Will they finally give him a personality?

Will they finally give him a personality?

cbr.com/miles-morales-confirmed-as-lead-in-animated-spider-man-film/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They keep forcing this shit character, when will they learn?

>Will they finally give him a personality?
Yeah, Peter's.

Question: Does anyone care about Miles at all? Most people I know respond with "Who?" or "He's still around? I thought he died long ago.". I haven't met a single person who cared enough to even hate the poor fucker.

I see nobody told Sony that Bendis is a bold face liar who's poison to profits

It's going to be written by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, so yes it's likely they will give him a personality.

>Peter Parker in Homecoming is basically a white Miles

It would make sense.

He's not diverse enough, they need to throw in some asian heritage into his genetic mix, then he'll appeal to everybody

We've known this forever.
Honestly? I'm cool with it, as long as they actually make him "successor to Peter" and not "guy who decided to be Spider-Man for some reason". There's a lot of Peter movies and TV shows, so letting Lord&Miller give Miles a personality does something to set this one apart.

he even has the fat asian best friend

>miles morales will be in the animated spidey film

How cancelled this movie will be once CBS buys Sony Pictures?

>Written by Lord and Miller

Calling it now: Lord and Miller write an 8/10 film that completely rewrites Miles' personality, rogue's gallery, and storylines in order to fit in with the story they want to tell. In response, Marvel cancels all of its ongoing Miles projects in order to bring Miles as a character as close in line with his popular film incarnation as possible. Miles becomes even more of a creator's pet than before, getting thrown in all sorts of stupid scenarios written by Bendis (you know, the writer Bendis) and put at the center of at least one or two events.

I like the idea of him, and I liked his first two stories. And then absolutely nothing has happened to him since.

Or Bendis will rewrite miles in a way that mimics his movie personality.

Why would anyone hate him? For the most part he's only been and shit books and when he infects good books he hardly does or says anything or is at least made entertaining

>peter
>miles
>cindy
>gwen
>jessica
>anya
>may
>that arachne chick
>1,000 alt dimension spidermen

you know what we need? more spider-people. what is scorppion reformes and becomes the scorpospider?

He was pretty decent when USM became a Team Book. Then the team got span off to New Ultimates which was shite

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae

oh nature, what will you think of next?

Spiderman is Marvel's batman. Everything must be spiders.

That's... that's exactly what I said. This is just another Star Lord waiting to happen, though while Star Lord was actually a good character before Marvel Studio's take on Guardians, at this point there's nowhere to go but up with Miles.

Christ man

>Bendis not involved

Sold.

Now I see why they added him to the new Spider-Man cartoon

I'm only interested in this to see how they portray the Ultimate Universe and the aftermath of Peter's death. Do you think they'll animate it?

Did he die?

And then Bendis will give himself all the credit.

...Is it just me, or does Miles look kinda feminine here? The oddly kissable lips aren't helping.

Came here to post this

R63 Miles is the only way to fix Miles

Why is she an Anti-Trump protester though?

Nigga what are you even talking about

did you mean to say black or...?

Bendis is Marvel's superweapon. He'll infiltrate Sony and bring them to their knees with his garbage writing.

>Why would anyone hate him?
I can tell you why I hate him. Because he's Bendis' legacy. To me, Miles represents everything wrong with Marvel's comics, how Marvel treats its IPs, its old fans, and its associates.

Miles represents the need to prioritize diversity over story, over character. He represents the lack of respect for the past, for continuity. He represents the greed and hubris on behalf of writers like Bendis, who claim to boast ethnic characters for the sake of social justice, but really only wish to satisfy their own egos.

You can see the same themes and treatment of story in all of Marvel's current "legacy" characters. All of them. Yes, even Kamala. It doesn't matter what outside appearance they have or what tone of writing their books have. They are just mouthpieces, soapboxes for Marvel's leftist pandering political agenda.

