Shelf/Recent Purchases Thread

Sorry if there was one yesterday or something, haven't been ere for a coupla weeks.

I got these today

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_Crepax
amazon.com/Complete-Crepax-Dracula-Frankenstein-Stories/dp/1606998900/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484913936&sr=1-1&keywords=crepax
amazon.com/Complete-Crepax-Eater-Other-Stories/dp/1606999737/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484913936&sr=1-2&keywords=crepax
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

most recent shelf
>inb4 you know what

The Superman stuff

couldn't fix details better so I made it like that.

probably getting the GL omnis next month

To the guy looking at the TMNT Ultimate Collections last thread: Get all six. They're all Eastman and Laird. First five are the core series, last one is a bunch of random short stories from throughout the run.

Also, get the first two Tales of the TMNT and read around the first and second hardcovers. They contain Eastman and Laird stories from a short lived spin off series. A few of them actually tied back into the main book later, such as Rat King's first appearance. It also has Leatherheads first appearance. So worth a read.

I've been thinking of getting Superman from OYL until the end of New Krypton. I loved that entire era. But it seems like a lot and a bit of a stupid think to do, especially now with trades getting rarer.

But I did love that era.

Spotted some manga goin for cheap on a local adverts website so picked up Cyborg 009 vols.1 and 10, and Icaro book 2

I already have vol.1 of 009 but picked it up in case anyone else wanted it as it's long OOP and hard to get. Plus Ishonomori's Committee have frozen the rights to the franchise so we're prolly never gonna get an English language translation for some time

If anyone wants to trade for it lemme know!

yeah it's been pretty good. I'll eventually complete my collection in that regard.

Got these monday, Tokyo Ghost was a blind buy but I only paid $5 each so if I don't enjoy it then its whatever

I've got Hellboy Library Edition 4 coming in tomorrow, I hope.
I wish I'd gotten into this stuff way sooner. But then again maybe it's better to just have lots of it to read now.

the supergirl trades are part of new krypton so they may not make that much sense without reading the complete story.

straight to page 10.

>Not starting with Brainiac
>Not listing Last Son as background material

What?

It's nuts that I want to buy Peter David's Hulk run in the epic collection and get it bound as a hardcover isn't it?

Nice!
Always love seeing those Kirby omnibuses

if you have the money, why not?

holding them in hands is even better.

>TFW after I finished Kabuki, I read Land of Laughs and now want to start a mask collection

I never see any merchandise in these threads, just shelves. I can't be the only one here from /toy/. Show off your figures too. I'd post mine, but all I have are three of those Mezco Hellboy toys.

I don't have room nor the will to display my transformers and he-man shit but I got the original devastator (constructicons) and the first few optimus primes (including that one made of metal) mothballed in my basement. what is it called? G1 or something? they're heavily used though because we actually played with them.
also Grimlock and Sludge G1, but Slugde kind of lost his lower jaw because it was movable and I had to try out just how fucking far you could move it...

Trying to make me jelly won't work, damn you! Hah, that was a lie. I knew I shoulda bought that first Fourth world omnibus when I saw it in Waterstones...ended up getting Carol Tyler's You'll Never Know instead.

>page 10
bad goy, buy comics!

Yes, because that run sucks.

still waiting on my xmen omnibus :(

where did you order?

few weeks ago from a 3rd party on amazon. the arrival window was jan 10-26 so there's still a week to go. just annoying to wait

yeah I know that feel, I regularly order from the marketplace.

jan 26 it is user

I have a very modest little toy collection simply because I'm a poorfag and not only would rather buy books but also I have no real space to display a collection anyways in a small 1br apartment.

My gen1 Metroplex is my crown jewel though, i need to give it a good cleaning and ebay for the couple missing little pieces i can't find.

I've been wanting to get the complete Blackest Night bound in exact reading order for years. We here on Sup Forums make stupid decisions.

Most of my toy collection is Transformers and Gundam. Lots of Dunbine.

I do have the Tom Strong and Promethea figures.

I've been wanting to get Hellboy figures, but a few characters I consider necessary never got toys, so using that method I dodged that pricey bullet.

Latest buys

I would wait for the HC's for these if Image HC's weren't overpriced and shitty

good night /shelf/, stay alive over the night, will you?

Got them all free

Here's all my Christmas/New Year stuff. Sales were good to me.

>got drunk and ordered $200 in MtG cards

Looks like I'm going to be sticking to my preorder list for a while.

I'd ask if you could flip them, but let me guess:

>other players only want to trade for equal value
>stores buy at 1/4 value or less

Sound about right?

UP

Complete* birthday acquisitions

(*TMNT #2 arriving in the mail probably tomorrow)

Sandman and Gotham Central is sexy

I finally made my first non-manga purchase for my collection in ages with Ms. Marvel OHC v2, only for it to arrive today in a flimsy plastic sleeve punched full of holes with all four corners of the book smashed beyond repair - the top right so badly damaged that the binding is coming apart and all the pages are smashed diagonally about two inches into the book itself. Ugh.

What tier of the Image humble bundle is worth buying up to if I have none of their selections?

