Why does Optimus of Murder never trigger anybody but DCEU Superman and Batman killing does?

Why does Optimus of Murder never trigger anybody but DCEU Superman and Batman killing does?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIVKQV0sJ-8
youtu.be/UExyaN8AHGw?t=6m20s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are robots

In disguise

Because everybody knows that the movies are as shit as the DCEU, and Transformers in general is stupidier than most capeshit.

optimus is a soldier on a war, not space jesus like superman is(or snyder is trying to make him)

Because we already knew they were bad movies so now it's just funny to see how bad they continue to be

First of all, it does trigger people
Second of all, because he's a soldier and a warrior, not a super hero

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" is the mantra of Optimus Prime....this means if you stand in the way of freedom, worst case scenario he murders you

To be fair, Optimus has been space-Jesus a few times too

>Why does Optimus of Murder never trigger anybody
You are too new if you think this was ever the case, we're all just used to Murderprime after four fucking movies of him.

Because these movies never bother trying to present themselves as good.
It's all about context.

Prime never had a code against killing. He's a John Wayne stand-in who lead a war. It's assumed he killed before.

>First of all, it does trigger people
It literally does not.

It seems to be the single most consistently praised thing about the films that they made Optimus the hardcore soldier that he is

MCU movies not named Iron Man, the 3 Cap movies, or Incredible Hulk are all worse than Transformers other than Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen

Also, Transformers has better lore in general and a more interesting multiverse than pretty much all capeshit

Because alien robots are not people or earth animals. Optimus is go go freedom fighter robot human protector supreme. We dont give him shit for killing robots because we really dont give a shit about anything thats not human or an animal. You ever gained joy from a monster truck rally? Ever got excited watching a car crash? Like watching those videos of a hydrolic press crushing shit? There you go cupcake. Now you can go back to wanking over "muh morals" in fictional settings.

Is anyone unironically kinda impressed that they maintained Optimus' character development over 5 movies and now he's legit damaged PTSD murderer?
It's actually pretty organic

>It literally does not.
>It seems to be the single most consistently praised thing about the films that they made Optimus the hardcore soldier that he is

You don't watch reviews much, and you don't lurk on this board very much

Literally every TF thread on this board has some retarded fuck bitching about Murderprime

This isn't Papa Prime. This is "Tired of war and all it entails" Prime. Also, I know that people don't like the Bay films (Personally, I think 1 and 3 are good, but the others are crap), but have any of the people that said "Not muh Geewun" actually watched the 80s Transformers SERIES? The first two seasons are horrible. I had the DVD Collection and watched through them both back before the 2007 movie came out - they were horrible, inconsistent, full of errors, plot holes, people coming back unexplained, etc. with one or two gems.

Remember the episode where Prime's limbs were split apart and his arm and its gun became the cannon to Megatron's "rule the world" tower?

That fucking happened.

But, again, this is Grizzled, Tired, Jaded Vet Prime.

some people got mad that prime killed that dude on the last movie

Autobots aren't really know for their no-killing code.

Especially if you read their comic.

But for Batman and Superman, it's at the core of their moral core.

super man and Batman fight crime as vigilante. Protecting the innocent is allright , but they act outside of any jurisdictions and aren't accountable for anyone. It make sense they impose themselves a limits of how far they can do. They aren't cops sanctioned by the state, they can stand their ground, but killing and not even face invetigation, that's crossing the line.

Even people who kill in self defence have to fill a report. You can't just go "lol, vigilante, not sying my name".

Transformers, on the other hand, don't fight crimes, they are at war. A literal fucking war. they do not hide their secret ID, they are the official soldier of their people.

4 wasn't that bad aside from the bad designs and the China pandering. In fact I'd say it was better than 3, and definitely way better than 2.

>tfw Optimus Prime is a better Jesus analogue than Snyder's Superman

>4 wasn't that bad
For was the worst. It managed to be boring.

Because Optimus is a soldier

What happened at the end of 4? I started drinking at the beginning I my memories are a little fuzzy about the end

The free Optimus from the ship and then they know about the dinosaurs in China, so they go awaken them to kill the iGalvatron?

