Taskmaster general

How are you liking this season? Who do you think will win? Who do you think will win the tournament of champions? How bad will the American version be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKmKharkSzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sally Phillips is the unexpected gem of this season for me.

Yeah. I'm rooting for either her or Bob to win. I think they'd be the most fun in the champions special.

Yeah, it's fun watching those two do well, after seasons of the oldest contestant being the punching bag.

>How are you liking this season?
One of the best ones I think. Lots of creative tasks and a great line-up of contestants.
>Who do you think will win?
Bob, probably. He's been doing well throughout. I like Sally a lot and she could easily win it as well, but I'm such a Bob Mortimer fan that I want him to win. Also because that would mean he'd be back for the tournament later on.
>Who do you think will win the tournament of champions?
I've only recently heard about this. I can't even remember who won the other four series, but it's an interesting idea, pitting the five winners against each other. Any idea when this will air?
>How bad will the American version be?
Depends on the line-up entirely. Alex Horne will still be there, and he's still coming up with the tasks, so that part's all in safe hands. But if the contestants aren't funny to watch, it could be a disaster. Also depends on the host, anyone know who's hosting the US version?

>can't even remember who won the other four series
Josh Widdicome, Katherine Ryan, Rob Beckett, and Noel Fielding.

>f the contestants aren't funny to watch, it could be a disaster. Also depends on the host, anyone know who's hosting the US version?

The US lineup is Ron Funches, Lisa Lampenelli, Freddie Highmore, Kate Berlant, and Dillon Francis. Funches is, seemingly, the only good choice in the bunch. Reggie Watts is the Taskmaster. I'm not sure if that'll be good. I think Reggie would be a perfect contestant but I don't think he's right as the Taskmaster. Would've preferred maybe John Hodgman as the Taskmaster.

>Any idea when this will air?
At Christmas I think.

I don't know any of these people, but then again I don't watch much US comedy. I'll watch the US version to check it out, but only because Alex Horne is still involved. Could be good, we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers. Is it a full series of tasks or just a one-off special?

Two hour long episodes.

Interesting. Not a lot of room for tasks then, I wonder if they'll do away with the prize task at the start. Wouldn't make much sense if there's only two episodes.

What're your favourite tasks?
I love the ones where there's a hidden loophole that makes it much easier but nobody (or just one person) discovers it.
>paint a rainbow in the dark (Nish finds a light switch)
>create a bridge to balance a potato using only things touching the table (really useful items taped to the bottom of the table)

And all the tasks that feature that random Swedish guy

My favorite tasks are ones that are open to interpretation in their execution. When each contestant has a different but completely bonkers way of doing it I love it. I'm also a big fan of when a task is just given to just one contestant.

>And all the tasks that feature that random Swedish guy
I liked their Finn finder spin on that.

>when a task is just given to just one contestant.
Even funnier when they get no points for it.

It's so fun to see their reactions in the studio when they find out they were the only one that had to do a certain task. Josh counting baked beans and rice grains was really fun. And Mel Giedroyc getting three nearly impossible tasks with that huge inflated ball on the football field.

It's basically fun to see them get fucked over. Another favourite of mine was
>make the most exotic sandwich
So everyone made really weird and disgusting sandwiches in order to win. Then Alex hands them another envelope.
>eat that sandwich
Had me in stitches man

>And Mel Giedroyc getting three nearly impossible tasks with that huge inflated ball on the football field.
I liked that that one was just about breaking her spirit.

I genuinely couldn't predict Sally Phillips being as weird as she is. Her hug and close up videos were genuinely some of the oddest thing on the show so far. The hug just seemed like she was living out a few of her fetishes.

As is constantly said on here, Sally's turned out to be an unexpected gem. Not a lot of people knew her, though I remember her from Smack the Pony and she turns up in sitcoms now and then. But I definitely did not expect her to be...well, like that.

That birthing film she made with the headcam was insane, and like you I felt that the hugging task showed off some deep and dark fetishes she must have. Riding Alex like a horse, stuffing his face with bread and lettuce, downright waterboarding him. She'd be amazing in the sack.
The absinthe marmite was great as well. She's slightly insane and random but in a good way.

>The absinthe marmite was great as well
I can't tell if she intentionally misunderstood that task, or if it was accidental.

I want to fuck Sally.

She's got that MILF look down to a tee. She's on an episode of Travel Man soon.

Joe Lycett being made to smile every 30 seconds was my favorite solo task.

I think she was just having fun. In fact that seems to be her whole approach to being on Taskmaster.

