Animated Movies in 2017

>no films from Disney
>3 films....... from Sony
>WB running Lego movies to the ground
>2 from Pixar..... but one is Cars 3
>Boss Baby.... nuff said
>Nut Job 2.... nuff said
>MLP movie..... nuff said
>Despicable Me 3: Return of the Minions merch.

I'm sure there's something to look forward to, but otherwise, this is gonna be a rough year isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

otakusiren.tumblr.com/post/155420558276/i-dont-get-why-you-hate-coco-its-not-even-out
smallherosix.tumblr.com/post/126966319102/why-do-we-need-coco-when-the-book-of-life-already
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So since Disney isn't running then Coco will win the Oscar.

Not to mention coco's a shameless ripoff of book of life. Some shots look very similar and the reason the movie exists is petty.

yes but its by the almighty Pixar. It could be 2 hours of a still image of an anus set to fart noises and the judges would give it the award. They don't even watch the movies.

Just imagine the butthurt of Zootopia fans when their movie will be snubbed just like fucking Lego Movie.

Creativity is dead, user, soon even Disney will release sequels nobody asked for, in the name of profit.

Not that I don't enjoy a good but trashin', but Zootopia is prime Oscar gimme given last year's protests.

user we are in January. I'm sure they'll announce stuff.
In any case, we have the internet

I want it to be snubbed, I am sick of "muh diversity" disney faggotry.

there's only one movie up there that's actual 2D animation

guess what it is

what you want and what is reality are 2 different things.

>Mutafukaz
>The Breadwinner
>Loving Vincent
>Psiconautas
>The Last Fiction

Hey Lego Movie is the first real success WB has had in like ten years so you can understand that they need to milk it for all it's worth.

>MLP movie..... nuff said
Why is that bad?

>WB running Lego movies to the ground
Why is that bad?

>Despicable Me 3: Return of the Minions merch.
The Despicable Me films was pretty good, and they didn't show the Minions until the last minute of the trailer...

Why is this bad?

I'm already anticipating Finding Dory to win.

I kind of hope Coco is still good despite all the negatives.

>American animation
Luckily we have the rest of the world

You're just talking about animation, right?

I think he's talking about how there's a Lego Batman movie, and a Ninjago movie. I don't think they're really that similar though, since Ninjago is a super kid focused series and won't be on the radar of "normal" audiences.

Care to just tell us, sugarcube?

Frozen 2 ?

you mean like they did in the 90's direct to video?
and like all the live action remakes they're doing?

javascript:quote('89252182');
Lego Batman is "comedy relief:the movie" , at least Lego decided to care and gave there tons of references to everything batman.A giant Easter Egg.
Ninjago movie is based on the popularity of the tv series nd toyline, this one is a complete cashgrab. Funny thing they are set same universe, lb' "Chinatown" was renamed to "Ninjagotown".

I'm kinda ok with these , but spare us Lego Movie sequel, lease, try something original, WAG. We dont want any more Disney/Pixar formula mush.

>MLP movie
Well, it could be good. Which studio is animating it?
>Lionsgate, same studio as Nut Job
[vomiting intensifies]

No, full features.

Wreck it Ralph 2 is confirmed, then Frozen 2.

>not Moana:

>minority pandering movie (look how these Polynesians are cool!)
>Princess movie (PATF,Brave,Frozen)
>closer to the ceremony

Lionsgate only distribute it.

Originally that movie was going to scream at you #predlivesmatter

I loved Zootopia, but I hope it loses just because the Internet uproar will be hilarious.

Yes, but they also distributed Norm of the North, The Wild Life, a dozen knockoff animated movies and instantly forgettable theatrical animated movies. The only times they've distributed something halfway decent was with Battle for Terra and Hoodwinked.

Release date hasn't been announced yet, but it hasn't been announced for this year or next.

We're getting that Tangled 2D sequel, so... maybe yay?
I have my fingers crossed it's released on cinemas in my country. At least I'd be able to buy a ticket to a Disney 2D movie again.

IIRC it's a tv pilot for the animated series.
same animation as penn zero. (red noses, tweening, etc)

Not familiar with penn zero, but the style looks like illustrations for children's books, which... SORTA reminds me of the style they originally were gonna try for the movie.
And yes, it's directly for Disney Channel, but we got some direct for DVD Disney releases on cinema here, and maybe some Disney Channel ones too. So I'm just crossing my fingers.

Where do you live user?

BR HUEHUEHUE

I was going to reply that at least we have a new Aardman film to look forward to, but it turns out that's not until 2017

it is 2017

meant to say 2018, sorry

Still DHX i guess but with ToonBoom instead of Flash if i remember correctly

there's also Big Bad Fox from the makers of the Ernest and Celestine.

same watercolor style.

They also changed the designs a bit and they're getting some trending musician or whatever. Gonna suck if they don't get the regular show's composers.

Well all that and also it's set at the CURRENT SEASON.

>the reason the movie exists is petty
What do you mean? I thought Coco was in early development way before BoL.

I pray Captain Underpants is good.

>they didn't show the Minions until the last minute of the trailer...
This. They seem to have decided on making the Minions a spinoff movie series with a franchise of its own, and are thankfully not allowing them to totally dominate the Despicable Me series. Despicable Me 2 had more minions than the first movie, but that seems like it was a test to see if they should go through with a full on Minions movie, and now that they have that and its inevitable sequels, they at least definitely feel comfortable enough not to spam minions all over the trailer for DM3. Personally I don't like Minions or Despicable Me, but its nice to see that Despicable Me fans can at least still enjoy their movies without them being consumed by minion crap.

So much Coco drama.
otakusiren.tumblr.com/post/155420558276/i-dont-get-why-you-hate-coco-its-not-even-out

smallherosix.tumblr.com/post/126966319102/why-do-we-need-coco-when-the-book-of-life-already

Ingram composed the music for this one,he said so on Twitter

Tumblr makes drama out of everything tho.