We all agree this is better than the original right?

We all agree this is better than the original right?

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/media/dBDw.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, it's better in many ways.

No. People will watch Blade Runner in 20 years but this movie will be forgotten before the decade ends.

No, it's weaker in many ways

webm.land/media/dBDw.webm

>this movie will be forgotten before the decade ends.
t. roastie
What's a matter sweetie you scared that you're gonna get replaced by man made waifus?

It objectively is, in any way you want to look at it.
Yet, some nostalgia fags will lie to themselves to a point where they will actually debate that fact, as absurd and ridiculous as it sounds. Do not engage with them, they live in their own mind world where Scott is a better director than Villeneuve, there is no hope, just shed a tear and move on

Literally the only reason people still care about the original Blade Runner is that the visuals were revolutionary at that time. Now, in the present day with all the technological advancements we've made, there will never be a movie that 'Revolutionizes' anything. It's all been done.

this fits too well

>the original movie will be remembered because it was revolutionary
>but the new movie did nothing new so it's better
choke on a cock

Might be. My initial reaction after 2049 would've been "Hell no!", but the more I think about it, the more I appreciate it. I'd love to rewatch it, but I don't really have the time to go to an IMAX again.

It retained everything I love about the original and fixed everything that stopped me from loving the original outright. Fight me.

>but the new movie did nothing new so it's better
Literally never said that. It does handle a bunch of things better than the Original though

>a real human being

it...works

Whoa

No. Interlinked.

no, your dad's blade runner is still better, same goes for the star wars movies
find something of your own, kids

But my dad hasn't seen Blade Runner. Neither has yours.

It's not even as good as people here make it out to be and has nothing on the original.

Do you not have feelings?

One question, did he dieied?

god damn, i want to make movies that feel like this.

looking forward to when this actually gets released and someone makes it proper

Yes

Original looks better and sounds better. 2049 is better than most movies in these regards, but the Inception horns are already outdated.

The other elements hold up better.

Amazing

The original is a classic with truly original setpieces, next level production values and an UNGODLY soundtrack by Vangelis that pretty much created entire musical genres. Rutger Hauer gave one of the best performances ever on screen. Only drawback was the lack of a mystery that makes the viewer glued to his screen, its straightforwardness combined with the very slow pace kinda diminishes the viewing experience

This one however is much more emotional, feels more impactful, and is overall the better audiovisual experience thanks to pretty much the best cinematography that's ever been done on film, bar none. Only drawback was the soundtrack, Zimmer should really have taken a backseat, especially when the score was going to be compared to the original, which was infinitely better obviously.

Both movies are at least a 9/10 overall. I liked the second one more because it was much more emotionally poignant and left me having to collect myself by the end.

/blog

I just realized that the interior of Wallace's HQ is all lined with wood. That rich motherfucker.

damn I didn't think of that. He could buy the entire city with all that wood

This, too much going on. The original had only three important characters and the point of the story was Deckard's rediscovering his humanity in a sick world with the help of Rachel and Roy. It was set in a world full of interesting throwaway details and characters, steeped in atmosphere but the focus never wavered from the core story and the payoff at the end is total. Aside from Ridley Scott's unicorn shit in the Final Cut there's hardly a second in that movie that doesn't work toward that end. The new one is more like a bunch of really interesting ideas and themes, and some really cool visuals obviously. If the movie had had a tighter focus on the Ryan Gosling character's story it would have been better for it in my opinion. At the end I still had some questions, when I finish the original I just feel satisfied. Think of a symphony vs a really good jazz show. There's more stuff in the new one and it's delightful but the elegance of the original is more to my taste. New one's still my favorite movie in a while, a near ideal sequel honestly. Goose was great, Ana de Armas was great, Jared Leto was great, Harrison Ford was great and clearly believed in the movie, best acting from him I've seen in a while. Glad it exists. Maybe if they'd brought in David Peoples to trim the fat like he did on the first, I would've loved it the way I love that movie.

Also it had that weird Villeneuve editing rhythm I didn't like in Arrival though it wasn't as bad this time around. Minor issue.

