Unstoppable Wasp gets Second Printing

SLAYYYYY!

reminder that instead of using an established character, a founding Avenger, the first solo Wasp series is about this random teenager made for movie synergy and this comic is written by a bronyfag.

>This, finally, is a hero we deserve
Have we truly been so horrible as to deserve this era of shit

>Unapologetically feminist
Jesus fucking christ that is not a phrase used for promoting anything.

>comic starring a girl is feminist

I fail to see the issue. Are you mad when male-lead comics are hyper-masculine?

>the first solo Wasp series is about this random teenager made for movie synergy

Wait what? It's not Janet?

>Jesus fucking christ that is not a phrase used for promoting anything.
Depends on the target audience.

spergle down son, simply NEEDING to use the phrase
>unapologetically feminist
is cause for worry. As if to imply there is something there to apologize for, that it is trying to piss people off, but proud of it.
That might not be the case, but it's sure as shit not the words I'd use on a promo

Printings =/= Sales.
Marvel printed millions of copies of X-Men #1 and they're all rotting in landfills around the world.

No, it's not Janet. It's a new self-insert OC bunker-baby Silk-clone that Pym supposedly spawned with some Romanian slut off-screen.
She shares MCU Widow's origin story, only geek-girlier. She's a fan of Kamala's fanfics but she's never seen Star Wars or Harry Potter because BALLERINA SCIENCE BUNKER.

So it's for people who don't ever bother touching a comic book. Got it.

>t's a new self-insert OC bunker-baby Silk-clone that Pym supposedly spawned with some Romanian slut off-screen
Hey now, that "Romanian slut" was his wife, the one he was established as having way back in 1963.
Does she really count as an OC when she's obviously based on Hope from the MCU (Nadia means Hope) except given an origin that would make her fit in the comics continuity?

I don't know, user, I ask myself the same questions. Maybe it is something we DIDN'T do.

When did feminism degrade to nothing but a marketing buzzword?

Yes. Voting for you-know-who.

Lots of comics that get canceled after 12 or fewer issues get second printings. What this really says is that they underprinted on the first run because they expected it to bomb.

That, or Marvel had to go to second printing because of all the free copies they gave to stores, like they do with every other book.

Voldemort is a Brit, he can't become POTUS.

We allowed the Avengers to make so much money and talked up the MCU. We stood by as "fans" invaded and began dictating how comics must be. This book is our penance.

>we

Don't say I didn't warn you, Sup Forums.

>I fail to see the issue. Are you mad when male-lead comics are hyper-masculine?

well given that marvel is hemorrhaging money just to keep their books in the top 100 it's quite clear their direction isn't working.

yeah basically.

since trump got elected most SJWs are either going through the 5 stages of grief or on suicide watch

Am I wrong for thinking that quirky down to earth slice of life comedic comics about Superheroes doing stupid shit and acting QUIRKY will be remembered the same way as the EXTREME 90s Musclebound comics?

>When did feminism degrade to nothing but a marketing buzzword?
mid-70s to early 80s. Sometime after the buzzword shifted to "GRRLPOWER" for a bit before regressing.back to the F word.

>we

What the fuck was I supposed to do, shoot up all the theaters in China?

This might just be the most apt thing ever said about Marvel fans. The new Wasp series is undoubtedly the hero and comic they deserve if they are still with Marvel at this point.

>I fail to see the issue. Are you mad when male-lead comics are hyper-masculine?

Actually, that is their argument. Hyper-masculine is not the phrase they use, though. Toxic masculinity is, which as far as I can tell means liking guy stuff and thinking boobs are okay to look at.

And I blame bendis for making Wasp contnuity toxic as shit, a mini Scarlet Witch problem.

>second printing
Didn't they say the same thing about Squirrel Girls and it was selling like 40k?

But user, overseas sales don't count, ever. Sup Forums told me so.

But why the fuck would these movie fans want the comics to be some silly bullshit about girl problems when the movies aren't about that at all?

