What the fuck is that sound? Now I hear it in everything. I just started CHUD and I hear it in that too...

What the fuck is that sound? Now I hear it in everything. I just started CHUD and I hear it in that too. Is it because the sound was recorded on tape and stored improperly? I thought it was just the wind at first.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ANU2FqM7HeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I will point out that this is Leone's best film. Too many people focus on the Dollars Trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West. This was his masterpiece.

I'm going to agree with this man

it's a phone ringing. It's confusing the first time you watch the film, but it's an artistic choice.

I want to watch it, but I'm afraid of its length.

I felt like I was being lenient to give it a 9/10 although I'm not especially familiar with all his films.

It sounds like ocean waves or something. I'm going through 1984 movies right now so I'm hoping it just because of this that Im noticing it. I actually heard it in Children of the Corn first but I was convinced it was the wind.

Just plan accordingly. You will have 4.25 free hours at some point, and it is worth it.

Don't be afraid, it's completely worth the 4 hours out of your day. One of those movies that can actually be classified as a masterpiece.

Well memed

Sounds like a good /x/ thread

Bump

Just watch it, you'll be sucked in rather fast, especially if you like kinos such as this one.

youtu.be/ANU2FqM7HeA

I didn't look too long to find a better scene but I can hear it in this one. I have to turn it all the way up and the bass all the way down though. He starts screaming so be prepared. I think it's more noticable on bluray on a tv.

This is fucking important people

I liked this movie. That part where the bitch asked for it got me a boner.

I'm convinced her character was a narrative red herring to make it seem like she was in on it somehow and the double cross went a lot deeper than it seemed. Ultimately she was just a nasty skank to put it nicely.

It's boring as fuck. Even at 1.5x speed it was too long. Leone's worst.

How is it boring exactly?

>It's a coming of age film.

Rather, it's a coming of death film.

Every scene is about twice as long as it needs to be, and there's no reason to care about any of the characters.

I can't believe no one else hears this fucking sound.

What was the meaning of the ending shot? That what came after was just memories playing?

It means he should've just stayed in his opium den where he was happy. It means we all should.

This. Also as a gangster film it's debatable whether it's better than Goodfellas or Godfather 1 but it shits all over Godfather 2

Yeah. I guess it was a counter character to Deborah, the kind of bitch who would be better suited for Noodles

I think this is correct. Like the movie ends with old Noodles getting the money and solving the mystery but as far as a "happy ending" it's as hollow & fake as him getting stoned in an opium den

Its not too long, its too short.

A man's life and the state of a nation in four hours is pretty good going.

>We're old now Noodles. All we have left is our memories

IMO it's kinda a hack job

How many sexual assaults were there? I counted four.

have you seen the fully restored version? greatest of all time for me

if anyone liked this film then read the book hoods by harry grey, supposedly the true story, it's a brilliant read.

I thought all the restored scenes were expendable except the final one with James Woods which was kind of shocking they cut.

>chick in theatre
>robbery scene
>car ride

Am I forgetting one?

Nah you basically got it. Statutory rape is technically sexual assault.

Yeah that's the one which totally changes the way you interpret the movie. It's also the only scene from the "future" which is shown from someone else's perspective.

The scene with Peggy?

She was the cutest. She needed more scenes though.

The opening scene of the party in his office talking to Treat Williams? Nice I didn't realize it was the only scene from someone else's perspective.

I forget her name but the teenager who prostituted for pastry. When she fucked the cop.

Hell yeah she was hot as shit. When she puts the lotion on her skin. My god

Her intro scene was cut but is in the super extended version or whatever it's called. Where Noodles meets her after raping Deborah.

I can't find that scene anywhere.

Why did Noodles rape Deb?

Yeah. I always thought Treat Williams' character was kind of pressured into supporting the mob but in the extended version you see he's been totally corrupted.

Yeah that was Peggy. I forgot her name for a while myself.

They should be on YouTube somewhere or at least I heard the deleted scenes were on there many years before the extended version officially came out.

This is all just my interpretation but short answer is Noodles isn't a very nice person. Long answer is that being with her was this bullshit dream that he had in his head from when he was a kid and had all the way through prison. However Deb was right about him he only wanted her as some sort of trophy and the chance they had of being together went out the door with him when he left her to go talk with Max in the alleyway years ago. She tells him it's not happening and he can't handle that the dream he'd had all his life was being shattered so he reacted like the bad person he is.

>De Niro rapes two different women in this film
>We're only meant to feel bad about one of them

Leone knew what he was doing

This is basically correct, De Niro literally couldn't handle being friendzoned

One of them was literally asking for it though.

Youtube has all the restored scenes EXCEPT the one with Noodles' girlfriend.