So do you think a full series about this guy would have worked?

So do you think a full series about this guy would have worked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9uajGvehGs4
youtu.be/W5gGEWqO_Ag
youtu.be/jm1S3OwCpJo
youtu.be/7xcVv-m4fmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Make Series
>Make it so your lead is so unlikeable your views would rather it be scrapped and started again
Just why was Korra such an unlikable person and how did they get her so wrong when they got so much else right?

Would be shit because his story was shit.

You cannot try to do a story about balance and learning peaceful co-existince at the same time as a good/evil dichotomy.

They got absolutely nothing right.

Korra honestly wasn't terrible, the writting it's self sucked ass along with them trying to cash in on the shippers. The whole series woulda been at least 40% better without the romance bullshit.

I'd very happily watch a movie about him

the only good part of season 2

yes
hes a guy we need more guys in cartoons hopefully he is not numale

sure you can if you reveal the evil to actually just be negative/opposing to "good" but has its necessity. Basically the opposite of what happened before.

I am dumbfounded that this ISN'T how Korra solved the conflict at the end of Book 2.

It would have maintained the balance theme, tied in to her letting the human and spirit worlds live together, and most importantly it would have fit the plot of her constantly trying to follow others' path for the Avatar. With all the past lives gone, she'd have to come to her own conclusions, and being able to see that Vaatu isn't actually "evil" and blending him with Raava would have fit perfectly.

looks gayer than voltron characters somehow

>the adventures of an average dude and his loyal deer panther, accompanied by the Female God of Good, on a quest to defeat the Male God of Evil

nah, I disagree. The show would of been more boring. The shipping buillshit gave people a reason to even discuss about the show. All the other plots within the show was dealt pretty shitty.
Like the top main villains that Korra had to face is one example.

This should have been the show in the first place

Female protagonist acting like men are just toxic

No, we all know his story ends in tragedy and all his efforts in vain. What? You think giving him a waifu and kids prior to those will change anything or make as value his character more?

His existence shouldn't have been animated and merely relegated into a mythology and hearsay to make the Avatar's existence mysterious, even divine.

But then this is the same series where we are introduced with the literal spirits of good and evil.

But are men acting like men, or acting like humans? Where does man end and woman begin? Are you suggesting unisex behavior does not exist?

If you cannot answer all of those questions well, maybe you should think about it.

Nigga that's whole books worth of shit on the whats and what not's you want dumped into a Sup Forums post.

Would prefer that he wasn't expanded upon or even created for that matter. Season 2 was lore rape

he ruined everything and fuck lion turtles. people only liked his arc because korra was that shit.

Diversity writers

Hey there tumblr, still mad over the elections?
You know what cartoons need less? They need less you

It begins at a genetically level
I don't know what you mean by unisex behavior, most differences between men and women aren't even behavioral they are phisical
>Men acting like men or acting like humans
Regardless of what tumblr taught you men are humans

Hell no. I hated him enough after two episodes.

She wasn't unlikable.

Korra herself is far from the main problem.

I found her unlikable. Something about her and its not even the hurr female thing, kyoshi was great and so are the majority of the other female characters. Something about korra though left a bad taste in my mouth and every episode that focused on side characters instead felt so much better for it.

Probs not, but could probably work as a mini series. I'd rather have one about the Hundred Year War or Yang Chen/Kyoshi.

She was a whiny bitch for a lot of her series, which is probably why you got bad aftertaste. Kyoshi was a badass.

She had the biggest glass jaw since that Punch Out game, couldn't dodge for shit, and then refused to learn how to airbend properly like the previous avatar. Which you know, might have been interesting, as we haven't actually seen an avatar learn airbending.

Note to series writers; if you create a sequel to a series you wrote, and it isn't quite as good as the original, don't have your new protagonist shit on the skills of the old one. It doesn't exactly make your series more likeable.

That, and TLK in general followed the most pointless plot threads, while ignoring actual interesting ones. Yes we get it, mako isn't a retarded police officer and he's having relationship problems, we don't need half a series dedicated to it. You've literally brought up the paragons of good and evil, the original avatar, the purpose of the lionturtles, the water tribe allowing women to waterbend, spirit excorcism, and the master of spirituality being unable to go to the spirit world (which is bullshit by the way). Talk some more about that.

This is ignoring all the inter book related enemies, such as why the red lotus disappeared when only 5 guys got locked up, why the spirit vines are such dicks, why the spirits aren't forcing humanity into sanctuary like they did last time, why Mako's firebending keeps getting weaker (no seriously, check out that scene when they're on the train, it's literally comparable to when Zuko went on his own spiritual journey) or why Jinora is a spiritual savant despite putting in squat work.

>and the master of spirituality being unable to go to the spirit world
This pissed me off so much on about three different fronts; Jinora pulling the skill out of her ass first time she tries, Tenzin who actually knows his shit being completely blocked, and Korra for some reason needing a tour guide to get into the spirit world despite Jinora not actually doing anything different whatsoever from Tenzin to somehow allow Korra to get through.
Nobody else needed a guide to get in, did they? Not Zaheer, not Aiwe. Unalaq could probably have done it before he even learned to talk.

After Korra and the ATLA comics, I never want to see an Avatar continuation ever again

Isn't that the guy whose inclusion in the canon ruined a bunch of interesting aspects of the Avatar universe?

> The domain of the Spirits is bright, colorful, and filled with quirky characters, in contrast to the eerie, antediluvian atmosphere it had in AtLA.

> Bending is a gift from lionturtles. Deus ex Lionturtle bullshit is one aspect of the original show that many people thought was a mistake. I don't know enough about Asian mythologies to suggest a better alternative, but perhaps this should have been one mystery that remained unsolved.

