We made it guys!

Don't forget the advertising which probably cost an extra $150m

Gross=/=Profit
retard

didn't see any

it has only been 2 weeks, should be fine + home sales

Fuck, only 156mil , bad box office for such a film
and then TFA 2 will make 1 billion again pfff

I see it all the time on Sup Forums, even with adblockers.

now needs to tripple this to start being profitable
at 350 mil worldwide may actually be earning something

Thor and Geoshit came out soon. There is no chance to kino to succeed.

stop pulling shit out of your ass

I'd imagine the advertisement budget for this one was less than the production budget, even so it probably needs to reach 250 or so before it makes a profit.

You're forgetting the advertising. A Big budget movie has roughly 100 to 150 million in advertising. Even small movies generally have 30-40 mil in advertising. Commercial time just isn't cheap.

The movie flat out tanked.

Just wait till it gets it released in China, they saved kino before (John Wick, WoW)

I've seen this flick 3 times now. I can't carry on much longer. Someone else needs to pitch in!

Except it's not. Of that 165 mil, the company might see 50% then add to that the amount of money spent on advertising. The movie needs to make triple it's budget to break even.

>WoW
>kino
uhhhh

>I can't carry on much longer
kek

John Carter, Battleship, Need For Speed, The Great Wall and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.

Damn, this movie is doing badly. I thought it was just underperforming but doing okay, not that it was a Ghostbusters tier flop.

china has a limited amount of american films it can release

i think it might skip this to play more capeshit

Neither of those are kino you fucking reddit flick buff
fucking make /film/ already hiro

It's not like the 2049 needs another sequel anyway

yeah but this means denis won't get money for dune

WB is pulling it from 945 screens this week. They moved the Chinese release date up two weeks. It's over. Home viewing residuals are all it can hope for.

he already did newfag, and it bombed tremendously. We are never getting a proper film again cause theres too many underaged or mentally underaged retards on this site.

Theaters get like 50% of gross.

WB/Sony probably spent $100M promoting the movie in addition to the production budget.

Lol let's spend $150,000,000 to make $150,000,000. Yes, our goal is to break even. We had no intention of actually making money.