Who will be THE artist of the 2010s/2020s?

who will be THE artist of the 2010s/2020s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zol2MJf6XNE
youtube.com/watch?v=cLwnGbWyIiw
youtu.be/-FyjEnoIgTM
youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5Jw9T5Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=wnk2-Jctg6A
youtube.com/watch?v=54GUbY32CwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

me

kendrick lamar

>Sup Forums

Kanye, Kendrick, One Direction and Justin Bieber in the past and currently but 2010 isn't even over

hes already begun his descent into mediocrity so no

Why does Trump always attract the best artists?

There weren't any artists of the 2010s.

Literally who?

Christian XXX

>artist

You mean popstar?

I wouldn't call his new album mediocre

be humble, delet that post

This but unironically

Lionel Messi

Has the White House ever had this much MILF and musical genius in it before?

If you go simply by sales, Michael Jackson is still near the top of the charts. This man managed to stay relevant for six decades, withstanding two bouts of pedo accusations and death, and survive numerous shifts in musical tastes. Has there ever been a greater success in all of the modern music industry?

the nigress who almost got beat to death by her nigger boyfriend
rihana or however its spelled

Aren't those used interchangeably?

pop music is dead as an artform

this guy

>pop music
>artform
>pick one

No one in the mainstream

None of them came up with any new sounds, styles, or anything.

I don't know any of them except Miley.

Isn't Justin Bieber dad pop by now?

Taylor > Kendrick > Kanye

probably someone bad

You’re right, I called it uninspired trash.

Bruno Mars is trying to revive 80s and early 90s Pop/R&B sound

>revive the 80's

OH BRAVO WHAT AN ORIGINAL IDEA NO ONE HAS EVER DONE BEFORE IN MUSIC EVER ITS NOT LIKE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING 80'S REVIVAL SINCE THE 90'S ENDED

This is the same reason why I hate ready player one and stranger things

animal collective, arcade fire, lcd sound system, mgmt, vampire weekend, neutral milk hotel, deer hunter, Ariel Pink, Sufjan Stevens, My Bloody Valentine, radiohead

TayTay
Christiano Ronaldo
Neymar
Kendrick Lamar
Drake
Trump
Putin
(Kanye?)
Kim Kardashian
The Rock

Nobody will know any of those people except Radiohead in 50 years you stupid nigger

name five notable attempts

So? That's still not something new and original.

The millenials don't have their own Beatles, Michael Jackson, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, or anything.

It's just dance troupes and confetti cannons to songs about how special we all are.

Reminder that the music industry is just a tool to brainwash the youth into degeneracy and abandoning old culture and values. The quality of the music is irrelevant.

Would you like to explain further?

Jews

to be fair. go out on the street and ask people to name 5 musicians or bands from the 60's. many people will fail at the attempt.

>begun
he's been mediocre from the start

animal colllective is GOAT early teens indie pop you plebe

youtube.com/watch?v=zol2MJf6XNE

I can’t believe people like Sufjan. His pic on Wikipedia is enough to make me discard his entire discography desu.

lapalux is zeitgeist-kino

youtube.com/watch?v=cLwnGbWyIiw

>normies choice awards

Lady Gaga

she's completely irrelevant in the 2010s

she just played the Superbowl and Coachella, she started acting and won a golden globe for it--i know it's not the gold standard but that means people is still paying attention

not to mention her sound of music tribute and national anthem for the superbowl before hers, and her jazz album with tony benett drew her new groups of followers

and Born This Way was 2011 and still among the biggest pop eras among the pop prositutes

some obscure patricians choice will be rembered in 50 years instead of Christiano ronaldo... yea no

The one and only Goose

>>pick one

tame impala, car seat headrest, father john misty, mac demarco, diiv, Alabama shakes, king krule, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, death grips, Sleaford Mods, swans, sun kil moon, St. Vincent

You know. All the mainstream chart toppers

is he the next BIG artist?

looks like a woman

Who?