>as long as they actually make him "successor to Peter"
Do you understand how retarded this statement is, when Peter is JUST THIS YEAR getting rebooted as a teenager?

>Miles' personality
What personality?
>Miles' rogue's gallery
What rogue's gallery?

I'd be perfectly fine with this. It's not like they can get anyone as good as J.K. Simmons

Sam is the only consistently decent one really (even though he's just Spider-Man). Kamala's fine but I rue the day she loses her creator and she's nothing but "I like fan fics!"

No shit he did

If she gets written like how she was on Wasp, she's fucked.

Why does everyone forget about the fucking Spica?

That's exactly what I mean. Whenever she's outside of her own book she's terrible.It's almost like the other writers don't read her book and just get the cliff notes version

>Miles has no personality
When will this meme die

Y'all seem unintelligent saying that shit

>Kamala's fine
Not anymore. She waved the American flag, urging voters to vote THE DAY AFTER POLLS WERE CLOSED, user. Did you know she's not even of legal voting age?

What's his personality then?

>Will they finally give him a personality?
Not even remotely.

can you describe Miles without mentioning his skin color, age, or that he's spider-man?

>>Peter Parker in Homecoming is basically a white Miles

Its circular. Miles is just a black Peter.

Introvert

In-universe, dumbass. Make him a guy who took up Spider-Man's legacy after his death, not "I guess there are two Spider-Men now".

Why do you have to b8 like a faggot though

Miles is a guy who is Spider-Man because others foisted it upon him. Miles as he's grown into his own tends to antagonize his opponents with condescending sarcasm to mask his oft times disillusionment with having to play the superhero. And as a superhero Miles doesn't hold back nearly as much as Peter or some other spider people when he fights. He hasn't killed anyone yet (except maybe his uncle) but many times without any care at all he has put his opponents lives at risk.

Miles is a hero sure, but not even he knows if that is what he really wants to be or who he really is? His heroism is not so much based on who he is but on what he believes he is not. As Miles has said before he represses certain tendencies of his for fear of allowing it to overcome him. Unlike his Uncle, he wants to be the good guy but he just isn't. At least not entirely.

Miles wants to live out his life as a normal teenager(hanging with friends, going to school, playing video games, and dating girls) but due to many of these factors he simply cannot. As character Miles can be quite reckless and careless. Miles is also a bit more of a realist than his peers. Which is why I don't think he is going to be on the Champions team for very long.

There is a lot more I could say about the character.

I'll take one shitty preachy issue with a character I enjoy. After that the regular story continued

Miles has a personality.

It's like poetry it rhymes

But Miles and Peter Parker are very different as characters though.

The spider god of the Web time continuume!

things you do are not your personality. being a teenager and having friends and playing video games is not a personality. Things that happen to you are not your personality

How bout no, Miles can get his own damn name/shtick

Alright, thanks for the essay, darkie.

Now what's his personality, and how does it differ from Peter's.

That's his origin and it was still boring

Reminder they should just make Miles the new Scorpion.

You just described Peter

>bold face liar who's poison to profits

Sounds like he'll fit right in at Sony.

I hope Sony give Miles more powers. People need to know that this isn't boring old weakling whitey Spider-Man.

Miley Morales would be 100% better than shitty old Miles

I hate race swaps but even the most racist person would have to admit this is inspired casting.

You mean his personality traits?

He's typically introverted, arrogant, condescending, self-centered, courageous, thoughtless, dependable, unforgiving, independent, self-critical, competitive, indifferent, intelligent, wrathful, abrasive, caring, charismatic, helpful, suave, compassionate, shallow, selfish, and fair minded.

Spiderman is too able body de need wheelchair spiderman

A lot of those things sound contradictory which makes me think you're bullshitting.

Judging from all the comics his personality is being monotone and not really having an opinion, other than not wanting to be Spider-Man and occasional Bendis mouthpiece moment.

I don't think you get it.