I do like that suddenly so many things start happening that Galvatron is just all "maybe I'll come back when you're not so busy".

>4 wasn't that bad
It's literally the worst. And not worst because bad, worst because it's the same old shit and boring with even worse humans that we, again, spend too much time with

The fact that "China-pandering" is a legit complaint of the movie speaks for itself

Because everyone knows Michael Bay is a hack, but people still defend Snyder.

Because one of the most iconic optimus moments from G1 is optimus declaring enough is enough and going HAM on the cons

Where as batman and superman have story after story declaring killing is bad

The human antagonist is stupid too.
"I don't trust robots"
"I know, I'll build a robot army programmed by using the robots that tried to destroy our world, ask the help of an other robot, while killing the robots that actually risked their life to save us"

Like seriously:
"Earth has to protect themselves, man"
>proceed to build an army of evil bots who get out of control

Also, how hard was it for Not-steeve-job to tell "I have discovered the robots we are building are evil, activating them will doom the earth"
And the guy is like
"TRAITOR!"

Also, that human mercenary "You'll get no pity from me, I have family who died in that city in the last movie" And then proceed to kill the autobot who stopped the invasion at the cost of his home planet.
I mean, I could go with it if he was like "I hate all transformers", but then he is working directly with an other transformers.

It's like everyone had eaten a big ball of stupid-o as part of their daily breakfast.

>but have any of the people that said "Not muh Geewun" actually watched the 80s Transformers SERIES? The first two seasons are horrible. I had the DVD Collection and watched through them both back before the 2007 movie came out - they were horrible, inconsistent, full of errors, plot holes, people coming back unexplained, etc. with one or two gems.

Most of the people who claim that...have not, most of the people who claim that aren't TF fans to begin with and haven't watched any TF series since they were little kids.

However, fuck you, I love G1, REAL "geewunners" for the most part love the flawed charm of the series, the problem is you get a lot of people who don't even know jack shit about G1 claiming to be fans because it's "nostalgic", blame people like Doug Walker for this

>The fact that "China-pandering" is a legit complaint of the movie speaks for itself
Every blockbuster China-panders now
It was just ahead of its time

The China-pandering isn't the problem. The problem is that we're talking about China-pandering in a Transformers movie again adding to the imbalanced ration of human:Transformers

This

"Give me your face" was the baneposting of its time

Not trusting transformers but making mindless drones from there tech makes sense.

Its like getting a dog to protect you from wolves

Yeah, that's true
But none of them had done a very good job of finding that balance

Optimus literally fly away in space, to see who the fuck hired Lockdown.

Also, Lockdown's face in the movie is the most unoriginal ever. He had a cool design in animated and basically they went "let's make a robot with a super human face to show how good we are at 3D modeling and slap the name lockdown on it" I mean, even in car mode, he wasn't even a muscle car. Where is the outside Engine popping up?

Every Marvel film released to date has been at least watchable. Some of them are not "stellar" or "good", if we are talking in such value judgments, but they are all coherent and watchable films.

The same cannot be said of the "Transformers" films. They all suffer from plot holes big enough for Optimus Prime to drive through, an overuse of CGI, the use of over-complicated CGI models that fail to keep attention on what is happening, and the use of every horrible action scene technique invented since "The Matrix" (e.g., shaky-cam, incoherent camera angles, a lack of knowing the geography of an action scene, and shitloads of quick-cuts). And while Marvel films will not be winning awards for acting any time soon, "Transformers" films will be - so long as you think of The Razzies as awards, anyway.

Watching the two "Thor" films, "The Incredible Hulk", "Iron Man 2", and "Avengers: Age of Ultron" in one big binge would still be a better experience than watching any live-action "Transformers" movie. Hell, watching "Man of Steel", "Batman v Superman", "Suicide Squad", and "The Killing Joke" in a binge would be a better experience than watching a "Transformers" movie. Nothing you can say or do will ever convince me that any of Michael Bay's "Transformers" films are worth watching; take that from someone who actually paid to see the first one in the theatre and felt robbed of his cash after the credits started to roll.

