Mike > Joel

Mike > Joel

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/07/24/comic-con-2016-mst3k-reboot-coming-exclusively-to-netflix
club-mst3k.com/
mediafire.com/file/mc8gcd2h9tung2b/MST3k_Music.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually agree mike = best host. But Joel did create the series.

No argument here. Joel's affect was a bit too flat and he always just came across as sleepy. Plus, his prop humor didn't really do anything for me. Mike had more of an earnestness about him, I could buy that he was a regular joe that the mads didn't like.

The writing went to crap when they lost TV's Frank, though.

Mike was way more versatile with voices and characters and had more charisma on screen. He was the better host.

And the serialized stories in the Sci-Fi Channel years were a great hook to the host segments, too. Plus narrowing the selection down to just scifi, horror and fantasy flicks helped. No more shitty westerns or spy thrillers.

Mike era was better in every way.

You already made this thread on Sup Forums, so I'll just paste what I said there.

>Joel has better host segments.
>Mike has better riffs.

>Joel is a limousine liberal.
>Mike is one of the few working conservative entertainers.

Regardless of whether you prefer Joel's MST3K or Mike's, I think we can all agree that Rifftrax is better than the MST3K reboot will be.

I count the boards....and you the slits....ready?

>I think we can all agree that Rifftrax is better than the MST3K reboot will be.

You aren't looking forward to the comedy stylings of Patton Oswald and Felicia Day!?

The reboot is going to be so bad. It's just going to be just...awful.

Is Joel wealthy? Money from MST3K royalties?

But yeah, Mike is better overall and Rifftrax is great.

You take the phrase "limousine liberal" too literally. But yeah, I'm sure he's doing well.

I would honestly be surprised if he didn't get a cut of every episode ever made, seeing as he created the show, but in this context I think that limousine liberal isn't explicitly a comment on his wealth.

Agreed.
Remember when Sup Forums had MST3k streams?

>Joel create the series
Oh please, Mike WAS the show. He was head writer, and Joel is hard to work with. Not to mention Mike had the decency to leave the show alone when it ended. Joel on the other hand gets Felicia Day and Patton Oswald in his shitty reboot.

THIS

Has Mike, Bill or Kevin commented on the revival.

Bill and Kevin are coming back as Bobo and Observer.

From what I understand they're against it. Oh, and look forward to Tom Servo going from classy to literal "guy who acts black but we'll replace the race jokes with the word robot"

Mike gave the new series his blessing in return for being allowed to sell episodes of his run of MST on the Rifftrax site.

Otherwise I'd expect him to be smart enough to not say anything and just let that trash fire be Joel's problem.

Mike did write "A Patrick Swazye Christmas".

So why the fuck are they not Servo and Crow again?

First Im hearing of it, I think hes full of shit user

Agreed on it. Still love Joel, though.

Not that guy but probably because Servo and Crow are co-hosting roles that would require they spend less time on Rifftrax, but they could probably film all their skits as Bobo and Brain Guy in a single afternoon.

Alright, post underrated episodes
>The Sword and the Dragon
>Final Justice
>Agent of HARM

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Might've misheard their specific roles, but here's a source:
ign.com/articles/2016/07/24/comic-con-2016-mst3k-reboot-coming-exclusively-to-netflix
>Yesterday, it was announced at San Diego Comic-Con that more alums from the original series will be back for the reboot, including Bill Corbett, Mary Jo Pehl and Kevin Murphy.

The 'bots having new voices is nothing new. Remember Josh Weinstein's voice for Tom? Remember how Trace Beaulieu suddenly stopped voicing Crow for literally no in-show reason?

>Final Justice
>Underrated
user...

My picks:
Zombie Nightmare
The Dead Talk Back
The Painted Hills

Ah sorry user, got Final Justice mixed up with Final Sacrifice. I was the retard not you.

