/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Gangster Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra #3 (January 18th)
Rebels 3.13: "Trials of the Darksaber" (January 21st)

>Episode Preview: Trials of the Darksaber
youtube.com/watch?v=62TogumQlns

>Rebels Recon: Warhead
youtube.com/watch?v=EfCuHRbbTZk

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqCYb3fmgEI
youtube.com/watch?v=PryJUyzchk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we get it, you vape

fucking Hutts

Skybridger is best ship

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>Empire had a five year plan for Lothal
>Rebels starts out five years before ANH
>Lothal is out in the middle of nowhere
>No one would notice or care if it suddenly went 'missing'
Was the Empire's original intent to use Lothal as target practice?

Bodhi x Bor Gullet is the only good ship.

O-oh my...

How big can Hutts get?

NEW MAJOR MSW LEAKS FOR END OF REBELS SEASON 3!

CAUTION! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILED!

“An Imperial Droid in Commander Sato’s Court” - Placeholder production title? Originally believed to be about AP-5, it is confirmed through exclusive trusted sources this episode involves Thrawn using a new type of Imperial Infiltrator Droid. After the Rebels discovered his last droid the new version utilizes the same holographic disguise matrix last seen in the Rako Hardeen arc of The Clone Wars series (first appearing in “Crisis on Naboo”). Because Thrawn doesn’t believe they can torture the base location out of captured Rebels he plans to replace a captured member of Phoenix Squad! Exclusive sources exclusively reveal the captured Rebel is Ezra leading to hilarious moments when the droid imposter struggles to maintain appearances as a Force User.

Season finale episode titles 100% accurately revealed and will be about Maul fighting Obi-Wan on (sources 50% certain) Tatooine:

Part 1 is “Stolen Hope” and does involve Maul kidnapping Luke in order to force Obi-Wan to fight him.

Part 2 is “Sands of Fate” where in a major spoiler Maul actually WINS! Obi-Wan dies! How? Turns out the Rebels arrived first with the reprogrammed infiltrator droid, whom they named OB-1. Maul thinks that Kenobi is really a droid and fate has cheated him yet again.

So season finale confirmed as Starkiller fighting Proxy by proxy!

MSW! 100% canon accuracy! Over 9000 Bothans have died to bring you the latest scoops and leaks from the Star Wars galaxy!

MSW: fucking up their spoilers 200% of the time.

This is so incredibly ridiculous that it would increase my respect for Filoni if it were true

>come up with a giant ludicrous scenario all for the sake of a bad pun

Someting about this gif is off putting, but I don't know why.

Why have we allowed this general to become nothing but a shitty den of 'dank memes'?

I don't hate the idea of gay Luke, but it super doesn't work in canon. That art is cute tho

No clue what you mean.

Sometimes it's alright. But there is a lot of autism here.

Luke being gay can work in nuCanon since he has no confirmed kids and he lives on an island alone but I doubt he'll be a faggot

I would 100% be ok with this.

it's too fast

Nah, he was way too into Leia pre the whole sister revelation. Bi maybe.

But you can't be big in fiction unless you're evil or a bitch so whatever

>Sometimes it's alright.

Fuck off.

No :^)

A meme flood hardly constitutes reason, otherwise threads would be hostage to meme spamming trolls who want the threads deleted.

If you don't like the conversation, contribute instead of complaining. Suggest something you want to talk about related to the topic.

So how do you guys think Kenobi vs Maul round 3 will go?

other than blue milk and portions, which are apparently space MREs, are there any other foods that are eaten a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away?

Is that it?

>youtube.com/watch?v=SqCYb3fmgEI

>that Ezra concern when Sabine fucks herself

IDS HABBENING

for Maul it will be the epic rematch, the ending to his saga, the final battle to end his 20 year long obsession
for Ben, it is just Tuesday

Yes :^)

>that Ezra concern when Sabine fucks herself
Lewd, dude.

If you want MREs then consider Luke's shitty rebel lunchbox.

Then of course there is Mandalorian school lunches. Even their food is cubist, go figure.

