What's the absolute biggest problem with capeshit?

It consumes other genres. Adventure, sci-fi, etc

DC aren't any good at it

Q. How long has capeshit been going on for?

A. Too long.

They don't let films like BvS do its own thing so everything is reduced to the same quip formula.

Oversaturation, there's just too much of it. It's dull, it's cheap, has nothing to say.

There's too many of them and none of them do anything unique

A. 2002, with the release of Spiderman

its boring and gay

Too adult for kids and too stupid for thinking adults

fpbp

I hate when people say the DCEU is different. It's really generic with the blue lasers, box mcguffin, cgi boss fight, making a team, setting up movies instead of focusing on the movie and etc.

BvS was fairly unique.

>setting up movies instead of focusing on the movie
I thought people were complaining they weren't doing enough setup by giving Aquaman and Cyborg, etc. their own separate movies before the crossover events.

You could of easily Google and found out that since X-Men there has been at least 2 movies every year.
Cape isn't even really a genre just a backdrop and most have always been adventure sci-fi.

This, for sure.

Additionally, almost all capeshit and modern blockbusters are more or less TV procedurals in movie form. The studios have the notes they want to hit in each one, and so they're all basically the same shit with different coats of paint.

Neither is Marvel or Fox

BvS is practically a whole different genre than Marvel capeshit.

dc movies must watch list (in no particolar order)

Nolan's trilogy

Man of Steel

Batman v Superman

Watchmen

those are all great movies. They are super hero movies, but they are all competently done movies with amazing visuals and wich make their absurd premises (super heroes) work.

recommended.

fpbp

/thread

By how bad it was.
It would make the characters more likeable but it isn't really necessary. Those scenes and flashbacks didn't need to be in the movie really.

Except marvel and fox have both made good capeshit

>Zack Snyder dares to infuse the comic-book genre with moral and political substance
The sentence that says it all. Snyder "dares". He dares because for some reason morality and comic-book genre have become two separate things. He "dares" when what he's doing should've been the genre standard. Great audiovisual experiences that humanize and properly develop superheroes into the icons we know them as. But there is no room for that in the new age of Marvel monopoly. Now DC is following suit. Quip it up lads!

Name one

Fox yes. Disney has been shitting out garbage for a whole decade now. Worst part is that their cancer is now spreading to DC! Nolan needs to come back and kick out Geoff Johns and Whedon. They don't belong there.

Hey my mom is Martha too. Let's forget all this conflict and fight that generic giant monster

>NOT POSTING FUCKING DREDD
DISCARTED

Spiderman: homecoming

I strongly disagree with that.
That is literally nothing new. I'm pretty sure X1's first scene was the holocaust. Snyder set up the idea that what if Superman was real which is interesting but a good premise doesn't hold a movie. Snyder is a hack user.

In a film where the geography of the land literally twists itself to the perception of the characters, you can't for some reason comprehend that Batman's perception of Superman changes reducing him to a screaming child.

This is why we can't have good shit anymore. Manchildren like you refuse to turn on your brains.

Snyder was the only true visionary of the genre left before WB got cold feet and replaced him with a Marvel hack.

Enjoy your new quip future! Atleast you have a thousand other manchildren with their blogs celebrating with you in their victory of Snyder's "masochist problematic" films.

Quips were in the movie before Snyder left.

The movies still need to be good. So far the only DC movie to just be average was WW. The rest were like parodies of movies.

>generic capeshit
>5th spider man film in 20 years
>shit special effects
>shit main actor
>generic plot
>generic humour
And to top it all off
>muh diversity virtue signalling

I agree. Nolan managed to make superheroes feel grounded to Earth and Snyder takes it a step further and uses the grounded premise to elevate these superheroes into mythic status.

Marvel refuses to do either of these, instead insisting on staying as a mediocre morning cartoon.

>Snyder was the only true visionary of the genre
Too bad he had a shitty vision.

A movie that was according to rumors already remade once after WB's initial test screening. A movie that is now turning into satirical levels of quips because they hired a stunted manchild who, when not groping his actresses, obsesses over downplaying the film through fourth-wall breaking quips.

Snyder doesn't need to prove himself anymore after Watchmen-MoS-BvS. He did all he could've done and people spat him in the face for it.

>The movies still need to be good. So far the only DC movie to just be average was WW. The rest were like parodies of movies.

Man of Steel is the best superhero film.

You're saying that after 17 carbon.copy MCU turds where there is no sense of either mythology or realism? Where it's just on par with Power Rangers?

Rich Evans called it the most faithful Spider-man movie yet in terms of the spirit of the comics. Better than the Raimi movies. And I'd say he knows better than you.

