Tfw whedon is butchering justice league

>tfw whedon is butchering justice league

No he's not. You can butcher every part of a horse except it's shit.

There was never gonna be another BvS and chances are even Snyder would have had the studio breathing down his neck to make it more straightforward and accesible. People rejected "artistic" superhero movies, Justice League is gonna be the same meaningless shlock as Avengers.

BvS wasn't artistic. It was just meaningless, incoherent drivel with Snyder's signature slick visual style.

No, it had some pretty substantial commentary on the genre as a whole and its titular characters and the way they relate to current times in particular, a lot of which it presented in an unusually restrained and cerebral way, for an action movie.

BvS is not difficult to grasp at all, in fact it smacks you in the face with what it's doing I'm still surprised idiots like you don't get it

Right, but sometimes a linear story is better, especially if it’s an action movie.

Fuck Joss Sweden
Fuck Marvel

Oh, it's obvious what happened in the film. It's just that it's told in the most idiotic way imaginable.

>it had some pretty substantial commentary on the genre as a whole
I'd love to hear more about this. Please elaborate.

I really don't get why people defend this film. The conflict between Batman and Superman is interesting for about 45 minutes, but it ends up being resolved in a ridiculously hackneyed, forced way.
Lex Luthor is one of the worst-written characters I've ever seen and the CGI monster fight at the end was somehow the least meaningful battle I've ever seen in a superhero movie. After the "Martha!" scene, the movie has lost everything and it's all downhill.

Take the moral ambiguity of the characters. You have a Superman who tries to do what's best but is unsure if his presence doesn't put more people in danger than it helps and suffers under the polarized public perception of him and you have a Batman who fully gave into his paranoia and revenge fantasies to a point where he clearly betrayed his moral code. It engages with its characters and what they stand and traditionalle stood for critically.

Rather than playing the traditional image of its characters straight it examines what they represent and what this would mean to our current culture. It does for the 10s what Watchmen, the original comic book, did for the 80s, puts idealistic characters in the context of a cynical time. And I find it in some ways a bit more poignant than Watchmen because Batman and Superman actually are established characters with some cultural significance.

>Hack Snyder and Cuck Weedon are ruing DCkino
FTFY.
The reason why MoS is so great is because BRAVO Nolan wrote it.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Snyder's films

this is true but BvS ultimate cut was ok, knightmare shit and WW were dumb though

Snyder was too good for us. The hero we needed but didn't deserve.

>tfw whedon is butchering justice league
he's doing it to punish all the plastic nerd bros who suddenly like superheros after bullying him for being a nerd during his youth

This. There is brilliance in how Snyder choses to contextualize old American heroes.

"Zack Snyder dares infuse the comic-book genre with moral and political substance".

>Oh, it's obvious what happened in the film. It's just that it's told in the most idiotic way imaginable.
>proceeds to outline several very obvious, readily interpretable scenes as "meaningless" and "forced"
Let me guess, you were just pretending to be retarded, right?

It's always the same Marvel buttboys making those pasta posts. They are furious that Thor threads despite the film being new die after five posts whereas BvS only gets more and more discussion with time. The brilliance of actually making a film with some substance - it warrants long-term discussion.

I hope Snyder never switches to digital. This is beautiful.

whatever, i thought BvS would've been made to appeal to normies after MoS and it wasn't. Mos and BvS are the only capeshit i care about

Justice League was quippy capeshit before Whedon got on board

Chad Snyder cinematography of excellent lightning and angle

vs

Virgin Whedon's TV cinematography with no regard to lightning or angle

Skyder should've just made Batman noir. One film, none of this cinematic universe bullshit

right is so fucking shit i don't understand how you can work in film for so long and make a shot like that, you don't even need to go to film school to understand fucking lighting, you can literally figure it out by going to film.

that cant be real, right is just a set photo? r-right?

Joss Whedon is a Marvel director in core and thus has no understanding of how to actually film properly. Worst part now is that even the Snyder scenes are his to edit in post. This is major betrayal by WB of Snyder's vision.

We'll see how this turns out but my expectations are low.

BTFO

Quips @ u

The Chad Speak
vs
The Virgin Babble

The Chad Contemplation
vs
The Virgin Anxiety

Even the costumes look worse... like Wilkinson didn't have some extra costumes lying around? It looks like they got their wardrobe from H&M the day of the shoot.

>We will never get the intended vision of Snyder's JL before it was cut down by WB.

Our only hope is another ultimate edition for JL

>Snyder will never adapt Doomsday Clock

Feels bad man

The Thor threads are never about Thor. When the RT scores came out people just wanted to console war

so much this! Snyder would have delivered a batman kino unrivalled

Every thread starting with an RT OP is by definition cancerous. Another reason to hate Marvel shills, they shill that awful site as if it's the word of God.

right has to be a set photo