When did it stop being funny

When did it stop being funny

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S48x-W1ESYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Once you started browsing Sup Forums

I stopped watching after season 15 so around that time probably.

make love, not warcraft

When I became an adult

theres been a steady decline for a long time but i could always at least laugh at some of the jokes until after stans parents got divorced for a couple episodes

Some years ago, most episodes stopped being funny and only had some moments now and then, with some good episodes every 3 or 4.
Then there were less moments and less good episodes and they're suddenly not children, they manage to put them on the stupidest, most retarded possible scenarios just to make the episode related to real life events because they're creatively bankrupt and can't do it on a way that fits the series.

It turned from kids being kids and experiencing fucked up shit that sometimes went bad with small button pushes for the sake of comedy and jabs at society to always wacky in your face THIS IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD SO WE MUST MAKE THIS EPISODE BE BASED ENTIRELY AROUND IT AND FORCE IT ON EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER which is gonna make 90% of the episodes these past 3ish seasons completely unwatchable in a couple more years.

When it chased being current affair satire instead of being allegorical. Much like the Trevor Shoah that's happening in late night.

It never stopped being funny, it just stopped being funny every single episode.

the show has always been about current events

it just so happens that you grew up and are dissatisfied with current events; and you have different opinions on politically charged problems. Like it or don't, and move on.

R E N T F R E E

The show peaked at around the third season and has been on a slow, steady decline ever since. For me, it was the episode where the class goes to a museum and Butters wouldn't let go of Cartman's hand that made me realize South Park had lost its edge and was now just cringeworthy. I didn't laugh even once during that episode and the series hasn't felt time same since.

Current events that were never IN YOUR FACE besides some really big ones you just can't really jump around like 9/11 and they made sure to, even in such a nationalistic mess, to portray how America is also fucking up other countries.
It was also mainly about kids being KIDS on humorous situations that sometimes got a bit silly in it's own contained town like mecha Streisand or the korn gang acting up as the mystery machine gang.

Compare this to Garrison suddenly turning into Trump, making no jump around or being subtle at all while portraying every single thing that's happening right now and the kids are more of a secondary actor with the BIG EVENT BASED ON REAL LIFE THINGS of this week taking the spotlight.
Go watch the awesom-o or good times with weapons episode, MOST of these episodes will probably remain relevant for years to come without losing most of it's jabs, can't say the same for these past seasons when every episode is entirely made on how it will fit a real life event instead of making a good, legit funny episode.
Even on this season there was some offshoots like the mel gibson episode but the formula still had some of it's character.

Shit like spooky fish or the succubus are just as enjoyable as they were back then, they stopped making a series and they started making a 30 minute animated snl skit of this week events.

season 5

They handle current events differently now though. The children used to be a lot more childlike, and every single episode wasn't about current events, just every few. You'd get an episode about cartman pretending to be Butters' robot or a sneaking out of a field trip along with episodes parodying whatever event of the week was happening back then. Even when the episode parodied current events it was generally still able to stand on it's own quite well. The humour didn't rely on referencing the current event. For example go watch the season 1 episode where the ATF pulls a Waco siege on Mr. Mackeys party. The episode is still funny as shit because most of the jokes rely on shit other than current events references.

*felt the same

God fucking damn it all.

When it was your turn to get made fun of and you all proved you were no better than sjw's.

s01e01

I rewatched the movie last night and it really made me realize how far the series has fallen. Fucking forgot how catchy the songs were though. I've had What would Brian Boitano do stuck in my head all morning.

What are you referring to? South Park has poked fun at Sup Forums several times in the past and most people on this site legitimately did not care.

>>last season
>haha, douche vs turd, AMIRITE?
>both sides are dumb heh

>>trump wins
>RREEEEEEEE
>why is everyone so FUCKING STUPID
>muh nostalgy muh uneducated

lmao

I got tired of the apocalyptic episodes where something dumb was threatening the world occasionally it was good like the internet episode but id far prefer a south park centred episode.

Dude Southparks made fun of both right and left wingers since season 1. The difference is that there'd normally be around 1 or 2 political episodes a season. Now they are basing entire seasons around american politics. It makes the show unwatchable for us non-americans now.

Bigger, Longer and Uncut Song Power Rankings
Gold Medal Tier
>What Would Brian Boitano Do?
Great tier
>La Resistance
>Kyles Mom's a Bitch
>I'm Super
Good tier
>Uncle Fucka
>Blame Canada
>Mountain Town
>I can Change
>Kenny goes to Hell
Meh tier
>It's easy mmmkay
>Up There

Never, the last seasons still made me laugh extremly hard and that's worth spending my time on. You just happen to have no shtoyle, that's why you see a fall in quality. Hahaha.

