What would you have changed about Gravity Falls?

more subliminal messages

Season 2B along with the finale since that entire portion was extremely rushed and left questions unanswered.

It would have been best as a three season show.

I would have either made Weirdmageddon a bit longer, or removed it entirely and made the finale something else.

>more incest and harem implications
>dipper less of a little bitch
>tambry takes wendys place and wendy doesnt exsist
>lasts longer and more mysteries after bill is destroyed
>no brother twist

All solid ideas.

the aliens would have a part to play, maybe the ones who are keeping Bill contained in Gravity Falls. Dipper's birthmark would be a plot point and something to do with said aliens. Bill Cipher would be far creepier and stranger, showing very little interest in conquering the world and more interest in tinkering with people's minds.

Legitimately good ideas user.

>the aliens would have a part to play, maybe the ones who are keeping Bill contained in Gravity Falls.
I don't like this because I think Alex is right about Aliens not being as scary when you see them. The only Alien I think is scary after all these years is The Thing, and that's because it doesn't look like itself.

Have Wendy join on the adventures from the beginning, and make her more interesting

Add a circus episode and a supernatural disease episode, because I like those

Like what?

Less blacks and mexicans
More Mabel getting hurt

I agree with the second part.

1- Everyone gets a happy ending. (A WELL WRITTEN happy ending.) Even the villain...well. Maybe not- just to fuck with the fan girls for Bill.

2- Fucking answering the questions that were prompted by the show so many times. Like for fucks sake so many goddamn unanswered questions what the fuck it's it even funny I don't even want the answers any more it's just fucking sloppy at this point.

3- Less Mabel. Seriously that was completely uneccesary.

4- More emphasis on the conflict than on Mabel.

5- Stan loses his memory? Yeah, how about something tragic that we could at least happily believe for even a second. Maybe, call it crazy- we actually have him forget his memory, yeah? But he had video tapes of himself for just such an occasion. He doesn't remember all of it- but he's still a good person at heart working on getting back to where he was. Actual fucking loss here come on.

Uhhhh- maybe someone gets laid or something I dunno.

>Seriously that was completely uneccesary.

Are you referring to part 2 of Weirdmageddon specifically?

She became too interesting and competent for the show...it actually made some things difficult when you think about it. Like her common sense alone would've prevented who knows what chicanery.

So she was too competent and cool to be interesting or funny?

She didn't do anything in season 1, other than tickle Dipper's pine tree, and then she became inexplicably badass for a few episodes in season 2, despite the first 21 episodes showing she was a standard lazy teenager.

Add onto being often conspicuously left out of the adventure even when all the other main characters join in (Land Before Swine, Bottomless Pit, Not What He seems, Scary-oke, among others.) And you've got yourself one boring box of rocks.

Another season, more Bill, Dipifica.

Decent ideas.

less shipping, especially all the Dipper has a crush on Wendy shit, that didn't need like 10 episodes

More cryptic shit, less clear meaning, worst thing the show ever did was turn a demonic trickster into the leader of a demonic invasion

Give actual meaning to things like Bill's Circle of Power, this offended me more than anything else in the finale, they clearly had to include it because it was teased the whole show but they also clearly had basically scrapped whatever it was originally meant to be completely

whats that some of these symbols make no sense for the person representing them? Well that's fine it will probably work anyway, sure Pacifica is a Llama and Wendy is a Bag of Ice why not. Oop I guess the whole thing was pointless anyway for low drama and other stupidity, why was there a prophecy about this again when it was pointless?

Don't build Bill up to be quite so omnipotent. That way when weirdmageddon rolls around they won't have to nerf him so hard.

Everything is derailed to deal with Mabel being selfish. Again.

Make it actually spooky instead of just so randumb XD monsters of the week.

Kinda weird that nearly the entire first half of the Weirdmageddon episodes was dedicated to looking for and saving Mabel when she ultimately didn't do all that much when it came to stopping Bill.

3 seasons and a movie

didn't help that the best thing they could come up with to put Mabel in was an Eden Trap

It wasn't even a creative one, Mabel just got whatever she wanted, she probably would have gotten bored and left anyway if Dipper hadn't shown up

Plus, it seemed nothing bad was going to happen to her even if she had stayed, which doesn't seem in line with somebody as cruel as Bill supposedly is.

