Ghost Busters

So just how much did this one lose for sony?
It literally ended careers and destroyed what should have been a 'sure thing' franchise.
Is it as bad as the trailer was? Worth torrenting in a so bad it's good kinda way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NWwezKSdjZg
youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw&t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8
youtu.be/QSFL6znlxb4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the male crew is laying cable and hanging lights while the girls take a big group picture for the internet

or doing photo ops with cancer kids who have no fuckin idea what ghost busters even is. Remember this is before the movie even came out.
They spent about 200 mill just marketing this trash

Leslie Jones looks so out of place, and not because she's black.

>Is it as bad as the trailer was?
Yes

>Worth torrenting in a so bad it's good kinda way?
No

Almost bankrupted them. This film alone cost them a 70 million loss. The one responsible, amy pascal, is still in charge because sony execs are absolute buffoons

wonder what the actual promo budget was? must have been a lot

The dialog was mostly improvised. And yeah, a lot of the lines on the original were stuff that Murray or Ramis or Akroyd thought up on the spot. But this movie followed the method of "ok, the scene is a job interview. go" then let the actors improvise for up to a couple hours at a time, then tried to make something funny out of it in editing. But while, say, Harold Ramis could improvise in character and say things someone like Egon would actually say, all of the characters just say shit with no rhyme or reason. It's not funny and there is no effort. And almost the whole movie is like that.

And it's a straight remake, with nothing really clever about it.

Doesn't matter when you do everything you can before release to ostracise everyone, especially those with an audience themselves, like AVGN.
They thought muh strong womyn would be enough to fill seats and earn a profit as a blow to the patriarchy.
They miscalculated how the real world is beyond their little bubble.

This was before even a trailer had been released

Apparently they are going ahead with a 2019 animation but are dropping the feminist cast.
Probably going to find the damage is already done

shes literally Harambe

>why are the janitors here?

Those are the best particle physicists and engineers in the world

reminds me of hunting photos

They probably could have made a good film if they hadn't gone political with it

The hilarious part is when you realise in the entire expanded image, maybe about three of them had creative control in the project.
So what they're saying is that women have the power to get ordered around by men

Paul Feig is a literal SJW faggot.
It was doomed from the get go

Looking forward to the upcoming Oceans Eight all female cast, I'm sure it'll be a blast and a real block buster.
Then the all female 'lord of the flies' reboot.

Do these morons never learn?

>But while, say, Harold Ramis could improvise in character and say things someone like Egon would actually say, all of the characters just say shit with no rhyme or reason.
Probably the key reason there.
If you took the script of the original ghostbusters and removed the names, 9/10 you could tell which character was speaking regardless.
Do the same with the sequel, and about the only two you could distinguish would probably be Chris and Leslie

>stewie pillow
seth mcfarlane was never in a ghosbusters reboot, and thus, never made this boy's dying wish come true. all because the farce of sjws

>It literally ended careers and destroyed what should have been a 'sure thing' franchise.
Yep, SJWs and hardcore feminists who are in power can have that effect.

>Worth torrenting in a so bad it's good kinda way?

no its not, I did just that. it made me pissed off after watching it

Poor kid doesn't even care. Shoulda brought in Spiderman.

Fuck that's sad.

It was nice to see at least one blue haired feminist and her pegged bf supporting the flick they took a big cancerous shit on, and killed tho

Well yeah, that goes without saying

feels good

sjw's hate Seth Mcfarlane. They call him a racist

the blonde and the brunette with the white shirt have nice feet

It was really nice of Mattel to LIE about how well the female Ghostbuster toy line was doing to save face.

>in an empty screen for Ghostbusters and this fella and his bird come sit right by us...
Why would you even bring your falcon to Ghostbusters?

>Leslie Jones
Jesus fuck that thing is not human
youtube.com/watch?v=NWwezKSdjZg

Scott Thompson was in Ghostbusters?
Maybe they didn't lie because they had absolutely no expectations

>exceeded expectations
Meaning someone actual bought a very small number before they bargain binned.

Is the little girl dead? Are they there preemptively to catch her ghost? Why is he wearing such a morbid shirt to visit dying people, I figured meeting those 4 was bad enough.

How exactly is this guy straight? Who marries this?

Well they only said it exceeded expectations. So they could've gone in expecting the line to fail.

It's not horrendous, it's just a run if the mill flick. Their downfall was doing the whole "if you don't watch this movie you hate women" thing.

I always thought there was some sinister comedy at play with these photos. Like the ghostbusters waiting for the kids to die so they could trap their ghosts

No, it was below average. Fell flat, especially because of the legacy it was trying to live up to.
A failure.

>tfw designated shooter but no targets

Is Feig officially out of the closet gay? It seems blatantly obvious that he is, from his focus on women-themed movies, to his desire to wear a full suit no matter what he's doing, but I've never heard anyone outright call him gay.

>Leslie Jones Hacked, Nude Photos Leaked

I'm reporting you if you dare post them

Theyre not even that terrible. Her tits arent even that bad for a gorilla of her size and shape.

He's a fag! There, now you've heard somebody say it. Here's Paul Fag and his mother-I mean wife.

What a bizarre marketing campaign they had. I would call it genius had it worked.
>release a trailer purposely aimed at creating a negative backlash
>delete critical comments, leave sexist comments in order to create a narrative
>proceed to tell people that if they want to beat sexism they need to see the movie
And it somewhat worked, people really took the message to heart. I still know people who admit the movie isn't that great but they pretend to like it because the opposite is being sexist. Unfortunately for Sony, they over-estimated how many people are useful idiot feminists who would pay to see a movie purely for political ends.

