Do you agree Sup Forums

Do you agree Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tmLv246eR1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, but I won't say why.

That said, those are all very good shows, just not the top 5.

No.

Dexter's Lab is overrated.
Adventure Time isn't even good.
The other three are contenders, I think. Maybe not Courage, although it's still a good show.

I cannot condone the lack of EEnE under any circumstances, and I was never that fond of Dexter.

I'm fine with everything else though. Much as I like AT not sure I'd say it should be that high but that's about it.

>I cannot condone the lack of EEnE under any circumstances
dubs speak truth

nope

I haven't really watched it in years so it's probably nostalgia but I think Johnny Bravo's at least top 10.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy should definitely be top 5 though

PPG is #1 and Courage and Jack are there so I'm mostly satisfied

>ed, edd, and eddy not on there at all
>fucking adventure time at number 2

>Courage
>Jack
>Johnny Bravo
>Dexter's Lab
>Scooby Doo Mystery Inc

Where is Steven Universe? Replace Adventure Time with it.

This is the only good ranking

All other rankings are shit

youtu.be/tmLv246eR1g

I will never understand why people insist on sucking EE&E's dick. Wasn't that good. Go rewatch it, you'll come around to my way of thinking.

who is this half rate Cr1tikal

move Courage and Dexter up, replace AT with EEnE, and maybe replace Jack with Megas XLR

>Second spot for adventure time
>2013
Ok guess that explains adventure time but even then it wasn't that good

seems fine

No

I actively cannot enjoy PPG anymore due to what the new series has done to it

>No ed edd and eddy
>No Billy and Mandy
nah

When I rewatch EEnE all I get is a big smile on my face. Stuff was quality.

>no KND
>no EEnE
this sucks

Not even close.

1. Samurai jack
2. Clone Wars
3. Green Lantern
4. Young Justice
5 Symbionic Titan

Come at me.

to eclectic for normies and nostalgia fags but i like your taste

They should specify which seasons of AT

Just because it was an action show doesn't mean it needs to be on your list guy.
And everyone knows Young Justice kind of sucked.

I grew up watching the PPG but I really don't have many fond memories of the show. My most lucid memory of the show was the episode where they created a retard sister who killed herself. Even as pure comedy I don't think PPG was as funny as say Grim Adventures or EE&E.

I always thought Courage was much more engaging and heartfelt, even as a kid it impressed me with its creative boundlessness. I appreciated the fact that Courage was usually more about storytelling than simple gags and possessed a capacity to be both genuinely unsettling and touching at times. Courage possessed a unique combination of premium animation with compelling storytelling that I don't think any other CN show ever managed to match.

I actually don't like the show at all. But I think I get it.

It's a combination of consistency over all of its seasons when so many other classics either had a drastic shift in tone and or style if not outright started to suck before their runs ended. The length of the show's run makes this consistency even more impressive. And the fact that it had a definitive conclusion that included payoff on years of character development is another huge plus for fans.

Like I said. I don't care about the show. I actually hated it when I was a kid. But at least I get why people enjoyed it so much

Considering this is a a popularity grade it's seems right, desu. There's more quality cartoons that should be in the top 5, but they also weren't that popular, and they also had to compete with other really good cartoons back in the 90s so it took a lot more to stand out back then.

Ed, Edd n Eddy
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter's Lab
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones

>Do you agree
>Official Ranking from Entertainment Weekly
No I do not

>4. Young Justice
Opinion disregarded

1. Teen Titans Go
2. Uncle Grandpa
3. Steven Universe
4. Mighty Magiswords (has good waifus)
5. Ed Edd n Eddy

I think KND should be there instead of Courage.

Then you have shit taste.

I love PPG but considering how downhill it went after the movie, it shouldn't be #1. Maybe #4

Adventure Time shouldn't be here at all. it only recently stopped being shit

Samurai Jack and Dexter should be up one

KND and EEnE should be on there somewhere

YJ was great, fuck you.

