I like to download BR rips, burn them and then print my own covers so I can have a "physical" collection for fun...

I like to download BR rips, burn them and then print my own covers so I can have a "physical" collection for fun. Comes out to about 3 bucks for each one. Does anybody else do anything like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubEu9QvetRE
amazon.com/Verbatim-Cases-Bulk-Pack-98603/dp/B00QTDU20U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508673365&sr=8-2&keywords=bluray cases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. But if you think it's fun, go for it.

No, I have a NAS and I just pull my movies from there.

just watched this movie yesterday for the first time it was bretty gud the first act was great the second was okay-ish the third was okay 8/10

I think it's a bit over-hyped here but was a great watch. It's hard to call it shit so maybe that's why most collectively like it around here.

No, but that's actually pretty cool man.

it wouldn't seem right, for me at least....

Pretty neat you can do it for that cheap and get those kind of results. I like the custom cover idea because some Blu Ray covers are covered with stupid shit or are terribly designed.

Do you also print labels for the discs? Otherwise, you just have a collection of burned-looking shit.

>See a BR remaster of Killer Klowns From Outer Space for $5

>This is the new cover art

who the fuck would do this

Pretty damn cool. Got pictures of any others?

That's actually a good cover.

How much does a blank BR cost you?

show your collection plz.

No, I like to support movies I enjoyed.

I just started doing this yesterday so I only have a few, here are a couple others where I used the original scanned artwork.

Is it a full blu ray rip or just the movie?

Well now you have to do A Clockwork Orange.

>and blade runner

You can get 25 x 25GB (good enough quality for me) for 20 bucks on Amazon. Cases are even cheaper.

Here are some other ones I have, yes pleb taste, some are for my gf

Just the movie, which is all I really wanted in the first place, starts up way faster than an actual Blu Ray and I don't have to go through previews or shitty menu. If I want to see the extra content so bad most of that is on youtube.

do you sell these to the black kids in your project op?

Blade Runner is definitely on my list, as will be the new one once it comes out, tons of cool artwork for both.

is this what standard printers are capable of now-a-days? Looks pretty high quality

Now complete the trilogy.

Yup, $60 printer but the the ink doesn't last for shit and is expensive. Pretty much the most expensive thing in this process because of it.

I put Yify rips onto a cd and onto a spindle.

sounds about right

no names nor nothin

Eraserhead for Halloween, also got the Criterion rip

FUCK YOU THIS IS WHY HOLLYWOOD IS DYING

You used to buy movies on the market like this back in the days.

But these days theres no point, its a waste of physical space, plastic and paper. Might as well have it digitally.

Picked up this

why not both? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used to do this with video games in the mid-2000s before the filesizes started forcing me to buy more expensive blank CDs

That's a good idea OP! Might do that myself

>Drive
>Infinite Jest
Kek you've got your bases covered

>Bleedng Cowboys font
...sick bastards

nah because part of the fun is knowing you supported the company. Pic is the beginning of my new 4k collection

what the fuck
the original cover was great

do you download actual rips or untouched blu-ray images?

why do chinks have to be so gay

>all that text cancer on it
well I hope you at least print out new covers

What type of printer, ink and paper do you use to make the cover? Shit looks spot on.

Literally no need to use Yifi rips when Axxo rips will always be good enough quality for half the size.

back to the cavemen era

>go through the trouble of printing out covers and everything
>but still uses those fucking ugly neon blue bluray cases that look shit on a shelf no matter the cover, since it's got that useless large plastic-only piece at the top

What the fuck is wrong with you. Why would you keep the worst part about blurays?

I don't mind them. Makes everything look nice and uniform in the end, since most Blu-Ray spines don't adhere to a set pattern or anything.

please reply

you have reached peak turbo-pleb if you think drive belongs with those other two

somewhere around 2005 or so movie posters and video cover art changed hands from actual artists to unpaid interns as a cost saving measure. that's my theory

if you really like a movie and want it in optimal quality digital doesn't cut it. plus i like the convenience of browsing a physical collection

this movie looks way better than the real one

Great ideia, I will start with Blade Runner

>a bit over-hyped
>but was a great watch.
>It's hard to call it shit

Are you schizophrenic or just terrible at communicating points through language?

my time is too valuable to waste it on stupid shit like this. i pay for my entertainment with money i earn at a job, like a functional adult. also if you liked drive you have extremely superficial taste and you are part of what's wrong with society

Its a cool idea, having the cases and art on them, but then you open them up and this is staring at you.

you know you can print those out too

kek

Back when VCD was a thing I'd make cases for varying quality rips (usually TS rips) and use the top if the line school printer to make the covers.

