Cgi rachel

Is she the best cgi human created so far? Better than that rogue one embarrassment that's for sure

how come nobody ever mentions Paul Walker in Furious 7?

It's the most realistic looking one

link to article/video?

You must be joking

Hahahahahahah

Any videos? Can't judge without seeing it in motion.

Apparently Sean went to the set to watch this all happen. Must be weird seeing some tech geeks try to recreate a younger version of you in 3D to look as realistic as possible.
I bet they had a nude-mod too.

The skin was credible but mouth and eyes still look a bit weird

So if Sean Young dies as Fisher did will they stop doing this to living people?

I was thoroughly impressed. It was much better than Princess Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One. Maybe it's because that the lighting went really well with it.

Nah, women get flattered by it and love it

t. made a 3d model for crush and she loved it

Da fug, I thought it was a different actress with makeup made to look like Sean Young. So yeah, pretty damn good lighting and shading, it's just the facial features didn't seem quite spot on. Miles better than CG Leia though.

>it was CGI
I honestly thought it was a younger actress.

That was CGI?

her face is jiggly when she walks like they stapled it onto some mocap and can't quite match the head movements.

This is what happens when you give a good director a big budget. The CG and practical mix in the film was practically seamless

They were smart enough to go full CGI in an environment where the fucked-up lighting could be used to it's advantage. Rogue One fucked up because they tried just dumping digi-Cushing in a sterile flatly-lit room where nothing could be hidden

I thought it was a lookalike actress. I still felt there was something uncanny about her, but my mind didn't go to CGI. So pretty good.

Well I thought that it looked like good CGI when I saw it, not that it looked like a real person.

>tfw no horrific HR Giger looking gf

The Las Vegas set was obviously a miniature but I loved it anyway.

lmao this looks like anime

Or does anime look like Blade Runner?

This.

Too bad they probably won't make that budget back.

I'm really worried about what the implications of this being a (box office) flop will be for Dune.

I presumed it had to be CG, but I recognized it for pretty damned good CG.

why did they need a spooky skeleton model inside her

is it because they knew people wouldn't be able to fap to it once they found out?

>I'm really worried about what the implications of this being a (box office) flop will be for Dune.
It could be saved by major awards. Like 4-5 Oscars with at least one in Best Director/Best Movie etc.

The original Blade Runner was a flop too, it won't get (or need) further sequels but I imagine the studio is banking on the cult-following factor giving it decent returns once it makes it onto Netflix/bluray

And Dune is never going to be anything but a flop. Half of the books are shit like "While she was talking her left eyelid twitched 0.5493 microns and her nostrils dilated 0.67 millimeters, which Paul immediately understood to mean she was lying". It's impossible to effectively translate into a visual format.

cmon now dude

It's going to be funny when normies all of sudden flock to this films defense when it gets nominated for a bunch of awards

What's that Hairdo called, the Uncanny Valley?

The scene you described could be easily shown.

Subsurface scattering. Although you can tell the light how to behave when it hits skin it's much more realistic if you actually have layers beneath that can deflect/reflect the light rather than just an empty shell.

Clearly you've never read any of the books. It's impossible to effectively translate your autism into words.

the absolute state of cinema. can't create anything fucking new anymore

As long as people keep paying to see the same old stuff Hollywood will never change, why should they? They're in business to make money, not good films.

>As long as the Chinese keep paying to see the same old stuff Hollywood will never change

fixed. American audiences are willing to reject Hollywood's horseshit but (((globalism))) makes Hollywood's own home market irrelevant now

>overly emotive faces because animators can't do the basics of expression still
>nostrils flaring
>eyes and nose twitching erratically

its like they didnt even bother looking at the first movie's scene, her face was flat expressionless and suave that was the entire point , she could beat the test because she sat there with a poker face

fucking this shit was bad in the movie

I wonder if it has a real chance at those, though. I mean, it should, but the Academy is notoriously shy of SciFi, and the lack of prominent minority actors or crew in it may prove a problem in the current climate.

The original was a flop because the studio fucked it up badly (the critics didn't like it on release, either), and it took a decade before it started to get any real appreciation. Here we have a film that is critically-acclaimed, and has high ratings from audiences that actually saw it, but still didn't generate enough of a buzz to make money. So it's not quite the same situation.

And yes, Dune may be an inevitable flop, but I'm just hoping that this flopping doesn't cause them to shy away from a long running time and a decent effects budget for it (it needs both: half of the problem with the 1984 version is that the studio hacked it down to 136 minutes, from Lynch's planned three hours). I expect Villeneuve will pull out if he's convinced he can't do justice to it.

did you create a 3d model of a black man for her too?

better than this scene?

Still impressive

Sadly, this.

I mean, a masterpiece like this got out-drawn on its second weekend by fucking Happy Death Day.

the fucking entirety of Dune Messiah is the conspirators simultaneously saying three different things to one another with spice perception, the fundamental operation of the universe the books are based on is way too subtle to work properly outside of the books. Otherwise it just becomes a generic sci-fi political saga.