I want to read a female lead book that isn't dripping with sexism, but I don't want the "ask me about my feminist agenda" shit and randumb humour in the writing. Am I just out of luck?

Her personality is nothing like the MCU Hope.

That was Kamala... Before the troubles.

Love and Rockets.

Squirrel Girl is critically acclaimed with lots if nominations for best series and best art. It's also been running for quite a while.

>Nadia means Hope
In what language?

I wouldn't have minded this book at all had it gone the way I thought it would from Waids Avengers. She was an autismo with the same manic problems her father had and nearly killed herself tinkering, but now she's quirky and hanging out with Mockingbird to find the smartest girls in the world (who just all happen to be in New York).

Hypermasculine is not equivalent of feminism.
You're thinking of feminine, you fucking moron, and feminine is in no way feminist.

So we know we can't trust people who say things like that already.

This feels like a lie, considering the numbers most of their books have been pulling I feel like this might be do to over-shipping and they're trying to pretend things are going well, then again this is mostly wishful thinking because I can't believe so many people to have this much shit taste.

>smartest girls in the world (who just all happen to be in New York).

And all Minorities. And most look okay cept the one dressed up like Janelle Monae which is horribly cringe.

I mean unless now they're overshipping multiple printings that actually is a good thing for this because a second printing means people actually wanted more after they ran out. And in cases of books like this it's more likely LCSs just ordered a low number and it managed to oversell. So if they overshipped and still undershot how much they wanted then that actually implies real interest. Even if it's somewhat meager.

>foolkiller will get canceled on issue 6
>this will get at least go past 12 or get rebooted with a new title

The name Nadia means hope in many Slavic languages, e.g. Ukrainian Nadiya (Haдiя, accent on the "i"), Belarusian Nadzeya (Haдзeя, accent on the "e"), and Old Polish Nadzieja, all of which are derived from Old East Slavic. In Bulgarian and Russian, on the other hand, Nadia or Nadya (Haдя, accent on first syllable) is the diminutive form of the full name Nadyezhda (Haдeждa), meaning "hope" and derived from Old Church Slavonic, which it entered as a translation of the Greek word ελπίς (Elpis), with the same meaning.

>12
Not even Captain Carol made it to 12 before getting renumbered the last time around, only up to 10, double digits are a thing of the past.

>squirrel girl on issue 16
>hellcat on 14 or 15
>even carnage made it to 15
As long as it doesn't dip into cancellation numbers, "quirky female superhero book #3567" is here to stay.

Does Marvel have even the slightest idea of who does and doesn't buy comic books?

Squirrel Girl and Hellcat's books have been on cancellation numbers for months if you take the issues shipped to LCS. SG is at least said to do pretty good in trades and digital, and Kate Leth probably summoned a demon and made a pact so she could ruin comics forever

>will be remembered the same way
No. Even in their EXTREME 90's way, comics were still superheroes doing superhero things albeit in either an edgier or more stupid fashion.

This era will be remembered as the one where stories changed from that to social issues featuring people in thighs. At least for Marvel

Stay mad

>Toxic masculinity is, which as far as I can tell means liking guy stuff and thinking boobs are okay to look at.
Nah, toxic masculinity has specific meaning, it's the idea that men must never ever show weakness or emotion other than anger and that they must view relationships with women as competition that they must dominate in, not cooperation. Basically dudes that seriously buy into the alpha male meme.

>Have we truly been so horrible as to deserve this era of shit
>President Donald Trump
Yes.

Why can't you just let them have their shitty book?

But it's not shitty. Nadia is reall sweet.

You mean like nouveau Silver Age camp?

I'm glad somebody here actually understands the term.

Yes, but I also dread what trend will replace it.

Kate Leth apparently is going to leave marvel (and mainstream comics), and Hellcat will be cancelled around 16 issue

Why are you surprised with rave reviews from sites that were full on butthurt at Spencer "punching down" when he DARED make fun of both sides of the political spectrum or say every Champions issue is a 9/10?

