Rome thread

Who was in the wrong?

Brutus, the backstabbing piece of cac

Caesar
>TRVE ROMAN

Brutus
>not a trve roman

Caesar seemed like a nice guy desu. Dunno why people hated him.

Does anyone else get the feeling Brutus is supposed to be the bastard of Caesar?

Who was Best Girl, and why was it Octavia?

Badlet

In real life Cicero, Pompey and the Senate were the good guys

>fucked her brother

>that scene with Agrippa in S2 where they were fucking over and over again and losing track of time

He was trying to become A KING. A FUCKING KING. IN. ROME.

Only James Purefoy fags think otherwise, he was actually portrayed as a completely incompetent ass

>Cicero
>Influenced European languages and culture single handed for centuries to come
>Great statesman, orator and linguist
>Even comparable to the rest of the bitch ass senate

>Pompey
>good guy

he flip flopped more than Trump and always for his own interest, he didnt give a damn about the senate or the people of the rome, pompey cared about pompey and wanted to be first man in Rome, so he allied with whatever gave him the best chance at being just that.
Cicero was at the very least consistent even though he was defending a hopelessly corrupt institution.

Near the end of S2 they redeemed Cicero desu. I didnt like how they made him such a coward though. Sure they redeemed him near the end, but it didnt make sense to have him be such a pussy for almost the whole show

Based Octaviaposter

Autistic oligarchs couldnt stand the thought of a single ruler.

HE

WUZ

That's because "single ruler" is much too close to king, and king was a seriously dirty word in Rome. Augustus offically called himself "first citizen" instead of emperor for a reason.

>Brutus I love and trust you but there are literal signs everywhere in the city saying that you're going put a knife in my back, there was a public letter penned in your name referring to me as a tyrant, your mother hates me and now I hear is apparently trying to persuade you into killing me, you're close friends with (and even house) those who openly talk of killing me, and you do have something of a dynastic reputation for killing alleged 'tyrants'. The situation is awkward. How about governing Macedonia for a bit?
>WOOOOOW DUDE YOU SERIOUSLY THINK I'D EVER WANT TO KILL YOU? HOW DARE YOU, THAT'S INSANE.
I'M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THAT. MUM WAS RIGHT.

Is he /ourguy/

CONSULZ

CONSVLZ*

>this was cancelled for got

Truly the worst timeline

His mum was a cunt tho

To Romans anyway. He genocided the Gauls. He was literally ancient Hitler.

>Cicero

is that good cunny?

Mance Rayder and Edmure Tully never interacted though. Edmure still lives while Mance is dead, so Mance was in the wrong.

>cuck retard that dies like a bitch

Most def

I think that's what they were going for. The two actors even look like they could be related.

>He genocided the Gauls.

If they were genocided how could they bring down rome in the end?

Those were Goths, my nigger. They came from the east. Gauls were natives of France.

caesar was a communist and genocided the gallic celts

They were 4 years apart.

She is literally just a hole to be filled

Because Rome fell nearly 500 years after Caesar's death, and from a different group.

Caesar basically fucked the gauls hard after they tried to rebel 3 times in a few years, every time they were stronger and every time caesar crushed them. In the end Gaul could not rebel, he'd outright destroyed many tribes like the veneti and kept the peace by leaving the friends of rome, the remi and aunei strong and able to keep their neighbours in line.

It pissed me off and it makes the fact he had so much sway in the Senate make no sense
His legal career and shit talking is the stuff of real legend
>Personifies Rome to execute traitors without formal trial
>Promises not to call someone a whore in trial and proceeds to do exactly that
>Gets a poet off the hook because his work is so valuable and great to Rome he could not betray Rome
Great man

attia was SOO fucking sexy
i dont know how anyone can like that slouched over octavia

That faggot Brutus
He was either to stupid to know he was definitely starting another civil war which will only harm Rome and its citizens even more which ensures once again whoever has the biggest army will rule just as before
Or he knew this would happen but was selfish enough to do it anyway

What did he mean by this? What is a bloody mollie? Is it some sort of roman term like pontifex maximus?

Because Octavia is PURE. Attia is an old used-up bitter whore

>CITIZEN OF THE DUBS !

>Literally the least pure character
Delusional

Lucious was a cunt

Is it just me or does he have a Gallic look about him?

how much did the kikes pay the news reader to announce that mockery of their one god will be kept to a minimum? even back then they were attempting to control the media

Fortune pisses on your singles

Nah just further proof that brits, scots and especially welsh are roman rape babies

I'm a Trve Roman !

Judaism as we know it today began with Rome. Revelations is the very first Sup Forums post.

The show didn't do a very good job of exemplifying the pressure Brutus would've been under to side against Caesar from every angle.
>Hurr mom made me do it
That was dumb. Then again, when you look past the theatrical dialogue, banter, and amazing sets, Rome is very shallow.

