/STD/iscovery

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344701010
youtube.com/watch?v=J_CnDD_MXq4
youtube.com/watch?v=kznzRgS94vw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Michael was raised by vulcans which is why she is so disciplined while Worf was raised by humans and why he cant fit into klingon culture.

Hot threads you got of there.

STD boldly crushing Orville in ratings while scifi fans tune into STD turning it from a niche show to a wide spread phenonemon.

Many say when Orville is cancelled since everyone hates it that STD will reign supreme as the number one SciFi show.

tfw born 2 late to experience Frakeposting.

Love your suits.

Who wore it better?

The drive makes sense because its based off real science even one of the characters is named after the inventor on STD.

Here is a link that some say is how the creators of STD ripped off an obscure steam point and click game called Tardigrades. The similarities are striking but perhaps STD was more inspired by the game then ripping it off like an homage.

>point and click
meh...

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344701010

Link to the game, apparently the guy made a whole blog post about it too if you wanna read it though there is a video which explains it all too.
youtube.com/watch?v=J_CnDD_MXq4

>I'm such a NERD ELL OH ELL
>I watch StarTrack Discovery, Michael is such an inspiration to my as a feminist
>I love star Wars, I love Rey and Finn
>I watch it with my GF nearly every week!
>Its so fucking cool tee hee

I'm in tears.

You fucking guys.

What about budget per million viewers?

>firefly cancelled after 1 season
The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long

What if the candle is spore enhanced? As we know, the entire universe is connected via fungus!

The shit that smells twice as bad is flushed in half the time.

Did the last episode leak that the creators are using mirrors to enter the mirror universe?

If so what will lorca do when he realizes he is the evil Lorca and the good Lorca is in the real universe.

Please post disclaimer before showing flashing images video! This one triggered my boyfriends epilepsy!

Is that a new fucking cool joke in the latest hilarious episode of fucking STD?

Yes cadet, it fucking is.

Is it safe to post about the actual show yet or are we still under attack by the Orville Marketing Team?

Because I just wanted to say this thing with Voq being Lt. Ash is dumb and I hope they don't do that but they probably will. I was hoping Voq would become a mega space jihadi madman.

How did he not notice his reflection wasn't moving with him?

Do people in the mirror universe know that they're "evil"? Why would the mirror universe think of themselves as "evil" instead of "good" when evil and good are entirely subjective?

someone post the webm. you know the one i mean

>How did he not notice his reflection wasn't moving with him?

>not including the clip

You could always post about the show. The reason Orville gets brought up so much is because it's more like previous star trek than Discovery is. The major difference is it has jokes. If Orville didn't exist, people would still be saying Discovery is shit, it's just easy to compare it to the alternative when both are on.

Is the character on the right supposed to look ugly and doughy and generally displeasing to the eyes?

>what will lorca do when he realizes he is the evil Lorca and the good Lorca is in the real universe.

Standard protocol: self destruct the ship and its crew, escape to live another day.

which is the best waifu?

Geeky girls won't CBS All Access and chill if they are intimidated by attractive women.

Yes i think so, its part of the "diversity" meme they are pushing.

STD is legitimately a mediocre show and an awful awful trek. I cannot fathom how anybody says that STD is anything like Trek. Other than the fact that they use the same words for aliens and their technology, it's unrecognizable. In what state of mind do you have to be to think the writing is good, or even OK? Watching it made me feel like it was making me dumber. It's just so fucking asinine.

Orville seems okay from the 2 episodes I've seen so far but honestly the "lol weed dude lmao!!!" jokes are fucking stupid and turn me off but I'm still going to watch the next couple episodes unless something terrible happens. I couldn't handle STD for more than 3 before giving up. Too many awful scenes.

Charlie?

LOL holy shit. Also wait, does this mean the dickpanther was a giant tardigrade?

>The reason Orville gets brought up so much is because it's more like previous star trek than Discovery is.
Sounds like a great thing to discuss in The Orville general, instead of marketing the show in an unrelated thread.

Just seems like synchronicity to me, and even then barely so. There was a lot of circle jerking in the "fuck yeah science" crowd about tardigrades a few years back, including the fact that they could survive out in the vacuum of space.

I do actually love the shitty gif of the naked Stamets looking dude with the Tardigrade though.

>Species:Augmented Alien

wow, there's now a species called Alien. Or actually Alian? from Alia Prime?

>He thinks STD has waifus
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>I cannot fathom how anybody says that STD is anything like Trek.
I get that, but there's really no need to shit up a general thread. Not saying that's you personally doing it. If/when I don't like a show, I don't relentlessly fuck its generals up. I just ignore it.

>Augmented Alien
lmao

>Hey, listen, we really appreciate your wanting to join Starfleet, but we're going to need more information about your background. Where are you from, what are your people like?

>I'm an Augmented Alien.

