ITT: Overrated movies

ITT: Overrated movies

every movie is overrated

but Taxi Driver is especially overrated, besides Travis' monologues and Marty's cameo it's complete shit.

Bernard Herrmann's godly score makes up most of this film

I didn't like it either. Fell for the Sup Forums kino meme and watched it. What a complete waste of time.

its an existential odyssey through an urban underworld the likes we hadn't seen again since Collateral or Training Day

Taxi driver is a truly unique experience fuck the plebeian haters

Except Training Day and especially Collateral are both you know, actually good.

So what you're really saying is Taxi Driver is now obsolete. Thanks for proving OP's point.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get why there was such an MPAA hold up about the ending sequence.

Blade Runner 2049

>ITT: Pleb Filters

if you don't like this movie you are either a normie or a brainlet or both.

Inception.
The Seven Samurai.
The Dark Knight.
The Peter Jackson Hobbit Trilogy.

nobody thinks the hobbit is good and most people forgot about avatar the year it came out
agreed on nolan, seven samurai is cool

Apocalypse Now

Me neither. I kept waiting for brain matter to fly anywhere but it was pretty tame. Maybe I've been in too many rekt threads.

Seven Samurai is good. But so many people consider it the best movie ever. It's not. Good, great even. But best? No way.

Same here but Sup Forums tricked me to waste 2 hours of my life.

I only watched this film for the first time a couple months ago and I absolutely loved it. It's great.

The great thing about Taxi Driver is about how Travis' masculinity makes him unable to see why the girl doesn't like him (he's clearly a weirdo) and blames the society for it, and his life becomes a quest for saving the society from the scum, not because they really bother him to the point of killing them, but because they "made" him lose the best pussy available, and when he sees other man as pathetic as him using underaged girls to avoid their problems of having a natural relationship, they become the scum and that makes he even madder, because they completely abandon their masculinity/morals to get pussy, the opposite of what Travis is doing. When Travis dies to save the girl, everyone sees him as a hero, because he didn't abandon his masculinity and instead of being another whore fucker he killed them and earned the respect of everyone.

/thread

That and Godfather Part 2

>Collateral is better than Taxi Driver

Does Tom Cruise shoot any niggers in Collateral? If no then you lose good day sir

Well here in boomerang-land Godfather 1 & Fistful of Dollars still have an R rating which is like NC-17 in America. Old ratings are weird.

Not only that movie is total garbage but it's also a movie that pushes mentally ill sociopath to commit murder.

It's about the context.

T.femAnon

I think I watched this movie once. I don't remember a thing about it besides something about a mayoral election.

I like Taxi Driver a lot, but really it's just a nighttime 'oooh look at those red lights so spooky!" flick. The pacing is a little weird and I wish it was 100% from Travis's perspective, meaning that scene where Sport and Iris dance together and embrace should be taken out i m o

>but really it's just a nighttime 'oooh look at those red lights so spooky!" flick
What

>cont

I mean it would've been interesting if we weren't totally sure if Sport really was a bad guy or was under some duress to perform these acts and pimp out girls. Obviously it's VERY scummy anyway you look at it, but I thought 'SPORT BAD SO KILLING HIM OKAY :D' was kind of a cop-out.

You should see what a .44 magnum does to a woman's pussy! That you should see!

AFORTYFOURMAGNUMDOTOAWOMANSPUSSYYOUSHOULDSEE

What kind of duress do you need to be under to pimp out 14 year olds in NYC lmao

Who can say definitively, but content wasn't cut, was it? They just altered the blood color and made it less real, as far as I know.

I don't think Sport was "under duress." Pimping underage girls isn't exactly a hard thing. They're easy to control and are seeking a father figure, a role which Sport fulfills easily. He was a scumbag through and through, just like any other pimp.