WB pulls BR out of cinemas

Why didn't you save it Sup Forums ?

showbiz411.com/2017/10/21/hollywood-ending-big-studios-cutting-losses-this-weekend-pulling-flops-from-theaters-earlier-than-usual

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bladerunnersequel.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

think of how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of the population is even stupider than that person. This is why it failed.

Wonder Woman : $412 millions
BR2049 : $69 millions
Whats wrong with burgers?

Glad I got to see it yesterday on the big screen

It's down to one showing a day at my local and it's at 10.45pm, no doubt with previews and shit.

I've got a job and kids, can't be at the fucking cinema with the wife watching a film that doesn't finish until 2am.

That's not how averages work

>tfw only got to see it once

Jesus christ americans have no taste at all. I would like to see how it performed in europe.

Is it really "flopping"
Jesus fucking christ burgers are retards

Yeah, people are stupid, but that's not why it failed.
The movie lacks of story consistency
>BR: replicants are killing people to lenghten their lifes
>BR BO: Replicants casue mass outage because fuck humans
>BR'49: Replicants are killing people because spoilers
Yeah, fool me thrice shame on you?
I would say, that people in BR'49 are just plain retarded, so as the writers
>but muh new generation of replicants are taimed
If a dog bites me once, I do not trust that dog. That's it. Same goes for humans.
>but muh artistic value
Having CGI all over the place ruined the movie, and its artistic value. People got used to it. In BR, it is facinating, because it provides something new.
Also I see no reason to have red smog in an unhabited desert. It felt like a stupid Silent Hill spoof.
>but the musik
The only music, that is worth remembering was at the very end of the movie. And that was from the original soundtrack.

I was gonna watch it again

I’ve got bad news

>Le contrarian

how does this shit work exactly? how do cinemas get the films, and how is it agreed how long the cinema gets to show the movie for?

They take about 50% and will generally keep showing if people turn up

>Not getting 5 7s
>Arguing people are not going to see a movie because of technical crap ony someone who saw the movie would be capable of noticing and possibly not liking, but not before seeing the actual thing
Not everyone is wannabe contrarian critic like you, and no... whatever the reason for this "flopping" is, it has nothing to do with le fancy snob critique

Stupid post that doesn't deserve a (You).

Here in the UK, we did our part. Personally, I saw it twice in a cinema, which is something I have literally never done in my entire life, and very likely, will never do again.

RIP Alcon Entertainment

Is BR2049 the biggest flop of the year ?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bladerunnersequel.htm

>Production Budget: $150 million
>Worldwide: $164,460,977

Redditcucks on suicide watch.

This is sad. Guess what's coming next year guys?
Capeshit and more capeshit.
Also thinly veiled capeshit masquerading as true stories

>tfw we get 1080p webms sooner because of this

Should i feel JOI ?

Cinema takes about 50% and marketing is usually 1mill plus

quoted for truth.

I love the "stupid burgers" meme, but that wasn't the main reason why the movie flopped.

It was a pretty mediocre film. Now the dust is settling, more people are starting to realize this.

Brainlet

On the one hand, they won't try to follow this up with another unnecessary sequel.
On the other hand, we won't get more scifi Kino.

I think that user implied the correct term would be "median", not "average".

the dust has settled and its already considered a modern classic

you're on the wrong side of history, shitlord

An average person would be at the median point though because it’s a symmetrical distribution

>t. pleb

The movie opens in China in about 1 week

this desu

Chinks are even bigger pleb than Amerilards

Does this mean BD's will be released earlier?

Oh well, just means that I can watch it again on an HD rip sooner

I am going to buy it on Blu-Ray as soon as it comes out though

Fucking insane, did they not market the movie?

Didn't it do well abroad though? I might be too hopeful but I kind of want to see moar

>normies can't appreciate 3 hour arthouse kino
What else is new?

But I still don't have time to see it...I tried but

I just got off the phone with my local cinema and DEMANDED they keep Kinorunner for me next week. I had two showings scheduled.

>spend last two years lecturing and insulting half of America
>be surprised when your industry goes to shit

Just go tonight what the fuck?

I did my part and saw it twice, I never go to the cinema. I even brought 2 friends the 2nd time.
It's still on here, one or 2 showings a day for the week. I think I'll go and see it once more before it's gone from the big screen.

No, I only knew about it coming here.

>R Rated
>3 hours long
>Bladerunner is only cared about by people over 30 for the most part.

they only like typical love stories

PORGSSS BROOOOO

>no cinema in my town
>have to take a 90 minute bus ride to the city to watch it
>only non-dubbed showing, which is not in IMAX, is once a week late at night
>no buses back to my town after midnight

Being an American expat in Europe is suffering. Sorry I can't save it.

