Is this the best film Korea ever made?

Is this the best film Korea ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6gN2VQBTFgc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't seen enough Korean movies to know, but I'm sure it's up there.

I have seen four korean movies, and this is definitely the best one.

I didn't get it. Who was the murder? The other detective?

He's looking at us...

the murderer could have been anyone, the little girl says he looks like a normal person and all korean males look arike

in real life the serial killer was never caught and given the popularity of the movie, he would have been watching it so he's staring at the audience

Old Boi?

The Host was better.

So the director made this movie to send a message to the killer that was never caught? That's dumb. I knew this movie was overrated.

it's great we got Park Chan-wook or Kim Ki-duk to show off the great potential of korean cinema.

Most other korean films I've seen are way too poppy/colourful, even downright plastic. Avoid anything that features k-idols.

Idol culture kinda kills everything serious there.

I don't know, I personally liked JSA better. I cried like a pusi with that one.

I preferred A Taxi Driver, which Sang Kang-Ho also starred in

the director made this movie to show the futility of the police sometimes when coming up against a random killer and how anyone can be a serial killer

real life most of the times police can only solve murders where the parties are related or close, this was also a critique of the police during the time which were more interested in dedicating their manpower towards political unrest than catching a killer

the ending message wasn't that he never got caught, it was that the main character will never find closure and sometimes crimes aren't neatly solved

That's not the good the bad and the weird

Don't bother with the brainlet

Watch the first episode of Mindhunter, moron.

to add more
Earlier in the film, a witness told the detective that the killer looked ordinary which is what exactly what the girl said. coupled with the fact that it was the same place where the body was dumped, the detective realize that its probably the murderer.

good ending

I liked New World better

The killer was the radio producer. The real message of the movie is how the audience gets frustrated by how dumb each character is.

Close OP but I'd rank pic-related just a bit above it

spirit of jeet kun do

the problem with korean movies is korean people which is why snowpiercer is the best

New World would be the best korea movie if ot for those weird fight choreographies.
That shit killed it for me.

But the final plost twist... OH MAN...

Old boy

mr vengeance is the superior kino.

>train to busan

I really don't get all the hate that snowpiercer get's I thought it was great?

How much did you cry when she chased after the bus?

The thread is really plebed up.

Nah, "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring" is the true patrician Korkino.

it was the pretty boy the entire time m8

you can't just say pleb without saying your options.

>that theme

youtube.com/watch?v=6gN2VQBTFgc

what about Lee Hae-jun

>implying
The garage/elevator fight choreo was GOAT mang

This movie is fucking awesome.