Was it too smart for normies?

Was it too smart for normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3fzFUs-hYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

normies loved that film you retard, any upbeat film with muh degeneracy and whoa random xD will be loved them

Sell me this pen

Nah it was a success because it works on two different levels.
Bread and circus for the normies and a Catholic exploration of greed and degeneration for the kinographers

the film absolutely shyd away from the ladder though. There was neither exploration nor criticism of wolfmans behaviour, it was all celebratory. Maybe Marty intendend that, but got carried away by his own enthusiasm. Worst thing is that they gave that faggot a cameo

I think scorsese's movies are popular in general because absolute plebs can enjoy them while still having an underlying tone/message that can be understood with some attention and insight for people that want more than the usual popcorn movie

That is the entire point, the film is on the enticement of sin and the possibilities of depravity in the society that we live in. Its not some plebbit Protestant moral cautioning, its a challange which says 'Why act any other way?'

it's 100% intentional that there is NO arc in this way
some time ago an user posted a really good analysis as to why not, too bad I didn't save it

THE BIG SHORT WAS WORSE PSEUD BAIT

>SOME SLAG EXPLAINING MORTGAGE BACKED SECURITIES IN A HOTTUB
DROPPED

It was the third time Scorsese copied Scarface. There's nothing smart about it.

>it's goot to be a criminal but in the end it's kinda bad too

wow so insightful give this man all the awards....

Can no one sell me this pen?

best comedy movie for me that year

normies worshipped his persona and crimes completely dodging the message

>but in the end it's kinda bad too

Nah in the end it was still good, did you even watch the movie?

He went to prison? It's been four years.

fuck movies like this that glamourize cocaine. hollywood is keeping the drug war alive and nobody (non-neo-nazi) is calling them out. fuck people are stupid.
t. tried cocaine once

>He went to prison?

Yeah rich people prison, where he could play Tennis. Then got out and started making a bundle as a motivation guru

can you stick that sharpie in your pooper?
no?
well here , buy my sharpie

you probably mean this
youtube.com/watch?v=l3fzFUs-hYM

mao maybe next time buy your "cocaine" from white people

BEST SEX AND DRUG COMEDY OF THE LAST 30 YEARS!!!FACT!!!

don't mind me, I'm just posting real quick to see if I'm fucking banned or not

Jonah Hill's best movie

lel get fucked Jannies

i bought mine from a popular german tor market seller with thousands of sales. the reviews speak for itself, or this drug is just not for me. it makes you act terribly out of character and the comedown is the worst.

>Destroys his marriages, loses his family, clearly unhappy even with all the money in the world and ultimately reduced to being an inspirational speaker because he's closed every door for himself throughout.

How is that not a depiction of the downfall of greed.

Joel Osteen raised Protestants can't understand the nuanced Catholic message, that his success WAS his downfall

This assessment is correct. It doesn't moralize or condemn because that's what everyone wants, success. This is why Wolf is a great film but also one that reflects this era that we live in!!!FACT!!!

>How is that not a depiction of the downfall of greed.

Because he faced no real punishment and is still a millionaire.

It's really well directed and acted, and the writing's ok but the climax feels odd, deflating, disjointed. Timeskip to the yacht, then the sort of, spectacle of the storm, then timeskip to present-ish day. Felt like it could have been cleaner or more meaningful.

>WHY DIDN"T GOD TAKE AWAY HIS MONEY??

or did the drug agenda this movie pushes go over my head, like i'm one of the normies i dislike?

Refer back to
>clearly unhappy with all the money in the world

so u didnt get it huh

>it makes you act terribly out of character

Thats kind of the fucking point, what did you expect?

Exactly.

usually the message would be "crime doesn't pay!" but in the end he did get away with it all because he was rich. maybe that was the ultimate redpill.

yeah, maybe it's not for me. my self esteem is so low that i can't take the increased alphaness and the comedown that comes with it. i'm still gonna shill against coke, but be pro legalized drugs.