I very much agree. She looks stunning at 47 and she'd be amazing fun to be with. The sex would be insane, lettuce everywhere etc. She obviously likes a drink. She's funny and you never know what she's going to do. Wife material right there.

That was a great one. This series had the one where Mark Watson had to text something nice to Greg Davies every single day for three months or something. He had to come up with something different every single day. And he never knew he was the only one of the contestants who had to do that. I seem to recall he didn't get a single point for it either, really rubbing it in.

>Mark Watson had to text something nice to Greg Davies every single day for three months or something
A cheeky text for 5 months. Though he actually fell short by two texts. One of them was just 'I have a big dick'

Oh yeah, cheeky, that was it. 5 months though, that's quite a lot, you're bound to either forget one or two days or resort to "I have a big dick"-levels of texts.
I'm gonna watch episode 7 now, haven't had the time to watch it yet. Hope there's more great Sally stuff, Nish being an idiot, and a surprise solo task

>more great Sally stuff, Nish being an idiot
There is and there is. Sally's good right from the prize task.

>no one would do X
>you'd have to be stupid to do X
>these are smart people they wouldn't do X
>who should we see first? Y and Z?

It's a joke that somehow never gets old.

The forced fake chemistry between Greg and Alex is one of the best parts of Taskmaster. The way they pretend they have very little chemistry, and the constant belittling of Alex, and the allusions that Greg keeps Alex locked up in terrible conditions and forces ridiculous rules and restrictions on his life paint a great comedic picture. I really wonder if this will go down well in the US version. I expect a change of format/dimensions there regarding the "relationship" between Reggie Watts and Alex Horne.

The whole Bandanaman thing in episode 6 had me in stitches for some reason.

>Other people can say Bandanaman, I'm just still going to hit Alex

>It's a Katherine turns an innocent task into a feminist crusade episode

>It's wittle Awex Whorn!

Sounds more like Aisling to me. Was Katherine really like that? It's been a while since I watched the series she was in

>Was Katherine really like that?
She was on a few of the tasks, yeah. The getting the balls to the top of the hill comes to mind.

I liked Greg shutting Aisling down when she tried to make a big deal out of him saying 'the women'

Katherine also complained about the live task that involved putting on a tie.

Which is funny, since in a way it's sexist to claim only men should know how to tie a tie.

>I liked Greg shutting Aisling down when she tried to make a big deal out of him saying 'the women'
Great move from Greg there. Aisling's constantly on the lookout for anything sexist even when it's not there and it can get really annoying. So seeing Greg shut her up with actual logic was nice to see.

Any other fav tasks, anyone?

>Any other fav tasks, anyone?
Conceal a pineapple on your person is GOAT

>Jon ends up winning just by hiding it everywhere

Am I alone in not really enjoying the live tasks at the end of an episode? The real humour comes from seeing the people being recorded while doing the tasks months before, and then seeing all of them together in the studio to see how everyone did.
The final tasks aren't that interesting in my opinion.

The one where they had to eat as much watermelon as possible in a minute will always be one of the best. Romesh overestimating how much strength is needed to crack open the melon and eating so much he threw up is a classic.

They're rarely as funny (some are good like make the longest continuous noise and memorize the names of an Australian football team) but I think it's a good way to end the episodes,

>Romesh just picking it up and smashing it on the ground as soon as he finishes reading the task

wasn't this about a demon who made people wish for shit but then fucked them up

Poor Romesh never won an episode. Roisin and Paul managed to win epsiodes somehow but it never happened for Romesh. He wasn't even a bad player.

They need to release the show on DVD at some point. Unlike other panel shows it's very self-contained and won't age badly because of topical jokes and I can't begin to imagine the comedy gold with all of the extra footage they must have. The outtakes and extras they put on youtube are pretty decent.

Has anyone else seen the live version they did with a bunch of tv producers, some of which rejected the show before it landed on Dave?
youtube.com/watch?v=IKmKharkSzc

>most surprisingly expensive item
>Sally brings in one of Bob Mortimer's turds which will be dried out, kept in a crystal ball and up for display at a museum
>worth 15 thousand pounds
Okay that's it. I'm making it my life's mission to marry Sally Phillips.

Yeah the Edinburgh special is okay. The executives just weren't as willing to go for it as the comedians and they have zero banter ability. Still worth watching to feed the Taskmaster addiction.

Pretend you're a water cooler and you're in.

I paused and fapped right then, right there.

>Can you say 'How about a threesome, you, me and a water cooler?'

I really hope Taskmaster lasts long enough for me to emigrate to England, become a professional comedian who's well-known on the comedy circuit so I can take part in a future series. This has the be the most fun experience to go through on television.

Just do the American version.