>Every Champions issue is 9/10
H-how? Honestly, even if I wanted to give fake praise to Champions, I don't even know how I would justify it.

She is still autismo manic, just on her high currently.

Carnage is a Spider-Man book. Those do well usually.

Remember me, Sup Forums?

The only really bad one so far was the middle east interference once.

yeah people bitched about how she acted but i thought it was intentional because she's been locked in a lab her whole life

Let them? Who's stopping them? They can make all the shitty books they want and I'm gonna laugh at them.

> Writer Mark Waid and artist Humberto Ramos go beyond just forging a team whose power sets compliment one another — in the spirit of great comics super-teams like the X-Men or the Teen Titans, these Champions fit together magnificently in terms of personalities, backgrounds and points of view, resulting in one of the most engaging and endearing books in Marvel’s catalog.

Kabuki.

This shit gets a second printing but fool killer doesn't?

Fuck this

>"This, finally, is a hero we all deserve"
>Comic Book Resources
Ditching CBR forums years ago was one of the most rewarding decisions I ever made. What a pathetic establishment that was.

How are americans so bad at slice of life? Is because of vapid/self centered mentality most people have in the city?

what is with these feminist comics using words like unbeatable or unstoppable

Pymfag here and this character just doesn't work with the universe he lives in. Look at the pym family
Hank, ultron, vision, janet, wonderman, jocasta...much more if you want to go there but they all have discovered mental problems. Janet is the least damaged but she is damaged. Wonderman maybe second but holy hell he has died so much it's not funny

>Unapologetically Feminist
Oh boy, I can't wait to burn it.

Don't forget OML and Squadron Supreme.

Tumblr doesn't read comics.

>Bendis ruining something
Why I am not surprised?

>Kate Leth apparently is going to leave marvel (and mainstream comics).
Miracles exists.

the fact they don't use some shit MUH ICONIC character is not the problem
the problem is that the comics itself is garbage

i love people pretending to give a shit about Jan so they can bitch about a book

Show some repsect, Jan had the proud Avenger history of getting smacked around any time an Avenger got mind controlled or went crazy to show how serious it was. She was the Wolverine of her time.

I liked Alpha better when he was Starbrand.
Wait, no I didn't like him them, either.

Those sorts of characters only work when they are boypals Superman or Batman cuddle with (no homo).

Oh I want to like Jan, don't get me wrong. There just isn't much that she's good in

Well, slapping Black Panther would have been raciss. And no one gives a single fuck about Purple Arrow.

Dude, get the digital.

EMH is like 90% of good Jan.
I think we might have had her live-action if not for that lazy hippy Wright.

Jan was a cunt and a failure (EMH Wasp the only good wasp)

but Nadia is Cringe set to 11 with the knob ripped off

>but Nadia is Cringe set to 11 with the knob ripped off

"Wait'l they get a load of me!"

Huh.
Guess I'll pick up an issue after all/

marketing buzzword is actually a step up from bigotry, which it actually is.

Yes

Solo #1 got a second printing

This is news to you now? Comic awards are notoriously cliquey and are based on connections rather than actual merit.

source??

THAT'S OUR WORD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I kind of wonder if its readership is rebelling.

They dont count for as much, no, but they fucking love Disney.

>oh noes, original ideas and unique characterization gaiz this sucks gaiz

I like Nadia.

If more people were like her the world would be a much better place.

Huh, apparently pandering works

>Unapologetically feminist
No it's not. Feminism is about women having equal opportunities to men. The book takes every opportunity to tell you that women are the superior gender and men are unnecessary because GRRL POWER can accomplish anything. Speaking as an egalitarian, that's not feminist; it's misandrist.

>This, finally, is a hero we deserve.
Yes, yes you do.

>Toxic Masculinity is things women actually want from their men.

>not knowing about pyms first wife

my avengers torrrent is super old and i don't know how to find new better ones.

>speaking as a label, labels are bad

kool stuff