We constructed you a new body - a SHELL you could say

>We constructed you a new body - a SHELL you could say...
>But don't worry, your brain, your soul is the same - your GHOST as it were...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM
youtube.com/watch?v=oh9ioolJrd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>truly I have become Ghost in the Shell
really?!

>I'm Major

The real Ghost in The Shell...were the friends we made along the way...

That was maybe 2 or 3 minutes into the film and the very first lines of dialogue. It's unreal how shitty films are these days. Every decade has their stinkers that are forgotten but I'd like to see a comparison between the garbage produced between the 80s, 90s, 00s, and now to see just how out of hand things actually are.

I just want to let young people know that you have no obligation to see Ghost in the Shell as a classic.

It was a shitty looking film back in the '90s and it's a shitty film today.

Gonna rewatch for the 4th time, thanks OP

>she is the ghost in the shell
amazing

You tell me.

A bad action film from the 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM

A bad action film from the 90s
youtube.com/watch?v=oh9ioolJrd0

>villain is an evil corporate businessman who only cares about profits
Fuck me I'm so tired of this trope

>she actually is Ghost in the Shell

>Cherrypicking

No, thanks. I want a comprehensive examination.

>Out of my way you fucking shits, the buffet opens in five minutes.

Watching the movie now. I'm not offended by ScarJo playing the Major. Besides, didn't the anime's director approve of the casting?

Also, even if white washing is a thing, the Attack on Titan and FMA movies will not feature any white people, despite having an all white cast in their original manga/anime.

How isn't the blonde haired, blue eyed, white skinned Edward Elric supposed to be Asian? At least Makoto's ethnicity was never stated and she looks white.

I deliberately chose bad film that I liked but they're still pretty shite compared to GotS

Scarjo butchered the Japanese name at the end of the movie.
>"what's your name?"
>Scarjo breathes in deep
>"TOE-MOE-KOW"
I can tell she's never watched anime before lol

Literally what the entire cyberpunk genre is built around

Technically Tyrell in Blade Runner was just not interested in rights for machines. Sure they were a big corporation but they weren't morally evil. I haven't seen the new movie, though.

Batou is clearly Asian.

Jeez, Scarjo. Easy on the shells.

I like to imagine that all the Japs that saw this were laughing their skinny little asses off at how corpulent Scarlett was.

Are you new?

Nobody here cares about “whitewashing” or any of that made up bullshit.

Despite the shows that you apparently watch, not all japs like skinny bitches.

I want to put the millions of ghosts of my sperms in the shell of her bagina.

I have literally never seen a fat Jap. Not even a slightly overweight one.

Friend, you're not looking.

THIS DIDN'T REFLECT EITHER THE MANGA, THE ORIGINAL MOVIE OR STAND ALONE COMPLEX SEASON ONE!!! IT WAS A FEMALE ROBOCOP REMAKE DISGUISED UNDER THE IP OF ANOTHER FRANCHISE!!!FACT!!!

There's a GHOST in here? So spoopy oh god.

I remembered that tv/ subtitled meme when I saw that. Pure gold

I wanted to like this movie. It's a big budget sci-fi set in the future, whats not to like?
I found it to be utter late night free to air trash

Her name is Motoko and she still pronounced it better than Josh Brolin pronounced pancake.

go back to neogaf

I thought this was one of the best films of 2017 and I will never, ever understand the hate it got.

Here are the only criticisms I have ever seen.
>Muh whitewashing
>This remake of a classic 90s cyberpunk film uses cyberpunk tropes, the horror!

I haven't even bothered making threads about it because everyone just repeats the same two things ad nauseum.

It's straight up the anime movie in live action with extra padding.

>caring about how to pronounce some stupid gook name

mamoru oshii, the guy who directed the two films, appeared in some featurette and said he didn't mind, but honestly the casting on its own was the least of this flick's problems

>amnesia hallucination intensify

A hallmark of shitty writing if there ever was one.

Reminds me of that dead retard Robin Williams who's a huge fan of e-van-jelly-on.

I liked the visuals but making The Major Robocop instead of grizzled World War 3 vet rubbed me the wrong way. Plus the story simply didn't flow.

The Anime is much better.

I liked it

Enlighten us.

Evangelion isn't a japanese word

If she was supposed to be attractive why did they cast scarjo?

the movie is basically a generic sci fi movie wearing ghost in the shell as a mask, it did the source material zero justice.

fucking underrated post

>we'll never get a faithful live action SAC film

Never heard people say that the villain is bland and boring and he ruins the second half of the film? Or that none of the members of the team except for Motoko and Batou get any screentime? Or that ScarJo is shit at action scenes and most of them look pretty laughable? It is pretty though and the sound is great. Overall, not bad moment to moment, but pretty garbage as a package.

Movies like this make me sad. Where it's clear the art department was massively more competent then anyone else working on the flick and all their effort goes to waste. Alien: Covenant was the same.

>Defend this movie ardently, saying the whitewashing shit was retarded
>The script differs from the source material and she is literally an asian problem child implanted into a caucasian body

What the fuck. They actively made it more racist, which makes no sense, especially when you consider the writer(s) is/are probably all turbo-liberals.

Yeah but

>mah-ghi

Japs can't pronounce english words

>It was a shitty looking film back in the '90s
You're just trolling right?

Also the guy in the new Blade Runner literally saves the entire human race

>>The script differs from the source material and she is literally an asian problem child implanted into a caucasian body

Makes no sense for that change.