Fact: the early and newest seasons are fucking unwatchable dogshit, the Golden Age of South Park is seasons 5 to 14, with the Coon saga being the last good episodes.

When they stopped solely making fun of those evil kike commie SJeWs and started making fun of the based God Emperor instead.

Can't even remember it's been too many years.

The show just became "we lampoon the current hot topic of the week"

the new episode is pretty great lads

When it became The Fuck DRUMPF and FUCK white people: The animated series.

Are you fucking kidding me? What the hell even was that supposed to be? It had like one funny bit, when the boys were singing/dancing, there I might have cuckled for a sec.
Fuck that was fucking boring. Old people prison gang my ass.

I'm just happy that it wasnt another 'this month in current events' episode

yeah, instead you got 20 minutes of pee and fart noises. so. much. better.

don't pretend this isn't what south park has always been about

>edgy
I guess with an IQ as high as yours you're probably rather enjoying such exquisite shows like rock and marty, eh?

>have to stop liking a show because it made fun of your poz daddy

the absolute snowflake state of the alt-right

When satire becomes truth.

>the alt-kike
>real

Nice fake boogeyman movement, CNN.

the trump bashing in American shows is played out, like welcome to mid-2016 ffs

I can pinpoint the exact moment - mid 12 season. I dont know what happened during the season break, but everything went downhill after "Super fun time"episode.

i've seen every episode and it's way better than in the early seasons

Season 12

>snowflake libtards still trying to co-opt snowflake

Sad!

Mountain town Reprise for great tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=S48x-W1ESYs

season 10 was the last good season

But season 10 is worse than season 13 and 12.

Post season 10

Trey parky is creatively finished. Any artist only has so much to give, and he's said everything he's capable of saying. Is he going to keep making the same jokes about Mormons that he's been making since Orgazmo? Attacking religion stopped being edgy in 2006 when every obese atheist with a webcam discovered Youtube. Is he going to write another 100 episodes of South Park that's just a news story + Stan's dad doing something that happened on the news? The fact of the matter is all these 90's shock/trash tv acts are old and desperately trying to stay relevant but it's just not working. It's just over. Time to make room for new stuff. That show Nathan for You on comedy central is fresh and funny. Even Rick and Morty is better than new South Park. Trey should just retire with dignity, maybe work behind the scenes just doing music.

Sup Forums sure are sensitive
season 20 was a hastily written train wreck though

It's still funny, just not consistent with it

He's talking about the creators, genius.

Season 11 was good.
Imagination land was good. The fleas episode was good.

Season 12 was just a trainwreck( aids money, cat piss, Britney). Pretty boring stuff.

Don't know the games are still fun, I watch an episode every now and again but meh.

Honestly, seasons 11 to 17 were pretty forgettable, full of episodes that were okay for a watch but nothing memorable or long lasting. Even the episodes without politics where the kids are just being kids weren't anything special. But the serialization in 18 to 20 was a freshly needed idea for the aging show. It was just that season 20 hinged entirely on Trey and Matt predicting a different scenario of real life events than what actually occurred, causing the main plot to crash and them having to make up shit as they went along, going back to that 11-17 feel of "I guess we'll have to shit out 20 minutes worth of lines and call that an episode".

Personally, I think the show's golden era was in 5 to 8. 1 to 3 feel too disjointed and not fully formed, and you could tell making Bigger, Longer, and Uncut gave them a new drive.

I specifically remember being extremely annoying and having my perspective about the show change after the episode about the Nintendo WII, that wasn't long after episodes started becoming more and more about current events and having really lazy jokes and that was way the fuck back in 2006

>having my perspective about the show change after the episode about the Nintendo WII,
Why? Was it because the episode had a "Atheism isn't going to make the world better, it'll just give people dumber reasons to wage wars" message?

And he was talking about the user.
Fucking autist

Last year when they bought into the false narratives.

Short but sweet.

>When it started making fun of the dumb stuff I believe in
FTFY

about the time they bitched out to muslims

>south park season was lame with over used anti trump billet points that were indifferent form any other comedy show doing trump hit pieces

>lol u just like sjw poll

Circa 2005

The user was talking about the creators and not even expressing his own opinion. It's an objective fact that Matt and Trey went full retard when the election didn't go their way.

