Tales from Earthsea > Lord of the Rings (all)

Tales from Earthsea > Lord of the Rings (all)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg
youtube.com/watch?v=am-piARxy4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off weeb

sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg

it has better random song too

Holy shit! I thought I was the only one who appreciates this kino. Its the only ghibly with relateable characters and I like the story.

>relatable characters
>stabs his father to death for literally no reason, never explained or redeemed

Great story

I liked those parts. It was real fantasy, there was some dragon plague that is never explained and really I didn't know why fucking falcon ravenface had that beef with weird wizardfaggot or why that girl was a secret dragon, I mean, you just had to roll with everything, because a fantasy world doesn't have to explain anything to you which was really great I luuved it.

The sword part was kino

How many levels of autism are you on my man?

mister the movie didn't explain much, and some people don't mind that. My brother is the complete opposite way. He needs everything explained to him, which is fine too. He hates ambiguous endings or unanswered questions in movies, he thinks everything should be resolved.

There is ambiguity and then there is just plain bad story telling
Earthsea and Ponyo is worst Ghilbi

The one thing that is a shame is that it was not a series with more material from the books. I didn't really like the magic system in the books and the fourth one ruined the whole thing with the archmage losing his wizardry to that rostie. but some of the stories in the books would have been great adapted in anime. especially the cult with the lolis and tunnels and shit.

well I never read the books, but wizards losing their power because of girls is a common thing. It happened to Merlin and it fucking sucked because Merlin kicked ass but he let Morgana lock him in that coffin forever, and obviously, wizard chan is named after this trope and Harry Potter has elements of it as well.

earthsea is gay and weak and clearly written for queers

I agree most fantasy which tries to explain too much ends terrible unless it has had a lifetime of though put into it like lotr.
yeah

I like the Earthsea books better, but the LotR movies slaughter Earthsea adaptions.

plot holes are plot holes and untalented writing is untalented writing so stop quivering

He actually lost his powers and then got into a relationship with the girl. I just didn't like it because it totally felt like the author was imagining herself seducing him and it changed his character a lot. Maybe I am just autistic though.

>dumbledore and voldemort were both unseduced by women
>greatest rivals

no mister a plothole is a made up thing by those with no imagination and untalented writing is subjective.

lotr movies sucked

might have been good adaptations I fucking dunno, the books were nothing special either who cares

He gives up his powers in the third book to stop that other mage, the fourth he is back to square one from the start

At least he isn’t an obtuse faggot in book 4, his cryptic bullshit got tiring in book 3

Solar Cycle > everything else ever written

yeah for some reason everyone fawns over that moving castle bullshit

>quivering intensifies

>lotr sucked
Best joke ive heard all day

ugh god, screw you it's not that good.

Sup Forums is NOT a place to discuss Sup Forums reject material

Is 'Sup Forums reject' a meme? It makes as little sense now as it did when you started it however many years ago.

Shit-tier Ghibli. One of the worst they've made.

I've never been blueballed more in my entire life by a movie. Started out with huge promise, then fizzled into nothing and ended with almost no resolution. If they were only going to adapt one part of a series they needed a little more exposition.

The setting is absolutely 10/10 though.

Does it have anything as good as Galadriel's feet?

>ugh

faggot detected

Gormenghast >>>>>>>>>> Everything else

The movie was honestly pretty bad though. Terrible pacing through and through.

People in this thread really need to read the original Earthsea.

they went on an adventure mister, and then the adventure ended.

>anything beating samwise the strong
lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=am-piARxy4U

To me that stuff and book 4 felt like a fanfic writtten by someone else. The tone changed so much. The feminist themes seemed just tacked on. Not hating on the feminism per se, but in her other works it was woven in way more skilfully and unobtrusively, imo.

But it's true. Only the first movie is good. The other two have only a few decent moments amidst haxonry like skateboarding elves.

the part where they got split up and never met again was neat. I liked those bits where gandalf is riding around and they see an explosion like 100 miles away up the mountain and just say: Oh, that must be the other guys, wonder what they are up to.

But I have no nostalgia goggles about this, never watched it as a kid, only caught it as a grown-up cause my ex-wife really loved it or whatever, so I never did understand the insult levied at me as a youth. This one guy kept asking me where the ring was, which I realize now is a reference to me being short, but I assumed it was something about marriage or whatever.

Kind of ironic, now that I think about it.