TRVE ROMAN DVBS FOR TRVE ROMANS

>"I assure you, I am as true a Roman as any, as is my wife and her son."

What did he mean by this?

what do these gestures mean

Outta my way barbarian fucking shit

>mfw I'm fighting at the far edge of our Imperium to protect a fat speaking publicity billboard

>Caesar basically fucked the gauls hard after they tried to rebel 3 times in a few years
To suggest they 'rebelled' is to suggest they were under Roman authority and not a sovereign people.

GAIUS

JULIUS

CAESAR

squamata > segmentata

THIRTEEN! THIRTEEN!

*XIII! XIII!

CAES

ULIUS

CAESAR

Brutus is an honorable man. Caesar was ambitious.

Pluto's tears, I feel like a right pleb now.

Rewatching at the moment. What does Mark Anthony whisper to Cleopatra after she has renegotiated the grain deal? I can guess of course but interested in the wording for a friend who might like to use it. You can sort of hear it but no subtitles.

The gauls attacked the romans first every single time.

They deserved it

SOURCE!

Well they knew how to draw in a crowd back then. Nobody wants to listen to you if you just stand there. Also people in the back can't hear every word you say so the gestures help to put your point across.

How do they attack a foreign army in their lands first?

Brutus.

>treated like a son by Caesar
>went to war, lost, and Caesar pardoned him
>decided to kill him because Caesar wanted him out of the city for a few years

The people loved Caesar, it was only the nobles of the senate who didn't like him because he was going to weaken their oligarchy by giving more land and rights to everyone else.

>The gauls
There was no such thing until Caesars conquest was long under way and Vercingetorix united all the different tribes to finally put a stop to the roman's just fucking everyone up.

Why didn't that eventually happen when Augustus took the throne?

Who was in the wrong?

I want to say Brurus because Caesar was so charismatic. But Caesar letting non-romans into the senate was too much.The fall of rome was because of multicultural take over like the west is facing now,guess well never learn.

because Augustus didn't give a fuck and murdered everyone who rebeled

It did. The average person living within Rome had far more rights under the Principate than they did under the Republic.
The only people the Principate was really bad for was the old senate aristocracy.

And the land reforms happened while Caesar was consul.

Sauce on this? Genuinely interested to read a take on the Roman imperial period as a victory for the plebs.

because everyone was dead by the time Augustus took over and he wasn't so obvious about being king of rome like Caesar was. He let the senate do their thing as long as they didn't interfere with his vision for rome.

>there will never be another ROME

Kind of, although I would say giving conquered peoples rights is different than just letting the gates open to whomever because your population is too lazy to farm or fight.

Giving Gauls seats when their land was then part of the empire didn't destabilize the empire. It wasn't really multiculturalism, it was Romanization. Letting in hordes of Germans who didn't want to assimilate and just wanted gold was horribly destabilizing.
Sort of like letting in the third world in now, they don't want to be British, American, French, etc. They just want the wealth in those nations.

Well Romanization started in many places, as far east as modern romania, hell even Attila liked roman technology an ideas, especially with people like Aetius.

You can see roman influence everywhere. Even British who hated Rome ended up taking on their ideas if only to rebuild the things they lost in the interregnum conquests from Normandy and raids from vikings etc.

Go make your own, all you need is a bunch of horny dudes,thats how rome was founded.

>start a town with just dudes
>this sausage fest suxs
>go steal womens
>Rome

the super expensive set burned down
and it would have cost too much to rebuild it.

that is why they use the cheap ass cgi for that shitshow got

Caesar was becoming a tyrant. Brutus did what he had to and has gone down in history as an asshole for it.

t. sabine cuck

there is nothing wrong with a benevolent dictatorship. much better than a malevolent oligarchy

Truly, Brutus is an honorable man.

Oh snap

>putting your own sense of honor over the good of the republic
Not very honorable

>their lands
their fucking tribesman
bunch of campers

DELET

the real Cicero was articulate, tempered, showed restraint when necessary and was bold and aggressive at the opportune time. He established modern oratory strategies and lead Rome at 2 crucial junctures.

>permitting the republic to fall into the hands of a BLOODY TYRANT!!!!
>Honorable

Remove orientals from the premises.

He still feels bad about it in GoT.

When weak men inhabited the role, it was bad for everyone but when someone was in there that knew what he was doing, it was great.

Marcus Aurelius, Augustus, etc.

When a ruler knows what he's doing, everyone benefits. When they don't, Commodus's of the world, that's biggest drawback

My favorite thing about this GoT beef is that it originates with Lucius Vorenus' actor being prickly about it and stating his refusal to even seek a role on GoT out of principle.

The man has hard black iron in his soul.

Thats Himler.