Young Justice sucks ass, fuck you.

I feel like PPG only had 1 god-tier episode and that was the one where the next door neighbor snaps and holds the professor hostage at dinner.

There's so many to consider, but if Samurai Jack and Ed, Edd, & Eddy aren't on your Top 5 it's wrong. Billy & Mandy, KND, Courage, Dexter, Megas XLR, Sym-Bionic Titan, PPG and Johnny Bravo all come to mind as contenders as well, but for each there as aspects you could argue put them out of contention.

Post artstyle change Dexter, for instance, just isn't on the level of the first couple seasons, and that drags it down. KND had some awesome creativity and world-building, but some of the humor is rooted in really juvenile stuff that doesn't really work if you're any older than the main cast (but hey, it's a kid's show), plus the major positives of the show don't kick in immediately; Season 1 is totally episodic and some fall flat in comparison to later stuff. Titan's fucking horseshit semi-cliffhanger ending with a dozen unanswered questions is way worse than Jack's lack of an ending because at least Jack was episodic so it just felt like an endless journey. Megas has a similar problem with its finale.

>but some of the humor is rooted in really juvenile stuff that doesn't really work if you're any older than the main cast
I disagree. When the whole GKND shit was going down, I rewatched the whole series. I was surprised to see how well it held up. There are some lame-ass jokes though they mainly come from Numbah 2 but there's a lot of humor and references that's for the older audience too.

Fuck you

>5. Powerpuff
>4. Samurai
>3. Courage
>2. EEnE
>1. Johnny Bravo

I rewatches B&M recently.

While the show was pretty amazing, the last season wasn't as great and, dare I say, kind of ruined it a little.

>1. Johnny Bravo
Have you gone back and watched JB recently? The mediocre episodes outnumber the good ones like 5 to 1.

In no real order:
Powerpuff Girls
Ed,Edd n Eddy
Clone Wars The CGI one
The Amazing World of Gumball
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

Courage, Megas, EEnE, JLU and Harvey Birdman

Order doesn't matter.

1. Dexter's Laboratory (Genndy era only, should go without saying)
2. Ed, Edd N Eddy
3. Regular Show (even without the perfect finale, it's an excellent show)
4. Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
5. Courage the Cowardly Dog

Honorable mentions to Samurai Jack, Flapjack, Adventure Time, and season one of Johnny Bravo, all of which I'm a big fan of as well.

>Dexter's Lab
>Samurai Jack
>PPG
>Courage
>Ben 10
>Flapjack/Chowder

>Courage
Agreed. Very innovative and high quality work
>Dexter
Ehhh...Only the second season is good. Its significance is that it was the first but it's not really relevant outside that
>Jack
Agreed. One of the best cartoons ever made.
>Adventure Time
Sup Forums can act contrarian all they want but AT saved Cartoon Network from becoming something it was not and ushered in a second television Renaissance for creator-driven cartoons after a decade of faux anime ripoffs, Canadian imports and Flash garbage.
>PPG
Agreed. Its the network's most successful property and the one that's most remembered.

Now for the shit that didn't make it
>EEnE
This is the only upset. I would trade Dexter for it since it had consistency, great animation, and a great setup that harkens back to the Golden Age of cartoons. And yeah one of the only CN originals that got an ending.
>Johnny Bravo
Is not good, only the 2nd and 3rd seasons are watchable.
>Cow and Chicken
Came from an era in which everyone had to be Ren and Stimpy, the only thing that differentiates Cow and Chicken from Snnokums and Meat is the abundant amount of ass jokes
>Mike, Lu and Og
Literally nobody gives a shit about this or even acknowledges its existence.
>Sheep In The Big City
Underrated as hell
>Time Squad
I don't even think people remember this. Very middle of the road show.
>Billy and Mandy
Season1 is shit. Season 2 is a significant improvement once they dropped the Evil Con Carne shit, 3 to 5 is where the show finds its rhythm and becomes legit funny but the last two seasons are lazy as shit. Overall a pretty uneven show that really represented how stale that era was.
>What Ever Happened To Robot Jones?
Good question. Why was this even greenlight? It looked like shit and the plotlines were boring with literal no actual humor with them made worse when they had to re-dubbed the Robot's voice into a generic kid one because to couldn't use the computer speech pattern voice anymore.