>wide brown bars
protein bars or maybe bread?
>long brown sticks
looks like crap, maybe jerky or something
>pills
thats either candy or vitamins

Fortunately some of their food looks, well, relatively normal enough.

Nah, he's just being a little bitch boy.

Why is Rau dressed as Megaman?

It looks like Sabines character development this episode will be "asian kid who works themself too hard"

A goblin eating clone rations. There's also a scene where Ahsoka and Barriss are eating no, not each other. It's the last part of the Geonosian zombie story.

I don't happen to have any pics handy but I recall Ahsoka basically having a messier plate and Barriss lines up all her food carefully.

Cut lays out a nice spread. Not as nice as his wife, though.

>Ahsoka and Barriss are eating
youtube.com/watch?v=PryJUyzchk0

Those look like they'd taste like lobster

Why do you think TESB is the only character driven movie in Star Wars?

the OT in general was driven primarily by its characters, the plot in 4,5,6 was simple on purpose because it was carried by our heroes and villains

I would say that of Episode 7 personally, the story is pretty familiar and simple to introduce new memorable characters en masse.

I wish Rogue One's character stood out more, that is probably the most plot driven of them all

I thought I was the only one that noticed the complete lack of discussion and logical thought. People don't even talk about new episodes or lore. Instead they talk about best ships, EU vs canon or whatever bullshit.

I have no idea what happened here

Yeah, but 4 and 6 were still plot driven though. 5 is just Vader wants Luke and gets to him thru his friends. That's kind of a plot I guess.

Luke, did I ever tell you about dank memes? “Dank Memes” is an ironic expression used to describe online viral media and in-jokes that are intentionally bizarre or have exhausted their comedic value to the point of being trite or cliché. In this context, the word “dank,” originally coined as a term for high quality marijuana, is satirically used as a synonym for “cool.” He was a good friend.

>I thought I was the only one that noticed the complete lack of discussion and logical thought.
The last couple threads have had discussion though

>People don't even talk about new episodes
We do, but I mean after a couple days most of the discussion points are exhausted

>or lore.
What's there to talk about that hasn't already been discussed at length?

>carried by Harrison Ford
He's the only reason why people like the OT.

Episode 7 has a plot. Find Luke.

It's just that there is a different plot about Starkiller Base for the last third of the movie for some reason.

dont forget vader, luke, and leia
and the dogfights

No he doesn't. The big three are all great on screen until ROTJ where Leia and Han don't do shit.

han using the AT-ST to trick the bunker was pretty cool

>where Leia and Han don't do shit.
They also completely checked out. Carrie's coked out half the time and Harrison clearly doesn't want to be there anymore. Mark's the only one who still seems to be trying.

He has his moments. Not many of them, but he does have them.

Carrie was very disappointed with ROTJ. She said they softened her up too much. And we all know Harrison was just there because he felt he had to be.

And before that he tries to open a door for 20 minutes.

Admittedly dressing up in teddy bear village when the galaxy was at stake was a bit much, even if she didn't want to offend her furry hosts.

Now imagine she dressed up and it was still a wookiee village. "OH LAWDY LEIA DUN GOT WOOKED!"

She was pissed about how her character acted with Jabba.

She said she spent Star Wars basically talking shit to Tarkin and Vader and now she's in a skimpy bikini and isn't saying shit.

No no, the plot is intentionally simple to introduce charactera that will be around for awhile, I did not say it wasn't there. And yeah, Starkiller Base was a bit...odd.

I've got a topic of discussion for you, Sup Forums. Just how skilled was the average Jedi? I always assumed the majority of knights were about Trebor level.
When we see Anakin/Luke/Obi-wan doing their various feats are we supposed to assume that this is a level only the best are able to achieve?

It makes me wonder if most Jedi can even use telekinesis.

>"OH LAWDY LEIA DUN GOT WOOKED!"

Leia at least choked the shit out of Jabba. Han had become so domesticated and loveable that he had fucking nothing to do in ROTJ.

