[current year] art

>the road to 10k

all art from current marvel is mainstream and mediocre

I think it might already be below 10k.

>[current year]
But user, it's not the 90s anymore.

Thunderbolts #7 (Malin out of the book)- 17,269
Thunderbolts #8 (Malin returns) - 14,215

Good ol' Liefield...times may change, but Liefield always stays the same shitty artist.

>implying they didn't order more copies because they thought Songbird would bring in people which she didn't

That's not Liefeld.

In addition, the digital sales for #7 with Anka doing the cover and Izaakse on the interior were also much better.

> 27. Thunderbolts (2016-) #7
> 136. Thunderbolts (2016-) #8

Although let's be real, the art is just one of the many problems of this book.

I am betting it will be between 9k and 10k by #12.

No, it's just his literal apprentice.

It literally is.

It's a pen name.

Sure it is. I'd recognize those weird open mouth expressions, crosshatching, chicken legs, weird boxing glove hands, inability to draw straight lines (look at the guns in the upper left) or decent anatomy anywhere.

>stays the same shitty artist
No he got much worse, but this isn't Liefeld. I genuinely enjoy his work on X-Force and Youngblood, but holy shit did everything after that look awful. Working with digital tools has only made shit worse

It literally isn't. You can't just blanket term all shit art as Liefeld. That devalues just how shit he actually is.

#10 has Busiek/Bagley back so it will bump the sales

>all art from current marvel is mainstream and mediocre
No Marco Rudy is superb.

I wonder why they just didn't keep Izaakse. His art isn't amazing but it's closer to the nostalgia angle they are trying to push, Thunderbolts never had a 90's EXTREME phase.

His art also helped Zub's script. From I can tell, they haven't even put him on any other book other than that Monsters Unleashed one-shot.

Marco Rudy hasn't worked at Marvel in half a year or maybe more.

user, this is drawn by a man who was taught and trained by Liefeld and whose art has the exact same flaws as Liefeld. Malin is just Liefeld without the bombast, meaning he's arguably worse.

What THE fuck was the thought process of this book?

Liefeld at least has untintentional comedy and energy going for him. Malin doesn't even have that.

Yes, I know and that's why you need to make the distinction. He is objectively more shit than Liefeld is and should be named instead of going with the 'all shit art is Liefeld' approach.

>People liked those Thunderbolts right?
>Let's center it around Bucky

Is the basic gist of it.

>let's make a book about the classic Thunderbolts
>great, Thunderbolts was a book that started in the 90s, right? Well, there's nothing more 90s than Liefeld.
>What's that? Liefeld is too slow and expensive? Well then let's just get his apprentice, close enough
>Perfect... but wait! We need a big name draw to get casuals on board, but everyone else is already busy in their own books. What popular MCU character doesn't have his own book and would fit thematically with the Thunderbolts?
>Bucky was kind of sort of a villain for a bit and isn't being used anywhere, how about him?
>DONE!
Probably something along those lines

He's Liefeld Jr., that's our meme-name for him.

>And remember to make the book all about Kobik and Bucky, he is a reformed sorta villain so the Thunderbolts fans will lap that up!
>Brilliant!

>taught and trained by Liefeld
Why
why would you do this to yourself

user, there are legit people who think Liefeld is a good artist. Same as the Deodato fans you encounter among more casual crowds.

Apparently it landed him a job at one if the biggest two publishers. So...

Talking about Liefeld did that Deadpool Bad Blood Graphic novel ever come out?

Nope. It's supposed to come out this year, though.

Editor is a Stucky shipper, that's the only thing you need to know.

>Songbird
>Why am I in this book again?

i'll take Liefeld student over Land, Deodato, Larroca and Sorrentino any fucking decade

i feel like you could write the book in a way that would play to the arts strengths but yeah

Like, how did we get to this art? How much talent has left Marvel?

>Come with me to Steve's book, my friends, where the art is acceptable.

Because muh 20th anniversary. Once Thunderbolts ends she will be added in another book cause synergy with the cartoon.

They recently announced that it was going to be delayed by like 4 months because despite being shit, Liefeld is also a notoriously slow artist.

Liefeld was one of the most popular and famous artists of the 90s. You can look back and laugh now, but if you were an adolescent in the early 90s then you probably thought Liefeld was the coolest artist ever and Youngblood and Cable were the shit. There's probably plenty of artists that were inspired by Liefeld and wanted to emulate his style.

>tfw the only book you bought in the early/mid '90s was Spider-Man because of the many panels of MJ in sleepwear