Not even being "that" guy, but I think they're both equal. Joel was your father, Mike was your brother. Both brought something different to the table and, to me, it's impossible to compare the two. That being said, Mike did get a lot of better movies.

Well Satan, I wont touch you, but I will tell you I normally dont hear Final Justice too often and most opt for Prince of Space or Space Mutiny or something.

Honestly, the only Joel movies I remember were the Gamera and Godzilla films, maybe one or two others.

Mike got the lion's share of "good" movies, but I like both of them equally, leaning a little more towards Mike as he's the host I grew up on.

I normally cant tolerate Joel, but I will admit Master Ninja 1 and 2 gave me a few chuckles but thats probably more from the bots

>You take the phrase "limousine liberal" too literally
Because that's literally what it means, a wealthy liberal.

Mike's funnier but the Joel episodes felt weirdly surreal to me. Maybe it's just the movies he got landed with, but for whatever reason Joel's episodes make much better weird 2 AM viewing than Mike's.

Oh, and Joel's host segments were mostly better than Mike's, at least when he wasn't writing an entire skit based around some exceedingly obscure piece of local trivia that about 4 people worldwide would understand.

>Prince of Space
>Invasion of the Neptune Men
>The Wild, Wild World Of Batwoman
>War of the Colossal Beast
>The Killer Shrews
>Warrior of the Lost World
>Outlaw
>High School Big Shot

Alright Sup Forums, what are some of your favorite episodes? I need some recommendations.

Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders.

My personal favorite is "Prince of Space." I could rewatch it a thousand times and never get tired of it.

I Accuse My Parents
Pumaman
Final Justice
Time of the Apes
Werewolf
Teenagers from Outer Space
Time Chasers

>Space Mutiny
>Prince of Space
>Merlins Shop of Mystical Wonders
>Final Justice
>Squirm
>The Final Sacrifice
>Boggy Creek 2
>Werewolf
>Quest of the Delta Knights
>Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
>Jack Frost
>Time Chasers
>Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
>Future War
>Gorgo
I could go on, but those are some solid episodes

FUCK! I forgot Pumaman!

Werewolf is my personal favorite

Did someone say Wharwylf?

Perfect, thanks. Any good streaming sites, or will the first google result do?

I don't know, you had him last.

My name is Pleasence and I am funky

club-mst3k.com/

Don't you mean Pyuumaman?

They have an official youtube channel with full episodes and annotations

Are you the guy writing anti-aztec stuff on the bathroom wall?

I ALONE DECIDE WHETHER IT WILL BE WAR OR PEACE
LIFE OR DEATH
POTATOES OR STUFFING

No, I meant Thep Umaman

A thread where apes evolved from men?

So, Rowsdower, is that a stupid name, or...?

Most of the episodes listed should be an easy find on YouTube. A few episodes with touchier copyright issues like the Gamera and Godzilla movies can't be uploaded, but the suggestions people gave are up and easy to find.

>The 'bots having new voices is nothing new.

The issue is less they're new and more that they're AWFUL!

I want a Pumaman edit of MoS now, or at least the Pumaman theme dubbed over Superman flying
>"The police answer their Zapp Rowsdower hotline!"

>Space Mutiny
CHIP BEEFSTEAK

Just thinking about that episode sends me into childish giggle fits to this day

Werewolf
Worwilf

Dictator for life, Santa
People say "rack" to me a lot, why?
He had to get in one last hair coloring before he died

Agreed but mad props to Joel for the creation of the best show to ever be on tv.

MST3k Music
Sure to include your favorites...

mediafire.com/file/mc8gcd2h9tung2b/MST3k_Music.zip

One of my favourite bits was the pre-film short about how to be a better Chevy salesman and the robots scream whenever the one character comes on screen.

Or when Aztecs attack.

