Daily reminder that Captain Janeway is a murderer

>Daily reminder that Captain Janeway is a murderer

Actually she saved the lives of two of her crewmen, she is a hero

Every single captain has killed at least one person, hell most characters have

DARKNESS

IMPRISONING ME

tuvix basically is a parasite that deprives two people of living

Tuvix wasn't born and had no parents. He is a frankensteined monster who mimics the thoughts and actions of two other beings that were made in its creation.

Janeway did nothing wrong.

No, its not ethical. It's not ethical to kill one sentient being (and he is undeniably sentient) to save two, and certainly not when those two lives do not undoubtedly have the capability to save so many countless others, that the significance towards the value of the sacrifice truly pales in comparision

Any innocent being that asks to stay alive deserves to

>It's not ethical to kill one sentient being (and he is undeniably sentient) to save two,
this would be true if the other two weren't literally the material he was made from

So?

they have a right to live just as much as he does and they came first
his very existence denies them that right, it all comes down to 2>1

Yes, but that is after the fact. You can't just accidentally create life and than destroy it. That is pretty much what Star Trek is about.

The world has gone to shit. Famines are everywhere and the state controls where food goes. Sometimes that means people are forced to starve.
By freak accident, one family receives food they shouldn't have. Do you send in people to take the food from their mouths and given to others?

it's rather remodelling than creating

>Do you send in people to take the food from their mouths and given to others?
practicality aside, yea

>it's rather remodelling than creating
He's an entirely different being, and honestly how would you react, if people would want to kill you because it turns out you're just the fusion between a turkish shitposter and a tripfag? (both being sentient, of course.)

>He's an entirely different being,
if this was the case he wouldn't be able to speak a coherent language, thus he has the combined memories of the other two and you can't call him a entirely different being
it doesn't matter who I feel, it's about what is right. in a way Tuvix is a selfish cunt, not only does he know that he could grant two people their lives, but also that the Voyager needs every man

So children are actually part of their parents?

Also, the episode went out of its way to show that Tuvix did Tuvok and Neelix's jobs better than either apart

die, you creepy fucker and stop killing tuvok and nelix

You are basically a parasite that deprives your parents of living.

>So children are actually part of their parents?
children don't start with a preexisting life and memories and they actually are developing and their development will take different routes depending on their surroundings, environment etc.
tuvix isn't comparable to actual children

Ah, so the issue is time?
Didn't Tuvix need some time to figure himself out and see what parts of his two originators were dominate in him?

Human are just too slow, is it?

tuvok and neelix died. that's what happened when you mess with teleportation.

within that death a new life came and tuvix was born. a sentient living being that deserved to live his life

this is more about him being a sentient being, having consciousness etc. which we all agree on
that doesn't change the fact the other two individuals have combined more right than he does

if it was only possible to save either tuvok or neelix it wouldn't be morally just to kill tuvix, but in this scenario I can only repeat myself, it's comes down to 2>1

You're quantifying something ineffably qualitative

let's assume tuvix dies in some natural way or something, then in a certain way 3 people would die
you see the unbalanced equation here?

Two people are already dead so Tuvix's death would still be the death of one man.

>Two people are already dead
but they aren't, with the ability to restore them they are living on in tuvix and tuvix's life is based on the continuation of killing them

How can you be certain that the beings brought back from Tuvix's death are Tuvok and Neelix?

as far as I remember they seem rather confident about that in this episode, so I'm basing my judgement on this premise
it this was uncertain/highly speculative I'd argue in for tuvix' case, because I wouldn't shoot one person for saving two "unrelated"