Is it possible for a hero to be loved by the people but as seen as a "villain" by the media/peers?

Is it possible for a hero to be loved by the people but as seen as a "villain" by the media/peers?

Example. Imagine an "Anti-fa" type hero terrorising civillians with his antics because he fights what he sees as fascism. Then one day, he gets beaten up by this new hero because of the shit he pulled. The people cheer in response, but the hero league that the Antifa guy belonged to has put this new hero on the "villains" list.

Pic unrelated.

Hasn't that been Frank a couple of times? People who actually had to live next door to thugs and dealers loved him, but he's considered a dangerous maniac by several other heroes and the media.

Nah, not really possible in a normal society. Anybody who fights for facism is going to be despised by the public as a matter of course, and anybody that gets terrorised by a hero that fights fascism (for example, Captain America) is most likely the type of person that the public already hates.

However, if you're in a society that's been economically and/or socially devastated and the facist promises stability while he cracks down on the people fighting against him, then yeah, you could totally do it. But honestly at this point evil capes are overdone as fuck- Injustice, Invincible, Uber (which is already about fascism)

I should point out there's a difference between Captain America and well...Mad Stan. In the example I gave, I'm referring to someone like Mad Stan getting his ass beaten by another hero for his antics.

Mad Stan wasn't anti-fascism, though. He explicitly believed society had degenerated to a state of disrepair that required its destruction to return to a better time.

He was actually pretty heavily based on people like Timothy McVeigh; they made a big point of playing up Stan's media/talk radio addiction in one episode.

>Is it possible for a hero to be loved by the people but as seen as a "villain" by the media/peers?

The Laughing Man, V and The Punisher immediately come to mind.

Well the point is there's a difference between a hero that everyone already loves doing it and a guy who isn't exactly loved by the public but is a member of the same group abusing his power doing it under the guise of "fighting fascism". I should have been a bit clearer on that.

Dangerous Zombie is such a great design

Given he capitalised the A, OP was presumably referring to the actual organisation Anti-fa.

Go look them up. They're fucking awful.

I'm not really seeing anything objectionable.

Yup. I wonder how far he can go though seeing as how Exaid's Mighty Bros XX has outclassed him.

Captain America is loved for a good reason. I'm more referring to a hypotethical "hero" who the public hates but belongs to a high profile hero group, so they can't really touch him.

>Captain America is loved for a good reason. I'm more referring to a hypotethical "hero" who the public hates but belongs to a high profile hero group, so they can't really touch him.

Iron Man?

just watch real life

Arachnoid man is a menace to the population of Athens.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DANGEROUS ZOMBIE

The Punisher kind of fits the bill for that

You don't need to be a fascist to hate the fascist antifascist.
They say they hate fascists but all they do is shout "fascism" and then try to beat people up.

Then look harder.

What's so bad about fighting fascists? They're the bad guys.

>implying

Because most of the anti-fa are a bunch of college and high-school aged kids virtue signalling and looking for an excuse to act like violent shitheads against a group people are less inclined to defend. Their definition of "fascism" is expansive and loose, and cries of fascist come quick and easy to anyone who opposes them for any reason. They're often closely aligned with Marxism/communism and there have been some issues with the anarchist aligned groups abusing squatter's rights. Ultimately you've got a bunch of rowdy 20 somethings latching onto a movement for an excuse to break some shit while pretending to be the good guys as long as they've got numerical superiority and plenty of cops around to run to when the big bad fascists start fighting back.

That's Europe though, antifa in America is a complete fucking joke.