>smdh

Someone shoop paco in this nigger's place

christ you weren't joking

>release a trailer purposely aimed at creating a negative backlash
I don't think the trailer was intended to create backlash, it was just really, really bad. It showed the flick for the piece of shit that it was.
See for yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw&t=10s

Is Jackman secretly in the closet too?

>secretly

About as secret as Spacey was

Of course

>1 mil dislikes

wew

There are something like 46 million male sci-fi fans in American alone.
Probably not a good idea to insult them as part of marketing for your gender politics sjw lecture of a movie

this

if ol'bill wasn't so embarrassed by his 80's acting, we could have had a proper 3. but if this is all there is, then it's......ok, as far as ok movies go. i LOVED the first movies and the cartoons(yes, even the one with tracy) and wasn't even close to the levels of butthurtedness that my fellow fans had for this movie. damn, then they kept the hurt goin by ramming each other's asses repeatedly. i mean, just read this thread.....

Who the fuck was she sending them to? And why? Naked selfies are a younger generation thing, she's pushing 40

spamming the ass ram slam is just as bad as circle jerking.

Amy is still in charge because she knows where the pedos hid the kids bodies

youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

just replace space jam with ass ram

A butch lesbian in a fake marriage?

No, it's a narcissism thing.

It was fine. Decent movie. People only loved/hated it because it was all women, and because it was a remake of their meme nostalgia movie. 6/10.

I went to see it alone on opening weekend. 'Give it a chance' I thought, 'It can't be that bad'. It was. But I can't pin the blame on the four main actors, every thing wrong ith that movie is the directors fault. Flat script, bad FX, bad editing, the full works. The obviously ripped out dance sequence, the awful slapstick comedy, the end battle that sets up a battle in the city and then splits the actors up to fight special effects on smoky sound stages.

Fucking terrible and deserved to flop.

I like how Fieg threw a tantrum because the dance number didn't work out

b8

I just cant figure out how he was given a special effects movie, he has zero talent in dealing with them. The last act was so fucking bad and the whole thing had a mid 90s Casper CGI glow to it.

>Ghostbusters!
>Pick up or delivery?

>it is as bad as the trailer?

Way worse. Imagine its so retarded they cant even translate some lines in a different language than the one who gave birth to feminism (for example there is no vaginal fart joke in italian because the average italian would immediatly stop watching something that retarded and disgusting). And keep in mind the dialogues were the strong part of the movie considering the cgi is cartoonish level, action parts are boring as hell and the acting is kindergarden-tier. I felt physically bad for Chris Hemsworth bc I liked him as actor (loved him in Rush).

The only enjoyable part of the movie was the credits with Chris H. character dance.

>The only enjoyable part of the movie was the credits with Chris H. character dance.
It's funny how in his female led comedies the male is always funnier

youtu.be/QSFL6znlxb4

Any info about this?

I pirated it. Got about 15 minutes and 8 "I'm female so it's hilarious when I'm vulgar and I fart and shit and barf" jokes in before turning it off.

yeah I feel kinda bad for all the actresses because they tried to make this train wreck work but it didn't

and its not their fault really

I liked this movie as a standalone thing, I enjoyed watching it and laughed a few times. The effects were great.
But they really, really shouldn't have treated it as a reboot. By placing it as a side-quel, possibly having them find the old, original Ghostbusting franchise documents that Venkman etc. drew up and jumping on board would've been better.

>The effects were great.

Would someone ACTUALLY go to the cinemas to watch this movie twice?

As in, even if you had drunk enough of the koolaid to think this movie is "important" would you actually sit through it twice, or would you just buy the ticket and do something else the second time?

I can't find it now, but behind the scenes reports was he broke down crying on set because it wasn't working out. The entire sequence cost a fuckton to make and they spent even more trying to fit it onto the DVD release

>“He’s so handsome and nice and talented, and on top of it, now he’s funny as hell and he can dance?” mused Feig. “There’s nothing the man can’t do, and it’s really upsetting.”

Fieg on Hemsworth.

I'm sure there was some kind of feminist campaign to give it a box office boost

I thought they were good

yeah, i think they were going for the aesthetic of the first two, but with a shiny future gloss.

>secretly

Sad pard the Kevin character isnt even funny...its simply retarded. "Im not listeni g!" *put his hands on eyes to cover it* this is not a funny character this is a retard beyond possibility of surviving without support in a realistic setting. Its cartoon-tier retard...like a movie about Wile Coyote and Road Runner but with real people.

>when mum drops you off at the formal

Is the head supposed to look completely unrelated to the body?

Still shit those faggots worked the female crew into the comics. They just had to make sure to shit something up permanently.

/toy/ user reporting in.

When the manufacturer reports sales, they're reporting the amount of stock ordered and paid for by Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, mom and pop stores, etc. Not actual sales at point of retail.

I have a friend who is a life long GB fan. He had blinders on for this shit. Started buying every GB licensed product they put out for the movie thinking they would be collectibles. Now he has a room full of shit we dont talk about like cases of ecto cooler with Harmabe on them. He was so pissed when I criticized the film before it came out that he quit talking to me until 3 months afterwards. Said I was trying to burst his bubble. Needless to say I got my apology. Now we are doing the whole thing again with that abortion of a New Mutants film.

>GIRL POWER
>they literally remade a movie that a man created and men produced and directed

If they wanted to impress anyone then they should have come up with their own shit

lol, you sound like a good friend

Most of them are man. A lot of straight dudes dont want to play dress up and wear makeup.

Good. Cant wait for such hits as Men In Black/21 Jump Street crossover. All the kids have been clamoring for it.