Stop watching Kubrick's The Shining

Stop watching Kubrick's The Shining

I read The Stand and thought it was good at the start and got progressively worse across the three books. Then I started reading IT and it seemed like the same shit. Why is this guy held in such high esteem?

FFFFUUUCCK YOU STEVE!!

Kubrick's Shining is so much better than the book. It is one of if not the only movie that I think is better than the book it's based on. T

If you see the movie and then read the book, the ending in the book is so fucking stupid that it will hurt your feelings. And I've seen or read some interview about how Stephen King hates the movie. Steve needs to keep his fucking mouth shut and just keep writing.

King's books could be condensed down to one third their size(at least) and still say the same thing.

The Stand in 3 books? Are you sure? I'm looking at The Stand on my shelf right now and although it's ridiculously long, it's only 1 book.

Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to Castle Rock desu

Why the recent resurgence? How many TV and film adaptations has he had over the past few years? 6 or 7? Where has this newfound King fire come from? Nostalgia?

Kubrick warned us about the Illuminati. You are likely one of them, King.

He had 4 films and two TV shows this year alone.

Go do another line you hack! You're last books were nothing but checkout line fodder.

My book was the same way but it's divided into 3 units. I assumed that it was 3 books put into one volume but I'm probably wrong about that now that I looked into it.

They'd probably be much better. King has moments of brilliance but his work is mostly filler.

the japanese do this with books that are suffciently long

It's internally divided into 3 parts/books

I've read quite a lot of King's works
His books are more about the journey rather than the destination, and he is amazing at that, nobody cares about the endings anyway

Oz started it, Sopranos got the ball rolling, and Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are keeping it going; but people want to get involved in a story that grows based on its characters and their actions. New shows that are more intimate with its characters keep popping up and are getting lots of viewers. TV and Netflix have revived that and people are watching those shows more than the retard level capeshit big boom CGI movies in theaters.

Stephen King books are heavily based on the characters and the "fluff" in his books is primarily character development that gets you hooked into the story. So of course his stories would see a resurgence in popularity when the majority of movies are nothing but eye candy.

try his short stories. way better.

he's been more politically active.

>Stop being a conservative.

>stop watching the superior version
Fuck you, King, you're nothing but mere pulp garbage 10 year olds jerk all over.

The only thing worth reading of his is It and his truly good book, Misery. The rest is just garbage and anyone who cares about horror should go to Lovecraft or Poe and continue from there.

>this
Stephen King is a great writer when it comes to novellas and short stories. Most of his endeavors in that regard are from decent to great, even recently. His long fiction is where his issues with pacing start to show (without getting into his pill, alcohol or van issues). That said, I read Revival a year or so ago and was pleasantly surprised.

OK short eyes

And we have a winner.

No. He consistently had movies adapted from he and his pen name Richard Bachman for the last 40 years.

My nostalgia lies with old King. He was absolutely graphic about everything from sex to racism and death. His regional characters oozed personality for better or worse. All this stopped in Needful Things. Sure there are good books after, but old coked up King was the man.

Did you know that the Shining was a critical failure among Kubie's biggest fans at the time? King was hot shit and Kubrick disappointed lots of people, who thought it was closer to a faithful adaption, but that wasn't the only fault.

After this and Barry Lyndon, lots of critics back then thought Kubrick was making some shitty movies. With the advent of movie rentals the Shining became a cult favorite. Everybody remembers it from their childhood.

Now that the old guard critics are long dead, their cinematic tastes and proclivities are no longer voiced. Remember after Ebert died and there was a void in people's popular critical comfort zone?

Well after that old collection of critics who watched Kubie growing up were gone. All that was left to voice the opinion of the Shining was fans and essentially the fans took over the mantle and declared the Shining a masterpiece. Which it is in a directorial sense, but it wasn't always so.

This happens to all older films that are hated by critics but gain cult-like status among its fans. Blade Runner, The Thing, Kubrick films and so on.

This is also why a film like Batman v Superman will be more fondly remembered than any other capeshit this decade. Its fans are dedicated as fuck, whereas fans of other capeshit are just casually enjoying and then forgetting the films.

Probably just mad it didn't have an underage gangbang.

Misery was the worst movie to watch tripping ever.

Read Misery instead of those. It's good.

>Its fans are autistic as fuck
fixed

>Misery was the worst movie to watch tripping ever.
nigger what the fuck were you thinking

>just wanted to keep her husbando to herself
Is she /our/ gal?

Fuck if I know man. Time Bandits was pretty fucking great though.

Jaws was better as a movie. Book sucked.

The old saying "there is no accounting for taste is true", I'm not even sure I Iike most most movies that are considered masterpieces. Why lie to yourself and pretend to enjoy something because it's expected of you?

I have a somewhat already proven example of what I think you are saying. 80s action flicks. Popular and fondly remembered among lots of people, but they never hit that critical mark and I'm pretty sure they didn't intend to.

>anyone who cares about horror should go to Lovecraft or Poe and continue from there