>BUD DEN AGHHEEEN HU DUUUS
why does this guy act in a way where he's super emotive and dramatic as though he's part of the main cast when really it's just a small taxi chaffeur role who shouldn't be distracting?

he probably already owns the city, or most of the world

imagine being the only one capable of feeding your species

>If the movie had had a tighter focus on the Ryan Gosling character's story it would have been better for it in my opinion.
You're a brainlet if you think this and I've never used that stupid word before. You have to take a step back.

The movie tried so hard to make you feel sympathetic towards K. I felt nothing.

I don't know if this set is practical or CG or a combo of both, but it looks amazing

It was kinda like a bait and switch, but I enjoyed it. Harrison Ford's character took the reigns after he was introduced. You really aren't supposed to "feel" anything K did, that's literally the point. Everything you wanted to hear, everything you wanted to see.

The hallway is obviously CGI. The end of it is a blob of brown.

explain please

Definitely CG in the very back, look at the angle.

>rubber mannequins and simple wood
damn that is fucking "amazing"
Oh wait, no it isn't. It looks like something out of a tv show.

The original is a novel that will never be topped by hollywood hack cultural erasure.
>Ridley hack and Villeneuve try to make the setting their own and shit all over the original PKD novel with their style over substance "original" loose adaptions
The very definition of hack.

Denis Villeneuve said they were allowed to build all their sets. Of course there is CGI too, but everything merges smoothly.

It's not hard to be better than a movie directed by a self-destructive prick, starring an actor who hated every second he spent on set, and a female lead despised by everyone involved.

That actually elevates Blade Runner's status. Kinda like how Apocalypse Now turned out (I know they went through a lot more hell).

The movie wouldn't have been as good without the Joi arc, the Mariette arc, hell even the Madame arc. If you think it would have been better without those you are wrong.

It doesn't, it's not like Ford gave a great performance that's elevated through hardship.
Ford phoned it in, Sean Young was never good in any film ever, and Ridley Scott is a hack.

Rutger Hauer and to a lesser extent Daryl Hannah are the only substantive performances in the movie, and barring those the only thing else it has are the visuals.

This new one might as well have been called Drive 2049, but at least the director and the writer weren't in a blood feud over how it should end, and every actor wanted to be there. The visuals surpassed the original as well, but that's not much of an achievement considering it's three decades later.

If Blade Runner was a solid movie instead of a botched production, your point would be sound. I can't take any argument seriously if it in any way implies Harrison Ford's performance wasn't trash.

>reddit spacing this hard and discrediting the finished product just because of internal conflicts
Let's throw Apocalypse Now in the trash, too. The only redeemable parts of that movie are Sheen's acting and the cinematography. Brando's acting in that movie is like watching a sweaty fat pig begging for food.

I didn't have an issue with any of that stuff. Goose interacting with those three feminine archetypes for 2 hours could've been perfection. It was more Harrison Ford hijacking the movie (as much as I liked his performance) and too much plot in general.

this wasn't mean to be a character driven movie, just like the first one. it's all situational.

>reddit spacing
Nice meme, very current.

Regardless, you just proved my point. Sheen gave a great performance in Apocalypse Now, and he was the lead of the film.

If that scenario were applied to Blade Runner, Ford would've been great and Rutger Hauer would've been mediocre, which given his screen time and role would've have detracted much.

If Sheen was shit in Apocalypse Now and the Brando monologue was the best thing in it, it would be a general one-to-one with Blade Runner, but it's not. It's basically the opposite.

>It was more Harrison Ford hijacking the movie (as much as I liked his performance)
He came in like two hours in, it honestly didn't bother me, Joe was still the main character.

>too much plot in general.
Nigga there must be a full half hour of ambiant city shots in this movie.

>Calling people out for double spacing every sentence.
>Double spacing every sentence
user...

It also suffers from a shitty, bloated and almost completely ridiculous "redux" that's more a crime than any of the cuts of Blade Runner.

what u talking about nigga. My dad was all about 80s sci-fi.
Although im not the guy you were talking to, maybe you're buddies and you do know about his dad...

>Calling people out for double spacing every sentence.

Did you think I replied to myself?

yeah I definitely remember the last time I saw this type of stuff on tv. Oh wait, I don't.

Ok. Not exactly sure what you mean by situational but that's why I prefer the first one, like I said in my post. It's a concise philosophical argument for individualism presented via the change in one character over the course of the film as a result of his experiences. New one doesn't come together for me the same way though I still loved it.

