/hor/ General - Evil Dead Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GEcDE8XwtEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2 > 3 > 1

Can Army of Darkness really be considered horror?

I struggle to watch all of army of darkness, yet I find 1 very comfortable. Is something wrong with me?

1>2>3
I don't like the stupid slapstick and cheap one liners in ED2. I honestly think it's the most pleb of the three films. At least with AoD they went full force with the comedy shtick. Original is just a work of art..

mean't 1>3>2 but whatever.

If you're a kid, it can be quite spooky.
I saw 2 when i was like 8y old and thought it was was 100% horror. Wondered why my mom was laughing.

It's not even that good as a comedy.

bump

In the mouth of madness is pure kino. Sam Neil is underrated as fjck. Im dubrk but this is true

Watched AoD first, wasnt really impressed, then i watched the first and was amazed at the fact that it was an actual horror, wich even spooked me a bit. Soundscape is top notch for sure, the constant wind noise and all that is something i really appreciate in horror.

Anyone looking forward to season three of Ash Vs. Evil Dead?

patrician rating

Everyone I knew into this series was mostly in it for Army of Darkness, but I really appreciated Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn.

3>2>1

How's the show? I got too busy with shit in the middle of season 1 and dropped it, at the part in the bookstore when the demon comes out of the rune or something.

Is it worth watching?

Only if they get rid of most of the stupid comedy shit and make it more horror. Also kill off Pablo and Kelly. It's not Evil Dead when Ash is not suffering alone.

>2 before 1
Found the casual. I bet you love memes don't ya, faggot?

Season 1 gets a little fillery after the bookstore episode, but the last 3 episodes go back to the cabin and are pretty solid. Season 2 overall is far more consistent with gore and being entertaining, but focuses on comedy more than horror.

So, S2 is basically more Army of Darkness than Evil Dead 2 in it's tone? Or is it even more comedy than AoD?

What are some scary movies for plebs? My girlfriend hated Hellraiser and The Brood and every time I suggest something, she says it sounds stupid or looks cheesy or she hates a well-known actor.

Basically, anything that has come out within the past 10 years is probably new enough that she would give it a shot. (kill me)

I'd say in between Evil Dead 2 and AoD if that makes sense. There are small moments of seriousness and Ash lamenting the death of his sister, but then he gets his head shoved up a corpse's ass in the same episode later on.

The show tries to be 3x as retarded as Army of Darkness but with a an Evil Dead kind setting. They really dropped the ball with the whole thing. They'd rather do a show where nothing is taken seriously and none of the main characters are in any real danger. It's just too corny and silly when they should be focusing on telling a great story. Perhaps now with the previous showrunner getting fired, they'll change the show

Sounds right up my alley. I started the series ass-backwards from AoD so it's still my favourite. I sure hope it picks up when they finally meet Lucy Lawless.

>Hellraiser and The Brood
no wonder. Hellraiser is just a gross mess and The Brood is slow. I like both but no girl woul enjoy that. Show her An American Werewolf in London, Re-Animator, and John Carpenter's The Thing

More comedy. I had high hopes for the show and feel like they really dropped the ball.

I don't mind Pablo, but Kelly is a horrible character. She's the main reason I dropped the show during Season 2.

So I'm watching Dead Alive and I feel like I keep running into the same problem. The audio is fine but in the background I can literally hear previous dialogue spoken in a previous scene. I've had this happen when I watched it on youtube and i'm having the same issue with this downloaded version. What the fuck is this?

This

general is really slow today

Are they going to make a part 2 from the remake

because they never explain why ash comes back after the credits and says "groovy"

You're reading too much into pure fan service.

>wanting a sequel to a shitty edgy remake

Two questions:
1. Is there any movie that is similar to Rocky horror picture show?
2. What are some really scary horror movies, not just jump scares. I'm searching for some horror that will make me fearful of even going to toilet at night, i still havent found any similar movie but im hopeful there exists atleast one.

Already saw it and it was average.

>average
kys

Phantom of the Paradise which not only predates Rocky Horror, but it's also much better. It was directed by Brian De Palma

Phantom of the Paradise

Too late faggot bitch. I beat your ass to it.

Literally every site is using the same version with the fucked up background audio. Both Moviescounter and Openload

No

No, 1 was way better than the following two sequels.

To be fair. It was a good concept but it was delivered quite badly. I think if Carpenter had done it 10 years earlier back when he still gave a shit about making ambitious films, it would have turned out much much better. As of now it just sits as one of Carpenter's least liked films along with Village of the Damned and The Ward. Although it is better than those two.
I agree, It's pure kino. Can you imagine watching it when it first came out. There was literally nothing like it.

Can some one recommend me some good horrer/mystery?

Pic not related I'm sure.

Dumb question here, but I can still post because it has Evil Dead in the movie:
Would you consider Donnie Darko a horror film? It doesn't say so on google, but I still feel like It Is.

>Donnie Darko
Who cares. It's garbage regardless of what genre it is.

Army of Darkness is the patricians choice.

I need some comfy horror and not comedy/self aware horror

examples - 1408, In the mouth of madness, the thing, event horizon

Even though it's fairly recent Oculus is pretty good

seen it but good one. Karren Gillan is a 10/10 qt 3.14

>similar to Rocky horror picture show
Just watch an Alice Cooper concert

Really garbage shit right there.

very valuable opinion, saved

Well it is Oculus. Expecting anyone t0 explain why it's shit is condescending

I enjoyed it. Please recommend me something better.

>complaining about edginess when Evil Dead 1 exists

The remake was actually fucking good.

Watched Day of the Dead today and it's actually superior to Dawn of the Dead. Why does everyone suck Dawn's dick?

Rec me a good Mario Bava movie that is actually scary. I've already seen Black Sunday, Kill, Baby, Kill and A Bay of Blood.

I remember watching AvsED season 1, enjoying it, laughing, and then I completely forgot about it. Haven't even watched season 2 yet.

Holy shit THIS
>Hangings
>Beheadings
>That huge Frankenstein thing
Alice is a fucking great entertainer
youtube.com/watch?v=GEcDE8XwtEU

Agreed. Necronomicon is Ash's cross to bear.

i need some help anons
when i was younger i saw a movie in my grandpas cabinet and the cover art was like some old freddy kruger-looking dude standing in some orange desert with cracked ground
i think this was a horror movie but i can't get the vague picture out of my head because i wanna watch it again
thanks

The Mist and The Fog are both real comfy.

does anybody know the name of the movie*?

1 > 3 > 2

Never understood the Evil Dead 2 meme. They took the worst part of the first movie and dragged it out to a whole movie.

Dawn has more mass-appeal, everyone wants their own mall.

Day is easily better, but Snyder's Dawn is the best of all.

Was it Highway to Hell?

Forgot pic.

Why don't they make other Freddy vs. Jason esque horror films?