I always thought that "Movies women will never understand" threads were just a meme until last night

I always thought that "Movies women will never understand" threads were just a meme until last night.

>be me
>be artfag
>gf is also artfag
>two of us decide to watch each other's favorite movies
>sit through Easy A
>fucking hate it, but i pretend to laugh and pay attention because Emma Stone
>Watch Pic related
>Is on her phone for half the movie
>keeps asking me what's going on
>during the end where Bell is describing his dreams, she asks me if the movie is over yet
>says she hates it because Moss and his wife die and Anton doesn't get fucked

For real, why are women like this? Why can't their feeble minds understand kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivUzfuuJNQI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>your two favourite movies are Easy A and No Country for Old Men
I don’t know if you qualify as “artfags”

>implying No Country For Old Men isn't art
The point is that the two of us constantly do shit together. I thought that we'd both enjoy similar movies.

>tfw me in my gf are mathfags
>both of us don't watch tv or movies
I only come to Sup Forums for memes.

Just tell her to turn off the phone man.

@89258113
I remember when bait was half believable, I can't even give this a (You).

easy a was good though you insecure faggot.

How long you two been together? How many major relationships have you been in? I've been with my girl 5 years, and even though I'd consider her of above average intelligence, she's got the taste of a goddamn retard. It's 'cause her values are shit. So of course it colors her taste.

Men and women prioritize different things, experiences, and concepts. On the whole I think men are more principled, and that allows us to connect with art in a way women have difficulty doing.

The thing that got me, that is hard to wrap my head around, is how women say they like sad stuff, sad movies, whatever, but the kind of stuff they consider sad is fucking surface level larper bullshit. Either the stuff that makes us sad has no effect on them, or they complain that the sad stuff we like is too sad. Like, what the fuck do you mean by that?

>tfw my gf constantly tries to convince me The Room has artistic integrity because it lacks pretension
>tfw she only watches Ozu because they're like "japanese soap operas"
>tfw she refuses to watch Kiarostami because she thinks his movies are too "paced"
>tfw she thinks Metropolis is good, but won't watch Intolerance
>tfw she doesn't like movies with subtitles because when she watches a movie at home she wants to "do other things at the same time," she "just likes the background noise."

why doesn't she want to appreciate art with me?

"Let's watch a comedy - I'm not in the mood for something depressing"

I've met tons of girls who like NCFOM and good artsy films
If your gf's favourite film is Easy A she has shit taste

damn man, I know exactly what you're talking about. Weird thing though, my current girlfriend has struggled with chronic illness her whole life and seems to connect more with the type of actual sadness that I experience. I dunno but maybe having to deal with something like that and constantly facing your own mortality changes people. I keep telling her we gotta watch No Country, so I'll see how she likes it.

Kek

>Anton doesn't get fucked
Get out now OP before she breaks your heart.

you sound insufferable

Insecure losers like pretentious movies like No Country and There Will Be Blood because they feel like it will make them seem intelligent.

>Easy A
>No Country
sound like a typical normalfag couple desu. artfags would like shit like Daisies

First red flag should have been her favorite movie being Easy A.

rude

The Wrestler was robbed

The two aren't comparable. No Country has a purpose and message while There Will be Blood exists for Daniel Day Lewis to chew his way to another oscar.

you're a couple of normies, stop calling yourselves artfags. fucking plebs.

everyone take a look at these plebs

"art" women are retarded. at least normies dont have the need to pretend they are anything but children with tastes to match

>over at friends house
>he lives with his gf
>put on bladerunner directors cut
>gf falls asleep not even half way through and then gets up and goes to bed
>enjoy rest of the movie with friend

To this day she claims it was so boring and crap and that I must have bad taste in movies while she loves all the crappy sparkling vampire movies.

>women

>Is on her phone for half the movie
Why do women always do this too?

It's true, women are retards who only like things on a surface level, and only have superficial tastes. It's shocking this is a revelation to some people still.

You should've told her it was made a black director and being on her phone during the movie was racist. I'm assuming you're pussyhat people because of the "artfag" comment. Should work on her

Very few movies are all about them

Easy A is a good movie, you're just fucking dense OP

Never heard of Easy A, what is it about?

Naganuma really is an amazing composer. He should do something for a film.

it's not about women. 90% of people are completely ignorant and too impatient to watch good films. and since most guys here don't have enough women throwing themselves at you to choose girls based on film tastes most get stuck with the 90%. we base our friends on common interest not our gfs which skews our sample.

a girl i dated for a few months got me to finally watch chinatown. things didn't work out but if film tastes were my no. 1 priority i'd have held on to her.

>watch blade runner with gf
>first thing she says afterwards was wow that was intense
>we discuss the films themes and such
>she has some insights I didnt think about
Get a better fucking gf immediately
The problem is you dont attract intelligent women

>pretentious

lol

how do you understand any meme references though?

>insights I didnt think about
Such as..?

she's saying it to get under your skin. it's a flirting technique. next time you're alone with her try to fuck her she'll 90% be down.

>gf is also artfag
>Easy A
>my faces when

Nigga you funny.

first one makes her based though
>>tfw she doesn't like movies with subtitles because when she watches a movie at home she wants to "do other things at the same time," she "just likes the background noise."
run user

>understanding=/=liking

short attention span

Used to have a friend who was like that and I never understood it. Like, if you don't want to watch the movie, don't watch the movie. Don't try and multitask your way through a movie, it gets on my nerves. Or if you're going to multitask at least do something you don't have to look at, like knitting.

how do you explain my dad always understanding all the kinos I show him and mom can't even remember the characters? he usually has shit taste too.
It's just a fundamental difference between the sexes like user explained, women cant into art.

you're too dumb for her and she will realize this and dump you

This is probably true. Smart women can trade up so easily.

