Why was this shit?

Why was this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D9veYQ8hAx4
youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJ4LMjo3tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I unironically liked it. The scene when his kid was trying to join the fight on the hill and he holds him down and tells him he loves him was pure kino.

Only bad part was the kid magically shows up at the end.

Plot really didn't go anywhere. They traveled from enjoyable setpiece to enjoyable setpiece only for its poor, go nowhere writing to catch up to it in the second half. The ending is laughably bad.

The main characters were obnoxious, especially the kids, and the script consistently chickens out from making them go through real change or sacrifice. They're just ordinary people, and ordinary people are getting slaughtered all around them, but it doesn't really hit home for the main cast of characters and you wouldn't care much if it did.

The invasion scenes are very well-done, I just wish they'd chosen a different perspective on the action

A good rollercoaster type film.

Good for a viewing every four years.

It's a faithful adaptation.

It wasn't shit. It had lots of cool moments.

This is one of the last big movies that came out before CG started looking really shitty.

There was no Thunderchild. No Thunderchild No Sale.

Abhorrent post.

>this is what underage nostalgiafags actually believe

Kill yourself you dumb nigger

Because Steven Spielberg modernized it without making it appealing to the audience. He threw out some of the best plot devices in the book and replaced it with some of the worst changes ever.

It's what JJ Abrams did to Star Trek

Only good War of the Worlds adaptations are
Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, Orson Welle's radio play, 1953 War of the Worlds

I can't watch a single tom cruise movie since I know how much of a Scientology shill he is. Kinda sad. Dude is a fucking idiot though. Cant stand him.

Butthurt Martian detected. I'd tell you to kill yourself but we all know you're already dying.

There was just no weight to anything. it was just really hollow.

Great movie. I really liked it

The screaming child who was literally incapable of walking on her own unless it was half a mile outside in the middle of the night to be immediately captured by aliens.

nice buzzwords fagtron

I'll watch almost anything with Tom. It's pretty much always guaranteed to be good and plenty of action. Especially after he did the first MI

>very annoying kids
>"divorced dad needs to get the love of his kids back" cliché
>that hole scene in the crazy guy's basement
>tom cruise is too famous, you only see the actor instead of his character

Take that all out, make the story about a regular un-married guy experiencing the alien attack and cast an unknown actor. Movie fixed.

>retarded kid runs towards a battle for absolutely no reasonable reason
>Tom Cruise holds him back from running into certain death, but then realizes the stupid fucker has a death wish
>lets the kid "die" but somehow he ends up safe at home

Bad acting and the classic Spielberg overcooking, over hyping of characters to the point of making them manic.

Yeah he realizes his kid is a dipshit and had to choose between that or his non dumb daughter. Its fantastic

>"divorced dad needs to get the love of his kids back" cliché
Name three films.

Mrs. Doubtfire

Night At The Museum

Ant-Man

A bunch of Roland Emmerich movies

>2012
>the day after tomorrow
>liar liar

IN A BRAVE NEW WORLD
WITH JUST A HANDFUL OF MEN
WE'LL START ALL OVER AGAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNN

Wouldn't mind it if they had someone other than Cruise, an older daughter and no brother. Would've been neat if the guy in the basement was an AWOL soldier who decided to pen up inside instead of some fat fuck and have to deal with PTSD shit instead of killing him for digging a hole. Other than that it's a 6/10, barely passing, but not shit.

I loved this movie as a big fan of the book and thought the modernization of the story was ok.
For some reasone THIS scene is what bugs me. (best version I could find)
youtube.com/watch?v=D9veYQ8hAx4
The family standing in the doorway, like "Where've you guys been? What's this mess?"
Just ruins the whole "world nearly ended" vibe.

Should have had it end with the tripod collapsing, and showing a bit more of them wrecked, a nice money shot to end off on.

>UUUUULLLLAAAAAA
youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM

Biggest complaint about the movie was the martian design. They've got a pretty unique, scary design in the book, but they looked so generic in the movie

Fuck the annoying kids
I wish they'd stop putting those in movies

>Hey, random child actress, you can scream right?
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Okay perfect, every time I say "action!" and the camera is pointed at you, do that!
>Okay... action!

Those are flicks, try again.

You're joking right?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJ4LMjo3tc

No Thunder Child