(he's hired, he's hired, he's hired)
I'M HIRED
(he's hired, he's hired, he's hired)
I HOPE I DON'T GET FIRED

BIG MCLARGEHUGE

FLINT HARDROCK

the one about cheating is my favorite

> or is he just pure evil

>"I just found out Count Dracula was a fag, and thems the facts!"
For the life of me, I still cant fathom what in the hell Dictator Santa was talking about. The scene just fucking stops for him to say this batshit crazy line for no reason

Youtube has 90% of the series on it.

FIST ROCKGROIN

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

Ah Raul. May it always be a Tuesday wherever you are.

Interview with the Vampire was very popular a little while before, and that movie kind of pioneered the "effeminate vampire" concept in movies.

Tossing in "Wild World of Batwoman," "Frankenfish," and all of the Gamera movies.

So what you're saying is Fingle didnt Dopple?

The difference is that the replacing voices have always helped provide a new flavor to the characters. Murphy was a straight up improvement, and Corbet KNEW he sounded different, so instead of trying to imitate Trace, he simply did the best delivery he could, which worked perfectly.

The issue with the new voices is that they not only sound like really bad imitations of Kevin and Trace, but every delivery we've heard has been horrendous.

I'm sorry, but the donkey mud wrestlers are supposed to use the REAR entrance
>Well, you'd be the expert on that

That guy went onto voice Cosmo

Vinny > Joel

Mr B. Natural.

So who here listened to the folks that rose up in the mid 00s before Rifftrax came on the scene.

One I remember most is DVDPodblast along with a small amount of others and I think it was on Crowcast website.

What are the best Rifftrax films? I've never actually watched any. I'll probably end up pirating most anyway

Also I'm trying to stay optimistic about the reboot, but I just don't know. At least it'll be on Netflix so not really paying an extra for it.

Pod People
Stone Cold but it is Rifftrax and now Amazon Prime has that shit

Blood Waters of Doctor Z

Will this post be good or will it be
bad

Twilight and Battlefield Earth come to mind.

Not if he was a stupid Anteater.

Best Rifftrax are Battlefield Earth and Twilight

>tfw the new season will probably be garbage
>Felicia Day
>Patton Oswalt

At least they won't be commentating I guess

I'm not getting all the trepidation over the show. Joel's handling it. He's the one who first orchestrated the switch in hosts and bots, anyways. If anyone can do it again, he can.

Is it just, "Oh no, internet 'star' Felicia Day and liberal comedian Patton Oswalt!"

The Room is always good.

Twilight was golden, though the downside is you still need to watch Twilight.

so i didn't watch MST3K as a kid/teen and i feel like i missed my chance to Get It. what are the best eps to watch and join the cult

wild that that's how people ID Patton nowadays

Amazon Prime has like 15 or so. Includes the spoiler , Icebreaker (bald Bruce Campbell fighting Rudy), Supersonic Man and some others.

I'm worried about the lack of MST3k's best writers.

The host is incredibly not funny. The reboot is like watching someone take care of their precious, beautiful child, raise them well in a caring family, and then once the child has become older and already had their success, attempt to turn them into a dirty crack whore for some extra cash.

Fuck Joel for doing it. MST3K had one of the best runs on television, and instead of keeping it on a high note, he has to bring it back just so he can drag it through the mud.

Read the thread

Have you ever seen seasons 0 and 1? That was without Mike. Mike was the heart and soul of the show. Joel made it, yeah, but Mike was the reason the writing was so good.

Unfortunately not on Canadian Prime because Amazon.ca is shit.

You know I've never watched a single episode of Cinematic Titanic. Part of me says to give Joel a fair shake but the rest of me just can't be assed

Okay, that I can understand. So much emphasis seemed to be put on the casting that it baffled me. Mike's my favorite too and I do lament that he's not up for chipping in. But I'm still willing to give the show a shot. I mean, it's MST3K. If 60% of the jokes hit, it's an A episode.

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I FIND THE FIRST THREE KTMA EPISODES THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES I DON'T HAVE