Joe Quesada Created The Fake X-Men Comics For LOGAN

>Joe Quesada did those covers. This was an idea that I had with Scott Frank, my writing partner, that Logan and Charles and any other remaining mutants in the future would be living under the weight of their own legacy and celebrity – much like sports stars and heroes and astronauts and movie stars live under. And that it would be really interesting to examine what it's like to be a superhero in twilight, living under the weight of the exaggerations and truths of what's been told and said about you. So all of those things lived in our universe – comic books, action figures, all of it. It's all vintage in the future point of our movie, but it's a kind of legacy that is both something, for some of the characters they're proud, and for other characters it's a kind of noose around their neck.

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/5-huge-logan-reveals-from-james-mangold-about-the-trailer-and-a148313

I really like that in this universe/timeline, because the mutants are known to mankind, that they have influenced popular culture - even with the First Class era costumes being used. We saw similar things in Captain America TFA and Hellboy

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/logan-director-reveals-whether-x-23-will-be-the-new-wolverine/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Interesting to note that the Wolverine costume is similar to the one from the deleted scene in The Wolverine.

so they are hated and feared but there's a company making them comics and giving them zero money for it?

i get what they tried to do but it doesn't work.

>so they are hated and feared but there's a company making them comics and giving them zero money for it?
Remember, toys for all the Watchmen characters were going to be made in the Watchmen universe, and superheroes are actually illegal in that world. If a company can make a cheap buck off people without paying them, they'll fucking do it.

>I really like that in this universe/timeline, because the mutants are known to mankind, that they have influenced popular culture - even with the First Class era costumes being used. We saw similar things in Captain America TFA and Hellboy
The difference is that Fox hasn't earned this pop culture influence. There's yet to be a film where the main cast is together for the whole thing and works together as a team. That comic in the movie has more character potential than any of the films they've made already.
And TFA works because it's WWII propaganda comics, and Hellboy works because it's Hellboy.
They tried to do something clever, and failed at it because they're so inept at making movies.

Mutants weren't really hated and feared after DoFP changed the timeline. When Mystique saved the president they were looked at more positively.

I wish I was getting paid to badmouth Fox. They make it so easy.

Yeah I kind of agree with this. In the rebooted timeline, we barely have any time with the team as a TEAM. Just a bunch of gathering the troops and then at the end they're in costume.

I really don't like Logan as a whole, to be honest. I was hoping after AoA they'd stay away from bad futures like this. What was the point of the last shot showing the proper X-Men team in AoA when you're just "Whoops they're still all dead!"

There's no MCU movie as good as X2 or DoFP. :)

that's really neato, but why not use real ones?

They couldn't because of legal reasons since Fox doesn't own the rights to X-Men comics.

They could it played it up more, but yeah, mutants were fairly accepted in America at least by that point. If mutants just stopped happening, and were clearly a fading trend that was never going to overtake normal humans, I can see people even getting a little nostalgic for the days of mutants running around fighting evil mutants.

I think the biggest failing is there was never really a movie where the world got to see all the X-Men kicking ass. Their most public fight was DoFP, and everything else was fairly secret. While people are vaguely aware of Apocolypse (as there was world wide destruction and Xavier talked into every single mind on the planet) the actual final battle wasn't televised or anything. One movie where the world watched, holding their breath, as the X-Men fought to save humanity probably would have done a lot to explain them becoming a real cultural icon.

Why can you see his eyes through the costume? He's always been drawn with pure white eyes.

Worst part is, I believe they said that Logan is set only a year after the end of DoFP. So in other words, it was all completely pointless because all it gave them was 1 more year before everything went to shit

Scans of these comics when?

Source? I find this hard to believe. They wouldn't have merch like this and Prof X would not be Stewart.

oh no, continuity is pointless. who would have known?

Foreshadowing a long awaited suit-up?

Nah.

Will we ever get Sauron and the Savage Land in the movies?

Why anyone would want that?

Because dinosaurs. Do you really need another reason?

I have jurassic park if I want dinosaurs

But it's superheroes fighting dinosaurs.

jesus christ, get a life

>examine what it's like to be a superhero in twilight
I misunderstood that sentence at first, and then I lol'd.

>x-men comic group
that sounds neat

Sauron is genuinely one of the creepier villains from pre-Claremont X-Men.

Logan takes place in 2029 according to an interview from the director yesterday. DOFP ends in like 2023

>saying that
>on a lebanese sign language plank

yes, it's about time normies took over

>sauron
They're not gonna do it, because they'll fear all the casuals going "LOTR RIP OFF" and th emoney they might lose.
That plus, unless someone presents the idea they'll not consider it. Fox didn't know who X-23 was before the director brought her up, so they def wont know about this guy.

>Fox didn't know who X-23 was before the director brought her up
Source?

cbr.com/logan-director-reveals-whether-x-23-will-be-the-new-wolverine/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

>When asked if this movie was written with the intention of passing the Wolverine mantle on to X-23, Mangold said, “I always feel like I’m making a one-off movie every time. My feeling is that if you can make a good film, it’s naturally going to lend itself to people wanting to see sequels because it’s good and the characters are rich. I really wasn’t thinking about [passing the torch] — and I know the studio wasn’t because they didn’t even know who X-23 was when I brought it up.”

Really, why would we be surprised?

Kevin Feige said he has a similar experience when working on the first X-Men movie, he was apparently the only one working on it that actually read the comics. It's how Avi Arad noticed him.

Well that's not surprising either. There was a mandate to not read anything on the set of the first film.
Actors even said they read books while hiding, because they wanted to get to know their characters.

As far as Fox itself goes, they handle many IPs and none of them give a shit about them, so why would they give a shit what happens in those funny books?
They think in terms of sales, and how to make something as bland as possible to get it to please as many people as possible, because money.
It's part of why they didn't want to make a Deadpool movie.

"The humor is weird and it doesn't have Wolverine in it. Why should we fund this crap?"

frankly, the movie was a risk. I remember when people on Sup Forums thought that DP would lose to Zoolander 2

Outside of pure box office numbers DP was one of the most successful movies of the year, capeshit or otherwise. I thought it might lose to Zoolander, I'm shocked it blew up the way it did.

I only hope the shitheads at Fox don't see that and go, "Just imagine how much we could have made if we changed things!"

>"Just imagine how much we could have made if we changed things!"
They already are.

Its possible for one group of people to hate and fear something and another group to adore them.