This.

And he's jealous of Luke. So much that he even offers to leave Leia. Males no sense.

I wonder why they softened Han and Leia?

most people cannot defeat a jedi one on one, that specific jedi was killed by RNG, shit happens, not every jedi is killed after a climactic duel, in any case jango fett isnt a normal eprson

yeah there are jedi who are terrible at combat, but then again they would not be sent out to any where really dangerous, they would be better off in the temple or somewhere with little trouble

Worse, there wasn't even any purpose to her befriending the Ewoks. She wasn't able to use her friendship with them to save her friends, and it ended up being Luke and Threepio that saved them, and Threepio that talked them all into helping the rebels. You could probably argue that their having already been friends with Leia helped get their foot in the door, but you don't really see that in the movie.

No idea. I rather liked the fact that Ben's fall gave them something to have as a focus in VII.

Damn I wish Carrie Fisher hadn't done so much coke. I'll miss those interviews of hers.

It always bugged me how they didn't want to eat Leia. What did she do? I mean, they sewed her a dress, she have done something to impress them.

Hey man, Wicket carries a lot of wait. He says you're okay, you're okay.

>No idea. I rather liked the fact that Ben's fall gave them something to have as a focus in VII

I do agree, however Leia should never say Snoke. Her fucking face squished into itself.

They thought Threepio was their golden god and they were cooking the others in his honor. Leia couldn't have talked them out of it when said golden god couldn't.

So really the bigger question is why worship a being and then refuse to listen to him?

Ewoks make no sense.

>So really the bigger question is why worship a being and then refuse to listen to him?
I always figured that since Threepio isn't 100% fluent in their language, his threat didn't carry over and he probably ended up saying "don't stop the roast, I'll use my magic to make it bigger!"

So yeah, they posted this.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SqCYb3fmgEI

>angry sabine

at least we know she can get frustrated.

>So really the bigger question is why worship a being and then refuse to listen to him?

I refer you to, every culture.

>pills
Could be dehydrated foods, like the bread in TFA

She's out of her element and into someone else's. I wonder if they'll do the bit where she gets frustrated, gives up on Kanan, but Ezra follows her and offers to help her out.

It's easier to ignore a supposedly sacred book or another human in robes. It's another thing to disrespect the very real being you're supposed to be worshipping.

Saying shit would have gotten her tossed in the pit. Sometimes an escape plot requires a bit of play.

she also didnt hesitate to kill jabba with his own chain when the time came

Man, I was just thinking about this today.

It's kind of amazing how unappealing all of the food looks in Star Wars. I might go so far as to call it an accomplishment.

Right it was a plan, it's why Lando was working deep cover for weeks before their arrival. Though I've not seen that mentioned since the first character guides.

Most people in Star Wars are fine as long as they can down a couple cases of Jawa Juice and smoke a bunch of death sticks.

they had a plan at the start, but they all impovised as things didnt quite work out as planned

even though jabbas palace didnt quite fit into the narrative, watching all our heroes make stuff up as they go along, kick ass, and rescue han anyways was actually really awesome to watch

Looks like solid yellow-painted metal.

My god, I wouldn't survive. I like tasty things.

It's whatever will let you stay alive for the weeks it'll take for a Rebel rescue team to finally make their rounds. I hope he's for some kinda water filtration system.

source no longer canon, but an X-wing has enough supplies located under the seat to last about 2 weeks

I loved how Bloodline used the killing of Jabba as one of the major bits of cred Leia has. Fuck I love that and Lost Stars so much. Has Claudia Gray said if she is getting another Star Wars book?

Double that time if you also eat the seat. Dash Rendar said it.

>take your damn pills Skywalker

I love that the Hutts apparently know, they're pissed, but they'll never tell anyone because it's just too embarrassing having Jabba strangled by his own "slave."

I want to see/read a short story about a Jedi serial killer who targets non-combat Jedi.

>Has Claudia Gray said if she is getting another Star Wars book?
I don't think so but I'd be down with one

So basically Barriss?