>not including serial killer Elton John

Deafheaven, wolves in the throne room, liturgy, ghost bath, fleshgod apocalypse, Whirr, Code Orange, Sunn O)))

lil pump

youtu.be/-FyjEnoIgTM

oh forgot vektor

youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5Jw9T5Zk

Rec me some good metal user.

this is a ftm tranny right?

Bruno mars, unironically

Kanye

Imo arcade fire is the best band of the 10s. But in the future nobody will remember it.

wow that is fucking awful, how can anyone past the age of 13 listen to this shit?

thats why metal is still alive because it will forever piss off olds

>surely this user is just a jerk
>first few seconds, "this is nice"
>skip a minute in, fucking DANCEDANCEREVORUTIOOOOOOO

damn varg was cute

There are plenty of new sounds, you just won't hear any of them in the top 100, because pop music is made and marketed with algorithms now.

Also
>Seriously implying that the beatles, MJ and Nirvana weren't manufactured groups that lifted their entire sound from the real pioneers.

Heh, next you'll be telling us that the Sex pistols were new and original too.

>ctrl+f
>no Frank Ocean
>NO FUCKING FRANK GOAT OCEAN

I'm done with this board.

>Reminder Sup Forums UNIRONICALLY thinks Kanye West is good.

>NO FUCKING FRANK GOAT OCEAN
He's a completely forgettable FOTM. Nobody will remember him in 15 years.

And you'd be looked at as an obvious contrarian. No one cares what you think.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnk2-Jctg6A
youtube.com/watch?v=54GUbY32CwM

Trannies are the future.

>never been to Sup Forums
Unironically, even at his worst, Kanye is still far more creative than most artists and artistically gifted enough to deliver a unique product every time. Even his bad shit is so incredibly different from anything else anybody else is doing

>MJ
>manufactured groups that lifted their entire sound from the real pioneers
objectively false

And? It's impossible to original with so much music that's been produced you absolute moron.

he will though.

Blonde and Channel Orange are some of the best albums released since 2010.

Absolute fact.

>I'm done with this board.

Well at least one good thing came from this shit thread.

>they will be dragged into and hung in the streets for all to see and behold
and that day will not be here soon enough. But it is coming

There are people who don't know the beatles these days you idiot. Most things will be forgotten.

>agalloch
I like the cut of your jib

>being this much of a run of the mill modern thot
Frank Ocean sucks my wiener.

Pop is the capeshit of music

>Sup Forums UNIRONICALLY believes this

I tried to get into Frank Ocean, but he's just boring. I listened to Channel Orange 2 or 3 times and none of the songs stuck in my head. I liked some of his earlier stuff, Novocane is a great song, but the dude bought his own hype and started making trash

>art
>2010-2020

Carly Bae Jepsen

I'd hit it with a helicopter.

r&b is pretty dead at this point. Frank ocean is bland and forgettable, i feel like people just pretend to like him because they feel for marketing or some shit.
The r&b guy that will be remembered is the weekend

Just because they don't know who laid down the formula which all modern music follows doesn't mean the beatles didn't invent it.

People take for granted the impact of tesla/eddison too, ya know.

again, in case you can't read,
>never been to Sup Forums

>Sup Forums UNIRONICALLY believes I will UNIRONICALLY believe this

Post Malone

>Blonde and Channel Orange are some of the best albums released since 2010.

His albums are mildly popular with a niche of trendy sorts who will move on when the hype dies down. His musical style will become viewed as dated and cheesy within a decade or so, like most urban artists of his ilk have and his lack of traditional pop sensibilities means that nobody will remember his material, let alone choose to listen to his music once its no longer cool, barring a tiny faction of hardcore fans who enjoy its nostalgia value.
Here's an real absolute fact: He's never released a single that's charted decently and probably never will and singled are what people remember and listen to 15 years later, not albums.

you should chop your dick off and become a woman that'll really piss them off