I'd push DL and AT off the top 5 for having some crappy seasons(and AT for still being ongoing), and probably push PPG down to #4 and push Samurai Jack and Courage up to 1st and 2nd, with EEnE at #3, not sure what I'd put at #5 though(KND, Flapjack, and Mystery Inc are all definitely candidates)

Billy & Mandy was great, but it started declining after Big Boogey Adventure

Hey, fuck you.
I've been rewatching it recently and it's still gold.
There's a goddamn reason it was CN's longest running show.

Where's Steven Universe?
>2013
Oh, that's where.

I'm disappointed that there's no Billy & Mandy, but I can't think of which show I'd remove to make room for it. Courage?

Pretty based of them to have Courage on the list.

Actually, I do. All those series are great in at least one aspect.

Perhaps AT should be replaced. i don't know, it was something very innovative at it's time.

>>Adventure Time
>Sup Forums can act contrarian all they want but AT saved Cartoon Network from becoming something it was not and ushered in a second television Renaissance for creator-driven cartoons after a decade of faux anime ripoffs, Canadian imports and Flash garbage.
This is incredibly true, but then it also was so popular in its heyday that almost everything CN has put out since has been derivative of its style in one way or another (from art style to comedic timing to tone), to the point that most of their current shows are run by people that worked on AT. The biggest variation exists in Gumball due to being from Europe, but even then the Wattersons aren't as far off from the rest of the network's shows in style compared to the rest of the show. I suppose homogenous animation is better than whatever the fuck it was trying to be in the mid-late 2000s.

>JLU
>Mystery Inc.
Fuck, both of those count and are STRONG contenders. Earlier DCAU stuff probably falls under WB though, as does Xiaolin Shodown.

>JLU
You know I did legitimately forget that aired on CN only and not WB. That should be a top 5 for sure

Steven Universe is shit that's only popular because tumblr gender identity bullshit and waifufags.

Billy and Mandy is good but not good enough to be in the top 5, especially not more than Courage.

Johnny Bravo is at least better than both PPG and Dexter's Lab. But those shows were much more popular so it's not surprising it didn't make the list.

I'd put Courage in 2 but pretty much.

SU is not a top 5 of cartoons in the whole network, come on son. That's not even good for trolling

Nah. PPG's not #1. EEnE deserves a spot. AT's not that good.

>I Am Weasel
Much like Evil Con Carne it was a weaker element from a previous show given a full series for no apparent reason. You can tell it was weak when creator insisted that the main villain of Cow and Chicken show up in every episode.
>Kids Next Door
Much like EEnE its aged incredibly well and you can tell that the creator really cared about the setting and characters given the abundant amount of lore within it. Also another CN Original that got an ending.
>Evil Con Carne
I can only imagined this was made to put the rest of the sketches they made from where it was called Grim and Evil. Overall its a waste of time and effort but at least Scar became a permanent member of the Billy and Mandy cast after it was canned.
>Fosters
Its okay to admit that this show has a lot of problems and doesn't hold up well. Its still solid but definitely a weaker follow-up to the PPGs.
>Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
Cute...though I don't see why Sam Register thought that they needed to make a show based on the singers of the Teen Titans theme song
>Megas XLR
Short but oh so sweet.
>The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
Ah yes we're officially in dark times. I don't even thin CN acknowledges it and if they did its probably been written off for taxes.
>Camp Lazlo
While not the worst follow-up to a memorable and influential 90's cartoon its the most disappointing.
>My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Mediocre. This was for a short time period the TTG of CN where it performed well and was everywhere.
>Squirrel Boy
How do you go from Duckman to THIS? Seriously this show is so unremarkable that I have to question what made CN think greenlighting it was such a good idea?
>Chowder
This only has one good season and devolves quite quickly into fart and fourth wall breaking jokes that get really old really fast.
>Flapjack
This show only has one gimmick and that it's really creepy but not much else and it shows given how barren the world and how boring the characters are.

