ITT: Flawless Movies

I'll start with the obvious.

What movie do you consider 'flawless' in your opinion?

the lost city of z

just a quick few
>Eyes Wide Shut
>Days of Heaven
>Being There
>Frankenstein (1931)
>Amadeus
>Bridge on the River Kwai

Predator, Commando, Terminator

Terminator 1 was actually really fucking good

Don't hate on me, but I watched it for the first time last month and was taken aback.

Why are movies so shit these days

The Road Warrior.

Fight Club.

Rush Hour 1 and 2

Not even memeing, all three are perfect films

So are Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers

Because they look to real and they have a lot of "filler" scenes like albums with filler tracks. We have too many people working on movies as opposed to ONE director. They are stuffing them with insufferable PC propaganda.
Kubrick's famous quote may sound dumb to people but think about it for a second
>you don't want to photograph reality in films, you want to photograph the photograph of reality

you best not include Robocop 3

My take on it is that in the 20th century, media (cinema and music) was more often a way of expressing artistic values and creativity.

Now it's almost purely for entertainment and marketing purposes , which basically means they appeal to the lowest common denominator and that number itself is steadily dropping as our general population is getting stupider and stupider

Hope this is ironic.
Fuckin bullshit movie about how everything is turns out to be perfect.
This shit is the most overrated pleb best seller of all time
Gtfo u fuckin nigger and go watch the master

These plus Alien/Aliens/The Thing. Sci Fi doesn't get better

Anything by the Coen brothers

i was in utter disbelief when i opened this thread and saw noone replying to the bait but the last post just had to fuck it all up

Lots of industry (creative) people think Ghostbusters is perfect.
Pixar people used to talk about it a lot.

good taste
Did you liked inherent vice?

top thriller coming through.

people dont go to the kinoplexs anymore user

It was like a 7 for me. I get what PTA was trying to do and how it threw off a lot of people but at it's core it's really simple if you view Josh Brolin as the main lead. Enjoyed Martin Short's performance a lot and of course the fudgesickle scene.

Fr dude. This board is full of niggers and wannabe niggers. I disdain baits. It fills post with a shitty smell

There are no flawless movies.

Serious question. Who needed to be redeemed? Andy didn't need to redeem himself because he was never guilty of anything.
Or am I just maximum stupid pleb-tier here?

Yes it was maybe the simplest movie by PT yet i find it a 9/10. I liked a lot the Phoenix performance. He has this charm, like Goose charms but extroverted and kinda naive-pure.
The movie is a luxury, i like how it is more of a comedy than a tragedy, but sometimes tragic too. I find it the Quixote of the PT movies. Of course it only work for some like that. I think is one of those specific targeted things that relay fundamentally on your personal exp.

>space odyssey
>Barry Lyndon
>the fellowship of the ring

The General
Lawrence of Arabia
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Casablanca
The Third Man
Father of the Bride
Some Like It Hot
Singin in the Rain
All About Eve
Manhattan
Empire Strikes Back
Alien
Aliens
The Wild Bunch
Straw Dogs
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
The Godfather
Apocalypse Now
The Conversation
Dr. Zhivago (I like the melodrama)
Chinatown
Dr. Strangelove
Die Hard
Predator
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Once Upon A Time in the West
Fargo
No Country For Old Men
Original Blade Runner if you ignore the unicorn shit

That's what's coming to mind right now, there are a lot more including many I haven't seen. The distinction for me is that while watching a near-great movie I can't help thinking of things I'd have done differently. When a film is great/perfect I just go along for the ride

>father of the bride
I meant the Spencer Tracy version

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is honestly the perfect horror film.

> 1: the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
> 2: the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
if you believe andy is innocent, he is redeemed of his unjust incarceration
you could argue that Reds parole is a clearing of his debt to society
shawshank prison is redeemed of its evil or erroneous management

im not sure which is the best answer, but its probably in there somewhere

Wow, have you lived in a basement without access to Internet since the 90's? There are some fine ass movies but everything is so fuckin antique. Learn to use torrent and throw away your vhs

Any Arnold kino
>Predator
>Total Recall
>Conan
>T1/T2
>True Lies

Flawless (2007)

>couple great films a year (on average, rate's steadily gone down since mid-70s)
>cinema goes all the way back to the 1910s
Naturally most of what I list is gonna be old

I use a mix of torrenting stuff and TCM channel on cable

>That's what's coming to mind right now
>20+ movies
kek sure it is bud

I took a break from eating cereal and wrote down all the "flawless" movies I could think of that I'd seen over the last year. Can you not recall 20+ things without the help of g*ogle or something

Reservoir Dogs.

Gripping literally until the end.

Terminator 1 & 2
Alien(s)
Robocop
LOTR Trilogy
Descent
2001 Spess Odyssey
Die Hard
Die Welle (german)
Falling Down
Fight Club
Ghostbusters
Leon
Predator
Scarface
Speed
Cube
Sunshine
... I think I got sidetracked and begun to post my favourites.