What's cooler, a badass special forces operator that fought and survived in World War 3 or some political activist that was implanted into a robot?

Buddy, I literally watched this 2 weeks ago and it was so dull I have almost zero recollection of it. I went into it very excited and wanting to love it because I love the original movie, and I thought ScarJo was a good casting choice and the trailer looked fucking awesome, but man did the movie suck. The story did not flow well at all, for one thing. It was also unbelievably bland and boring. I didn't care about any of the characters one bit. I didn't care about the fucking plot. It's only saving grace was the visuals and even those weren't very good. For following the original movie so closely, I have no idea how it managed to suck so badly, but it did.

the hard g is the old greek pronunciation of it

of the root word i mean

The sad part is that the art design wasn't even that good either.

The worst part is that the visuals and world building were on point
Knowing that this could have been amazing makes me a little sad honestly

This
>people defending the art direction
Alright, I'll admit the geisha robots were pretty cool, but everything else was a clear downgrade over the source material and movies.

God why was the 80s so much better than every other decade.
Even the 80s shitty movies are better than anything we have today.

>those stocks made out of home depot shelving

Everything was just a sleeker and somewhat shittier version of designs lifted from the source material, geishas and all.

Bad examples, you need a high-budget mainstream release. Something like Cobra would be the 80's equivalent of Ghost in the Shell.

it had its things
concept art didn't feature most of the holographic bullshit we saw on film

I finally got bored enough to watch it a few days ago. It's mind-numbingly awful and a horrible waste of some good production design and Takeshi Kitano.

ScarJo was actually one of the actively worst things in the film, in my opinion. The fat memeing turned out to not be memeing at all but right on the money, she just looked ungainly in this every time she moved, something not helped by most of her action scenes involving a skintight flesh-toned rubber suit. They needed a taller, more balletic actress for this part desperately. That's to say nothing of how flat, perfunctory and practically phoned-in her performance was - she was blatantly only in this to cash a cheque and (fail in) an attempt to strong-arm Marvel into giving her a solo Black Widow franchise.

also I hated how almost everything looked 3D printed. I guess that was the future manufacturing they where hinting

I normally hate Maciej's work but what he turned out for this film was solid. The blame for everything looking shit has to fall on the director and people making the props and sets.

Art isn't just art direction. CG was done well on screen, it all worked and came together as a coherent vision. That's more than most sci-fi films do.

also this one is the one that hurts me the most. it even has the same color palette but in the movie they decided to gray it out

>Bad directing
>Bad scenario
>Bad cast
>Bad over the top usage of cgi galagraphic shit

Its like BR2049 was made by a human and this was made by the ape or a child
This movie sucked my balls

Tom-oque-O
fucking gaijin

It also had the same issue as BR2049, which I guess must just be something endemic to modern concept artists, set designers, etc - no layers.

There's nothing in that image or the finished shot to give a real sense of depth like all the overlapping signs, wires, etc of the 1995 movie, or the original Blade Runner, or indeed actual Hong Kong.

the car is a great example, they just slapped a bodykit and some details on a junker lotus

Miami Connection is gloriously bad

I remember seeing some hi-res pics of the Lotus they converted, it was shoddy as fuck. You could even see paint overspray in the interior.

Blatantly they were hoping they could get by on the 'MEMBER THE 80'S factor of it being a Lotus, and chroming the bodywork to make it look even more similar to the DeLorean it shared most of a chassis with.

Cobra was definitely shitty in a much more enjoyable way

Imagine the hundreds of thousands of dollars GitS made by dumb roasties and non-weeabo permavirgins thinking showing up for a sold out show and deciding to watch this "horror", movie (you know Ghost).

>they scrapped the cybernetic since birth plot

dare tell me the expandables movies are better than this

get your slurs right, gook=koreans. chinks= chinese, and nips=japanese.

Gook is Vietnamese you idiot.

>get new robo body
>make it a fridge

AAAA GAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MAEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAA-AAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAA-AAA
You can hear it, can't you?

>"it's-a-me, major-io."
what the FUCK

>the geisha robots were pretty cool, but everything else was a clear downgrade over the source material and movies
same

Whatever, sometimes people aren't interested in cryptic bullshit, I watched the original anime or tried to anyway and shut it off after a half hour because there was no protagonist people need a protagonist otherwise why do I give a fuck. Anyway, never did figure out what the ghost in the shell was I figured it was the same thing as in I, Robot, a reference to robots who would do things you didn't expect, as though their were a ghost in their programming.

same here

This shit was an insult to the original. Was the main reason I was so skeptical about seeing 2049.

trips are infallible... and same.
all my friends fucking dragged me for saying it was aesthetic asf and i actually liked alot of the scenes

I can't believe they let her be fat onscreen like that.

This.

I understand why they cast a well-known actress because they thought it might help the movie at the box office. The problem I had with the movie is that the script was such a mess and they tried to cram too many storylines in one movie.

Someone post the production images.

Well, you're exactly the kind of person modern Hollywood makes movies for, so be happy I guess.

The sad truth is that the majority of moviegoers are retards like yourself, so actually smart movies don't sell. Just look at Blade Runner flopping.

This so much. 2049's flop is a travesty for cinema. We'll never get a Hollywood movie like that ever again. And who can blame them? It clearly doesn't sell. People don't want movies that "make them think". They want cheap instant entertainment.