>HIRED!!!

Sounds like a great thing to discuss in /trek/ general, instead of marketing star trek in an unrelated thread.

Dune have better graphic than this (dating well back to 1992)

mad

I don't mind /trek/ posters stopping by.

I like how it's a balding black guy

So creative they couldn't even made up some random new species

>they think the mirror universe is in an actual mirror
I dropped this show after episode 3, tell me this isn't a real part of the show

DaftPunkFu is still best

>this new

seems more likely that was just indicating time dilation of some sort, rather than being a mirror universe. even these idiots can't be THAT stupid

Your standards for hot waifu is literally a small breasted humanoid and you have no idea what she looks like under the mask

It's not, it's just a stinger at the end of that episode. I doubt the mirror universe will even come up in this series like it exists in the other treks.

>dropped this show after episode 3
Why would you want to miss out on this trainwreck? There have been retarded deaths and a D7.

It's going to be a universe. The writer has a fetish for Alice in Wonderland if you haven't realized already from all the subtle references.

>dark blue colours
>WHOA BRIGHT ORANGE

did this fire off the animal centers of anyone else's brains? I am so primally satisfied right now. I love blue and orange, it really appeals to my lizard brain. I don't like to think btw.

BattleStar Treklactica!

>small breasted
I think you mean the perfect handful

>BattleStar Treklactica!

Don't insult BSG. BSG was a fantastic experience.

>subtle references

Why does doesn't it teleport while spinning? Spinning, stopping, then teleportation looks dumb as fuck

I think it's fine for people to discuss things that I don't like in their general threads. I might throw out a "boy this thing sucks" post outside of those generals, but I don't campaign to ruin every single discussion about it. I'm not a fan of a lot of capeshit, but I let those people talk about their shit in peace.

I might torrent if I run out of stuff to watch, but I'm not giving these people my view.

I can project anything under that mask.

>until season 3.5

If you don't like capeshit you were never a fan of the heroes in the first place, no? Very different scenarios.

If anybody actually paying to watch 14 minutes of commercials per hour along with this show were an actual Sup Forums regular, they would have posted a weebm of the changeover by now.

Why is it always moving downward?

so you can get a feeling of action and suspense

>Original #1
>Nurse Chapel
>Yeoman Colt
>Yeoman Rand
>Martha Landon
>Green dancing slut
>Councillor trois cleavage
>Milf crusher (especially if you were a fan of Dune)
>Tasha yar (from yesterdays enterprise)
>Vash
>Jadzia the whore
>Ezri the qt
>Sleepy kes
>Jeri Ryans massive tits
>T'pol's almost as massive tits
>Super charged Carol Marcus
Why is there not a single hot waifu in this show?
All STD has is a spotty fat ginger and a pissed of black girl and something that might resemble a robot.
Star Trek used to be about the sexual awakening of the teenage male.
What happened?

>If you don't like capeshit you were never a fan of the heroes in the first place, no?
I actually read comics growing up, so I was/am still a fan of the heroes in a lot of those movies. It doesn't wound me or anything that people like the things I don't like based on those properties. If anything, I think it's fine that there are new people with different perspectives or reasons for liking it to get into something related to the thing I like.

It doesn't take anything away from me is the point. I like the old Treks, I like this new Trek. If I didn't like this new Trek, I wouldn't watch it, and I wouldn't post much about it, because I know it won't actually accomplish much to focus my attention on it at all. It wouldn't bring me any fulfillment to do that. I'd rather watch and discuss the things that interest me.

>CBS thinks women are ever going to watch Star Trek

Oh bullshit, Game of Thrones is one of the most popular shows on the planet even among the fat smelly feminists and its full of hot tits everywhere and rape scenes.
Feminists love that shit.

anyone got the character bio with name screenshot of who this is?

>It doesn't wound me or anything that people like the things I don't like based on those properties

Accepting way of thinking, sure.. only what people like influences how things are created, and so that will have invariably tainted what you love and cherish so. So in the end you never get any more content that appeals to you, the original audience and fanbase.

>It wouldn't bring me any fulfillment to do that
"Misery loves company", or something like that. People enjoy making fun of something that they all agree is terrible but are ultimately powerless to stop themselves. They get to be grumpy crusty old fans laughing sadly at what has become of their favourite series, but they're not doing it alone, together there is community and fellowship.

I'm not telling you what I think. I'm telling you what a bunch of soap writers were instructed to do by the Star Trek marketing experts at Black Rock.

>black alert

Droll. Very droll.

Aren't the military in the federation suppose to be the best of the best? How the fuck did these fatties get in?

Not to mention that the pissed of black girl is ugly.

Just like the real US military, the minimums for entry were made easier for womyn. They resolve this in the future, I guess. They only made an exception for Daddy Riker because he gained weight after the fact.