ITT: angry Sup Forums snowflakes

I agree that they should keep working on music. They really are talented in that regard. As a fan from season one who's watched the show slowly go downhill and lose it's roots I'd love to see them retire the show with one last musical film. Bring the series back to it's roots and focus a film on the boys having one last adventure in their town. Don't focus it on side characters like Randy, just the boys having an old school adventure around Southpark.

Are you defending Nate Silver's bogus predictions which caused an entire nation to lose their collective shit?

This. They showed there is a line they will not cross. Also the whole sucking Obama's dick for 8 years and never ever criticising him becuase that was a comedy central no go. Even the Onion called him out for drone striking kids and making light of it.

How is it Sup Forums‘s fault that South Park started being shitty before Sup Forums even existed? Or did you think the penis-mouse 300 episode was amazing? How about that 3-part Batman trilogy thing? How about Human Centipad and crack baby college basketball?

It’s been a shitshow for quite a while?

When they fell for the "overarching storyline" meme

T. Person who visited Sup Forums once and now claims ptsd

When they started making the video games and all their best jokes went into those instead of the show

>giving a bunch of politically motivated crybabies a loud forum to over react to the smallest issues.
Yeah i dont know how that could be a problem.

What the fuck are either of you talking about? They didn't bitch out to Muslims. Comedy Central did. They wanted to show Muhammad, but CC banned them and it pissed them off so much.

T. Triggered Sup Forumstard proving my point

I didn't watch it for years, just saw the intro is changed and horrible, so i'll say when they did that the show died

Never, because it never started being funny.

>everyone I disagree with is a Sup Forums nazi

Please literally shake somewhere else.

Nice reddit spacing faggpt

T. Memer

>it's the daily "Sup Forumstards get triggered because they found out south park wasn't on their side the whole time" thread

I stopped watching with any sort of regularity somewhere around S14. I think it was the episode where Jimmy went to that special ed camp (or whatever that was). I made it to the end, and thought "That episode wasn't very good". There was episodes in prior seasons that weren't great, but they were pretty consistently knocking it out of the park back then to make up for it. I guess if I ever decide to pick it back up, I've got a lot of episodes to watch anyway.

twitter was a mistake

South Park has had more consistently good seasons than The Simpsons.

The show never stopped being funny.
Its just their base realized they became the subject they ripped on.

you need to go back
>>NeoFag

>He doesn't know

>MUH Sup ForumsTARDS GTFO

You fucking faggots are the reason why Sup Forums ends up legitimately having better discussions about EVERY form of media; because people there aren't wasting post counts going "HURR DURR U R Sup Forums SO UR OPINION IS WRONG", they're just giving their opinions because everyone there already knows they're on Sup Forums, nobody goes "hurr you're Sup Forums gtfo" or "hurr you're Sup Forums gtfo" or "hurr you're Sup Forums gtfo", they discuss the strengths and failings of the subject matter and actually get somewhere with it.

Also, newsflash: not everyone on Sup Forums is right-wing, there's a shitload of centrists and leftists and even plenty of outright communists.

Holy fuck, just talk about the fucking show - it started getting bad LONG before Trump even announced he was running for President, for fuck's sake

combine that with making internet connections so cheap that every inbred flyover country retard suddenly gets paid-for, ultra-right, truth-distorting, sensationalist journalistic diarrhea delivered directly into their cheap smart phone on an hourly basis

When it did like the Simpsons and ran out of good original ideas so it just parodies or addresses whatever's current in social issues/entertainment/politics

>Season 12 was just a trainwreck( aids money, cat piss, Britney). Pretty boring stuff.

Major Boobage is a great episode.

>it can only exist in a heavily moderated space
>said the literal safe spacer
>in response to being told to fuck off

literal degenerates

>waaah my favorite friend simulator has been shitty since 2005, I’m going to blame this site that has only existed since 2011. How dare these people care about politics and simultaneously not like my favorite adultoon.

When Matt (or Trey) became a race mixing cuck and stopped being edgy.

literally shaking: the post
Go back to your Sup Forums safespace

Triggered

Exactly. It was much better when Buzzfeed and Something Awful were the main sources of internet news. All of these white guys actually want to keep existing and don’t want 50 million doctors and lawyers invading their country.

Why can’t they just line up outside of McDonald’s for their Ricky & Morty sauce like a true intellectual?

I quit many years ago around the first Coon/Mysterion saga.
It just wasn't as funny anymore and Cartman almost felt like a different character.

But Sup Forums's existed since 2004.