>No EEnE

Eat shit OP

>Regular Show
>Courage
>Powerpuff Girls
>Gumball
>Steven Universe

My top 5 (not listed in order because that'd be too hard) would be

Samurai Jack
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Powerpuff Girls
Dexter's laboratory

I can't blame Adventure Time for copycats, though. Dude makes a solid show and others are shitters and copy.

It's like blaming Halo for mediocre shooters in the mid 00's.

>no one takes the b8
Is Sup Forums getting smater?

My top 5

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Samurai Jack
Powerpuff Girls
Adventure Time
Codename: Kids Next Door

it would be better if you swap TTG with EEnE.

I don't think I personally love enough shows on Cartoon Network to fill a top 5. I feel like even if I looped in Disney and Nick I could barely scrape together an actual list of Top 5 all-time favorite cartoons.

I'm one of those people who enjoys things a great deal but very rarely loves them.

That being said I have a Top 2 at least. And it consists of Courage and Flapjack.

>AT

Maybe 5 years ago I would have said so, but not even close now.
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Titan needs that spot more.

Chowder was a great pilot but I feel like it just got too loud and obnoxious. It never took itself seriously, which sounds like a pro, but they took this so far that you just kinda stopped caring. The premise and world is brilliant, so it feels like a waste to use that premise and world as a vehicle to just mock tropes and make 4th wall joke after 4th wall joke.

There was an episode where Muung says "This is the part where I pretend not to notice you ignoring my instructions and then you make the food wrong" or something and it just felt so... hollow. Like someone didn't have their heart in the show.

In the pilot, Chowder had talent as a chef but still had a lot of growing to do. However, even in that 11 or so minutes, he shows some personal growth at Muung's hands. After that he just becomes a piece of shit that ruins everything and will no way in fuck become anything.

I dunno, Chowder could never be story driven, but it could have had some sentimentality and heart to it, but it never did.

I agree with Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack, but not in the order they're in.
I'm not a Courage the Cowardly Dog fan so I can't really comment on that without being biased.
I feel that Ed, Edd n' Eddy should be on the list.
Assuming we're talking strictly about CN originals, I'd suggest Kids Next Door in the top 5 as well. Foster's had its problems but I think it's still up there.
Adventure Time does not belong on this list. Maybe if it ended at the end of Season 1 it could have been in the top 10, but I feel it's just gone on faaaar too long for what it is.

Symbionic Titan, Megas XLR, Justice League, Teen Titans, and if we're allowing Adult Swim stuff, Harvey Birdman and Space Ghost should be somewhere in the top 10 as well.

TL;DR
Megas XLR
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Justice League / Unlimited
Harvey Birdman
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
Powerpuff Girls
Samurai Jack
Codename: Kids Next Door
Symbionic Titan
Teen Titans

In no particular order really.

he put edds on there so I thought he just had mostly shit taste but was still being genuine.
that's probably exactly what the bastard wanted me to believe.

>adventure time in second
who votes on this shit?

Honestly? Clone wars only gets good by S03/S04

It's a mind trick meant to make you think that EE&E is shit tier taste like the others. However, he overdid it. Maybe if he didn't put Uncle Grandpa and TTGo on the same list then he could have fooled some of the slower users, but hey, every troll starts somewhere.