>BLACK ALERT
>*camera pans to black person in prison jumpsuit*
>No webm of this classic tv history yet

This is how I know you're fake, STD general.

OTP

>>they think the mirror universe is in an actual mirror
considering STD is writing the canon then it would be legit that they can now write in that mirrors are how to get to the mirror universe. Keep in mind the creators said they are brave enough to step up to the plate and rewrite the canon that people have hated for decades i response to fan feedback.

>So in the end you never get any more content that appeals to you, the original audience and fanbase.
I used to feel this way, but it's ultimately not up to me. If the majority who are worth more money drive a property into a direction, then that is what it is. Like I said, they can't take away what I've loved before, and there are always going to be passion projects and similar properties to enjoy. I'm not a fan of Prometheus/Aliens: Covenant, for example, but that's the direction that series went into. Me throwing a fit and gnashing my teeth doesn't matter. Instead, I can just try to find other sci fi/horror that's similar in tone. It's the same with the Silent Hill games and the direction they took after the 4th one. I can laugh at how bad the new ones are, but what I mostly do is just not play them and never really discuss them unless it's in the context of "boy these games are bad." If there were general threads for those games, again, I wouldn't just crusade against them. I'd simply not give a shit, because they're not worth giving a shit about to me. Even though I love Silent Hill.

I think you also have to consider that the "original audience and fanbase" shrinks year after year. Since you mentioned comics, they're a mess specifically because they constantly go back to cater to the hardcore fans, resurrecting characters nonstop. Where they struggle is with finding new fans of their properties, which is why the movies are, again, fine to me.

>"Misery loves company", or something like that.
You say "what has become of their favourite series," but this isn't their favourite series. It's a franchise of different series, with different writers and arguably some different fanbases the further in time they are from one another.

Point being, I don't think there's any real harm in just letting people like the new stuff. It's impossible to "taint" my memories of watching TNG and DS9. The time itself has come and gone.

"Tell me about....."
".....Ohio."

Bastard the lot of them! Stealing from the creators of the show. :(

I like this show but that dumbass really did die in the most choreographed "teachable moment" way possible. Probably the lowest point of the show for me so far.

>It's impossible to "taint" my memories
Objectively and provably wrong. The star wars prequels ruined what we all thought about the force and yoda after what george did to the backstory.
Now we get new shit about spock, rewatching the original series we have this new information about his background, any scene with him and his mother in it will have a different feel to them and that blows. I've stopped watching after episode 3 because I don't want them to ruin anything more than they have done.

Christ, I'm getting images of Spock and Michael in a fucking bedroom being read Alice in wonderland now. Fuck this show and fuck everyone involved

Looks better than the final product desu

>normie Black Rock marketer comes to Sup Forums
>hilarity ensues
>*BLACK ALERT*
>they still don't get it

>I used to feel this way, but it's ultimately not up to me

If only I could let go as graciously. Til then, I'm an angry shitposter, sorry user.

It's almost as if we don't yet live in a post-scarcity collectivist utopia where money and economic competition don't exist and everyone works to better themselves. Except, oh yeah, fuck all that prior tired claptrap, WAR!

Well here you go.

Yes. I dropped the show because of that scene. It killed the last hope for something watchable

We had it a weak ago...

don't worry user, they swear they won't touch Spock

>Objectively and provably wrong.
Except it's not. I can go back and watch the original Star Wars trilogy and enjoy it (which I've done recently.) I can also choose not to watch the prequels again or give them much thought. Wow, that was difficult.

It's fine, buddy. I know where we are and what we are doing here.

So ftl-travel, transporters, time-travel, Q, Trelane and what not are all "plausible", but the spore-drive isn't?
Why do the shills always get so hung up on that, Star Trek always had stuff that didn't really make sense, so why should it matter so much?

Does anyone have the image of Chris Pine in the TOS Shatner outfit? I can't remember if it was in /std/ or /trek/ that I saw it posted a few days ago.

>In his autobiography I Am Not Spock, Nimoy wrote that he based it on the Priestly Blessing performed by Jewish Kohanim with both hands, thumb to thumb in this same position, representing the Hebrew letter Shin (ש), which has three upward strokes similar to the position of the thumb and fingers in the salute. The letter Shin here stands for El Shaddai, meaning "Almighty (God)", as well as for Shekinah and Shalom.

FTL is explained with subspace and warpfields. Transporters is explained with matter energy conversion, time-travel is actually probably possible, Q is explained as a lifeform above humanity so far that it'd be like an ant trying to understand us.

Not one of these things are as dumb as "lol theres fungus everywhere so you can go between it just because"

youtube.com/watch?v=kznzRgS94vw

The inside jokes are the one reason to watch this show, but it only works if you know how many times the Rock sent notes during script development and how very nearly burned up the writers got. Pic related is no accident either.