It's Probably just T2

>sunshine
I agree

>Eyes Wide Shut

I would agree, except we're missing 20+ minutes of footage that completes the movie it involved pedos and human sacrifice

They shut it down

Disappointed this is getting overlooked.

You may not like the story, style, fucking whatever; It is however a perfectly self contained story that has no flaws that ruin the immersion, no plot holes or horrible cliches. Character based storytelling from start to finish with all character arcs wrapped up.

>Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
really??

>no Last Action Hero

Lol no; Who shot nice guy Eddie? The squibbs malfunctioned and they didn't have money to reshoot that scene. There's your flaw, your movie is invalid .

Not only that, why would Eddie and his dad show up at the warehouse when they knew one of them was a cop and they were in the middle of a sting operation? That's driving straight into custody as a best case scenario.

Yeah it's my favorite Peckinpah movie. Warren Oates is a great actor

Star Wars episodes 4 and 5

i like the steve martin version better

there are a lot of older movies that have great performances and great scripts, but they're obviously filmed on a sound stage. Key Largo, for example. i tend to count those as flawless, but i think they'd fall short by today's standards, unless they were screened as art house flicks or even stage productions.

seven samurai, ikiru

Avengers 2

Key Largo is one I'd define as near great. I'd like to remake it honestly, a lot of fascinating stuff in it but just didn't come together the way it could have for me. The Getaway (Peckinpah) is like that as well

all wrong. the reason is simply that films used to sell on the basis of star power or action only. which meant that directors had much more power over the actual movie as long as they cast the actor the studios wanted and had enough cool car chases and shootouts. you could have any story you wanted as long as it could accommodate action.

the death of the movie star meant that movies now sell on the basis of telling a story people are already familiar with instead of a face they're familiar with. i mean john travolta, arnold, bruce willis or harrison ford aren't really great actors, i'm not even sure deniro or al pacino are. they're just movie stars that could get asses in seats.

why people stopped caring about good action i have no idea. i blame nolan films and the bourne series for being otherwise competent or even good despite having piss poor action.

the prestige
the dark knight

I cannot believe you plebs haven't even fucking mentioned this movie yet, I'm fucking disappointed with you, Sup Forums.

shawshank redemption is a perfect movie. being top of the imdb list doesn't change that. yes, everything works out to an almost fairytale extent but that's what the movie is. a fairytale set in a prison. there's no actual flaw in the movie. the performances, the characters, the pacing, the plot, the score all work together to deliver the message of the film perfectly.

Paper Moon
Every David Lean movie
Most Kubrick movies
A handful of Coen Bros (Barton Fink, Burn After Reading, Lebowski, Man Who Wasn't There, the Jew one)
The Thing
The Master
Predator
Conan
A handful of Disney ones that I unironically consider perfect 10s

A REAL HUMAN BEAN

The good,the bad,and the ugly

No the whole missing 20 minutes thing is just a rumour

Commando up there in my all time favourites but man that movie has production faults.
One of the scenes you can see his rubber shotgun barrel flopping around

Freddy got fingered

Since Alien, The Thing and Terminator are mentioned, I'm adding No Country for Old Men, Seven and The Blob (80's one)

Unironically, Fight Club and Drive

Boys Don't Cry
No Country For Old Men
True Romance

None. My favorite movies are Casablanca, Seven Samurai, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Apocalypse Now. But I can think of flaws in all of them. There might be a flawless movie, but I haven't seen it.

I wonder...

>LA Confidential
>Dark City
>Leon The Professional
>T2
>The Thing
>The Fly
>The warriors
>1st and 3rd Indiana jones

Jaws

>People don't realise it's not about a shark, it's about men from 3 starkly different worlds being brought together in the face of adversity.

I feel some inclination to inform you that your opinion is wrong, but I don't want to be rude. So I won't tell you that, even though your opinion is wrong.

I still don't get it and I'd like an actual explaination. I watched Shashank redemption and it seemed like a cheap 90s straight to VHS.

Shawshank has one flaw that comes to mind.

The scene where you see the real killer brags about framing Andy was completely unneeded and dumb. The movie lost its nuance with that scene.

Should you believe in Andy saying he was inncocent? Or should you think he was lying? Pretty clever, because in the end you still root for the guy to escape. WAIT! lol nope hes innocent. And this guy is a laughing psychopath giggling at what he has done to clear up sny confusion for the audience that cant bear unanswered questions.

I believe all the conspiracy theories about EWS Stanley was trying to tell us something and it's the same message he told us in Barry Lyndon they probably shot stanley with the heart attack gun too but the missing 20 minutes thing is just blatant bullshit and you're a underage memer

Trainspotting

This is honestly one of the best black comedies of all time.

Dubs will, of course, verify this