> The good carpet versus evil carpet dichotomy. Ying and Yang is a concept drawn upon in AtLA for the moon and ocean spirits, the execution was significantly more competent too.

I didn't like her because she got jobbed every 5 seconds and it made her hard to take seriously.

The problem wasn't her character, but how she was written. That fucking love triangle was the final nail in the coffin for me.

> Bending is a gift from lionturtles
This is a majorly misinterpreted bit.
The Lionturtles give people the power over the elements, but it's as crude throwing fireballs or puffs of air and whatnot, the actual bending art comes from how people observed their environments and animals, , mimiced their movements and turned that crude power into proper martial forms like long jets of fire or using gusts of air to move things about.
It's that distinction between the crude use of elements and the more martial arts styling that makes bending bending instead of "I cast fireball"

Case in point, there is a distinct scene during Wan's training montage where he is doing the Dragon Dance, complete with background dragon, after which his fire powers are shown to be clearly superior.

>Just why was Korra such an unlikable person and how did they get her so wrong when they got so much else right?

I knew she was going to be shit when she magically knew how to bend three elements at age 4 with no teachers. Meanwhile Aang was a child prodigy for learning airbender at age 11, earliest in their recorded history.

They basically carpet bombed the lore with really shitty retcons.

Instead of bending being a genetic disposition that had to be mastered as a martial arts over the course of many years with the first benders having learned from the moon/dragons/bison/badgers, they were just "granted" the power and were able to do it immediately.

Instead of the Avatar being a mystery since the dawn of time, they were instead just an average person whose powers were granted by a spiritual tapeworm.

Also the avatar state got a huge fucking nerf for no explainable reason. It used to be the power and knowledge of all the past lives working being summoned to make the avatar into almost a literal god. youtube.com/watch?v=9uajGvehGs4 Korra made it instead the power of "Raava" aka the spirit tapeworm and the power that was granted was tiny, regularly trumped by random bender enemies.

Also Korra never talked to her past lives for guidance. Why? Oh she doesn't have a good connection to her spiritual self. Why? Never explained.

Oh I also forgot that the spirits no longer look like animals (as they showed with asian mythology) unless they are evil. Now they are just Miyazaki ripoffs.

>Korra made it instead the power of "Raava" aka the spirit tapeworm and the power that was granted was tiny, regularly trumped by random bender enemies.
>Also Korra never talked to her past lives for guidance
You know these two things are probably connected, right? If she can't communicate with her past lives it makes sense she'd be pretty shitty at channeling their power to boot.

>people only liked his arc because korra was that shit.

This. Korra is such a bad protagonist that she makes everyone else around her look good.

Ironically the avatar with the shittiest spiritual connection to both her past lives and the spirit realm somehow is the only avatar to know and connect with the so called original spirit of order at the beginning of the avatar.

You can't make Korra "spiritually lacking" and then make a huge connection that escaped hundreds of avatars including Aang.

Not to mention that whole episode where she learned about Raava was some soap opera lazy trope "amnesia" writing where she was laid in spirit water and was just "granted" knowledge in a flashback.

Why the fuck did she need amnesia to learn about Raava if she never knew about her in the first place? And what the fuck was the dark spirit that was processing her when she washed up on the island? All they say is that she's being processed and will die unless we connect her to her avatar self again. Why? No one knows.

Aang lost his connection because he essentially died and came back to live in the avatar state and only when he lucked out and Ozai stabbed him in the spine did the chakra gate unlock. And it was only to use the avatar state.

Korra loses her connection in a storm to an unnamed spirit that somehow severed her connection. How? Did it also lock a chakra gate? Did she die and come back? They never say. They just say "Oh she's lost her connection and will die unless we restore her connection." Then she's laid in spirit water and watches a movie in her head and regains her power and somehow gains more spiritual

Comparing those two scenes of Korra and Aang makes it really fucking obvious how shitty Korra is.

Don't forget her mumbling Rava as they carry her to the temple. you know, the thing neither her or anyone else in the world or her past dozen and dozens of lives knew anything about

also the fact that the first avatar is called Won is really really shitty writing. I mean making his name a pun is so stupid

I rather have an anthology series about the Avatars throughout the ages.

Nah Korra was a really unlikeable character from start to finish
They wanted to make the opposite of aang but couldn't figure out what made Korra a good person.

She was the problem with the series imo
I think every problem with the writing was born from her actions and character motivations which were the weakest for a show from the pedigree like atla

And it doesn't even make a lot of sense for her to be a foil for aang. It's not like she's an earthbender. The fact that the water avatar learned fire effortlessly as a little child before she could even fucking read throws all their logic about their world our the window.

>The whole series woulda been at least 40% better without the romance bullshit

That's the fucking truth. They either should have dropped it all together or left her with Mako like they originally intended. The worst part is that they decided to pander to their tumblr fanbase at the end of these season and then called anybody who criticized their decision homophobic.

They did.

It's called Voltron: Legendary Defender.

>Meanwhile Aang was a child prodigy for learning airbender at age 11, earliest in their recorded history.

What are you, retarded? He was the earliest master, not the youngest airbender. ATLA had flashbacks showing other airbending kids Aang's age and younger doing the air scooter.

Obligatory E;R post

youtu.be/W5gGEWqO_Ag
youtu.be/jm1S3OwCpJo
youtu.be/7xcVv-m4fmU

>he is doing the Dragon Dance, complete with background dragon, after which his fire powers are shown to be clearly superior
wait, hold up, I just realized that it was them dragons that taught fire benders how bending worked. same for the other elements.
so where do the lionturtles come into play again?

Lionturtles give the basic power to use elements, animals teach people the correct forms to actually make them effective.