Symbionic Titan and Genndy's Clone Wars are overrated. Good, but overrated

Just doing CN stuff:

Ed Edd n Eddy
Adventure Time
Codename Kids Next Door
Flapjack

I don't know my final one, maybe Steven Universe or Samurai Jack, not totally sure.

Somewhat shit taste and proud.

>Regular Show
We're out of the dark ages! Just recently ended and all I can say is that it was solid for the most part but man did it get stale after the third season and man did it get bad during the 5th and 6th seasons but it managed to pick itself up through all the bad and gave us a pretty good ending on top of it. Kudos.
>Sym-Bionic Titan
I don't think SBT is the beacon of quality for all cartoons and its the greatest tragedy ever that it was canned but I do feel that it was given the short end of the stick before it ever got a chance. The show can best be described as more than the sum of its parts, the most interesting aspect of it are the backstory between the pilots and their homeworld, the highschool aspect is not interesting at all and the weakest element is ironically enough the robot fights itself. What could be a great scifi show becomes merely decent robot highschool action show.
>Robotomy
Filler but good filler.
>The Problem Solverz
One of the negative byproducts of the creator driven era is that shows like these get produced behind the network's backs. You just have to ask if the guy who greenlighted this was fired shortly after it aired.
>Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
...let's just say this was an unneeded prequel to Uncle Grandpa and leave it at that.
>The Amazing World of Gumball
Much like Courage its a very innovative and high quality work albeit more formulaic.
>Steven Universe
If you take away all the controversy with its fanbase or how the show is pushed as something its not its a very solid cartoon show that has a lot of good elements to it even if its mostly unpolished.
>Uncle Grandpa
God this show is fucking stupid so I guess its doing a good job. Really there's not much to go into a show like this, you're pretty much getting what it promises.
>Clarence
Very ugly yet underrated show that feels like a 90's nostalgia trip
>We bear Bares
Its cute. That's it.
>PPG 2016
What's been said about this doesn't need to be repeated.

No, AT should be number one.

>Adventure time outranking fucking Courage

>its mostly unpolished.
I feel like that is a missed opportunity for some sort of rock pun.

1. Courage
2. Samurai Jack
3. EE&E
4. Justice League Unlimited
5. Adventure Time

Shit wait, swap Over the Garden Wall and Adventure Time, and there you go.

EEnE should be #1, it carried that network on it's back for nearly a decade.

delete adventure time and replace it with knd
chowder/flapjack were the last good shows they made

>2013
So that explains why adventure time is on there. I almost forgot how obnoxious the adventure time fanbase used to be. It's unbelievable how it's completely crumbled.

I feel like Billy and Mandy should be on there somewhere.

I guess now that I think about it I'd definitely add Over the Garden Wall. I'm not making a real judgment call on SU until after it's over and I had some time to think about it.

If I pulled in Nick I only walk away with Hey Arnold. Disney leaves me with absolutely nothing.

So my Top 3 are
1 - Over the Garden Wall
2 - The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
3 - Over the Garden Wall

I'm not including DC shows because they're not CN originals. But if I were to do so I guess JLU would bring me to a Top 4 and it'd probably be above Flapjack.

Yeah it definitely felt like a waste that a show which such a lively world, a beautiful artystyle and had a variety of animation techniques get wasted on such lazy subpar writing

I don't know how I'd rank them, but I would at least put EE&E at the top.

It only really got big for a shot time because of DEEPEST LORE, lesbians and shipping, you can't last long on that alone.
Soon enough plenty more shows came about with the right requirements and the fans diffused to new ground.

>tfw I realize my childhood is this man

Nah man, it was popular before that. If anything, the addition of more lore turned a lot of people off.

And the WB-produced shows that aired on CN?

Where is my new favorite show?

Doesn't seem fair since they're WB produced

>Disney leaves me with absolutely nothing.
Neck yourself.

You for real bruv? Among the original fanbase sure, but that huge explosion from 2012-13 was like all because of shit like I Remember You and stuff. Bitches loved that lore, until they got bored of it.