Injustice 2: Batman the Fighters

Injustice 2 thread

New trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Uf-_-CuetzM

Pastebin: pastebin.com/V5wVHSY2

There will be a stream on the 24th showing off a "new" character.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/822181099401052162
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is also a beta probably.

Has NRS done betas for any of their previous games?

they probably will because of how horrible the netcode for MKX was

Well they're using GGPO now right? They switched over to that for the MKXL update so it should be better this time.

They did one for the new MKX netcode.

It was pretty smooth.
It was a closed beta though.

>who is your favorite bad guy to fight?
>Superman

I would really love to see a full superhero movie that's animated like that trailer.

Who the fuck is that narrator?
I swear he sounds like one voice actor from Newgrounds.

>Damian is back to being Robin

You think he and Bruce finally reconciled or is he just wearing that to piss Bruce off?

>looking through ed boons twitter
>he had a twitter poll for damian, nightwing, or red hood
>vast majority voted for red hood
>damian had least votes
>Damian revealed as a playable character
>more guest characters taking important and limited roster slots
>"Ed Boon really wants to listen to fan feedback"
>everyone complained about all the batshit in injustice 1
>does it again but even worse this time
>gets rid of half the cool characters from injustice 1 and replaces them with batman villains
>martian manhunter and lobo forgotten and left to rot just like in comics

I really think Ed Boon wants to kill this game. Maybe he'd rather just work on MK or something and got sucked into this without much choice. This has to be sabotage.

They're fighting, so it's probably to piss Batman off.

>i'm 12 and don't understand how ridiculously expensive and time consuming trailers like this take

Hes basically WBs bitch at this point and he uses Injustice to test ideas for the next MK game

Seems obvious Red Hood will be DLC. They gotta get people to buy the season passes and tossing such a highly requested character in one would guarantee sales.

At that point it might as well be live action. Same effect, way, way fucking cheaper, and actually has a cast that people might want to watch.

why would any of that kill this game? I guarantee to you it'll sell 5 million easy just like MKX did

>everyone complained about all the batshit in injustice 1

I don't know if I would call Sup Forums "everyone". You need the Batman characters to bring in the casuals. But hey, if the leak is to be believed were also getting cool shit we asked for like Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, Swamp Thing and Dr. Fate.

You're probably right, people eat up any shit they can these days. Still if you wanted to make a good game why would you make such poor decisions? It'll still probably sell well but it lost my support at least and there are pretty many who aren't happy with the roster.

We don't need both.

DLC Master List
>Livewire
>Black Manta
>Larfleeze
>Plastic Man
>Red Tornado
>Vixen
>Booster Gold
>Solomon Grundy
>Hellboy

okay user let's hear it, who was it that you wanted in?

Because for the majority of the people who will get this game those are not poor decisions. I realize Sup Forums's constant complaints about the over-saturation of Batman in all things DC may have colored your perceptions a bit but overall most people still love Batman and his extended cast. It sucks but the amount of people who care about Poison Ivy and Bane far outnumber those who care about MMH and Lobo. Putting in more Batman characters is due to listening to fan feedback, it's just not your feedback.

My guesses:

>Red Hood
>Katana
>Spawn
>Starfire
>Vixen
>Sub-Zero
>Black Manta
>Static
>Rorschach

I really fucking hope WB doesn't make them shoehorn in Steppenwolf because of the JL movie, he sucks ass.

we better get orion and not steppenwolf

that your wishlist or your prediction?

Orion would be a solid choice, and yeah fuck Steppenwolf with a rake. I cant believe we have to put up with this crap in a JL movie. Also a bit annoyed with the constant Spawn requests given that he hasnt been relevant in over a damn decade

Seeing the high demand for Red Hood made me worried that he's going to be a DLC and it's seems that I'm right.

It loses my support too because I'm not happy with the main roster.

I really think an animated film like this would be way better than live action, I can't be the only one tired of superheroes being ruined by the whims of "bankable" actors and directors. Look at DC's animated universe, they stick closer to the original material and they're better for it. Why can't we do the same thing but with CGI?

I just wanted most of Injustice roster to return plus extras.
I got pretty excited for Black Manta and then that got shot down. Deathstroke replaced with Deadshot is criminal. I hate when characters get cut, yeah you added a few new ones that are cool like Atrocitus and Grodd, but then you cut out half the old characters that were cool so you really don't win.

Twitter went crazy over MMH and Lobo, it wasn't just Sup Forums. People were near insane that MMH wasn't in the base game. MMH at least is really popular, but since he has no comic they don't care about him.

Jesus christ if I bought ultimate edition and those were the 9 DLC characters i'd probably kill myself.

It's too expensive and time consuming.

user its partly your own fault for expecting NRS to just build off the first games roster. They rotate characters in nearly every game.

>MMH at least is really popular

MMH had a problematic moveset, so he can stay gone.

>but then you cut out half the old characters that were cool so you really don't win.