Got to work tonight
Well I can't really say I never had the time but I tried a few times.

Call in sick. This is important.

If your king gives you permission,then ride your donkey to give see it.

But there are millions of them and they'll watch anything. Be good for another million bucks

uk it is doing good

>Personally, I saw it twice in a cinema, which is something I have literally never done in my entire life, and very likely, will never do again.
Same. Haven't went to the cinema in years, loved this kino so much I saw it twice. I probably will never do something like this again.

Makes sense
I thought they HAD to pull it.
Also not but we do look alike and get confused for each other often.

>its already considered a modern classic

By who ?
Opinions of a few Sup Forums autists who identified with the shit main character and his anime waifu don't count.

I also saw it twice. Last time was just me and one other old dude. First time about 10 people

I went to see it, because I hoped it will be something I will like.
I will go as far as I wanted to like it.
There were too many unnecessary plotlines, and stupid moments, that they ruined it for me.

>bees in the middle of the fucking desert
>the wooden horse is still in the oven
>Leto saying he loves his creations and want them to procreate, and then slices one up
>Luv wants to kiss K

I can just hope the will fix these in the bluray release, but I already lost interest.

> dat top story.

By the vast majority of people who actually did go to see it.

About the bees, that annoyed me too but the big hanging things are feeders. Look again next time

>tfw 98% of world has lower IQ than you
Terrifying, actually.

>Taylor Swift
Wut?

None of those are stupid, you should feel stupid.

>He doesnt know some of us went to see it with real friends
>He doesnt know said friends do not even know Sup Forums exists
>He doesnt know said friends were equally mindblown by the witnessing of pure kino
>He doesnt know about the general succes on critics that do nothing but support 4channers

Leto slices one up because it can't procreate - it's why he's looking for the kid so badly, to perfect the creation process to allow it
I thought they could have showed that better to be honest

I couldn't save Dreed, what makes you think I can save this? I'm just one man!

Confirmed for not even seeing it

This might be a good reason why it flopped. The niche the appeals to is very specific, and most likely they've seen the original movie or read the book before.

Also:

>went with a couple friends
>one of them goes "hey let's watch Thor: Ragnarok next"
>mfw

I guess it's not harmful to watch something dumb for a change, but come on.

Bait

>who is Mark Kermode
here's the thing.

If you dont even got Leto slcincing you should just shut up

I have no idea why theaters do this. Every year my locals rerelease the best picture winner that they wouldn't book for weeks beforehand, but only two showings after 7pm. Who drives home from work only to turn around an hour later to go to the movies all night long?

>tfw could not watch this movie more than once

It's over, I'll go back to my history, science and philosophy books.

It was not a masterpiece but it definitely was above most of its genre.

Hey people, ready for the articles pointing out that failed because misoginy and lack of diversity?

So should I go see it soon or do I still have a few weeks before its out of theaters?

Im ready for twitter screen caps to be reposted here as if they're statements from the Pope

>wonder woman
>not SpiderMeme Homocumming
interesting choice MouseShill

I saw it 6 times, plan on going back. took clients from work to see it on the company time so that was 9 more tickets. I fought the good fight.

expect redemption in Oscar season.

I usually pirate everything but this will probably be the first movie I buy on Blu ray because it was so kino.

I contributed my repeated viewing to shin Godzilla so I sorta know how you felt

>article starts with "So"

stop

Both WW and BR 2049 are Warner Bros movies though, the only thing wrong with his comparison is not using a similar R-Rated movie that was successful like IT 2017.

WB is only distributing the movie, it's actually a Sony flick so Homecoming would have been a better choice

What's the last successful R-Rated movie Sony released?

Wtf Dude

Alien Covenant :^)

Ill watch it before its pulled but how watchable is this movie? I can never watch the original blade runner without falling asleep.

That's the point. They wan to accelerate the dvd release because it's going to make a lot of money on this market

That's cause it was shit.

Better. It's less meandering.

Sure it's getting pulled early, but I think a large part of it is that longer films usually do better in the home market (Rentals/DVD/BluRay)

We-we're getting a sequel tho, right guys?

Do we need another one?

Pretend for a moment that you have a happy life and an attractive gf, then ask yourself if you'd still enjoy watching BR2049. This movie is only appealing to young, lonely men.

No.
Wait another 30 years.

Kinda?
I mean, there was a lot about the revolutionary replicants as well as Wallace pursue that was left up in the air.

Im a young lonely man and i enjoyed the hell outta this movie.

Even thought I liked BR2049 and the original BR, I think waiting 30 years for a sequel it's the best course of action.
Jumping to 2079 in 2048 instead of going into an action movie set in 2050 in 2020.

just imagine the rest