Miles is a deeply conflicted character. Like I said there is a part of him that wants to be a normal guy and yet there is another part of him that has other plans. He constantly has to fight to repress this other part of his personality. As I said he is a super hero sure, but its just not that simple. I wouldn't be surprised if Miles were to make a stint as a villain at some point.

I could never say that about Peter.

Okay many of those contradict each other.

What? Have you ever read any comic about Peter Parker? There's a zillion issues where Peter basically goes "Jesus Christ I want to rip this guy's head off with my bare hands" but doesn't because he's a good guy. What you described is EXACTLY Peter Parker.

FUCK THIS MILES HAS DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE THIS POPULARITY BESIDES BEING BLACK AND BENDIS OC

People can be contradictory. Miles is a pretty conflicted guy as such he has conflicting personality traits. There are times he wants to save people and he does that because he thinks its right or because he cares about them. But at the same time there are people he honestly wouldn't mind killing and deep down he thinks that is just as right even though on the surface he knows its not.

In order to understand Miles troubles you have to delve into his family history. His father and uncle were not good guys. His uncle was evil. The same blood that courses through their veins also courses through his. So as person Miles feels the conflict between the side of himself that isn't like his father and uncle and that part that is.

Bendis fuck off

Why did they bring him to 616.

There is no shortage of heroes or spider-heroes. His existance and reasoning for fighting makes no sense.

Only at first, after he kills his uncle his character ceases to be.

WE

WUZ

There is a difference. That difference being Miles isn't a really a good guy. When Miles says he wants to kill somebody its not because he's been pushed to the brink. It could be because they've angered him slightly or just because that's what he feels like doing. His uncle didn't think twice about killing people.

Miles only represses his desire to do so because he doesn't want to be like his uncle or his father. But the urges are getting stronger clearly. And with Miles becoming more and more disillusioned with the superhero community the likelihood of him fulfilling his family creed only increases.

ok fuck you i laughed

This is hilariously shit. It's literally babbys first struggle with inner demons, the whole nature versus nurture bit. It's fucking babytown frolics.

Not that user but that's still Pete. He's only a "good guy" because Uncle Ben died and acting like a shit caused many people around him to die as well. Everything you're describing Peter went through himself.
Bendis is that you?

It's amazing how much he and Black Wally West are alike.

Holy shit you're right. Especially with the evil parental figure thing. At least Bally is developing into his own character now

Do one Bendis, you hack. It's vanilla, cookie-cutter characterization with zero depth which is why Miles has no personality at all.

Peter is a hero because of Uncle Ben. Yes.

But I've never once thought Peter was on the trajectory towards becoming a villain. While with Miles it's almost a given that he'll do something terrible eventually. As he has stated Miles knows he's perfectly capable of it.

SPADAMANGS

So you're saying Miles is interesting because he's fighting his inner coon nature and will ultimately give in?

>But I've never once thought Peter was on the trajectory towards becoming a villain

Do you even Spider-Man? Peter's first appearance is as a scorned loner looking angrily at the popular kids. Add the fact that he's a chemistry wiz and you have mad scientist waiting to happen written all over him

Is this like a theatrical movie or like a straight to DVD movie? If straight to DVD i'll give it a chance.

If it was meant for direct to DVD, then they would have said so right off the bat. So no, they're going full force with this. This is Sony after all, leader of bad ideas.

But where is the precedence for that. His aunt and uncle who raised him where very good people. It was not as though potential villain was written all over him.

Miles father and uncle were both gangsters and involved in organized crime. His uncle was hellbent on replacing Wilson Fisk as the Kingpin. Had the prowler waited until Miles was older and a bit more mature Miles may have joined his uncle in that life.

>Miles father and uncle were both gangsters and involved in organized crime. His uncle was hellbent on replacing Wilson Fisk as the Kingpin. Had the prowler waited until Miles was older and a bit more mature Miles may have joined his uncle in that life.
>Is any of this even canon anymore?