But most of the characters they cut were the boring ones that kind of sucked. Nobody is going to miss Zod or manface Raven or Hawkgirl. Some of the cuts certainly suck like the ones you mentioned and Lex and Sinestro but overall I like pretty much all the new additions even more than the cut characters.

>Red Hood
>Katana
>Spawn
>Starfire
>Vixen
>Sub-Zero
>Black Manta
>Static
>Rorschach
This roster is honestly better than the main one.

>Putting in more Batman characters is due to listening to fan feedback
I don't think anyone asked for Damian or Scarecrow.

The ones I care about even if no one else does:
Doomsday
Lex
Lobo
Shazam
MMH
Hawkgirl
Ares(was my main)
Deathstroke
Sinestro
Zod
Batgirl
Zatanna

So yeah alot of cool characters just fucking gone and the cool ones they added just don't make up for it.

Damian was in the first one and since Dick is dead it makes sense for Damian to be back on his own as just Robin. It's better like this anyway, this way we can get all the other Robins as costumes.

Dee Bradley Baker

I'd much rather have Damian Nightwing with Dick as a costume than Damian Robin. "other Robins" as costumes basically means Tim since Dick and Jason are well-established as their own characters who would have different movesets from Robin.

>Damian was in the first one
Indeed which is why there is no need to bring him back.

Literaly what's point of making I2 if it's going to be the same roster? I'm it's freaking duh that they are going to have a new and let go of the old ones.

*I means

This whole game looks like ass. Even compared to Injustice 1, which was already pretty bad.

surely you guys aren't taking that leaker's post as final word, are you?
I mean c'mon.. why wouldn't Lex Luthor be in the game? because he's dead? Joker's death is pretty much what set off the entire Injustice universe to be what it is and yet he's all but confirmed in this game
having Hal but no Sinestro, Adam but no Billy. something's just off about it all and it'd really be better if we just waited it out.

>people not including manhattan and rorshach in DLC

boy you guys sure are in for a shock

>Literaly what's point of making I2 if it's going to be the same roster?

Would you want a game with 0 returning characters? No Superman and Batman? Most people wouldn't. Fighting game sequels need to have a balance between new characters to bring excitement and old favorites for players of the first game to enjoy (and to expand upon the things the first game did well, rather than scrapping it all). I'd say that balance is somewhere around 25%-33% overturn; preferably just a larger roster overall. I2 (if the leak is the be believed) has dropped over half the characters from the first game, which seems excessive and is sad for anyone that enjoyed those characters; which should be quite a lot of people since 18/30 characters aren't returning. It's sad for everyone that enjoyed those characters, and some were quite popular; Deathstroke, MMH, Lobo, Nightwing. Even Doomsday was pretty common online.

kill yourself

theres no way they're adding both of them in

Expand the game and improve on the old, thats the point of a sequel. Look at how Smash Bros handles their games, 90% of the roster returns and the game expands rather than having a rotating cast of characters every game. You scrap minor characters like Killer Frost, Grundy, Hawkgirl, Zatanna if you need to make room for some new faces, but cutting out big characters like Sinestro, Lex Luthor and Deathstroke is retarded.

I think hes full of shit. Not sure if Sup Forums is just gullible or what. On Sup Forums some dude posting random shit like that would be laughed at while here everyone accepts it without any real proof.

Seriously just seriously what would Rorshach even do? Manhattan could work but Rorshach is just retarded for a fighting game.

Superman was right. Batman is a cunt.

Dude's been right about everything so far. Since it's the mobile game he could have missed some things certainly but it all seems fairly reasonable so far. Lex and Sinestro are important characters yes but they didn't get much play in the first game and we have Brainiac and Atrocitus to fill their roles. And it was completely unnecessary to have both Billy and Black Adam in the first game, bringing back just the one who survived is much better.

Nobody played Joker either. What's the justification for that? Oh right this game is for Batfags only.

We'll 100% get a watchmen DLC though.

Those retards on Sup Forums believed a guy saying Wolverine would be in the game, let's not pretend they're any smarter than us, at least our guy sounds reasonable. And while he could have made these himself these Harley images that are supposedly from the mobile game are better proof than most leakers offer. At the very least he put the effort in to fool us.

Brawler type moveset that makes use of improvised weaponry like the spray can flamethrower. Wouldn't be crazy interesting but it wouldn't exactly be hard to make a decent moveset for Rorschach and he is the most popular choice.

>Sup Forums believed a guy saying Wolverine was in the game
No they did not you fucking Sup Forumsmblr liar piece of shit

Harley Quinn is the most popular DC character, so of course both her Waifu and Husbando make it in.

Well yeah it's the Joker, if dying didn't stop him from coming back in Arkham Knight it certainly wouldn't stop him here.

eh, I wouldn't call a couple of right guesses "everything". he certainly wasn't aware that Zoom, PG and John would be skins.

You dumb faggots hit the bump limit giving that dipshit more (you)s than he could count. You gave him exactly what he wanted despite him obviously being a bullshitter from word one. Sup Forums constantly has threads full of retards begging for info from guys claiming to be insiders for every game under the sun.