I'd say beat the Average for East of West, Fatale, and Chew

Fuck I need to get those Hellboy Library editions. Amazon is out of stock though

Not featured in pic related is Moon Knight Vol 1 The Bottom (2006) hardcover. Kind of went on a Moon Knight binge

>Amazon is out of stock though
Don't worry, Dark Horse doesn't let them stay out of print for long

I'm pretty sure Hellboy is their big money maker since losing Star Wars, unless I'm under estemating how many Whedon fans buy the Buffy/Angel/Firefly comics

Did it lose a fight to a yeti?

Haven't read the current run, but you should get the rest of the 2006 run, Ellis' issues are carried by the art.

got the new crepax volume

Picked up this on my way home from work today
It's my first Gaiman work and Vertigo series altogether. Is it an ok starting point to just jump in?

What's that?

>Not sticking to the thread format

"Yes"

Why not actually start with The Sandman?

got a cheeky parcel yesterday

Oh wow. I ordered The Hypo late November along with other comics. Others showed up in early December but Hypo didn't. After a week I asked Book Depository for a new copy, which arrived last week's Tuesday. And today the other one showed up. What should I do? Send it back?

They will probably tell you to keep it.

This cover looked cooler

what is that? looks super interesting Van Sciver is like the comics ambassador to the USA or something right?

Hmmm think this is about two years old but can't be bother to take new ones.

Plus 5 long boxes of floppies mainly Iron man and Hellboy

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4
tablet

I send a message to them. I don't care either way, though maybe I could sell the other copy.
It's Noah Van Sciver's comic about Lincoln. I've liked his other work and BD has it on sale.

why can't you guys never run your images through a photo viewer first?

Crepax is the name of the artist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_Crepax

or image search "Crepax comic", but there's a lot midly NSFW stuff in it so be aware if you're at work or something.

XStatix is at my local shop for like 50
and YA is there for 25
either one worth it?

>Shit and Piss
great comic to read on the bus I guess

X-Statix is defo worth it.

x-statix is oop, go buy it

amazon.com/Complete-Crepax-Dracula-Frankenstein-Stories/dp/1606998900/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484913936&sr=1-1&keywords=crepax

and you just got this one?
amazon.com/Complete-Crepax-Eater-Other-Stories/dp/1606999737/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484913936&sr=1-2&keywords=crepax

Yes, why haven't you bought XStatix yet?
YA not so important.

I only really read X-Men when it was fun in the 90s so idk them

half of the Omni collects stuff from the 90s.

XStatix you either love or hate because of its art. I can't stand Allred's artstyle

whats the best place to get floppys online? i dont have any local stores and i get most my trades off amazon, but id like to get a few issues here and there that never wound up in trades.

mycomicshop
midtown comics
tfaw

thanks friend

Got this today

c'mon user.

It does, but it's really not at the beginning and you'd rather start at the beginning when it comes to Sandman. there should be numbers on the cover and recommendations by Gaiman on the back if it's the newest edition, while "Death" is "off to the side" (meaning it's basically just a tie in).

How readable is the Bone One Volume 20th anniversary edition? Thinking of getting it with part of my tax refund, but I'm not sure if I should just stick with the soft cover if I want to actually read it.

I think it would be good for a few readings. Not the best format for collection, but for reading? It will do

>Big Damn Sin City
thought that was OOP and sold out already? it's available (again?) on German amazon and on IST (not on amazon.com though, still $151 there from marketplace).

Britbongistans, there's £10 off any Amazon purchase (through their own stores) today only with the coupon BIGTHANKS

Happened to me lots of times. I usually give away my copies to friends and family. Great taste by the way, Noah Van Sciver is probably the best cartoonist of out generation (people born in the 80's).

>Generous Bosom
Man, I want those too but I feel like I should wait until he is finished and releaes it as a whole book. Hate reading unfinsihed work and having to wait for more.

If they don't want it back, I'll probably try to sell it at a second hand shop/comic festival or donate it to the library.
I thought DeForge was considered the golden boy of today's cartoonists, not that Noah is far behind.

Yes, Simon Hanselmann, Noah Van Sciver and Michael Deforge are the "praised trio". I personally like all three but Van Sciver is "a modern Robert Crumb" as one reviewer put it.The Hypo is his weakest work imo though. I like it better when he makes stories about poor low educated losers or autobio stuff.

>Noah Van Sciver
his brother though

kek. It's pretty funny that Ethan is a full on alt-right/trump nutjob while Noah runs in more liberal crowds. Ethan's facebook is pretty funny with all the debates.

I thought of Simon too. There's also Piskor, Eleanor Davis and Jillian Tamaki of their generation. I already have Fante and Disquiet so The Hypo being on sale was nice.
Sup Forums doesn't really fit Noah...

Came in a few minutes ago.

Don't even play MtG anymore, but now I have 5 EDH decks, so going to try and teach my friends how to play.

My pulls this week, plus a book and a vidya which may or may not have comic book cutscenes. The last did, don't know about this.

Got my copy of Copra Round One. The initial order disappeared into thin air, but the person I emailed about it was really helpful and sent me another copy.
Think once I get work I'm gonna order Round 2 and keep going, the art is so goddamn sexy. Need to reread Ostrander's SS run too.

Their Buffy comics have been horrible. I bailed after Season 8.

Serenity's not bad, but far to rare.

>Gravity Rush 2
My nigga. Wish I had money, I want to pick it up and Yakuza 0