But why did he remove all the windows?

what's there to see? LA is all smog/sleet

gotta say i prefer the subtlety of the original, it gives more to think about on rewatch, then again i havent rewatched this new one yet so i may be wrong

Because this paranoid fuck who owns half the fucking solar system probably lives deep within the pyramid. Wouldn't want to get slaughtered in a revolution or something. Outside these walls there's probably layers upon layers of armor and concrete. And then a couple thousand meters of offices and workshops and factories and living quarters before you reach the actual outer walls of the pyramid with windows.

The sequel will end up like Wings of Honneamise or possibly Forbidden Planet.

There will be an audience for the film but it's so slow that it will never be appreciated by the mainstream. Only people who love films and seek out films from this period will appreciate it.

I don't think it will inspire any future mainstream film makers. Film students barely watch black and white films let alone slow films.

I don't think it will be discussed in universities either because so much of its influences are due in part to The Dark Knight - 2049 is only a footnote in the greater context of modern Hollywood.

2049 is destined for obscurity. Maybe a future RLM will feature them on a Re-Review episode on day but at least it won't end up on Best of the Worst.

>gotta say i prefer the subtlety of the original
This. BR 2049 could be too hamfisted at times with flashbacks and voiceovers.

holy shit niggers you dont need to press enter after every period

>

I like how every new thing is designed to make posting dumber.

It's been out for over 2 weeks, has over 100k voted on IMDB with an 8.5 rating. Get over yourself. This movie will be remembered alongside the original but not groundbreaking at all.

>subtlety of the original

those Harrison Ford voiceovers sure are subtle!

b-but how else can I make my post stand out ;_;

Yeah, there were a couple of spots that made me feel like they wanted to make sure a normie wouldn't miss out on.

yep. this was another minor quibble I had

>implying these arent the best movie adaptations PKDS work ever got
>implying DADOES was even one of PKD's best books
>implying 2049 isn't closer to PKDs vision that the original was

I love PKD, but stick to the book DADOES adaptation would be crap

what are you talking about?

what is the point of posting like this instead of putting the sentences in one paragraph?

I'm just making my posts easier to digest because we all know Sup Forums is full of retards who don't read long posts.

The guy who played Sebastian was good. He was intended to be quirky/awkward.

Because one looks less like shit.
Why has this suddenly become a problem for you? I've only seen faggots complain about it in the past few weeks, I guarantee you weren't complaining about it a year ago as if you were even fucking here back thenyou limp dick shitheel complaining about fucking post formatting when people still get banned on this fucking board for trying to talk about actresses and you're watching rick and morty or some shit talking about blade runner drinking fucking soda and jerking off to the latest waifus from whatever fucking flavor of the month anime is popular now, you need to fucking get a job and stop worrying about how people fucking post

See? That's why I fucking space shit out. It's also why I use punctuation.

Have you ever attended schooling?

Look I know how to read and write give me a break.

>I've only seen faggots complain about it in the past few weeks
i've been here for 10 years now. you sound pretty upset and you are the one complaining about posts being hard to read
this is one of the best posts of the thread and they didn't have a different line for every sentence like a pretentious redditor

It's funny how he also got stabbed.

Considering the first is overrated trash that had 2 things going for it, yes, it's infinitely superior.

people should stop stabbing the Goose

does anyone feel the ending was rushed? I didn't even notice it was 2 hr 30 minutes, but I felt that K just finding Luv's convoy and eliminating them super quick seems a bit too convenient

>It's also why I use punctuation
yeah, badly

niggas think they're writing prose or some shit

>tfw seeing this poster on almost every person's bedroom wall.

>tfw won't hang 2049 poster because it's uninspired dogshit.

>Ford looks like Gibson

Wtf

all whites look alike

We all agree Luv is best girl right?

Holy shit can you cool it with the racism dude. There might be white people on this imageboard and they might even read that, did you ever think of that? Huh?

miserable creature. :(

my post was a silly one, is yours silly or serious??????

>tfw no holographic gf
>tfw won't cheat on her with a pink haired replicant whore

Nothing silly about racism asshole. It's fucking 2017!

nigger!

WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED

What song is this? Searched real human being on YouTube but couldn't find it

>not repeating INTERLINKED

I'm calling the Cyberpolice on you buddy boy. You done it now.

leave

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

Go watch Drive, plebe