Riverdale

denofgeek.com/us/tv/riverdale/261541/riverdale-review-spoiler-free
deadline.com/2017/01/riverdale-review-archie-comics-cw-cole-sprouse-kj-apa-camila-mendes-video-1201884445/
hollywoodreporter.com/review/riverdale-review-964115

>critics like it

Someone hand me a shotgun to swallow please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean the man who developed the show is a good writer going by the Archie books that he wrote and even the horror movie remakes he did weren't too bad.

>The character of Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray) rightfully calls Archie on his white privilege when he wants to help the Pussycats write songs, explaining to him that the group chose their name because "we have to claw our way into the same rooms that you can just waltz into."

Cringey teen drama at its finest

>calls Archie on his white privilege when he wants to help the Pussycats write songs, explaining to him that the group chose their name because "we have to claw our way into the same rooms that you can just waltz into."
This is why ive gone from a bleeding heart to a person who views women as elsd then cattle and objects to be raped on sight

Ow the edge

I don't really see the harm in Archie being turned into typical CW TV show that tween of today watch. If you played Archie straight it would just another obnoxious dumb as shit tier Nickelodeon live action TV show aimed at seven year olds.

>a legitimate opinion is discarded in favor of being an edge joke
Drink bleach faggot

Maybe they couldve done what the brady bunch movie did and make fun of said 50s wholesome concept?

That's what they're doing.

Theyre makingnit into a shitty teen drama of boring overdramatic romance plots and sjw pandering. Its not funny, and its not directly critquing its original source material for laughs. Fuck this show.

>Theyre makingnit into a shitty teen drama of boring overdramatic romance plots and sjw pandering

And that's what teens today watch, broheim.

>legitimate opinion

But playing to type is the only way they can actually be those characters because they are archetypes.

Its how Twin Peaks worked, a duality of worlds. Twin Peaks and then One Eyed Jacks being the Gateway to their underworld.

This doesn't have that. Its just a teen drama.

Course they do. They think its Lampooning something wholesome, but its not.

Its like High School USA High. Missed the entire point.

Are you really complaining that an Archie spinoff is a stupid romance drama for teens?

Then teens today deserve a good gassing for their shitty culture and tastes

I think you need to grow up.

No, its the world that needs to stop being fucking retarded and panderous to degenerates

>degenerates

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums btfo again
Can't PU the CW.

Teens watch anything that's marketed to them you fucking dope. Put it on some magazines and run some advertisements. They'll watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8

Riverdale is literally a parody come to life.

Bump

Can't SUV the Berlanti.

You probably shouldn't go outside too often then, if you want to avoid jail

I'm too lazy to actually read the articles and check the context, but this quote really makes the Pussycats sound really mean. Like Archie just wants to help, and they're just brushing him off and paying the race card.

I kind of hope for it to be just like that, with no hint of tongue-in-cheek wit to it. It'd be such a funny watch.

>the guy in charge of Archie makes an Archie show
>turns out it's pretty good
But I guess the delicate flowers on Sup Forums who've never read it but complain anyway know better?

Wow, that actually looks way better, I don't mean the cheap budget of course, I mean the treatment of the characters looks far more interesting.

I only want this to be successful for the potential Sabrina spin off.

Pretty sure it's played seriously, though it seems Archie will ultimately convince Josie to let him help.

And then fuck her.

and you say critics like it

>I'm too lazy to actually read the articles and check the context, but this quote really makes the Pussycats sound really mean. Like Archie just wants to help, and they're just brushing him off and paying the race card.
STOP
MANSPLAINING
YOU
CIS
WHITE
MALE

Only if MJH plays one of the Aunts.

>>the guy in charge of Archie makes an Archie show

>For some odd reason fails to do the same treatment of characters as they did in Afterlife

>Its shit

Kind of an odd pov considering Josie's mother on the show is supposed to be the mayor of the town and apparently a black conservative.

That makes her a rebel, or something. I dunno whole show seems like it went of the rails somewhere back in planning.

I liked it better with blurbs about Moose being a Milf chaser and Archie's dad getting blowjobs from Kevin in alleys.

>This doesn't have that. Its just a teen drama.
There's a serial killer mystery plot a la Laura Palmer. They're even gonna find the 1st body in a body of water.

But there isn't any wholesome top layer and we don't have and outsider digging around to reveal the other world underneath.

As it stands its too much like everything else they have and not enough like Archie.

>I liked it better with blurbs about Moose being a Milf chaser and Archie's dad getting blowjobs from Kevin in alleys.

Which were fake.

>But there isn't any wholesome top layer

Yes, there is. Riverdale is presented as an extremely wholesome, cheery little town. Anachronistically so at times.

In fact, it seems there's a whole subplot about Josie's mother trying to preserve the town's squeaky clean image after Jason's murder gets media attention.

Still much more preferable to this. Same with the talk of it being a John Huges sendup.

No, Moose is going to be hooking up with Kevin. They're even going to be the ones to find the body . I think Archie's dad is going to be hooking up with Veronica's mom.

Seriously, there was a thread a week ago about the whole plot and what all of the characters would look like and do.

This is pic is Miss Grundy, the music teacher. She's going to have the hots for Archie.

Archie's dad apparently had an identical love triangle with Veronica's mom and Betty's mom back when they were high school students, and the three of them are hiding a big dark secret.

>They're both Archie's half-sisters!

There was a one off Archie comic story that did a satire of that bit.

Incest ending when?

and both have twin sisters given away for adoption.

Hiram Lodge brings them back to town.

And Veronica's twin has Betty's personality and vice versa.

It writes itself.

>The character of Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray) rightfully calls Archie on his white privilege when he wants to help the Pussycats write songs, explaining to him that the group chose their name because "we have to claw our way into the same rooms that you can just waltz into."

Name one disadvantage black people have these days. If anything, they get an unfair boost from the government.

>Offering someone help writing a song is exercising white privilege

Why is the Hillary timeline leaking into this one?

>implying sjw's aren't going to double down on this shit now that they are under someone they hate

Good thing that isn't what happened.

Can someone explain the hold classic Archie has on anons today?

>The third episode features a frank discussion about the impact of slut-shaming,

Look at that delicate flower with the umbrella. What a sweetie.

Can betty and ronnie just hook up for good in this unverse. Let archoe get with valarie or cheryl or some other girl but just let ronnie and betty be a couple in one universe

Getting shot by officers at traffic stops?
Generally growing up in a culture with poor support structures and few role models?
Old school racism?

Sadly user reality isn't as fair as your mother's basement.

But if you really need an example go look at Sup Forums, then realize that there are people in positions of power who think like that. Or go read up on flint Michigan. Or the deliberate targeting of blacks that lead to the Fergusion shit.

>Black people committing a disproportionate amount of crime and not being able to build stable communities is all whitey's fault somehow.

>neither posts even mention white people at all
>somehow manages to come to this conclusion

>deliberate targeting of blacks that lead to the Fergusion shit.

Yeah, what's this country coming to when a 18-year-old black man can't rob a convenience store and try to take a cop's gun without being afraid?

Never read Archie (from Bongistan, it wasn't popular).

Where's the best place to start?

You're just as bad as them.

holy shit my dick

The comics will be nothing like the show, so you can start anywhere really. There really isn't a running plot to them anyways.

that's why we won

>Reminder that Best Girl will be appearing in the final episode of the first season

Sometimes the cops pull them over and find their drugs and illegal weapons when they had no reason to pull them over in the first place.