Give Mabel a little actual character development, and at the end of the summer she accepts that eventually things will change and doesn't try to stand in the way of Dipper accomplishing his dreams. Like, they actually learn from Stan and Ford's drama and accept things gracefully.

Stan's lost memories stay lost, but he gets to know the kids (and Ford and Soos, etc.) all over again as they create new memories.

That reminds me. For all the buildup, foreshadowing, and speculation the rift between Dipper and Mabel got, the payoff and resolution were pretty weak.

Extend it to 3 seasons to flesh out things better. That finale was almost unbearable.

Yeah, use that time too give side characters like Pacifica and Mabel's friends actual character development

make pinecest canon

Honestly, with how devoted Dipper is to Mabel, especially in the finale, it did give off some strange implications.

If it was a GOOD Eden Trap- they would've walked into an exact replica of the shack with it being the first day of summer- exactly what she was looking for and away from what she was trying to escape:

The slow inevitable encroach of time and change. Flying unicorns are amusing but literally reliving the past in a delusion?
That's deep yo'.

How the fuck did Craz and Xyler survive the destruction of Mabel's Bubble?

Because the writers wanted to do a credits joke

Also, a Wendy focus episode.

It would have been nice if they made that episode where Wendy and Stan bond over stealing episode

Come to think of it, she barely interacted with anybody other than Dipper and Robbie.

What's the point?
They're usually added to add the creepiness and the show is too lighthearted for that. It just feels forced.

By the second season, most of the credit cryptograms stopped being foreshadowing and started being little rhymes that vaguely relate to the episode.

Bill is merely a henchmen for a more menacing force. He doesn't function well as a main villain.

>It just feels forced.
I don't agree with this at all
>What's the point?
Fun. It's honestly fun to solve them and interpret cryptic messages

*henchman

I can agree with that.
I think it'd be more fun if they went full ARG autism with the cryptic messages.

Though that may be too complicated for the target audience.

Henchmaniac?

Bill functions great as a main villian. He's a Elder God of chaos and destruction whose motives don't go beyond that. Sure it's a simple trope but it works well especially in this series.

Maybe in theory, but not in execution

Until the end he's great. The ending....Yeah not so much.

Not really. Every of his appearances made him absolutely laughable. I don't care how powerful he is when I can't take him seriously.

1. extend to 3 seasons.
2. expand upon all the foreshadowing.
3. give more character development/growth to Stanford, Wendy, Robbie, Soos, Pacifica, etc.
4. don't play favorites when it comes to Dipper's relationships, but give bones to everyone ever so often.
5. an episode or small arc dedicated to basically giving Disney the middle finger
6. time travel and alternate timeline shenanigans are important plot points.
7. It's a true Phyrric Victory at the end where Bill isn't truly defeated, but merely delayed. Gruncle Stan "dies" or is basically dead and now Stanford has to take his identity. Relationshit can be interpreted that they'd go in a myriad of directions.

Aren't the aliens implied to be shapeshifters like the one Ford had in his bunker? I know Journal 3 said something about it

In his second apparence he was defeated singlehandedly by a little girl

>What would you have changed about Gravity Falls?
Make more seasons

It would have been better if stan didnt get all his memories back right away but hinted that they are still there and might come back.

Did they explain why gravitty falls was so weird in the first place?

I haven't read Journal 3 yet (I have it, just haven't read it), but I thought Alex said that the aliens were collecting species, and the shapeshifter got lose and killed all the aliens (which was sort of a tribute to The Thing).

Here's what I would change:
Take it off Disney/Disney XD and put it on Adult Swim
Make Bill a bit edgier. Actually have him kill people.
Make Grunkle Stan a bit raunchier, but not too much. Like have him curse a tiny bit when the kids aren't around, but when they are, he restrains himself in hilarious ways.
Expand the series to three seasons
Have the series end with Mabel and Dipper naturally drifting apart from one another like real people do
Have Soos die of a heart attack
Have Wendy obviously be affected by the lack of a mother

No this is a feel good show with hugs and ponies.

Ppl dont always grow apart.

They're doomed to have their relationship crumble with how close they are. Siblings needs space even if they think they don't.

Delete season 2B. Keep going like we aren't about to can it and make vaporware for fox. Take the time for character development and plotlines that actually go somewhere. Maybe have actual consequences for anything.