There's nothing actually wrong with the capeshit movies themselves; or at least no more wrong than in other big budget hollywood action flicks. It's just there are so fucking MANY of them, over such a short period of time, hitting all the same broad story beats and themes and using the same plot structure, and occupying such a central position in modern pop culture that you can't escape from it and it feels like you're being consumed by some kind of behemoth memetic juggernaut of mediocrity.

If they weren't such a "thing", or maybe if dedicated film criticism/discussion outlets weren't so overrun with nu-media capeshit disciples who invariably only talk about capeshit and star wars at the expense of anything else, then they could go on without me (and I imagine most people's) notice or slightest care.

So the biggest problem with capeshit is the modern cultural obsession with it, which can't really even be held against the people making the movies since they're just making films to audience demand.

>Snyder takes it a step further and uses the grounded premise to elevate these superheroes into mythic status.
Not really. He mostly just shit the bed.

Man of Steel did everything WW did and a thousand times better. And in the end Superman is forced to make a decision that turns the boy into a man. WW is insulting in comparison, where Diana's naivety is rewarded with a mustache-twirling dude reveals himself to be Ares and there is a fight when she wins through "power of love". And the visual presentation in MoS made WW look like a C-rate film.

You had one shot and you blew it.

At this point I'm desperately clinging to the hope that these are all troll posts. To consider the alternative, that there are real people that try to get a sense of moral or intellectual superiority from their choice of manchildren's entertainment, is beyond sad.
>inb4 marvelfag/disneyshill/mousecuck/etc.

Don't take it out on the director that you failed to see the sun.

Marvel being shit in one way doesn't give DC an excuse to be shit in another.

If Nolan ever made a good cape movie I'd agree. Sadly Heath Ledger's Tom Waits impression is the only good thing in 3 movies. Nolan's Batman sucked. His Scarecrow sucked. His Alfred sucked. His Bane sucked. His Catwoman was a goofy bitch and sucked. His Gordon was forgettable. Zimmer was ok I guess. Usually music in movies is at least OK. The only sour spot with music in a blockbuster I can remember is Rogue One's autistic theme when its title spalshed on the screen.

>I'll just quote everyone and say they're trolls!!1!
How many cocks did you suck before making that faggot post?

The director filmed the movie. There's no one else to blame but him.

The biggest problem with capeshit is that we rejected the top in favor of the bottom.

creating an audience used to BIG spectacle type of movie that when they actually see something worth and beautiful they don't give a shit

You can start with yourself but I guess it's too much to ask for in 2017 that you actually adjust yourself after the film and don't go in expecting marvel-tier quips and exposition in every superhero film.

My biggest issue with the MCU - it has become the template. People get mad when someone wants to make something different. Just like you are now.

>we
Since you're counting yourself, I'd like to ask why you rejected it.

>And in the end Superman is forced to make a decision that turns the boy into a man.
Nah. He is still a baby. The whole ending was appalling and just wrong in everway. Who wants to see 9/11 times 52 in a Superman movie?

Except when Logan did something different, everyone loved it. The difference is that when Snyder does it, it sucks.

DC makes bad capeshit, but DC makes great films.
BvS still is misunderstood.

Is this when you argue that people are literally not allowed to die in a Superman film because he's Superman and should be a God?

Maybe Snyder should've pulled a Marvel - just say 17 people died after a destruction of a city with millions of inhabitants. Worked for Avengers.

>Logan
>different
It was just as juvenile as Deadpool, only this time it was gore and nihilism instead of gore and quips.

>piss in a jar and call it granny's peach tea

>Top
>movie sets up all this stuff for a fight even though both sides have blood on their hands
>there mom's have the same name

>Bottom
>keeps the same tone as the movie till the end. Might be stupid but this movie doesn't take itself seriously. Has heart and is satisfying

That's the point you fucking retard, I don't think they are trolls. On second thought, have fun with your capeshit, you are literally too stupid for anything else.

Sounds like it just went over your head.

>he doesn't get it
She was making a statement, do you have no reading comprehension?

No this movie presents him as this guy who will save everyone aka. GOD but he does these juvenile decisions that make an already underdeveloped character unlikeable.

See
Visual narration is beyond these people.

>No this movie presents him as this guy who will save everyone
Absolutely false. The first lesson Clark learns, he can't save everyone.

Fucking this.

>>there mom's have the same name

bruce realized he was turning into joe chill and breaking up a family

That has nothing to do with my post.
But he could of. He could of absolutely save his dad but Snyder had to make the dumbest scene in movie history instead of just doing a heart attack.

Shit statement.

Nah. Jonathan saved Clark from hysteria and a mass witchhunt, endangering Clark and his mother.