Oh, and as for that "better lore" shit: What good is lore when no one can even fucking understand what is happening in the films featuring that lore?

youtube.com/watch?v=iIVKQV0sJ-8

Behold the worst product placement in a movie yet

Is the whole character of Optimus Prime based on disgust to murder and strong code against it?

>"Give me your face" was the baneposting of its time
What? Everybody was saying how cool that was unironically

>Not trusting transformers but making mindless drones from there tech makes sense.
But Hiring a transformers you know nothing about while hunting down those who actually showed some act of good faith is.

And using Evil robot as the basis of the programming of your drones is beyond retardation.

At least he had hooks. Also I like how in the trailer for the next movie it just shows Optimus floating next to Jupiter like,"Jesus Optimus, what did you think would happen"?

>MCU movies not named Iron Man, the 3 Cap movies, or Incredible Hulk are all worse than Transformers other than Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen
This is the wrongest statement of this thread.

All of the MCU movie are better than any TF movie. Even Civil war is better than the best TF mvie.

Okay, the moment he cracked the bud open was the part I laughed.

God, I don't get how these films can be such successes.

You can understand Optimus' transformation into Punished Prime, there are already a bunch of Transformers movies and he constantly has to deal with allies betraying him and all his autobot friends getting their heads blown off, it's not like MoS where Not Jesus flies through buildings having a fist fight while thousands of people die. He doesn't have a strict code on killing like Batman, either.

At that moment as he stared upon the fallen comrade. Fallen over feeblement rather than lack of righteous duty, forth he has forgotten his duty and role. His execution for his crimes to the holy buzzing homeworld as days long past, only this is his condoned action. With all of the Primes guiding his hand, it is not optimus that pulls the trigger.

The worst Marvel film (one of the two "Thor" movies; whichever one you liked least is the worst) is still infinitely more watchable than the best "Transformers" movie.

Nobody defends Transformers as good movies?

They didnt coppy his brainnon purpose rember. That was megatrons doing.

As for working with lockdown he had the same goal get them the fuck off earth

>He doesn't have a strict code on killing like Batman, either.
Not DCEU Batman though

I hate transformium. It basically is "whatever you want" and give designer excuse to not even try to make transforming design that could work.

If the Hasbro engineer were allwed to work with the movies designer instead of being send concept art at the last minute with "lol, deal with it" note, not only might we get better toys, but we might actually have more interesting design.

Who cares, Optimus is a zombie in the next movie anyway.

>I don't get how these films can be such successes.

They combine nostalgia for a cartoon that loads of people loved as kids, "Bayhem" (read: shitloads of explosions and incoherent "action"), and the kind of shitty humor that "Middle America" loves into a single package. (International audiences also love these films, especially China, so get mad at those places for contributing to the box office takes of these films.)

>MCU movies not named Iron Man, the 3 Cap movies, or Incredible Hulk
Those are bad too.

>They didnt coppy his brainnon purpose rember. That was megatrons doing.
You don't hook an evil robot brain to any kind of network, period. And they based themselves on the program of their brain to make their drone.

>As for working with lockdown he had the same goal get them the fuck off earth
Still zero fucking reason to trust him more than the autobots.

Civil War is a good movie. Marvel has plenty of shit films, Transformers movies have plenty of flaws but they are usually not as cliche as most stock MCU flicks like your Thors, Ant-Mans, and Stranges, not to mention the god awful Iron Man sequels which are more cringey than the average TF flick

youtu.be/UExyaN8AHGw?t=6m20s

This death is fucking hilarious
Look at it.

>Every Marvel film released to date has been at least watchable.
lol

Not at all. Can't watch an entire Marvel flick in one go. It's impossible because you'd have to quit half way through.

because all i see are incomprehensible piles of junk colliding with other incomprehensible piles of junk.

It did trigger people. There's a reason that scene is a meme.

>Transformers movies have plenty of flaws but they are usually not as cliche

Not being "as cliche" as other action films does not, on its own, make the "Transformers" films watchable.

because they are robots
Megatron has basically died 3 times now

>Can't watch an entire Marvel flick in one go.

