X-23/Talon/Laura Kinney thread

How slow does she age? Will she forever look like a teen? Will we get a mature Laura?

Talon lol that name lasted for like one day

OUT OUT GET OUT OF GHOST RIDER FUCK

She's being drawn somewhat older-looking these days. Tallish too.

Even though canonically she's supposed to be like 5'1 and have a severe case of babyface or something.

You ok, user?

I liked reading what I thought was a more mature Laura in Edmonson's Black Widow run. Reading it feels like she was in her mid 20s

how old is she supposed to be these days? 18? 19? sliding timescale is so confusing

>Will we get a mature Laura?

Hope not.

FU

I love how the artist cleverly avoided having to draw her hands here.

Why did they make my autistic waifu such a normie now? I bet she doesn't even stare blankly at people for uncomfortable periods of time anymore.

>YWN drop your pants and have Laura stare for ten minutes in total silence.

Well said. Have a loli-Laura.

I think her NYX days taught her some other tricks

Laura's always been kind of a parrot that repeats things other people say, see pic related.

In the teenage x-men run she's part of now, she's implied to be mimicking the mannerisms of people around her as well as doing what she THINKS Logan would do in certain situations. She's dropped the phrase 'fake it till you make it' in an argument with Warren, although I'm not sure about how meta this is on the part of the writers, it seems to me like they fucked up her voice when she first came into the All New X-Men run, people complained that Laura suddenly stopped acting like, well, Laura, and the writers were like 'oh shit we need to walk this back somehow and have some semblence of character continuity?' So they back-built in this explanation.

I dunno, alot of people give Bendis and Hopeless shit for it, but at least they're trying, right?

But if you wanna take it at face value, in-universe, she's still pretty autistic. It's not so much that she's actually become a normie, it's that she's gotten better at acting like one. Also Gabby is probably rubbing off on her.

Not sure if loli-Laura or properly-small-sized-Laura

WTF poeple ship this?

> kid tells you she did prostitution
> starts bleeding in your crotch

Is Gambit pedo?

Yes.

Loved that moment. Megan's reaction is priceless.

I miss the stoic, calculative tactician X-23

>Talon lol that name lasted for like one day
Less, in fact, it never got picked up in the first place.

>a more mature Laura in Edmonson's Black Widow run
I didn't like his voice for Laura that much.
Seemed about as far off as everyone else's.
Made me sad Liu didn't get that Black Widow and X-23 ongoing she apparently pitched a few years back.

>pic related
That's just her confirming that she was in fact listening to her.

>it seems to me like they fucked up her voice when she first came into the All New X-Men run [and they backed out]
Hopeless just scavenged forums again for his ideas, I think.
Avengers Arena showed us that he frequently adopted lingo that was used on Sup Forums within his book.
This Laura story of "she's completely out of character for a few years now because she was just pretending" has bounced around at least on Sup Forums a while before that run happened.

Now I'm not saying Hopeless reads Sup Forums, but I am pretty convinced he's reading places like Sup Forums or he at least reads "fan"mail very carefully.

Either way, he understood that that masquerade angle would make for an interesting character detail and used it, but what he of course failed to notice when he started writing was that he also had no clue how to write her actual voice.
I'm not gonna repost that fucking page, but the fact that Laura lost her composure and still talked like an internet meme machine completely ruined the entire point of the excercise.
I wish Hopeless would stop writing comics.

Laura is a real good example of bad writers disregarding supporting casts and characterization.

How fucking hard is it to write her like this? Fucking Waid wrote this characterization on accident with Viv.

She will constantly look young and will keep that sweet virgin pussy well into her 60's.

Honestly? If she just acted normal, but lapsed into her old autism specifically during combat, that would be enough.

We all know why you made this thread, you sneaky cunt. How hyped are you?

her claws are too small

forgot pic

I saw it as an older Laura. Somebody who has adjusted already. What Laura would have sounded like after years of adapting.

They could bring this speech pattern whenever she's focused on a mission/operation. She used to see existence in terms of missions and objectives and she shifts into a one track mind - complete the mission. Laura's calculative and tactical even in combat. She only truly goes berserk if exposed to trigger scent.

Unfortunately Taylor already showed us he can't do that.

And Laura's healing factor is supposed to be a lot better than Logan's.

Also, post more X23 pls

Gambit got this covered, mon amis

It's kinda weird that they never were in a team together future deadpool doesn't count

Is it actually better or is it because she doesn't have adamantium bonded to her bones?

Goddamn it, Wingbat

post more lewds

I think Laura's also a better tracker than Logan

>she doesn't have adamantium bonded to her bones

This.

Is she still fucking Angel? Haven't followed the X-books in a while.

Yes. I would prefer Tykeclops. So pic related could be canonized.

They had some relationship problems but got back together recently.

Fuck this paring. I'd take Hellion x Laura over this.

Why are they covered in vomit?

>bone claws?

word

I want an X-Force squad led by Emma and Illyana with X23, Hellion, Dust, Chamber and Dazzler.

Dem small adamantium claws, bub

> Magik not with Kitty

DELET

They forcibly removed all her claws, coated them in adamantium, then stuck them back in. No unbreakable bones, though.

> Kitty not with Rachel

>Magik not spitroasted

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Takeda's Laura is the best Laura. No objections.

I'm so hyped for Logan. Was a little doubtful with the casting for Laura at first. Seems like the kid got the snikts well

awwww noooo
come here, you
it's ok

Are they going to be together now that she isn't going to be in a book with the O5 anymore? I still don't get why they were stuck together in the first place.

Ok, I've read most of black vortex and I still have no clue how and when her hair got dyed.

> not athletic Laura

Gawd, why is Emma so hot?

>not wanting animu Laura

>tfw creepy girl

Now imagine that this is trigger scent :^)

>I still don't get why they were stuck together in the first place.
Bendis didn't know what the fuck to do with her, so he immediately wanted to put her in a romance with Cyke, because hurrhurr dank Wolvie x Cyke memes.
But then Rucka took Cyclops away to write that short space Cyke ongoing so Bendis couldn't do that.
But since he still didn't know what the fuck to do, he just tossed a coin between Beast and Angel and went with it.

meh

Her Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy issue. I think it's #2 or something.
That issue itself is actually not too terrible. But fuck the rest of that series and Wolverines.

:^]

Should have more Domino and X23 interaction. There were so few.

HNNNNG!!!

God, the line work is so thick, blotchy, and pixilized. It might not look so bad otherwise.

Not at bad as that one x-men artist who was drawing her all long and delicate and willowy.

> Talon
OP, that died the very moment it got printed in a panel

This was such a good Laura moment. She's discussing the feelings she's learned in such a logical manner and sees right through Daken. This made me start to like her.

I'm glad this happened anyhow, in case someone who does 'get' the character gets to write her next. Otherwise she could have developed a really boring personality that would be accepted as her character if used long enough. I won't buy Hopeless's shitty story telling, though.