The soft lighting helped
Rogue One had that garish white lighting to make leia and tarkin look super uncanny

I guess it fits the scene, I mean she is a phoney.

no its called bad animating, you retard

The "Rachael" CGI looked like complete shit.

Christ you're autistic

>is supposed to be such a convincing replicant that she believes herself to be human
>yet she behaves so obviously like a replicant that even needing to test her in the first place seems ridiculous

I hate that there's so much shit like this in the original's plot that prevents me from loving it

No, but I think the Rachael CG would have been much harder to create.

Post some examples of good CG user, please I need to know

How about some shitty CGI, instead?

good movies don't use CG actors

Different user and he hit all the reasons I thought it was obvious cgi. They overcanimate eyelids and lips

lol

just as bad as the CGI Laura in Twin Peaks s3

B-but Villeneuve gave the visual effects guys a full year, and limited rachels shots to avoid criticism like rogue one got for it's use of cgi :/

Oh my god those eyes

>CGI
uhhh..

Kek

>I bet they had a nude-mod too.
knowing Sean, she fucking loved that.

I legit had no idea this was CGI until I was told.
I distinctly remember thinking "Damn, the actress they got to play her looks EXACTLY like Rachel"
Like, CGI wasn't even on my mind.
That's the fist time that's ever happened to me

young Laura in episode 17 wasn't cgi?

also it was made by professionals, not mid tier interns that got the intership after blowing some fat smelly faggot.

>That quality
Embarassing

it was just a make up and lighting, get your shit together
>lynch having money for cgi

It was old footage I bet. Fire Walk With Me was for preparation of two other movies that followed and episode 17 can be seen as an old plot idea finally coming to light. I bet they never intended Cooper to be ancient at this point, but they reused the scenes nicely.

Do mind Missing Pieces wasn't all of the scenes deleted from Fire Walk With Me. Production on Twin Peaks season 3 only started due to that old footage being wrestled from some European production company in the first place.

There was something off, to me it was the orientation of the eyebrows. Also her face looked a bit elongated. But it didn't really matter since she was just a non human clone.

I thought the eyes and lips looked fine but I did notice some odd movement in her upper left brow that didnt look like realistic movement but other than that it was great cgi. Wonder why the picked brown eyes

What the fuck, I thought it was a lookalike actress which they fixed with make up.

in all seriousness everyone posting "HAHAHA XDXD" probably never noticed that they did it for about half the film

yeah some of it looks shit but some of it's pretty seamless

yes there are parts with floaty head and shit but literally find a flaw in webm related

the only reason this one even could be considered successful was the fact that the face really didn't change expressions except for when it talked
the talking part did not look good

the sad thing is that this scene is more heartfelt than anything in nuBladeRunner

Only because you know the guy is dead, which has nothing to do with the movie itself, idiot.

They might've planned that originally and dropped the idea after a screentest or something.

His head is fading into nothing at the wrong spot for the angle. They got really lazy blending the top of his head because it's dark there but it's jarring when you look at after the regular Vin.

absolute bullshit

be more insecure that your shitty movie of the month is less memorable than Fast and Furious 7

wtf, she was literally entirely cgi? i thought a real woman acted and they just cgi'd her face.

>wonder why they picked brown eyes

>Fast and Furious 7
says the guy who watches Fast and Furious, and did up until the seven installment and probabaly to the 8th.
Brain dead moron who thinks he can judge quality.

imagine being such a retard that you think that watching the Blade Runner 2 cash in sequel allows you to criticize anyone else for their movie watching habits

What? I thought she was another actress

>the Blade Runner 2 cash in sequel
>watched 8 movies called Fast and Furious
>Thinks he's watching kino not cash grabbing Hollywood garbage
You have the same taste as the average chinaman. Furious 8 is the 3d highest grossing film of all time in China.

or maybe because it's not fucking Disney, who are lazy as fuck and don't really put any effort into their movies because they already know they will be financially successful

I've seen both and I'd rank neither in any "great" movie category. Only Sup Forums plebs think that being better than a Vin Diesel movie makes something great.

why are you quoting me

I was genuinely impressed. I didn't know it was coming and had no idea how they did it at the time. I assumed anti aging of the real actress. Genuinely impressive.

They explain in the movie why they picked brown

This was a well done scene. I realized only after the movie Douglas was CGIed younger.

Young Colin Firth in Kingsman 2 also didn't look bad

LOL THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

No it wasn't.

I'm with , it was impressive but i didn't believe for a second that she was a real actress. But still, does it matter? It's still a great use of technology that served its purpose and looked good enough, i didn't mind Tarkin in Rogue One either (Leia was ugly tho)

I think he was talking about the drone sequence. as if they were gonna build a whole city...

>she could bet the test because she sat there with a poker face

but she didnt beat the test in the original movie ya fuckin retard

This isn't just stock footage?
Because Paul Walker looked exactly the same from movie to movie.