>But he could of
He could *have. Not could of.

And no, he couldn't. Even if he would save his father, he was later confronted with scenarios where "saving everyone" is literally impossible. Snyder makes the point, you don't need to save everyone to be a hero. Nobody saves everyone. That is a dishonest message.

Too much action CGI and boring shit.
Not enough deep, meaningful scenes. scenes.

>Snyder set up the idea that what if Superman was real which is interesting but a good premise doesn't hold a movie. Snyder is a hack user.

Snyder's a talented director who visually expresses other people stories and ideas. MoS is a masterpiece, as is BvS, but he needs a good writer and screenwriter to work, but it's ok

No it isn't, you are legitimately retarded.

Oh shut the front door nigger. He killed like 12 people before that and Superman, the guy he's not about to kill, didn't stop him either.

lack of creativity

>He did all he could've done and people spat him in the face for it.

people, or smelly nerds\pajeets\"journalists"\"critics" ?

>discussion whether Snyder's films are good or bad
>pro side actually discuss the themes and message and visual narration of his films
>bad site keeps repeat the shit word like a broken record
Every thread

He killed 12 people in self-defense, after they shot first. He only killed when he had to, and usually knocked them out if he could.

you mentioned moral or intellectual superiority, clear case of projection.

What do you think you accomplish by posting that picture??

He killed actual criminals. Fuck them.

>MoS is a masterpiece, as is BvS
I didn't care about "capeshit" until MoS. Even TDK made me go "meh." Ledger needed a real Batman and a real director alongside him.

your entire post makes no sense at all. The criticism to MoS has been the stupidest in years.

everything in it is right from the massive destruction caused by zod to superman having to make a moral choice that's against his code

Wanna know how I know your skin is brown?

People who hate on BvS are often confused as to why the titular fight is settled over an objection instead of a fist. Snyder plays on audience expectations and instead of a fanboy fight gives them two human beings who are both in desperate need of saving, both in their own ways.

Superman doesn't give a fuck. He's going to save anyone he can because that's who he was raised to do at least in every other adaption.
Yeah but that is so stupid. He just stands there while a tornado kills him with his hand raised like an idiot. That's not how you do that. Really bad execution.
>MoS is a masterpiece, as is BvS
Don reply to me
Superman was clearly approaching in a way that would warrant self defense which means a kryptonite bullet in the head.
So is Superman. He's holding the planet hostage at one point when he breaks the shuttle.

>The criticism to MoS has been the stupidest in years.
Reminder that not a single person objected to Diana absolutely demolishing 16 year old German kids in Wonder Woman.

But Superman killing a vengeful Kryptonian general that would've destroyed all of the world is bad - for some reason.

maybe you are too stupid to go past "why doesn't superman save everyone all the time uh". Stick to marvel stuff and cartoons

So OP asks us "what's the problem with capeshit" and then this thread is filled with morons being mad that Superman isn't saving everyone all the time.

Well OP you got your answer right there.

Maybe you're not smart enough to understand.

this.

It felt empty and sterile every step of the way seeing two invincible man punching and throwing themselves around the city but then again that's the third act of every capeshit nowdays

Was Jor-El giving a dishonest message to his son when he told him he could "save all of them?"

He committed race treason. Killed the last of his kind because he was cucked.

>racebaiting
Marvel films make more money in brown countries like India, than DC.
Wanna know how I know you're a manlet?

>which means a kryptonite bullet in the head.
Why do you think Bruce never made a bullet? Why do you think he used a spear instead? What was Bruce hoping for when fighting Superman? Fuck it I'll answer it for you since you'll reply with a shitpost.

He makes a spear because he wants to put Superman on trial (Batman v Superman) for the death of his parents. In the first two scenes of the film, we first see Bruce witness his parents dying and then him saving a girl who just saw HER parents dying through the Kryptonian fight. Batman at this point is convinced he's found the enemy he's been looking for all these years, the enemy to stand trial for the death of Waynes. The spear is for execution, not murder. Batman does not consider himself a murderer, he is "judge, jury and executioner".

Destruction was pointless. Especially when the final moral choice Is to save some people when you already killed a whole bunch of people.
Superman obviously can't save everyone which is fine but the execution was sooooo bad. Let me put it this way: what would be the consequence's of Superman get from saving his Dad? His identity being found out? That can easily be solved.

he could but is that always the right thing to do? What would happen to the world if superman was constantly everywhere saving everyone, stopping every war

an entire race of children being watched by a super nanny

I'm sure this wasn't the point of the movie, but it asked people to put themselves in superman suit and realizing how hard it is to do the right thing, starting with deciding what the right thing to do is