I can. You must have the ADD or the Asperger's. (That would explain why you like the "Transformers" films so much. They are a literal representation of ADD.)

>Behold the worst product placement in a movie yet

But it also had the best product placement in a Transformers movie yet

transformium turns into Rainbow Dash toy

Hail Hasbro

>Transformers movies have plenty of flaws but they are usually not as clich
They are all the same goddamn movie. How can you accuse Marvel of this while not seeing that every Bayformers film is the same fucking movie with different robots and too many humans nobody cares about.

Marvel is for girls and gays, DC and TF is for boys and straights

>Civil War is a good movie.
No, it's definitely the worst of the MCU so far.

Spider man was shoehorned into it and fell like a last minute addition. and the whole confrontation could have been avoided if they had taken 5 minutes to listen to each other. they made characters stupid just so they could force drama in.

When I went to that movie I just wished they wouldn't go with the "I have good reasons to do this-LALALALLA not listening, I am mad at you" And they went right into it.

All of the othe MCU movie at least have good narrative flow and character's action aren't based on édoing so because the story need them to do it". Eveyrthing is justified. But not in Civil War.

Optimus killing was such a breath of fresh air. It was nice to see a hero put the bad guys down instead of the whole "if I kill them I'll be just like them" shit that plagues cape films.

>They are all the same goddamn movie. How can you accuse Marvel of this while not seeing that every Bayformers film is the same fucking movie with different robots and too many humans nobody cares about.

How ironic....the MCU is the worst offender in modern film making of re using a formula, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange were literally Iron Man with a fresh coat of paint

The TF movies have had all very different plots.....from fallen elder robot gods, to terraforming earth and conspiracy shit, to bounty hunters and human AI, to fucking time travel and wizardry

I knew a guy who seethed with hatred any time the word "Marvel" was mentioned, but unironically praised Michael Bay as a post-modern genius worthy of Criterion.

He was also a complete cunt to talk to, and whenever people called him out for being a dick, he'd accuse them being racist.

He killed thousands of people during the wars on Cybertron though. Seems a bit silly that he would get jaded NOW. But what do I know. I don't even watch these movies.

Only the animated one, and it's a blatant toy commercial, albeit a fucking amazing one with a kickass 80s soundtrack.

Do you really believe that if you ever watch a Marvel movie, you will both turn homosexual and lose your penis and testicles?

Movies are for whoever wants to watch them. That you think only certain audiences should watch certain movies - and that certain movies will make you less of a "man" if you watch them - makes you seem like a scared little bitch.

>How ironic....the MCU is the worst offender in modern film making of re using a formula, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange were literally Iron Man with a fresh coat of paint
Wrong. All of those movie have a complete different vibe.

The only thing they have in common is that they are super hero origin and that's it.

>jerk turns hero redemption tale
>kinda but not really love interest/partner
>the mentor who shows them the way or helps them
>the escape/trial of tribulation where they learn how to use their power
>the villain who was a former good guy or colleague turned warped version of them

It's the same movie, same formula, different coat of paint

>this argument
So, you are a girl or gay, proving my point

But then why did he rip Megatron's head off even after he offered truce? And wouldn't it have made more sense to simply send Sentinel to Autobot jail seeing he wasn't a Decepticon?

Mo survivors mo problems

But Captain America wasn't a jerk. And Ronan the Accuser wasn't a former good guy. Neither was Red Skull for that matter. Or Thanos. And saying the movies are all the same for having a mentor and getting the main character to learn how to use their strengths? That's like saying all films are the same for featuring a main character who does things. There certainly is a MCU formula I don't care much for, but nitpicking like that just clouds those valid criticisms into a fog of hypocritical whining.

