BLACK PANTHER

What are your expectations for this movie, Sup Forums? It began filming this week.

>Directed by Ryan Coogler ("Creed")

>Written by Joe Robert Cole ("American Crime Story")

>Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa / Black Panther.

>Michael B. Jordan as Erik Kilmonger, T'Challa's nemesis.

>Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue, a weapons dealer seeking revenge against Wakanda.

>Winston Duke as M'Baku, a vicious warrior who opposes T'Challa.

>Martin Freeman as Everett Ross, a CIA agent that assists T'Challa.

>Danai Gurira as Okoye, leader of Wakanda's elite honor guard, the Dora Milaje.

>Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia, T'Challa's childhood friend and a member of the Dora Milaje.

>Florence Kasumba as Ayo, a member of the Dora Milaje and T'Challa's personal bodyguard.

>Daniel Kaluuya as W'Kabi, Tchalla's best friend and lieutenant.

>Forest Whitaker as Zuri, an elderly Wakandan statesman and T'Challa's advisor.

>Letitia Wright as Shuri, T'Challa's sister.

>Angela Basset as Ramanda, T'Challa's mother.

>Sterling K. Brown as N'Jobu, a figure from T'Challa's past.

>Phylicia Rashad in an undisclosed role.

>Plot reportedly centers on T'Challa attempting to foil a conspiracy masterminded by Kilmonger and Klaue to usurp the throne and exploit Wakanda's Vibranium reserves.

>There'll be flashbacks of T'Challa's time abroad studying in the United States in the 1990's.

>Serious tone with focus on political intrigue, like "Captain America: The Winter Soldier".

Should we even wonder what the chances of Kil and Klaw living through the film are

I expect to be disappointed. Not by the movie, but by every facet that surrounds it. Especially/co/

I'm looking forward to it

Kilmonger is fucked. Klaw probably less so.

I hope he builds Bucky a new arm and they go on a brief heist adventure at the beginning.

>Serious tone with focus on political intrigue, like "Captain America: The Winter Soldier".

Oh boy, I wonder how many exploding aircraft carriers are going to be in Marvel's latest Seventies Political Thriller(tm).

I expect very little.
I expect a badly shoehorned in romance story. I expect cheap quips. I expect moderately good CG works on mediocre camerawork. Basically another formulaic Marvel film.

>Plot reportedly centers on T'Challa attempting to foil a conspiracy masterminded by Kilmonger and Klaue to usurp the throne and exploit Wakanda's Vibranium reserves.

Isn't that, like 80% of Black Panther plots?
Dude can't go to the bathroom without someone trying to take over his country

I think that they are going for a "Pulp" tone on this.

>Serious tone with ... "Captain America: The Winter Soldier".
They also said the same with Doctor Strange before the focus testing.

>What are your expectations
a great movie and since they've had 16 in a row I'm sure I won't be disappointed

I expect a perfectly adequate movie that will draw moderate critical acclaim, a decent box office profit, and lots of nit picking from these boards.

I want to see M'Baku's ridiculous gorrila themed vibranium power suit in the sequel

I expect a bland but watchable movie.

I expect controversy from Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums
Maybe a few idiots on twitter who think Wakanda is real

Everyone grading it 10/10 because it stars a black man. No I don't post on Sup Forums. I was just sick of random people on the street saying he was badass in civil war and when I asked how he was badass they couldn't respond. Almost like they were pressured to give that answer otherwise they are a racist. Hope it's good, I like the lore of the character especially his shit with Doom but Marvel is nuts now so I dunno.

>I was just sick of random people on the street saying he was badass in civil war and when I asked how he was badass they couldn't respond.

You sound annoying.

>badly shoehorned in romance story
more rare for a movie not to have this

>I expect cheap quips
>any jokes are going to be considered cheap quips now

>moderately good CG works on mediocre camerawork
Camerawork for MCU is pretty good overall...

>I can greentext and reduce a movie to its most barebones elements
>somehow that makes the movie itself lesser

He was badass because he was an experienced and confident warrior who really didn't give a fuck about the accords. Was relentless in trying to kill Bucky. Took out Zemo. Good character arc through the film transitioning from vengeance to forgiveness. Even gives Bucky sanctuary at the end. Pretty based character overall. Anyone who saw the film could've told you that.

>I was just sick of random people on the street saying he was badass in civil war and when I asked how he was badass they couldn't respond.

Maybe they didn't respond because they didn't feel like getting into a debate with some random neckbeard faggot they just met on the street about a superhero movie?

>You sound annoying.
Why? I was making conversation. They liked him so I asked to elaborate and they couldn't. That is annoying.

>He was badass because he was an experienced and confident warrior who really didn't give a fuck about the accords.
So was everyone on Cap's side. Your point? At least everyone on Cap's side had 1 or more major defining battle in previous movies to get to that bad ass level. He just showed up and did flips and shit because he could. They didn't even portray his absurd Batman like level of preparedness like they do in the comics. Granted I know this movie had to flip flop shit due to them not knowing what was going on with Spiderman but still. The amount of praise heaped on him was ridiculous and I feel his movie could be dogshit and they still will give it a high rating.

>So was everyone on Cap's side. Your point? At least everyone on Cap's side had 1 or more major defining battle in previous movies to get to that bad ass level.
So your argument is that he wasn't badass because everyone on Cap's Team had badass moments?

>He just showed up and did flips and shit because he could.
It's Black Panther. That's what he does...

>They didn't even portray his absurd Batman like level of preparedness like they do in the comics.

Because it was a fucking Captain America movie. Not a Black Panther movie.

>The amount of praise heaped on him was ridiculous and I feel his movie could be dogshit and they still will give it a high rating.

I don't care if you "don't go to Sup Forums" this still sounds like some weird projection/insecurity thing because the character is black and people liked him.

>So your argument is that he wasn't badass because everyone on Cap's Team had badass moments?
No that isn't my argument at all I was just responding to that point you made independent of my overall point.

>It's Black Panther. That's what he does...
Lots of heroes do too. Dunno if I would call Cap badass because he does flips.

>Because it was a fucking Captain America movie. Not a Black Panther movie.

That's fucking fine I didn't expect them too. My point was had they snuck that in somewhere it would help with the case for him being badass. I see this back and forth is going to have a lot of strawmans and hyperbole.

>because the character is black and people liked him

Precisely I think people only liked him or more specifically called him "badass" because he was black in that movie which is a shame because he is quite good in some of his own stories. I don't think what I am writing here is farfetched seeing as I LIKE the character but hate PC politics interfering with the characters.

>Shuri
>M'Baku
>FUCKIN ZURI
Neat.

Biggest fear was that they'd weigh it down with Civil War shit and biggest gripe was that actor's 2puny to be Killmonger. Keep Bucky in the fridge and give Jordan some weights and I'm gold.

>I can greentext and reduce a post to its most barebones elements
>somehow that makes the post itself lesser

I really want Killmonger to come back in later films but would rather he die first. Resurrection's almost a defining feature of the character.

>What a want
A high profile Blaxploitation
>What I expect
Not a high profile Blaxploitation

You've gotten the spirit of the post totally backwards mon frere.

I like how now both Human Torches are in the MCU. And it'll be my first real exposure to Black Panther, so I'm unsure what to expect.

Klaw is played by Andy Serkis, pretty sure Disney knows better then to waste Andy Serkis like that.