No it wasn't, it came out in 2008.

The Assassination of Jesse James was robbed however.

How do I spot an intelligent woman? Are there any obvious signs?

I don't

>using pic with the cat cropped out

Peasant

>>she has some insights I didnt think about
If this unironically happens then you have to be mentally handicapped no way around it

What's pretentious about No Country for Old Men? It's just a modern western grounded in reality.

They are right wing and seek perfection through hard work.

I'm sorry to be the one that has to tell you this user but you and your GF are retarded.

>how do I spot an intelligent woman?
>find one with the same world view as you
kek

>being in a relationship with someone for 5 years when you know you don’t share the same values

he's already a meme master - there's nothing he can't do

>right wing
>hard work
LOL

My GF did that but after she woke up, we had sex and when she was done cooking lunch we continued watching and she ended up really loving it.

Weeks later we went to see 2049 and she was blown away by it. She didn't felt bored or sleepy at all(she slept through BvS and John Wick and so many other movies in the cinema, we go a lot).

For OP it think it's not that women can't enjoy movies but you have to know how to talk her into liking it. They don't see some movies the same way as many of us but that's because they don't hold the same values. If you can make your GF see things with your eyes without acting like a overjoyed child she will understand and most probably will end up liking the same things as you. Remember that women always want to please their man.

Mew is better though.

>she slept through BvS
She's not the only one!

I think he just retweets every meme he sees

You gotta keep in mind that men are based on action and the philosophies which dictate it. Women are based on how they feel about events.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivUzfuuJNQI

I'm not even American, and certainly not right wing.

But a smart woman is the one that knows that a vagina isn't enough for achieving. That's something that most woman don't understand. Hence all the things we see in todays world.

It's a good movie, but the epitome of Oscar bait.

Japan has some real memeophiles. The artist from WarioWare is constantly drawing memes too.

which insecurity is making you call good movies pretentious?

> Remember the few times i try to sit through a movie for my dad.
> I manage to pay attention/ have a great time.
> Dad's asleep.
> He allwayse falls asleep unless its very specific type of movie he likes.
> Even then its 50/50 and depends if he had a sandwitch or not.

I love my dad and everything but this killed wanting to see movies with him.

Lots of people get uncomfortable in that situation. It's like you're watching him, watch the movie. It's weird.

Also slapping him on the leg saying "huh? Huh?" when he doesn't bust a gut laughing at a funny part sucks too.

>Also slapping him on the leg saying "huh? Huh?" when he doesn't bust a gut laughing at a funny part sucks too.
...Uh...

>sees Javier Bardem in thumbnail
>*breaths in*
>YUGS PURRROOO

>current gf is the love of my life
>her taste in movies is 99% similar to mine, by some miracle
>she even appreciates so-bad-that-they-are-good movies
Feels good man.

>so-bad-that-they-are-good movies
Dishonest term.

What exactly gave you the idea that you too are artfags?

>projecting this hard

Kek

>too
When you try to be condescending but make a rookie mistake.

GTFO ROASTIE.
We dont want your kind here.

Wimmin r dum lol

>all women are like my gf

I think No Country is a great film, but it's not my favorite as far as "artsy" or depressing films go.

If you didn't like Easy A, you should have just said so. Are you afraid she's gonna break up with you or something? Maybe you both would be better off dating clones of yourselves than other people.

>gf

Get off my board you fucking normie

TOASTY ROASTIES OFF THE PORT BOW

>tfw Barry Lyndon is amongst your favorites
>tfw it's beyond impossible to find a female that will keep attention for more than a 15 mins of it

If you're an 'artfag', you need to watch better movies. Like Spirit of the Beehive. At least then you'll sound like you have a bit of credibility rather than sounding like every 18 year old who watches babby's first '''''''fillum'''''''

i think women can understand anything if they want to impress a male. this girl just doesn't want to impress you

lesser of the two kinos am i right jack

this guy gets it. Bravo

When your method of an epic comeback resembles a relatable facebook meme.
You sure do seem like a deep thinker though.
kill yourself

>self-proclaimed """art"""fags
>favourite movies are normie garbage

True normies don't like No Country. They always find it boring and/or confusing.

>watch my favorite movie with gf
>it's Alien (1979)
>shes actually interested
>reacts the same way i did the first time i watched it
>says the effects and costumes were really good and actually terrifying
>actually enjoys the atmosphere
>asks questions about more than just the face value of the film
>legitimately enjoyed the film and asks to watch the sequels
>go to see covenant premier with her at our favorite theater along with my dad and best friend
>buys me a covenant replica crew jacket and a life size replica facehugger
>she can hold a conversation with me and my friend about the actual cinematic lore and the metaphors in the movie
>mfw
also fuck you we all loved covenant it was a damn good addition to the franchise

kys

Is ncfom pretentious? How?

To be fair most movies just add boring shit between scenes to reach that 90+ minutes time so people don't feel like they wasted money on a movie ticket. And you can't just fuking fast forward it.

>enjoying covenant
>bragging about braindead gf that enjoys covenant

Blade Runner IS boring though

>no fun allowed attitude
>not realizing movies are purely subjective and open to interpretation
sorry i enjoy things with my gf

>she slept through BvS and John Wick
Sounds like she has good taste and you don't

>almost 100 comments
>no Yugs Purrooo

My gf is artfag, I introduced her to Wong Kar Wai movies and she loved them.

Should I marry her or should I marry her?

>women
>intelligent
Pick one and only one