Megatrons "truce" was that he and Prime should enslave the planet and rule together

That's why

>>jerk turns hero redemption tale
Antman was not a Jerk. Not really a redemption tale either. He went in jail for bosically whistle blowing.
>>kinda but not really love interest/partner
None in Antman, it was more about his daughter.
Also, For Dr Strange, it's not even a thing. at this point they have already broke up. and won't come back, she is not a love interest.
Also, you do realize that almost all movies have a love interst, not just those 3.
>>the mentor who shows them the way or helps them
you mean, like most movies do?
>>the escape/trial of tribulation where they learn how to use their power
that's part of any hero origin sotry. You are basically complaining about classic trop that are so broad that you can basicallly pick rnadom and you'll have 70% chnace of finding it. Pointing that two movie has that is like pointing out that two movies have blue sky. omg, totally the same movie.
>>the villain who was a former good guy or colleague turned warped version of them
Betrayal is also a classic trope also, Iron Monger was never really an ally of Tony.

>It's the same movie, same formula, different coat of paint
Pointing out super general tropes presnet in almost all movies doens't make them the same.

Ant-man is basically an Heist movie.
Ironman is about making right past wrong
Dr Strange is more of an inner self-exploration and discovering and exploring new aspect of yourself.

Like I said, the only thing they have in common is that they are hero Origin story.

I was talking about Ant-Man and Dr. Strange, not any of those films. And yes, Ant-Man and Dr.Strange were Iron Man clones....which my point was that Transformers has only had 4 going on 5 films, and no three of them have had such identical formulas at all

>But then why did he rip Megatron's head off even after he offered truce?
Frankly, it was more of an ironic proposition and after Optimus saw the result of Megatron's truce with Sentinel, he really didn't felt like committing the same mistake.

I thought it was only good part of turd movie.

First this old fart betraying him and autobots, then there's Kiketron out of nowhere got BLOWN THE FUCK OUT literally.

I may sound like a complete normie, but I have no nostalgia attachment to Transformers

Lockdown?
I heard people being mad at how he was killed more then that he was killed.
Saying why it's ok to show him die like that if it was a robot so it gets a PG-13 rating but if it was a human it would be R

Optimus doesn't have a rule against killing as thoroughly documented as Batman and Superman's.

Ditto. I grew up with Beast Wars anyway.

>Ant-man is basically an Heist movie.
>Ironman is about making right past wrong
>Dr Strange is more of an inner self-exploration and discovering and exploring new aspect of yourself.

These are the different coats of paint they slapped on the same skeleton, fuck off you rube piece of shill kike , fuck off back to tumblr or Sup Forums or wherever you mousefuckers came from desu senpai

Except visually every Transformers film looks the same. It all ends with Robots smashing each other in a city/desert. Ant-Man and Dr. Strange at least changed tone and visuals.

>These are the different coats of paint they slapped on the same skeleton
Wrong, it's the fucking core of each movie.

what you call skeleton are trope that basically exists in most action movies.

complainign they are there is basically complaining baout most action movies.

>or Sup Forums or wherever you mousefuckers came from desu senpai
Usually, it's Sup Forums who dislike MCU.

>Starts off as a Transformers thread
>Turns into a company wars thread not even 100 posts in

I'll admit it, I'm expressed with how autistic most of you are, Sup Forums.

>Ant-Man and Dr.Strange were Iron Man clones..
wrong.

Most people with nostalgic attachment to Transformers aren't the ones who have a problem with these movies....people like Nostalgia Critic would have you think otherwise, but he doesn't know jack shit about Transformers and neither do people like him, like OP for example who clearly doesn't even understand the character if Optimus Prime to start with

>Using meme words and disney meme hate from Sup Forums
>telling others to go to Sup Forums

When's the Monopoly movie?

Everybody I know who isn't a shill agrees, I'll take their opinions over the likes of someone like you who lives to shill MCU on Sup Forums

We don't really assume Optimus is a "no kill" sort of robot.

I mean, they were at war.

But this is from my knowledge of the cartoon when I was a kid. I've only ever watched the first live action movie and stopped there.

I don't shill MCU. I think Civil war is bad.

But calling those movies the same is like saying two painting are the same because both have horses.

I don't go to Sup Forums and never have in my life, I just assume you people come from there because you're not likely actual comic book fans and most MCU shills I meet are fake geeks, so I don't know where you people came from but fuck off back to wherever it is

You're right, DCEU films are about as quality as Transformer films

The difference is that the people he's been laying down his life to protect, the humans, have been pretty consistently stabbing him in the back.