Yify

>Buying 4K Blu-Rays when 8K will replace 4K
4K TVs aren't even commonplace yet and there's practically no 4K TV content. You're investing in a meme that will be replaced by another meme.

>having a collection of BD-R movies

Um, OP. Your gay little hobby is supporting Sony.

eventually we will reach the point of dimishing returns. I think 4k is a good point to start a collection to be honest with you.

Just think of all the wasted space on those brdiscs. Literally a thousand Peter Ceterabytes.

Where do you source your cover pictures?

>I think 4k is a good point to start a collection to be honest with you.
>start
Therein lies the problem. If you're just starting out collecting movies going for 4K blu-rays is fine. The thing is, it won't be fine when 8K blu-rays become commonplace. Most people already have significant blu-ray collections and they reluctantly started collecting those because they already had significant DVD collections — and they reluctantly started collecting DVDs because they already had significant VHS collections. 4K blu-rays are creating the exact same problem again.

Make some kino mallick

or make some for your JAV

yeah you are right i would probably want to start a new collection for 8k 3D so perhaps i should only buy old movies for now since they werent recorded using steroscopic lenses

I used to do this with cds I downloaded
Based OP

>it's cheaper to buy a new printer than buy ink
I have a lot of printers.

This is always going to happen numbnuts. Did you just wake up to consumer society today?

lmao

You only say that because Drive is more recent and popular. Nobody cares about your contrarian schtick.

I like to download BRAP rips, burn them and then print my own covers so I can have a "physical" collection for fun. Comes out to about 3 bucks for each one. Does anybody else do anything like this?

I do this with video games. I even bought a lightscribe drive so I could burn logos onto the dics.

Defeats the purpose.

You should just get the label printed out on photo paper at a print shop. It should cost less than a dollar with better quality than your home printer.

With all the access to on-demand printing and making services today it is surprising there isn't more of a scene for the hobby of making your own fan release of media. Nothing stops you from making up your own covers, artbooks, and extras and bundling them together with a nice custom case.

>no Thief

they are probably just following focused group formulas that are proven to make you want to spend money

>practically no 4K content
>literally any movie mastered on 35mm can be scanned in 4K
>any 2K movie can have an HDR version created from its DI and HDR is the real reason to buy UHD

I saw "Misery" on BluRay quite cheap in town but when I pulled it off the shelf and saw the cover I couldn't bring myself to pay for it. The cover looks like a bad shoop.

youtube.com/watch?v=ubEu9QvetRE

I don't see the point in this. It surely makes more sense to just keep them on a harddrive? If you want a actual collection then just buy legit copies and get all of the content. Get them pre-owned if cost is an issue, blu ray today is quite cheap.

I do it too OP, its funny that many of the custom covers are better than the real ones.

and if you want to get your ink costs down massively buy a continuous ink system for you printer - about $30 and say goodbye to cartridges

I just wait until the price drops to 5€ and buy then.
If I buy. Time is the great discriminator.

>won a palme d'or
heehee

kek

Back in 2004 I was a senior in HS and we used to trade DVDs with our own printed covers, the really cool kids also had the CD printed. Man, that was fun, besides all of our parents being mad because the ink was always dry.

>looks like a bad shoop.
It doesn't look like it, it IS.
Also, Misery is probably the last movie that I'd ever think needed a bluray quality version. It's not exactly a classic because of its visuals.

Why not just build a NAS and have a ton of 4k movies with the cover art directly connected to your tv?

I dont get the appeal of physical media anymore when itll likely be replaced again by something newer.

Tech noob here.

How do I build a NAS?

i have to dvd version and it's the same cover i'd of much prefered the vhs style cover as it definitely sets the mood

How much are the bluray discs, or do you use regular DVDs? Also where do you get the cases?

He said earlier, 25 b-rays for $20 and cases are like 30 for $15 amazon.com/Verbatim-Cases-Bulk-Pack-98603/dp/B00QTDU20U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508673365&sr=8-2&keywords=bluray cases

Where do you download the cover so it wraps? Is the back blank?

Neat

A wut
Post more custom covers

That is criminal.

>Lars and the real bean
Kino. Gave me feels