonic is probably also a fan of the comic, and thus any fan of Sonic is a fan of Penders, which is why he insists that there's a massive built-in audience ready for the Lara-Su Chronicles.

I'm glad that he won at the end.

I've had a sonic subscription since I was like 10 years old and a few years ago, around the time of the whole reset/crossover bullshit, I kinda just stopped caring about the comics, but I'm still subscribed to them b/c I have all but a handful of issues.
That being said, I'm really not all that surprised to see this sort of thing happen.
For a while now, Archie has focused more on quantity than quality.
They keep pumping out bland boring re-used stories and printing a bunch of "Variant" covers in an effort to sell the same comic 10 times without having to write themselves out of the corner that where Penders left them.
Don't get me wrong, Ian Flynn is a great author and he's doing his best with what he has, but genocyding the entire echidna population aside from a hand full of key players without any second mention, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
I really hope the series gets another good publisher and can get back on its feet, but it'll take a dedicated bunch to do it.
Knowing the sonic fanbase, there's thousands of fans willing to pitch their 2 cents in, but in a sense that's what makes the fanbase so terrible in the first place.

It's cool, the Echidnas are back... in Echyd'nya form!

>but genocyding the entire echidna population aside from a hand full of key players without any second mention, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

I mean I get what you're saying but it's not like he had a choice.

You should read the reboot. Tons of new characters that are all high quality.

Penders is a massive anti-Sonic autist. His hatred for Sonic makes the Game Grumps look well-adjusted.