There was a beta for new MKX netcode, and MK9 had a playable demo before release that spoiled everything in the game because Unreal Engine is easy as fuck to reverse engineer

He listed them and since in the mobile games skins are separate characters it still checks out. He still could have guessed all this but the odds seem to be in his favor here. Scarecrow will likely be the deciding factor since he's the oddest choice of the bunch.

>Would you want a game with 0 returning characters? No Superman and Batman?
I didn't say that. What I meant that you should expect that they obviously not are going to bring back all the old ones.

>Expand the game and improve on the old, thats the point of a sequel
Indeed which includes having a new characters and different roster.

Haha. You got BTFO, dude

>tfw my main from 1 is rumoured to be removed from 2

ripip doomsdaddy you died too soon

By adding new characters the roster is different. There is no reason to cut out big name DC characters for shit like Poison Ivy, Deadshot and Scarecrow. I think you are just trolling at this point. By Injustice 3 we'll have literal who characters even Sup Forums will have to dig deep to find who they are if we just replace the roster every time.

This game is going to be dead in 2 weeks anyways.

It'll probably be dead on launch for me anyway, since it's a NRS game so it's gonna be fucking region locked on PS4 for me again.

>There is no reason to cut out big name DC characters for shit like Poison Ivy

I can name a big one for her

>I think you are just trolling at this point
And I don't think you know what trolling means.

I'm not happy with I2 roster either and I already said that they lost my support, but they obviously not going to have the same roster as before which was my point.

>This game is going to be dead in 2 weeks anyways.
can you stop saying that? it's not fucking true.

lemme guess, you're in the EU region?

Bingo. I'm probably gonna have to just make a completely new PSN just so I can play with friends because DLC doesn't transfer for some reason either so if I buy it on a US account it'll only work on a US account and not on a EU one using a US game.

>Have high hopes for Smash Bros
>Ends up being oversaturated with Fire Emblem and 3rd parties
>Have high hopes for IJ2
>Is riddled with cuts and more Batman characters

Why do I do this to myself?

>>Online will use GGPO like MKXL

Huh, I didn't know that. Does it actually work well in MKXL?

Hey guys i'm Ed Boon's brother, Ted Boon. My brother and I were at the bar about 4 months ago and normally he is not allowed to reveal info about Injustice 2 to me, but he got really drunk and started crying. I had to drive him home and had no idea why he was so upset. He told me through snot and tears how WB's told him he couldn't put Scorpion in the game this time and how he needs to stick to actual DC characters and a few allotted guest characters that weren't from MK. He eventually stopped crying and said hes gonna fuck them over big time. I asked him what he meant and before I knew it he was on his phone searching for obscure DC characters. He told me he was going to make this one into a DLC character and scrap an insanely popular character everyone wanted. I don't know who this guy is since i'm not a nerd who likes comics, but I figured I better let you guys know since my brother called me yesterday and confirmed he slept with my wife.

Thats what the new characters are for

>complains about Batman
>posts Batman image reaction
I think you just hate yourself m8

At least all the old characters came back(except Ice Climbers). Imagine if they cucked half the roster for those Fire Emblem characters.

You forgot Pokemon trainer ;_;

Beta confirmed

twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/822181099401052162

beta.injustice.com

>for north america

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh yeah I did. Well 1/3 of him came back.

Sweet

>tfw Mexico is in North America
No wall can stop me now

It's a fact man. The roster is abysmal. People will play story and this will be shelved. Why would you even play this shit game when Street Fighter V exists and Tekken 7 is coming out? This game probably won't even make it to Evo for 1 year.

Wait for the great firewall.

BUILD FIREWALL

Ah right, I forgot your opinion was fact, my bad.

How about a beta for PC? That's where it would be needed the most. I honestly hate beta's for fighting games. Ruins day one.

>WB/NRS
>PC

Good joke

The game isn't even announced for PC yet.

They're going to release the game on PC as well so why not give us a beta where its actually needed so that the game isn't a massive shitty turd like MK X PC instead of letting console kids get their free demo.

Well presumably the reason why they're waiting until later to do a PC release is to avoid that problem altogether and actually make it good at launch this time. They'll probably do a beta for the PC version specifically later on once they actually announce it.

By the time its released the community for the game will be gone.

I wouldn't assume that. Inj1 and MK9, despite being released much later on PC still had a decent community.

>play this shit game when Street Fighter V
Why would you play Street Fighter V ?

Street Fighter V is the world's most popular fighting game and Capcom's gift to humanity.

Man Capcom must not like humanity all that much if they didn't even bother to finish making their gift before giving it to us.

Just signed up wish me luck bros

Because there will be people to play it with.

>worlds most popular fighting game
Yep
>capcoms gift to humanity
The game is pretty bad actually but people play it unlike all other fighters that are only active the first 2 weeks.

Injustice 2 because it will only last 2 weeks