Invincible

I just read the first 4 issues. Really generic, but... Does it chage? Does it gets better or at least more interesting?

NO SPOILERS

>Does it gets better or at least more interesting?
Yes, there's a pretty big status quo shift coming up

Yeah, it does. Enjoy the tongue in cheek humor about the high school superhero thing for now.

One of the best superhero comics ever written. If you don't read until like issue 12, you'll have no idea what the actual premise of the series is.

Stick with it brother, it's 130-odd issues of pure joy. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with myself once Kirkman finishes the book.

>One of the best superhero comics ever written.

i think kirkman's work is uneven overall, however invincible does a solid job of constantly shuffling the deck. the main character is essentially a saiyan. characters experience actual growth and there are lasting repercussions. stick with it. you will either love it or hate it. i read all of luthor strode when norrin storytimed it recently. hated it, but can say i have an informed opinion to vocalize my dislike.

Keep reading, you'll know when it gets good.

If you hit issue 13 and feel the same way then you can quit.

It's my favorite comic and I'm willing to bet you're going to love it after 13.

invincible is also storytimed from beginning to end several times throughout the year. so there is definitely a solid following on Sup Forums even though it is not discussed constantly.

Without spoiling anything, and also making a major understatement: Yes, it changes.

Luther Strode is too bland to deserve art that good. It was an actual chore reading the first series

I wasn't surprised that it's a writer without a lot of experience and his two big runs are New 52 New Guardians and Shadowman for Valiant, not a winning record

RIP Murderanon. Somebody should continue where he left off.

Thaaat's not true. Murderanon straight up disappeared last year and there was no sign of it afterward.

Here's the way I explain it to people when I'm loaning them the trade paperbacks: The first 12 issues are the prologue. Once you get to the end of issue 12, you'll be able to form a good opinion of what this series actually is and what it's going to be, and it's a wild fucking ride. Read that far and then decide.

it's a pretty good series. It goes a bit downhill once the major arc ends around issue 90 I think. It then picks up to a point where it could have had an awesome finale in tone with a big theme of the series which is something like "things change when you grow up and the changes are usually unexpected, you may not think you'll like it but you have to accept it" . I think it's a solid 7.5/10.

>Really generic

Oh child...

>One of the best superhero comics ever written
Pfffffft

Nah, it's pretty generic.

If you like capes and can deal with stuff being derivative and non-original, this is actually fairly decent, except that there's fucking a lot of crying and the art work makes everyone look awful, and the only other selling point is A LOT of visual violence, because that's EDGY and COOL now.

Oh also female to male rape. BUT it's a LONG, LONG slog to get to that.

>is this derivative garbage written by a complete hack good

lol

>Does it gets better or at least more interesting?
Yeah. It shifts status quo a lot and the characters are all pretty good for the most part. I absolutely love Cecil and Allen. Plus it has crossovers with other good comics like Tech Jacket and Astounding Wolf-Man. You should keep going but maybe it just isn't for you.

You gotta get through the first 8 then you won't stop down till you pass 100 so.

he gets raped half way in , if you dig that maybe you like it

>ever written

eh

It's generic shit by an overpraised hack

This is true. It stops being great or even remotely good after 104.

105 is the stopping point. Just read from 1 to 105. Trust me, OP

>Astounding Wolf-Man.
I miss Astounding Wolf-Man...

Would like to check the series out, anyone have a download link to all available issues?

empire-dcp-minutemen-scan blogspot fr 2015/12/invincible-tpbs-v01-v21-2005-2015.html

What happens after 105?

Thanks

Generic compared to what? Shounen manga?

Generic compared to whats come after, but it is unique and groundbreaking. You've got a few good twists coming up.

I thought it started out ok, then twist hits and it gets good and stays good until issues like 80-90. Since then it's been on slow decline with occasional high notes.

It's not bad, but I am glad Kirkman has decided to put a dot on this. I think he should've done that either like 20 issues ago, either should've given Invincible to other writers already.

Only real problems are: red cunt and Kirkman very noticeable writing at the seat of his pants.

Is there much sex? I need my tits and ass with my edge. It's a choice between collecting this first, or the Boys.

The last full story time of it was in November.

you mean until 117.

Let's say, Pentagon will at some point lose the "Parking in the back" sign.

there's a lot of murder

yes, just keep on reading